FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Shanktotheright, royal, bobgalle100011, agenonline, TooNice
22862 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
THEFOREVERMAN 3
MattJ 2
royal 2
Dobbersky 2
UKfightfreak 1
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
New Topics
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by Marcus Charles
03/24/14 04:39 PM
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by Dobbersky
03/20/14 05:45 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
AKK kata question
by
09/04/05 01:27 PM
Recent Posts
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by THEFOREVERMAN
04/16/14 08:22 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by THEFOREVERMAN
04/16/14 08:20 AM
AKK kata question
by MattJ
04/04/14 05:45 PM
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Forum Stats
22862 Members
36 Forums
35546 Topics
432378 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#220364 - 01/08/06 02:34 PM Re: My diet... [Re: Ethanael]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Loc: Cambridge UK.
Well, its not my place to comment on your home situation, but follow my suggestions for breakfast and lunch. If you can cook bacon and eggs, making a bowl of cereal and a couple of sandwiches should be easy for you.
How long is lunch break? When I worked as an instructor I seldom got more than 15 minutes for refreshments, but that is plenty of time to eat a couple of nutritious sandwiches and an apple- no excuses.

Evening meals- if you are eating out a lot, most restaurants will be able to rustle up a steak, baked potatoe and veg/salad. Aim for that, or anything without cream sauces/dressings.

If eating at home, cook up some rice or pasta,add 1-2 skinless chicken breasts or 1-2 tins of tuna, some lightly cooked veg of choice, and a touch of balsamic vinegar and pepper to give it a bit of 'zing'. Easy to do, if you buy pre cooked chicken breasts or use tuna it takes about less than 15 minutes to prepare.

If your personal circumstances are as haphazard as you say, then a one a day multi vit and mineral tablet probably isnt a bad idea.

Good luck.

#220365 - 01/08/06 04:10 PM Re: My diet... [Re: Ethanael]
Intrepidinv1 Offline

Loc: NC, USA
It sound's like you are a very responsible young man. The fact that you even think about sound nutrition and take responsibility for your own well being tells me you have a lot going for you. It sounds like your mom and dad are very wrapped up in their own lives which seems to happen a lot these days. Your mom could use some books or CD's on thinking more positively. I do this myself, just to help me from staying negative or thinking negative. Joel Olsten has written a book called, "Your Best Life Now" it might be a gift your mom could benefit from if she would read it. The fact that you research and think about your health and well being gives me confidence that you are adjusting well to your life and taking care of yourself as well. You might ask your dad if he would like to get out and throw the football or take a walk or something, reach out to him since it seems he caught up in a whirlwind.

#220366 - 01/08/06 07:35 PM Re: My diet... [Re: Intrepidinv1]
Ethanael Offline

Quote:

It sound's like you are a very responsible young man. The fact that you even think about sound nutrition and take responsibility for your own well being tells me you have a lot going for you. It sounds like your mom and dad are very wrapped up in their own lives which seems to happen a lot these days. Your mom could use some books or CD's on thinking more positively. I do this myself, just to help me from staying negative or thinking negative. Joel Olsten has written a book called, "Your Best Life Now" it might be a gift your mom could benefit from if she would read it. The fact that you research and think about your health and well being gives me confidence that you are adjusting well to your life and taking care of yourself as well. You might ask your dad if he would like to get out and throw the football or take a walk or something, reach out to him since it seems he caught up in a whirlwind.

: )
We (being my dad and I) have tried to get my mother to seek counselling or psychiatric evaluation, but, alas...she refuses.
I don't have a problem with my dad, though. He's pretty cool. He has a tough job, and he is, quite understandably, exhausted when he gets home. He does support my martial arts training in a big way, though. : )

Quote:

Well, its not my place to comment on your home situation, but follow my suggestions for breakfast and lunch. If you can cook bacon and eggs, making a bowl of cereal and a couple of sandwiches should be easy for you.
How long is lunch break? When I worked as an instructor I seldom got more than 15 minutes for refreshments, but that is plenty of time to eat a couple of nutritious sandwiches and an apple- no excuses.

Evening meals- if you are eating out a lot, most restaurants will be able to rustle up a steak, baked potatoe and veg/salad. Aim for that, or anything without cream sauces/dressings.

If eating at home, cook up some rice or pasta,add 1-2 skinless chicken breasts or 1-2 tins of tuna, some lightly cooked veg of choice, and a touch of balsamic vinegar and pepper to give it a bit of 'zing'. Easy to do, if you buy pre cooked chicken breasts or use tuna it takes about less than 15 minutes to prepare.

If your personal circumstances are as haphazard as you say, then a one a day multi vit and mineral tablet probably isnt a bad idea.

Good luck.

That sounds good, thanks. : )
And if you're referring to One-a-Day, the brand name, I use Centrum.
Though, I try to eat more lamb and turkey than I do beef, as lamb and turkey have been proven to reduce cancerous reactions to carcinogens. : )

#220367 - 01/09/06 08:56 AM Re: My diet... [Re: Ethanael]
Chanters Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Manchester, UK
Quote:

For breakfast, I usually make eggs and bacon.

I'd recommend you only consume that once a week if that, assuming the egg is fried and eaten with the yolk.

I make my own museli which is like rocket fuel and really sets me up for the day. It consists of the following eaten with semi skimmed milk:

Porridge oats
Dried Apricots
Prunes
Sultanas
Sunflower seeds
Pumpkin seeds
Hazelnuts
Almonds
Walnuts
Dried cranberries
Dried blueberries

I sometimes include a blob of low fat natural yoghurt and a splash of fresh apple juice. It's delicious and nutritious!

You have to be careful with foods labelled as 'low-fat' as sometimes sugar is added to make up for the lack of fat and taste!

#220368 - 01/10/06 08:20 PM Re: My diet... [Re: Chanters]
Ethanael Offline

The eggs are scrambled; yes, they have the yolk.

And what you mentioned sounds really good...I should try it sometime.

: )

Thanks.
-Ethan

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Ryukyu Art
Artifacts from the Ryukyu Kingdom missing since WWII. Visit www.ShisaLion.Org to view pictures

Best Stun Guns
Self Defense Products-stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and more

Surveillance 4U
Complete surveillance systems for covert operations or secure installation security

Asylum Images
Book presents photo tour of the Trans-Allegany Lunatic Asylum. A must if you're going to take a ghost tour!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga