FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 41 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
old1, Leonar, ManLar, Vimido, raya
22925 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
futsaowingchun 4
Ronin1966 3
AndyLA 1
GojuRyuboy13 1
Matakiant 1
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
New Topics
The Classic Pak Sao drill
by futsaowingchun
Today at 10:32 AM
wing chun kicks and knees
by futsaowingchun
10/09/14 12:55 AM
2014 European Championships Juniors: the Gallery
by ergees
10/05/14 10:56 AM
Tan,Bong,Fuk & Wu Sao
by futsaowingchun
09/30/14 12:10 AM
Living a full life violence free...
by GojuRyuboy13
09/25/14 08:50 AM
Wing Chun-internal training
by futsaowingchun
09/23/14 09:01 PM
Martial News
by Matakiant
09/23/14 06:42 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Leo's Judo Journal
by Leo_E_49
01/24/12 02:58 AM
Recent Posts
The Classic Pak Sao drill
by futsaowingchun
Today at 10:32 AM
Leo's Judo Journal
by swordy
10/11/14 09:21 AM
Living a full life violence free...
by cxt
10/10/14 10:08 AM
The Karate punch
by Ronin1966
10/09/14 03:16 PM
wing chun kicks and knees
by futsaowingchun
10/09/14 12:55 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Ronin1966
10/08/14 09:22 PM
2014 European Championships Juniors: the Gallery
by ergees
10/05/14 10:56 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by AndyLA
10/04/14 10:20 AM
Tan,Bong,Fuk & Wu Sao
by futsaowingchun
09/30/14 12:10 AM
Wing Chun-internal training
by futsaowingchun
09/23/14 09:01 PM
Forum Stats
22925 Members
36 Forums
35582 Topics
432509 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#223334 - 01/19/06 10:56 AM Re: What would you guys say? [Re: h2whoa]
Sushi Offline

Loc: Germany
Quote:

it is not up to us to go about trying to convince people we know the true and only path!
*bows respectfully*

to be very honest:
I do not want Taekwondo to be presented by little kiddies wearing black-belt at the age of 10 , after practising two years!! This is ridiculous!!
I am training hard - up to 15 hours a week for four years now and before it was 8 years of 4 to 8 hours a week!!- an I am a second degree BB - after 11 1/2 years !!
it just upsets me that BBs are produced for money and the quality is zero.
After two years you are still a beginner, nothing more , not an advanced taekwondoin at all. - just a beginner, and not worth wearing a black belt at all!!! - That is it. And according to WTF the minimum age for BBs is 16 years of age, that is why I am so p... off!

#223335 - 01/19/06 06:51 PM Re: What would you guys say? [Re: Sushi]
onb Offline

Loc: Canada
Sushi,

I totally agree, I've been training pretty hard for about 2.5 years now and I feel far from being a black belt (in fact I am far from it) If someone asked to wrap a BB around my waist, I would politely decline and then run for the exit. I only want mine once I've earned it.

I may not be as militantly against junior BBs as some on this forum (I'm still making up my mind on them) I do agree that the really young have no place being BBs other than to cheapen the achievements of BBs in martial arts as a whole... but as I said, I'm still making up my mind. Maybe I'll meet a junior BB that will impress the pants of me

#223336 - 01/20/06 02:05 AM Re: What would you guys say? [Re: onb]
mean_fighter Offline

I got home from TKD class today and within ten minuetes I recieved a call from the dojo that my little brothers friends and parents wish to attend. They were very angry with me they kept swithing back and forth on the phone and soon I was speeking to two head instructors at once saying,"You have no right to call us a mcdojo, what ever that is now you are trying to steal our students and telling them that what we teach is no good (they also used the F word more then once). They are wnting me and my head instructor to come in and show them how we do things. I feel that I may have accidentally got into some legal issues aswell. What should I do?!

#223337 - 01/20/06 01:34 PM Re: What would you guys say? [Re: mean_fighter]
VDJ Offline
Veteran

Quote:

I got home from TKD class today and within ten minuetes I recieved a call from the dojo that my little brothers friends and parents wish to attend. They were very angry with me they kept swithing back and forth on the phone and soon I was speeking to two head instructors at once saying,"You have no right to call us a mcdojo, what ever that is now you are trying to steal our students and telling them that what we teach is no good (they also used the F word more then once). They are wnting me and my head instructor to come in and show them how we do things. I feel that I may have accidentally got into some legal issues aswell. What should I do?!

Don't do anything ! They are trying to intimidate you. Why are they calling you and not your instructor ? If they are not a "McDojo" why would they care how you do things ? Just ignore them. If there was a legal issue to be dealt with then they would be forced to have to prove that they are truly certified from a recognized org (ITF,WTF, GTF etc. etc.). If they call your home again give the phone to your parents. If they want to talk to your instructor, tell them they should call him (you should make your instructor aware of the situation as so he's not blindsided with a call IF it comes). Don't worry about being accused of trying to steal their students, it's probably how they got most of theirs. Oh one more thing, maybe you should have your parents inform your brothers friends parents that these so called "Professional" instructors called you and proceeded to cuss you out for voicing your opinion and exposing them. Do they want their kids influenced by such people ? Don't hide this from them,let them know.

VDJ

P.S. If they threaten you, it is THEY who will be on the brink of breaking the law !

#223338 - 01/22/06 05:32 PM Re: What would you guys say? [Re: mean_fighter]
TeK9 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Northern California, USA
Very important to follow what VDJ suggests. Remember you are not in the wrongm you were not trying to steal thier students. These people who you were advising where your brother and his friends. There is no harm in what you did. And remember as far as gong to thier school and gaining some information about how thewy run the place, well that is not against the law. Any How to: martial art book clearly states that this is the best way to choose an MA school. You were just doing your homework. There is nothing wrong with that. Make sure you contact your instructor and let him know whats up, as VDJ said, next tome they call hand the phone over to your parents, inform your brothers friends parents about these calls.
Vinci

#223339 - 01/22/06 07:04 PM Re: What would you guys say? [Re: VDJ]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Loc: York PA. USA
Quote by VDJ -

Quote:

Don't do anything ! They are trying to intimidate you. Why are they calling you and not your instructor ? If they are not a "McDojo" why would they care how you do things ? Just ignore them. If there was a legal issue to be dealt with then they would be forced to have to prove that they are truly certified from a recognized org (ITF,WTF, GTF etc. etc.). If they call your home again give the phone to your parents. If they want to talk to your instructor, tell them they should call him (you should make your instructor aware of the situation as so he's not blindsided with a call IF it comes). Don't worry about being accused of trying to steal their students, it's probably how they got most of theirs. Oh one more thing, maybe you should have your parents inform your brothers friends parents that these so called "Professional" instructors called you and proceeded to cuss you out for voicing your opinion and exposing them. Do they want their kids influenced by such people ? Don't hide this from them,let them know.

I agree totally with VDJ. I was pretty sure this place was a McDojo from the original description. Now I am certain.

#223340 - 01/23/06 02:14 AM Re: What would you guys say? [Re: mean_fighter]
bacho Offline
Stranger

I can do better than that. I can give anyone a black belt in 24 hours for $40: $6 for belt, $25 for overnite shipping and $9 for a piece of paper saying that you are a black belt.
Wake up! Any serious student knows that it takes about three times longer than 1 1/2 years to get a true black belt. Let alone, just in one style.
Definately a McDonald school. Oh yeah, would you like fries with that belt?

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Ryukyu Art
Artifacts from the Ryukyu Kingdom missing since WWII. Visit www.ShisaLion.Org to view pictures

Best Stun Guns
Self Defense Products-stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and more

Surveillance 4U
Complete surveillance systems for covert operations or secure installation security

Asylum Images
Book presents photo tour of the Trans-Allegany Lunatic Asylum. A must if you're going to take a ghost tour!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga