FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 27 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TomRosenberg, jessylin, play, Keith_G, LeroyCFischer
22937 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
jwwmantis 2
Zombie Zero 1
Beefcake 1
LeroyCFischer 1
futsaowingchun 1
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
New Topics
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
12/17/14 09:40 PM
2015 Master Yang Jwing-Ming Seminar
by jwwmantis
12/05/14 10:36 PM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by
12/27/06 11:43 AM
Your true goal
by
03/03/06 07:16 AM
Recent Posts
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
12/17/14 09:40 PM
Your true goal
by Beefcake
12/11/14 02:44 AM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by LeroyCFischer
12/04/14 02:07 AM
Forum Stats
22937 Members
36 Forums
35591 Topics
432526 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#226025 - 01/27/06 06:58 PM "Krav Maga" by David Kahn
Stormdragon Offline
Who Dares Wins
Professional Poster

Loc: Salem, OR
What do y'all think of this book? I bought it used for like 7.50 and then checked amazon.com, and some reviews were spectacular, some were bad, of course i've come to ignore many reviews from amazon but still, what do all of you have to say about it?
Member of DaJoGen MMA school under Dave Hagen and Team Chaos fight team under Denver Mangiyatan and Chris Toquero, ran out of Zanshin Martial Arts in Salem Oregon: http://www.zanshinarts.org/Home.aspx,

#226026 - 01/27/06 07:37 PM Re: "Krav Maga" by David Kahn [Re: Stormdragon]
Plantman Offline

Loc: Maimi
I'm one of the guys who posted a favorable review. My name is Enrique and I credit the book for seeking instruction here in Miami under David's mentor and teacher, Rick Blitstein, one of only 3 instructors allowed to teach here in the states after 1981.

I think it is a great intro into Krav, correctly telling you that Krav is easy to learn and fucntional.

The best thing about the book is that he tells you to seek out a qualified instructor, as opposed to other MA books that tell you you will master the art by reading or watching about it.

#226027 - 01/27/06 07:44 PM Re: "Krav Maga" by David Kahn [Re: Plantman]
Stormdragon Offline
Who Dares Wins
Professional Poster

Oh hi, what acoincidence, welcom to FA.com
I unfortunetly cant learn from a qualified instructor so i have to learn what i can from books, like these, I have kahn's book and the one by Eyal and Imi on weapon defenses. I do formal training in taekwondo and some BJJ though, so I guess it somewhat makes up for lack of a qualified instructor.
So how long have you been training in it anyway?
Member of DaJoGen MMA school under Dave Hagen and Team Chaos fight team under Denver Mangiyatan and Chris Toquero, ran out of Zanshin Martial Arts in Salem Oregon: http://www.zanshinarts.org/Home.aspx,

#226028 - 01/28/06 06:53 PM Re: "Krav Maga" by David Kahn [Re: Stormdragon]
Plantman Offline

Loc: Maimi
No matter how good a book may be, and I liked his book a lot, it cannot replace or duplicate the interaction between 2 people in a room, trying out different techniques/scenarios on one another.

#226029 - 01/28/06 07:46 PM Re: "Krav Maga" by David Kahn [Re: Stormdragon]
umsangil Offline

The book is a good comprehensive overview of Krav. My favorite quote from that book: "If you can breathe, you can fight. Never accept defeat." I agree with Plantman, if you are really interested in Krav go find a qualified instructor. I think you will be pleasantly surprised how well Krav complements your current martial training. I was so impressed that I stopped taking other styles. Good luck!

#226030 - 01/28/06 09:17 PM Re: "Krav Maga" by David Kahn [Re: umsangil]
Stormdragon Offline
Who Dares Wins
Professional Poster

Again, i have no way of getting formal training in Krav, so I make do with what I got.

#226031 - 02/24/06 01:51 PM Re: "Krav Maga" by David Kahn [Re: Stormdragon]
Glockmeister Offline

Loc: Lancaster, Pa
I just picked this book up yesterday. Its not bad. Some good defenses but others seem slightly different then the way I was trained. The choke from the fron for example looks alot more like haganah in the book than traditional krav.

#226032 - 02/24/06 03:19 PM Re: "Krav Maga" by David Kahn [Re: Glockmeister]
Stormdragon Offline
Who Dares Wins
Professional Poster

Quote:

I just picked this book up yesterday. Its not bad. Some good defenses but others seem slightly different then the way I was trained. The choke from the fron for example looks alot more like haganah in the book than traditional krav.

How is it different exactly, from traditional krav, and how were you taught?

#226033 - 12/31/06 11:18 PM Re: "Krav Maga" by David Kahn [Re: Stormdragon]
Gman290 Offline

Loc: Pattata, Thailand
Its a good KM book... covers the unarmed stuff real good.

The material in the book is the yellow belt and some of orange belt under IKMA.

I trained with Dave in Israel...he is really skilled!

#226034 - 01/03/07 10:35 AM Re: "Krav Maga" by David Kahn [Re: Stormdragon]
Glockmeister Offline

Loc: Lancaster, Pa
I know I may sound like the oddball here. Especially having studied both KM and Haganah, But I was disappointed with the book now that I have finished it. I think the illustrations were poorly done, would have been better if there were photos or if not at least be more clear and detailed I also got the impression the book was hastily written. There was at least in my opinion not very good and details explanations of each technique and also I didn't think it was very "in depth" and would leave a lot of people wanting.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Cord, Dedicated1, JasonM, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Ryukyu Art
Artifacts from the Ryukyu Kingdom missing since WWII. Visit www.ShisaLion.Org to view pictures

Best Stun Guns
Self Defense Products-stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and more

Surveillance 4U
Complete surveillance systems for covert operations or secure installation security

Asylum Images
Book presents photo tour of the Trans-Allegany Lunatic Asylum. A must if you're going to take a ghost tour!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga