FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 17 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
mohdnabeel, sunny, swordy, jerrybarry24, SenseiGregT
22915 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Ed_Morris 4
AndyLA 3
futsaowingchun 3
Zombie Zero 2
Matakiant 2
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
New Topics
STX Kickboxing Seminar
by Marcus Charles
09/09/14 06:57 PM
Biu Tzu- 1st section applications
by futsaowingchun
09/05/14 10:56 PM
2014 World Championships Chelyabinsk: The Gallery
by ergees
09/01/14 03:51 AM
Biu Tzu- Snake hand strike
by futsaowingchun
08/27/14 09:02 PM
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
08/20/14 09:54 PM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
mindfullness meditation
by
01/06/09 11:27 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by
05/13/07 08:02 AM
Recent Posts
attacked from behind
by AndyLA
Today at 09:05 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Matakiant
Yesterday at 07:11 AM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
Yesterday at 06:07 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by Zombie Zero
09/16/14 04:43 PM
Eugue Ryu
by kolslaw
09/12/14 03:35 PM
Biu Tzu- 1st section applications
by futsaowingchun
09/05/14 10:56 PM
2014 World Championships Chelyabinsk: The Gallery
by ergees
09/01/14 03:51 AM
mindfullness meditation
by log1call
08/31/14 09:43 PM
Biu Tzu- Snake hand strike
by futsaowingchun
08/27/14 09:02 PM
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
08/20/14 09:54 PM
Forum Stats
22915 Members
36 Forums
35575 Topics
432495 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#221556 - 02/07/06 11:22 AM Re: Pressure Points 'R Us! [Re: Dustindapirate]
Gavin Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Southend, Essex, UK
The only time I've seen MUE points is in Dillmans 2nd book....I think! I would have a look but someone still has my copy (Shoshinkan....couldn't bring it along on Sunday could ya mate?). So far all I can find out about is these MUE points are recently discovered acupoints, so that won't be on any of the classical charts that I have. I studying Zen shiatsu which includes "Extented" meridians, but unfortunately I don't cover them until next year, so I don't know if the answer would lie there. Sorry mate....someone else might be able to help.

Gav

#221557 - 02/07/06 11:36 AM Re: Pressure Points 'R Us! [Re: Gavin]
shoshinkan Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: UK
Quote:

The only time I've seen MUE points is in Dillmans 2nd book....I think! I would have a look but someone still has my copy (Shoshinkan....couldn't bring it along on Sunday could ya mate?). So far all I can find out about is these MUE points are recently discovered acupoints, so that won't be on any of the classical charts that I have. I studying Zen shiatsu which includes "Extented" meridians, but unfortunately I don't cover them until next year, so I don't know if the answer would lie there. Sorry mate....someone else might be able to help.

Gav

Didnt lend it to me govnor honest...............will do

www.shoshinkanuk.blogspot.com

#221558 - 02/09/06 02:15 PM Re: Pressure Points 'R Us! [Re: Paulol]
matxtx Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: england
cheers paulol.
opened my mind a bit more their.
im a 1st DAN.
iv been exposed to this kind of stuff by my instructor and a fellow long serving student.though only now and then....what with doing lots of other stuff in the curriculum.
the realistic use of patterns is what im into at the min.though im a beginner and its just ideas in my head at the min..lol.

#221559 - 02/10/06 01:33 PM Re: Pressure Points 'R Us! [Re: matxtx]
Paulol Offline

great to see it man!!

i have a buddy in Exeter that is also very into the Chang Hon applications!!

He runs the Practical Martial Arts website!!

http://practical-martial-arts.co.uk/

#221560 - 07/30/08 06:37 PM Re: Pressure Points 'R Us! [Re: Gavin]
xAndyx Offline
Stranger

Dear PP 'R Us,
This is my first post and I signed up to the site because of your pressure point posts Gavin ^^ . Anyway, here's a combination for you to make nastier: Jab, Cross, Uppercut, Cross, Hook, Cross, Rear Knee.
Thanks,
Andy

#221561 - 08/05/08 04:33 AM Re: Pressure Points 'R Us! [Re: xAndyx]
Gavin Offline
Professional Poster

Hi Andy,

Fraid you missed the boat with me on this one, I haven't done PP's for quite a while. There are a number of my old PP of the week posts on the forum or listed amongst some of old articles on my Dad's Kempo site here (my PP stuff is at the top of the page):

http://www.gosokempo.com/articles.htm

Just some food for thought though, always think multi-dimensionally with all your attacks. One great thing I did get from my PP studies was a better understanding of how to attack the body, getting a better bang for your buck. So you listed the jab in your post. A lot of people actually pay very little attention to where they are landing the jab (or actually how they are throwing it). If you ask them where they are striking to most will say something like, "To the head!" or the really savvy ones might say "To the nose or to the chin". I could spend an entire day just on where and how a jab *could* land. Clipping down on the jaw, hitting along the jawline, the body (and a lead hand shot to the body can devastating despite what many will tell you) and also playing with the angle to access even more targets.

You'll also find that how you set the shot up will determine the outcome. Hitting someone mid-step will yield better results than when they are firmly rooted. Catching them flat footed also cool. As does attacking offline.

Most people take a very static approach to their training, especially many PP practitioners IMO, their training is very dead and lifeless. Your training needs to be alive and animated and most of the targets I hit instinctively now I can only do so because of my timing, distance and structure. In truth with those things in place it does really matter where you hit someone or what with, catch them right, at the right time and they are not going to be happy.

Hope that makes up for a lack of PP!

Gav

#221562 - 08/06/08 08:21 AM Re: Pressure Points 'R Us! [Re: Gavin]
xAndyx Offline
Stranger

Ok, thanks anyway Gavin, that helped! Thanks for the link too.

#221563 - 08/06/08 01:49 PM fighting and pressure points in boxing [Re: Gavin]
janxspirit Offline

Quote:

Hi and welcome to Fighting Arts new one-stop shop for all your PP needs.......PRESSURE POINTS 'R US!

Bring us your old tired techniques and combinations and we'll send you home with spruced up PP filled brand spanking new ones! Yes folks, here at PP 'R Us we guarantee to upgrade anything*** you bring to us and add that little bit of nastiness that only PP 'R Us can give you!

How do you make use of this fantastic new service I hear you ask???? Simple post up a description of a combination of techniques from your syllabus or an application from a Kata or form, telling us a little bit about where you're striking and we'll do the rest! Then all you have to do is try out your brand spanking new PP filled techniques! Easy or what?

So don't delay....shop at PP 'R Us today!

NOW HIRING!

Always wanted a career in the high flying world of Online PP consultancy? Now's your chance! If you have a vague clue what your talking about and can help out with any points chip in! The pays awful, but you'll get a nice fuzzy feeling inside knowing that you're helping our customers inflict pain on their training partners!

***Terms and Conditions:

1) We reserve the right to tell you that your techniques are silly!

2) We guarantee a same year response!

3) Our training is strictly based in reality and we have no experience of using PP's with triple 360 degree jumping kicks. We reserve the right to excercise clause 1 at anytime!

4) All inquiries *MUST* start with the words "Dear PP 'R Us!

Yours Faithfully,

GAVIN KING
CEO and Founder of PP 'R Us!

PS. Seriously guys, tell us what you do and we'll see if we can find a few PP's for you to play with whilst doing the normal stuff you do when training!

Best pressure point in the world - the point of the chin.

#221564 - 08/06/08 06:14 PM Re: fighting and pressure points in boxing [Re: janxspirit]
Gavin Offline
Professional Poster

Wow...thanks for that!

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Stun Guns
Variety of stun gun devices for your protection

Buy Pepper Spray
Worry about your family when you’re not around? Visit us today to protect everything you value.

Koryu.com
Accurate information on the ancient martial traditions of the Japanese samurai

C2 Taser
Protect yourself and loved ones from CRIME with the latest C2 Taser citizen model. Very effective.

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga