FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 27 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TomRosenberg, jessylin, play, Keith_G, LeroyCFischer
22937 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
jwwmantis 2
Beefcake 1
LeroyCFischer 1
futsaowingchun 1
Zombie Zero 1
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
New Topics
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
12/17/14 09:40 PM
2015 Master Yang Jwing-Ming Seminar
by jwwmantis
12/05/14 10:36 PM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by
12/27/06 11:43 AM
Your true goal
by
03/03/06 07:16 AM
Recent Posts
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
12/17/14 09:40 PM
Your true goal
by Beefcake
12/11/14 02:44 AM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by LeroyCFischer
12/04/14 02:07 AM
Forum Stats
22937 Members
36 Forums
35591 Topics
432526 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#223324 - 01/18/06 10:06 AM Re: What would you guys say? [Re: mean_fighter]
h2whoa Offline

Loc: Fiji
All you have spoken about is the uniform and the fact that he does XMA...but he has learnt four different arts....I study more than four...so If I opened a school would that mean it was a McDojang!

You are telling us that he is versed in four arts and that he does patterns in tournaments and can create his own.....tell me again how is this a McDojang?

*bows respectfully*

#223325 - 01/18/06 10:18 AM Re: What would you guys say? [Re: h2whoa]
mean_fighter Offline

Im sorry h2whoa I didnt meen to offend you
Well not only that but the guys who own the dojang isnt exactly there dojang. Its hard for me to word it exactly give me some time and Ill get back to you

ps. sorry Im only 17 and not that smart

#223326 - 01/18/06 10:22 AM Re: What would you guys say? [Re: h2whoa]
JCM Offline

Well for the most part it is your parents choice. I would say from my experience there is a 95 percent chance your parents are under contract with your present Master so that is a huge factor for most folks.

I also would suggest looking into the credentials of the other instructor and see if they check out.

#223327 - 01/18/06 11:46 AM Re: What would you guys say? [Re: h2whoa]
VDJ Offline
Veteran

Quote:

10 year olds are alot more mature then when we were young....but the parents seem to only want a day care center...basically the childen will see the truth in time and if the parents want to pay cash for some exercise for there kids then its cool...it is not up to us to go about trying to convince people we know the true and only path!

*bows respectfully*

No 10 year olds ARE NOT more mature than we were, they just THINK they are and adults telling them this doesn't help ! Life experience is life experience, period !A poor kid from the city might have more wisdom in regards to the street than does a kid in the safe surroundings of the suburbs, but the only thing some of these kids from the inner city have become is more dangerous, not more mature. I know this is a little off topic, but I see it daily and I do not believe that 10 year olds are more mature, just exposed to more mature material in which helps them make an even more irresponsible decision !

VDJ

#223328 - 01/18/06 11:52 AM Re: What would you guys say? [Re: TeK9]
VDJ Offline
Veteran

Quote:

How do you know their a mcdojang? What are you basing this on, the yearly fees? Have you seen the quality of thier program, have you checked the instructors credentials?

Maybe you are just being biased.

This is just something eles you can think about before you try convincing anyone of anything. Who knows by checking out the other school you might want to join it. Good luck!

Come on Tek, a black belt in a year and half ? With 4 different styles ? Lets be realistic shall we. They might be able to master some techniques in 6 months, but a whole art in 18, let alone 4 ? I smell Mickey D's and the real art that is being mastered is the art of "CHA CHING", the cash register opening !

VDJ

#223329 - 01/18/06 11:58 AM Re: What would you guys say? [Re: h2whoa]
VDJ Offline
Veteran

Quote:

All you have spoken about is the uniform and the fact that he does XMA...but he has learnt four different arts....I study more than four...so If I opened a school would that mean it was a McDojang!

You are telling us that he is versed in four arts and that he does patterns in tournaments and can create his own.....tell me again how is this a McDojang?

*bows respectfully*

No I don't think it makes you a McDojang if you are studying 4 different arts and exposing your students to certain aspects of them, but are highly proficient in one style. I will say that you would be running one if you are claiming that you have mastered them all and can get people to acheive BB in 18 months in all 4 arts.

VDJ

#223330 - 01/18/06 01:26 PM Re: What would you guys say? [Re: VDJ]
TeK9 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Northern California, USA
I'm just saying that the description we are getting is very vague. Did he say they are studying four different arts at the saem time? Or are these arts merged together to build a new system? I need more info in order to label a school a MCdojang.

H'e mention that they do tournaments, that doesn't mean they are a mcdojang, nor does wearing patches.

I need to know about monthly prices, yearly contracts, promotional fees, such as belts, stripes/tips, certificate fees, are there initial fees plus the monthly/yearly ones? Is there a last months fee, because soe schools do this.

Are there special programs? for instance Some traditional schools have a regular program then charge an additional season fee for special tournament classes, also if your student needs additional help they can recieve private lessons at a discount fee. Sometimes it cost extra to join a Little Dragons club or a Black Belt club. All these promotional ways of marketing.

Does this shaolin kenpo/TKD dojang have all those gimmicks above? If so they are a MCdojang.

Until you find out, then you cant label it that.

Wow did I miss any fee's? oh my god I got one more fee. A "late fee" if you fail to pay your monthly/yearly fee within a certain time they may charge additional "late fee"

Get back to us and let us know MeaN. And dont sell yourself short, I think asking this question was a good idea. I would be exactly like you, I wouldn't want my family to get ripped off.
Vinci

#223331 - 01/18/06 10:19 PM Re: What would you guys say? [Re: TeK9]
VDJ Offline
Veteran

Quote:

I'm just saying that the description we are getting is very vague. Did he say they are studying four different arts at the saem time? Or are these arts merged together to build a new system? I need more info in order to label a school a MCdojang.

H'e mention that they do tournaments, that doesn't mean they are a mcdojang, nor does wearing patches.

I need to know about monthly prices, yearly contracts, promotional fees, such as belts, stripes/tips, certificate fees, are there initial fees plus the monthly/yearly ones? Is there a last months fee, because soe schools do this.

Are there special programs? for instance Some traditional schools have a regular program then charge an additional season fee for special tournament classes, also if your student needs additional help they can recieve private lessons at a discount fee. Sometimes it cost extra to join a Little Dragons club or a Black Belt club. All these promotional ways of marketing.

Does this shaolin kenpo/TKD dojang have all those gimmicks above? If so they are a MCdojang.

Until you find out, then you cant label it that.

Wow did I miss any fee's? oh my god I got one more fee. A "late fee" if you fail to pay your monthly/yearly fee within a certain time they may charge additional "late fee"

Get back to us and let us know MeaN. And dont sell yourself short, I think asking this question was a good idea. I would be exactly like you, I wouldn't want my family to get ripped off.

You list all of that yet leave out the most impoprtant,

BLACK BELT ACHEIVED IN 18 MONTHS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here, maybe this term will set better with you BELT FACTORY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is more to a Mcdojang than fee's (although yes it factors in). Watering down the ranking system by pumping out black belts is a bigger concern to me than fee's.You can pay although fee's and still get good instruction. You can't good instruction by shortening your time in rank !

VDJ

#223332 - 01/18/06 10:51 PM Re: What would you guys say? [Re: VDJ]
mean_fighter Offline

Ok Im back with more information and more understanding. First off, yes Tek9 they are studying four martial arts at the same time. And the reason I still stand on the turm mcdojang is because the gentlemans name is on the top on school but is not there. Nor has he ever trained with head instructors there, A picture of the man doing a sidekick in my schools wall of fame says that he was local student there and is a four time world champion kickboxer, and is a millionare. He has twelve schools in the state of NY itself, and has three schools in every state along the east coast.

Another problem I have with this school is how the maine instructors learn the martial arst that they teach to there students. They claim that they are preparing to teach BJJ I ask who they are learning it from today, they replied that they hired some instructer to come in and give them some hardcore training for 8 weeks so that can, "master it" until now they are learning from video tapes.

That is why I do not want my brother training in that crappy place!

#223333 - 01/19/06 07:27 AM Re: What would you guys say? [Re: mean_fighter]
VDJ Offline
Veteran

Quote:

Ok Im back with more information and more understanding. First off, yes Tek9 they are studying four martial arts at the same time. And the reason I still stand on the turm mcdojang is because the gentlemans name is on the top on school but is not there. Nor has he ever trained with head instructors there, A picture of the man doing a sidekick in my schools wall of fame says that he was local student there and is a four time world champion kickboxer, and is a millionare. He has twelve schools in the state of NY itself, and has three schools in every state along the east coast.

Another problem I have with this school is how the maine instructors learn the martial arst that they teach to there students. They claim that they are preparing to teach BJJ I ask who they are learning it from today, they replied that they hired some instructer to come in and give them some hardcore training for 8 weeks so that can, "master it" until now they are learning from video tapes.

That is why I do not want my brother training in that crappy place!

O.K.,

What more can be said. 8 weeks of hard training and video's LOL ! BJJ is one of the hardest arts to get a black belt in, over 10 years. Mean fighter please expose these frauds to who they are to the parents. Tell them to PLEASE do research on the arts that these so called experts claim to be in as so they can see that they are just after their money, AND talk to your parents about your little brither so you can save them their money as well. Good Luck !

VDJ

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Stun Guns
Variety of stun gun devices for your protection

Buy Pepper Spray
Worry about your family when you’re not around? Visit us today to protect everything you value.

Koryu.com
Accurate information on the ancient martial traditions of the Japanese samurai

C2 Taser
Protect yourself and loved ones from CRIME with the latest C2 Taser citizen model. Very effective.

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga