FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 28 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bartfast, ZapEm, AndyLA, danacohenn, ksusanc
22906 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Dobbersky 9
AndyLA 5
futsaowingchun 4
cxt 2
ergees 2
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
New Topics
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
08/20/14 09:54 PM
2013 World Championship Rio: The Gallery (HD)
by ergees
08/19/14 05:22 AM
Chi Sao demonstration
by futsaowingchun
08/14/14 10:57 PM
Decent Fight channel
by FrankyFruits
08/07/14 09:19 PM
2014 European Championships Cadets Athens: Videos
by ergees
08/07/14 10:00 AM
Life goes on....
by Dobbersky
08/07/14 05:59 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
Applied center line theory
by futsaowingchun
07/28/14 08:55 AM
centerline concepts
by futsaowingchun
07/14/14 10:49 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:14 AM
Recent Posts
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
08/20/14 09:54 PM
2013 World Championship Rio: The Gallery (HD)
by ergees
08/19/14 05:22 AM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by VDJ
08/15/14 05:46 PM
Chi Sao demonstration
by futsaowingchun
08/14/14 10:57 PM
The Karate punch
by Dobbersky
08/12/14 05:14 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by Dobbersky
08/11/14 05:03 AM
Decent Fight channel
by FrankyFruits
08/07/14 09:19 PM
2014 European Championships Cadets Athens: Videos
by ergees
08/07/14 10:00 AM
Life goes on....
by Dobbersky
08/07/14 05:59 AM
A post for those who might become martial artists.
by AndyLA
08/06/14 07:25 AM
Forum Stats
22906 Members
36 Forums
35571 Topics
432473 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 30 of 32 < 1 2 ... 28 29 30 31 32 >
Topic Options
#222138 - 02/27/06 11:56 AM Re: EAST COAST GET TOGETHER PART II [Re: schanne]
RangerG Offline
Former Moderator

Loc: Chester County, Pennsylvania
Quote:

dude we're newbies with this... what you see is what you get.

here's one of RangerG and Gojuwarrior's Bro.... ranger looks like his head is gonna pop like a pimple

http://www.sendover.com/LEM2-TJ-HAYN

Leme tell ya..GW's bro is one tough dude even considering his age..easy to see the skill sets run in the family here. He had me two outa three if I remember right..they guy loves to roll..no doubt about it. One time I just plain ran outa steam...hey..I'm older than JohnL I enjoyed training with him! Edited to add: I want a rematch too..he better show up next time..

Edited by RangerG (02/27/06 12:02 PM)

#222139 - 02/27/06 12:01 PM Re: EAST COAST GET TOGETHER PART II [Re: JohnL]
RangerG Offline
Former Moderator

Quote:

Gojuwarrior;
I wouldn't have had to hog the time if the simple instruction to move one foot and then the other hadn't caused you to fall flat on your a$$ every time you tried to do it.

Hey..GW was not the only one...I had to learn a whole new method..going from the bouncy boxing style to the method you were teaching...took me a while to relax too.

#222140 - 02/27/06 01:59 PM Re: EAST COAST GET TOGETHER PART II [Re: JohnL]
Ed_Morris Offline
Professional Poster

Quote:

Quote:

What did JohnL show you guys?

Standard shotokan stuff.

Linear, rigid, stiff, punching kicking and blocking.

lol...good one. do I have permission to use the pic of Matt and John in the next edition of Nth? or should I use it against both of your will, and you can get me back when we meet...?

#222141 - 02/27/06 05:21 PM Re: EAST COAST GET TOGETHER PART II [Re: MattJ]
Raul Perez Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Lake Ronkonkoma, NY, USA
Quote:

*Raul Perez - very knowledgeable, and not above getting dirty to prove it.

Oh that is just MattJ's way of saying I'm a dirty hispanic!

Here's my rendition:

JohnL - As always a great orator and has many techniques similiar to my own as far as bunkai. His exercise of eliminating the sight so your opponent can't "lie" to you visually was a lot of fun and I have a feeling that some will use that in their next class. As always JohnL uses his "Im old excuse" and expects the younglings to take it easy on him.... and then he forcefully punches someone in the jaw and elbows others in the molar notch. Yeah He's a real class act!!!

MattJ - Didnt do too much with Matt besides rolling one match. To his defense He did catch me off balance and reversed my mount into a guard. AND he even broke my guard TWICE. But I somehow was able to catch a cross collar choke that sunk over his mouth and took the arm he gave me when he tried to get out of it. The match could have gone either way though.
I was looking forward to seeing some AKK and Wing Chun but JohnL stole the spot light too long which left no time for Matt or myself to demonstrate our styles(NEXT TIME MATTJ!)

RangerG - As always an intense figure and as forceful as they come with regards to gun and knife fighting. He showed some excellent knife and gun disarms on me to the group which left my arm, hand and soul hurting
It's funny. He acts like such a gentle soul until the weapons come out! Then he gets this look in his eye and fire and brimstone falls from the ceiling, The sun became black, and locusts started to pour in from the windows! I'm convinced the only way to defeat him is with a young priest and an old priest... The Power of Christ Compells YOU!!!

GojuWarrior1 - What can I say about him that hasnt been already said. Well for one, we share the same hair cut Great guy to meet and train with. Schanne had us practice a "fireman's" throw which I just couldn't do. GojuW hit like 3 nice ones on me in a row! My back hit flat, the air thrusted out of my lungs at the speed of sound... and all I could say was... "Nice do it again". Maybe I'm a borderline massachist?!
GojuW's brother was also a good sport! Did a ground drill with him and gave him a tip on how to adjust his positioning to counter an opponent from getting up from being side mounted. He picked it up instantly and was doing it better than I could

JohnP - One of JohnL's students/classmates... Always nice to work with him and hang with him. A very modest person but has strong potential to be a very accomplished Martial Artist. We did a few drills with our eyes closed together and we rolled near the end of class. I caught mount and arm barred him but it was a struggle the whole time... HE's TOUGH for a purple belt!

Terry - One of JohnL's friend/classmate - quite possibly the happiest person on the planet. Always smiling and always happy to meet and train with everyone there. He actually trained in Ryukyu Kempo for a bit so we exchanged ideas, Oyata stories, and I showed him some of the Bo Kata during the 10 min intermission. I was about to roll with him but time ran out when we were about to roll... it actually went like this.. "OK you ready?!" "Times UP Fellas!!"
During our dinner which me, JohnL, Schanne, Terry, JohnP, and Schanne's wife Cathy attended.... Terry had told us that he acts on the side and was actually in a B rated MA Movie! I forget the name of it though but it is actually in Hollywood video according to him. I'm all about renting it as soon as I can remember the name... JohnL a little help here!

The Korean Girl - Schanne's classmate that showed up for about 1 1/2 hours. Really nice girl and technically sound. According to Schanne her brother is the head body guard to the South Korean President! Not to mention that her family lives and breathes Traditional TKD as there are about 27 black belts in the family!
I worked with her on JohnL's Bassai Sho bunkai. Gave her a little advice here and there and then BAM I'm on my back! She soaked up everything I was saying like a sponge. Her husband was there observing. Came a point where I swept her in the bunkai and she fell into my arms.... looked up at her husband at the same time that happened and I got the ICY STARE! I can't help it if I'm a Sexy B!tch LOL

Last but never least... Schanne - First of all Schanne saved me from terrible directions from Map Quest. I met him at his house and him and his family were super duper nice and offered me a room for the night since I wasn't leaving that day due to a 3 1/2 hour drive home.
He demonstrated a lot of self defense techniques, joint locks, and ground fighting applications. He's nimble for a big guy!
After the get together and dinner we went back to his house and kept drinking and posting pictures. His son and daughter are awesome and so polite!
His wife (Cathy) is such a sweethart and cooked us the best homefries I've ever tasted in my life! Dude... give me the recipe!!!
After our hung over stooper we ventured out into his huge back yard and swapped Bo katas. He found out how endless the Oyata Bo Kata is! He then showed me the Yamaguchi Bo Kata. Although it is not as long the hand changes and manipulations are awesome! I then showed him Kuniyoshi No Sai Kata and we went over it for about 30 minutes.

I bid my farewell at noon and headed back to the big NY. Schanne... all I can say is this bro:

My best,

Raul

PS

RangerG and GojuWarrior1 - whats the dilly on your pictures?! Upload them and post em already!

#222142 - 02/27/06 05:34 PM Re: EAST COAST GET TOGETHER PART II [Re: Raul Perez]
RangerG Offline
Former Moderator

#222143 - 02/27/06 06:58 PM Re: EAST COAST GET TOGETHER PART II [Re: JohnL]
gojuwarrior1 Offline
tougher than you

Loc: East Coast, USA
JohnL, you da man! i wasn't whining, i loved it all baby!uh-oh, Sorry cant talk, still getting attacked by the wife!
Raul,
I DONT KNOW HOW TO DO PICTURES!!!!!! I SUCK AT THE COMPUTER. My wife might show me later after we work out ( if she don't kill me first!)

#222144 - 02/27/06 07:10 PM Re: EAST COAST GET TOGETHER PART II [Re: Raul Perez]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Loc: York PA. USA
Quote by Raul Perez -

Quote:

JohnP - One of JohnL's students/classmates... Always nice to work with him and hang with him. A very modest person but has strong potential to be a very accomplished Martial Artist. We did a few drills with our eyes closed together and we rolled near the end of class. I caught mount and arm barred him but it was a struggle the whole time... HE's TOUGH for a purple belt!

Yeah, I agree with Raul. I did some top control drills with him, and the first one he rolled me off in like 15 seconds. Second one I was much more attentive, and managed to (barely) keep it. Tough dude, and real nice guy.

Quote:

Terry - One of JohnL's friend/classmate - quite possibly the happiest person on the planet. Always smiling and always happy to meet and train with everyone there. He actually trained in Ryukyu Kempo for a bit so we exchanged ideas, Oyata stories, and I showed him some of the Bo Kata during the 10 min intermission. I was about to roll with him but time ran out when we were about to roll... it actually went like this.. "OK you ready?!" "Times UP Fellas!!"
During our dinner which me, JohnL, Schanne, Terry, JohnP, and Schanne's wife Cathy attended.... Terry had told us that he acts on the side and was actually in a B rated MA Movie! I forget the name of it though but it is actually in Hollywood video according to him. I'm all about renting it as soon as I can remember the name... JohnL a little help here!

I got to work with Terry a bit. SUPER nice guy, like Raul said, with a perpetual friendly smile on his face. Very fast hands and clean technique from what I saw. The founder of his style was good friends with Ed Parker, so our styles have some similarities. Really great guy.

#222145 - 02/28/06 02:08 PM Re: EAST COAST GET TOGETHER PART II [Re: Raul Perez]
schanne Offline
breaks things

Loc: Woodbury NJ
It is amazing how fast four hours passes when your having a great time. I want to thank everyone for making the event fun, interesting and educational. The time we spent together was long enough for me to know that each one of you are true Martial Artists, I'm proud to know each of you and consider your friendship important. Personally, I had a great time, the pictures tell a thousand words.

The feeling from the rest of the guys is we would like to get together again in the summer.... soooooo I would enjoy hosting an "East Coast Get Together 3" at the "Schanne Shack". Hopefully Raul, JohnL, Matt & GojuW can help me organize the event. This time it will be an outside all day training event (SHUGYO). The guys can vauch that there is plenty of room to train and play. We will supply lunch & diner ( Raul, Cathy will cook her famous potatoes just for you ) and a pool party that evening. Everyone is welcome, which I now know means if 25 people say there coming, twelve show up. We will keep you posted as the summer gets closer.

To all that came to the event...

Edited by schanne (02/28/06 02:16 PM)

#222146 - 02/28/06 02:13 PM Re: EAST COAST GET TOGETHER PART II [Re: schanne]
schanne Offline
breaks things

Loc: Woodbury NJ
Oppps, just wanted to give my little guy Stephen a thumbs up for hanging with the big guys for two hours too. That JohnL is a scarry guy.....just kidding my friend, thank you for making him feel wanted.

Edited by schanne (02/28/06 02:15 PM)

#222147 - 02/28/06 03:13 PM Re: EAST COAST GET TOGETHER PART II [Re: schanne]
gojuwarrior1 Offline
tougher than you

Loc: East Coast, USA
Schanne you are a great guy too. All of you are now considered my friends. I would LOVE to join and help you organize a shugyo training day in the summer. Let me know when you want to start planning, Oss.

Page 30 of 32 < 1 2 ... 28 29 30 31 32 >

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Stun Guns
Variety of stun gun devices for your protection

Buy Pepper Spray
Worry about your family when you’re not around? Visit us today to protect everything you value.

Koryu.com
Accurate information on the ancient martial traditions of the Japanese samurai

C2 Taser
Protect yourself and loved ones from CRIME with the latest C2 Taser citizen model. Very effective.

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga