FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 28 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
sunny, swordy, jerrybarry24, SenseiGregT, sagat
22914 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Ed_Morris 4
futsaowingchun 3
AndyLA 2
ergees 2
kolslaw 1
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
New Topics
STX Kickboxing Seminar
by Marcus Charles
09/09/14 06:57 PM
Biu Tzu- 1st section applications
by futsaowingchun
09/05/14 10:56 PM
2014 World Championships Chelyabinsk: The Gallery
by ergees
09/01/14 03:51 AM
Biu Tzu- Snake hand strike
by futsaowingchun
08/27/14 09:02 PM
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
08/20/14 09:54 PM
2013 World Championship Rio: The Gallery (HD)
by ergees
08/19/14 05:22 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
mindfullness meditation
by
01/06/09 11:27 AM
Recent Posts
Eugue Ryu
by kolslaw
09/12/14 03:35 PM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by AndyLA
09/09/14 05:55 PM
attacked from behind
by AndyLA
09/07/14 07:01 PM
Biu Tzu- 1st section applications
by futsaowingchun
09/05/14 10:56 PM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
09/02/14 06:26 PM
2014 World Championships Chelyabinsk: The Gallery
by ergees
09/01/14 03:51 AM
mindfullness meditation
by log1call
08/31/14 09:43 PM
Biu Tzu- Snake hand strike
by futsaowingchun
08/27/14 09:02 PM
The Karate punch
by Ed_Morris
08/26/14 09:27 PM
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
08/20/14 09:54 PM
Forum Stats
22914 Members
36 Forums
35575 Topics
432491 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#221526 - 01/13/06 04:44 AM Re: Pressure Points 'R Us! [Re: McSensei]
Gavin Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Southend, Essex, UK
McSensei - Just remember that anything Mr Stutely does to me, I promise will be returned unto you with interest next time you're down! Incidently you doing anything this Sunday? Me and James are filming some video's for our new website. Fancy coming down and letting me hurt you on film????

Joking aside guys, just in case the UK guys are unaware, Russell is now back in the UK. I couldn't recommend taking the opportunity to pop along and train with him more. You *WILL NOT* find anyone teaching a more practical approach to the PP's than Mr Stutely this side of the pond. I promise you! He's based out of Ashford in Kent, but is a bit a jet setter and works his way round the Country. Check out his website for details. There's a journal of the week I spent studying with him and his guys last year here on my site.

Gav

#221527 - 01/13/06 06:02 AM Re: Pressure Points 'R Us! [Re: Gavin]
BrianS Offline
Higher rank than you
Professional Poster

Loc: Northwest Arkansas
Dear PP 'R Us,

Here's one for you! The x-block,this has many applications,but how do pp's fit in?
As in sanseryu kata. The hands cross at the wrists then come upward together. Maybe a strike to the neck area,maybe a wristlock,etc...
hmmm...What do you think?
Thankyou sincerely,
non-paying customer,Brian

#221528 - 01/13/06 06:21 AM Re: Pressure Points 'R Us! [Re: JoelM]
Gavin Offline
Professional Poster

KempoDenz - Thanks for your input mate. Don't be a stranger!

Joel - I must admit the simultaneous nature of the technique I personally feel buggers up the intial strike to the arm slightly, which is why I went for the wrist latch. Coming off a right cross makes getting the angle attacking LI10 or LU5 with the left parrying/blocking/checking hand a bit tricky. I'd always prefer to use my right, you'll get an easier angle and power to the strike IMHO.

However something to consider. Do you practice the strike in a "traditional" manner? IE: bringing the attacking hand up to the opposite shoulder. This motion is seen all over the place in kata with "blocks" and strikes. This chambering motion within itself can be a strike attacking the points in the points in the forearm (see my post on LI10 . It gives a perfect angle to attack the point and sets the opponent up perfectly (as KempoDenz rightly said) for the neck shot.

The wrist latch and pull also fits in with the "traditional" chambering of the rear hand (hikite). Firstly it creates a hell of a lot more impact for the knife hand pulling the body onto the strike and grabing the Heart and Lung points of the wrist fires up a lovely "Fire melts Metal" reaction in the body! Even just the wrist latch and simultaneous knife will generate a lot of extra impact without even looking at the PP's. But the LI10 shot just as a lovely jolt that rocks your opponent and you can really bounce off the LI10 shot straight it the SI16 shot with the knife hand, whilst getting that two way action with the wrist latch! Good nite sweetheart!

Gav

#221529 - 01/13/06 09:49 AM Re: Pressure Points 'R Us! [Re: Gavin]
KenpoDenz Offline

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii/Currently on ...
Gavin,

Oh yeah, your absolutley right, the hikite works great to not only active the points to create a "fire burns metal" situation but it also opens up the Lung 5 or any other meridians in that arm. Good Stuff huh. There are a few variations to the technique that I described, includeing an attack to the Heart and Lung Points in the wrist with the attack to Lung 5, followed up with the shot to Stomach 9. You know how it is man, there are so many options. Good stuff Gavin. It's a breath of freash air to see people like your self taking the time to learn this incredible art. As far as for me, it's helped me termendously, opening up many more options and enabling me to teach my students different things rather then just random striking. We should share notes one day. Have a good day.

#221530 - 01/13/06 09:52 AM Re: Pressure Points 'R Us! [Re: KenpoDenz]
Gavin Offline
Professional Poster

Pleasure mate! Share notes here then we can turn more people over to the dark side!

#221531 - 01/13/06 10:47 AM Re: Pressure Points 'R Us! [Re: BrianS]
Gavin Offline
Professional Poster

Dear Brian,

Don't worry about not being a paying customer, thanks to our elite team of Dragon Ninja Chi Ball throwers we have obtain your credit card details! So you are in fact our highest paying customer thus far (GB20 K.O card is in the post). Also thanks for the trip to Jamacia....I'm sure it'll be great fun and a welcome break from the high flying world of PP consultancy!!!

Quote:

Dear PP 'R Us,

Here's one for you! The x-block,this has many applications,but how do pp's fit in?
As in sanseryu kata. The hands cross at the wrists then come upward together. Maybe a strike to the neck area,maybe a wristlock,etc...
hmmm...What do you think?
Thankyou sincerely,
non-paying customer,Brian

Oh this one should spark off a bit of discussion nice choice!

First off (I know you know this, but I'll clarify anyhows!) I've give two applications that this technique should not be used for. It is *NOT* a suitable way to block a front kick unless you want your arms to go snap and end up all floppy at the ends. Likewise, for the same reason, it is not a good way to block a staff (Bo or Jo), baseball bat, Katana or anything else harder than you arm bones. In fact its not a good way of blocking full stop....if your practicing as such...STOP its a very silly thing to do!

Unfortunately I'm not familiar with Sanseryu so I'm not too sure about the raising of the arms. However we can still have some with it! First off, if you concertrate on the return motion for a sec and you've got a lovely arm break...its a bit of a dojoy one, but fun neither the less. With a bit of tweaking you'll be able to turn it into something useful on the street, just shows a different method of breaking the arm.

Off a right reverse punch smash down into it with your right arm over your left. With your left radial bone try cutting into LI10. I can't for the life of me think what point to strike with the right hand (suggestions anyone) quite busy so I can't look it up at the mo either...but just smash somewhere just above the elbow and it'll hurt! That'll deaden the arm, now with your right hand reach behind just above the elbow around the Triple Wamer 11 area. Now basically pull your arms to your waist in a nice quick sharp action and the elbow should go pop. Remember its speed that break things not strength. A slightly nicer version, if you don't want to break the arm, is to use the index figner of your right index to slot in around to Small Intestine 8 is a release point for the elbow and allow to roll the arm round for a lock or something. SI8 is in the small fleshy notch just above the medial (side closet to the body) side of the elbow. You can find it on yourself, it will produce a sharp tingly pain when pressed properly...a bit like pins and needles.

Like I said, I'm a bit short of time. Anyone else wanna chip in, there's lots to play with. Think high low attacks, ribs and neck.....Spleen/Gall Bladder crossing and a nice shot to the face!!!! If no-one comes up with anything else I'll post something next week Brian!

Have fun,

PP 'R Us Crew

#221532 - 01/13/06 06:40 PM Re: Pressure Points 'R Us! [Re: Gavin]
McSensei Offline
Veteran

Loc: Kent, England
Gav,

Can't help with the pp applications, but I can show you Sanseru on Sunday.

Only if you promise not to axe me.

#221533 - 01/14/06 05:51 AM Re: Pressure Points 'R Us! [Re: McSensei]
Gavin Offline
Professional Poster

Hi mate,

Give me a bell if you're popping down!

Gav

PS. I promise not to axe you!

#221534 - 01/14/06 12:37 PM Re: Pressure Points 'R Us! [Re: Gavin]
jamesd Offline

Loc: Essex,England
Hi Everyone,

Here is another application for the X block and i'm sure it's even demonstrated on one of Dillmans video's, Attacker faces the defender standing square on, he is grabbing the Defender high up, for example maybe grabbing his lapels, shoulders or around his throat etc, by grabbing high the Attacker is leaving his abdominal area exposed, Defender does a double strike simultaneously hitting both SP14 points together, the strikes are delivered in and down at 45 degrees, I've experimented with this application and the results are really good but i must add the technique is only effective if the Attacker's arms are high leaving himself exposed, also you don't have to put it in very hard when practicing so take care, regards,

James.

#221535 - 01/15/06 05:35 AM Re: Pressure Points 'R Us! [Re: jamesd]
Paulol Offline

Quote:

Hi Everyone,

Here is another application for the X block and i'm sure it's even demonstrated on one of Dillmans video's, Attacker faces the defender standing square on, he is grabbing the Defender high up, for example maybe grabbing his lapels, shoulders or around his throat etc, by grabbing high the Attacker is leaving his abdominal area exposed, Defender does a double strike simultaneously hitting both SP14 points together, the strikes are delivered in and down at 45 degrees, I've experimented with this application and the results are really good but i must add the technique is only effective if the Attacker's arms are high leaving himself exposed, also you don't have to put it in very hard when practicing so take care, regards,

James.

James,

Thats really nice!!

BTW I would like to throw my hand into answering any ITF/Chang Hon TKD stylists pattern questions!!

I am a member of Prof. Rick Clarks Ao Denkou Jitsu. But I have trained in Chang Hon TKD up to 4th dan. I now also practice the Korean versions of Heian (Pyung Ahn) and Naihanchi (Chulgi).

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Fight Videos
Night club fight footage and street fights captured with the world's first bouncer spy cam

How to Matrix!
Learn ten times faster with new training method. Learn entire arts for as little as $10 per disk.

Self Defense
Stun guns, pepper spray, Mace and self defense products. Alarms for personal and home use.

TASER MC26C
Stop An Urban Gorilla: Get 2 FREE TASER M26C Replacement Air Cartridges With Each New TASER M26C!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga