FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 44 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TomRosenberg, jessylin, play, Keith_G, LeroyCFischer
22937 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
jwwmantis 2
William_Bent 1
simonajones111 1
futsaowingchun 1
Zombie Zero 1
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
New Topics
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
Yesterday at 09:40 PM
2015 Master Yang Jwing-Ming Seminar
by jwwmantis
12/05/14 10:36 PM
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
I gained a lot of month in the last few months
by simonajones111
11/19/14 04:54 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by
12/27/06 11:43 AM
Your true goal
by
03/03/06 07:16 AM
Recent Posts
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
Yesterday at 09:40 PM
Your true goal
by Beefcake
12/11/14 02:44 AM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by LeroyCFischer
12/04/14 02:07 AM
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
I gained a lot of month in the last few months
by simonajones111
11/19/14 04:54 AM
Forum Stats
22937 Members
36 Forums
35591 Topics
432526 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#215605 - 12/18/05 09:46 PM wing chun clips
MAGr Offline
Veteran

Loc: London, home: Athens
I posted these in the general forum but I havent gotten much criticism for them, I thought it would be more applicable in this forum.
Please tell me what you think about them.:)

Note: appart from the full contact, the rest are demos to illustrate wing chun not the be all and end all of our school.

Edit: oops I did it again...
www.wingchunkungfu.net

Edited by MAGr (12/18/05 10:03 PM)

#215606 - 12/19/05 02:23 AM Re: wing chun clips [Re: MAGr]
its_only_a_name Offline

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, I love the last clip. That's awsum! Yeah I also like the Lok Sao drill to. All up I quite like all the clips. Good stuff.

#215607 - 12/19/05 11:35 AM Re: wing chun clips [Re: MAGr]
Leapordsknowbest Offline

Loc: Nashville,Tenneessee
Very good clips ,but none with weapons

#215608 - 12/19/05 01:18 PM Re: wing chun clips [Re: MAGr]
monji112000 Offline

I didn't know what post you wanted replies too..

I don't have any clips of me, only one were I am punch for a explanation of a shuvel kick and Bow and arrow kick.
http://vbwingchun.com/video/paksao-kick.wmv

Quote:

I posted these in the general forum but I haven't gotten much criticism for them, I thought it would be more applicable in this forum.
Please tell me what you think about them.:)

Note: apart from the full contact, the rest are demos to illustrate wing chun not the be all and end all of our school.

I am impressed with your enthusiasm.
Good stuff, I really think it shows some very good potential. First off what lineage are you from? You can normally tell from how things are stressed. Since you asked I will give some objective criticism:

Overall
1. I can't see your stance.. so at times its hard to tell how you are stepping.

First clip “lok soa”:
Try to slow down some, you will cut-down on the amount of mistakes with will clear any bad habits. I noticed allot at times the Guarding hand is forgotten, when using the bong sao. Be very careful to not forget the Guarding hand, you will find that when you go too fast or start to have sloppy or rush technique the Guarding hand will save you as a backup. Thats why its push so much in the first form. I noticed you like to use the “mun”sao I think this is the correct name it like a shooting hand up too the persons face.. normally to cover a distance or block like you were doing. Don't forget you are doing Lop (lok) sao drills so don't forget to use it. When you hands are up in that motion crossed like that, its a perfect time to lop sao pull the hand down. You can trap the other hand or brake the hand you have pull down. Don't get into the habit of setting up someone and not following through. (its a habit that I am trying to fix) don't forget about inside pack sao, changing sides (pull down punch) ect.. if you start at a normal pace you can buildup to a faster pace using as many techniques as you can react too.

One handed chi sao:

I like the dramatic blind fold.. LOL
Again slow down your in no rush, most of the techniques you were doing sloppy could have been down perfectly just a little slower. For example that jum sao would have covered every time if you had had completed the motion so that his hands aren't a inch away from your chest but safely away from you. Try not to let your bong sao cave in like that, you can jam at all if your bong sao isn't past a 90 degree angle always. Even if you were to redirect his power you have to keep that angle or you will cave in. try adding the runs in with your single hand chi sao. Fook sao to huen soa an tan to a punch. This will help with your feeling the other persons power.

Two handed chi sao:

again same thing about speed. Try to flow, that doesn't mean go fast.. you can move a normal speed and flow.. suddenly your opponent will think your moving very fast. Since you are doing Chi sao don't stop when you have a technique over your partner. Keep going, let him try to react when he has made a mistake. Don't keep going back to rolling hands.. its a very bad habit. Continue to react and protect, finding a hole. Try not to lean in so badly, its another one of my bad habits I have learned to slowly fix. Sit in your horse , if you step use your correct wing chun stepping.

Clip 7: I noticed from other clips you are very strong at stressing the center line, well use it to your advantage. When you side step sink into your horse and use your shock power. Don't forget to get out of his center line and jam back into it.
A good strong Gan sao with a good triangle or side step with some follow ups will finish a telegraphed kick like that.

Sparring clips:

You have to stress your basics when you practice or you will end up kicking with no power. That push kick can devastate and knock your partner across the room. Make sure you do it correctly. Knee up completely and slam with the heel. If you are off balance or your body doesn't move forward ( not backward) .. something is wrong. Don't forget to get away first!! Standing next to each other trading chain punching isn't going to benefit anyone. Don't forget all the other stuff.. bong,quan , tan, gan, fook sao, Knee, elbows, side kick, push kick, shovel kick and gods sake Pak sao! I didn't see one Bow and arrow punch! Practice this combination till your feet fall off: side-step& pack sao& shovel kick, bow and arrow punch , push kick , chain punch.

When people are sparring don't let them continue to throw chain punches when the other person just stands and takes it.. Tell them to stop and go back to the center. Once someone has not reacted correctly or not at all .. don't waste everyones time creating wind with your chain punches. It would be a good idea also for the person who made the mistake to try and get away.. not stand and be a target. Get their hands up and throw a quan sao or bong soa or a gan sao. You can turn a mistake into something that will finish the fight for you..

Also don't put Wing Chun players against each other.. its a waste of time. Who is going to fight a wing chun player on the street? Do you know of any muggers that do Wing Chun? Have someone do stuff from other styles.. western boxing, Muy Thai, BJJ shoots ect..

i like how some students added more western boxing style punches, but they seemed to be the only thing that worked.. thats not good. If you are realling on Chain punches to win.. you will end up going to the hospital. They don't do much more than [censored] people off. Use them to fill in gaps so that your opponent is constantly being attacked.

Edited by monji112000 (12/19/05 01:25 PM)

#215609 - 12/20/05 11:23 AM Re: wing chun clips [Re: monji112000]
MAGr Offline
Veteran

Loc: London, home: Athens
Quote:

Try to slow down some, you will cut-down on the amount of mistakes with will clear any bad habits. I noticed allot at times the Guarding hand is forgotten, when using the bong sao.

Yeah, I know and I always get slapped on the head when I forget! You are right that its hard to hold your shape doing it that fast. In training what we do is vary the speed and tempo from slow to fast. I like lok sau because it has taught me to contract and then relax when I am moving quickly and not to hold tention just because things are happening quicker than the forms.

Quote:

Try not to let your bong sao cave in like that, you can jam at all if your bong sao isn't past a 90 degree angle always. Even if you were to redirect his power you have to keep that angle or you will cave in.

I think that is a matter of lineage. I have always been taught to collapse my bong sau, and we had other guys from different schools join ours and they were used to jamming the bong sau. I dont know which version I would prefer because I have only been taught one but it has worked for me in real life.

I agree with your comments on the sparring clips. All I can say is we need more practice and I m looking forward to it!

#215610 - 12/20/05 08:55 PM Re: wing chun clips [Re: MAGr]
monji112000 Offline

Quote:

I think that is a matter of lineage. I have always been taught to collapse my bong sau, and we had other guys from different schools join ours and they were used to jamming the bong sau. I dont know which version I would prefer because I have only been taught one but it has worked for me in real life.

I have been told that Muy yat does that style of Bong Sao. i can't comment on why it would be good to do that. But, I can explain why I don;t think its a good idea. Maybe you do have a purpose for it.. I would be interested in learning.

The two forces we use the bong soa for are Jaming or Redirecting. Jaming must be strong, hiting with the elbow, using your center. Redirecting.. you must turn your horse and use the oncoming power. If you cave for redirecting you will have that power directly on your body.. and not at a safe distance.

Again what liniage..? whats the purpose behind caving in?

#215611 - 12/23/05 03:54 PM Re: wing chun clips [Re: MAGr]
monji112000 Offline

I would like to post some clips I feel help me allot. I don't think you would mind..

I wanted you to see some different people using a variety of techniques. Focus on the Circle drill, it will really force you to use these ideas. Why? In the circle you must react to that first attack(s). This is the most critical. can you constantly use what you have learned. Better than sparring.. JMO because you must constantly react were sparring has waves of activity.
Most things I say or suggest.. I am working on them currently. I have many problems to fix.. LOL

http://www.wingchunnyc.com/techniques/qt_media/oh1.sifu.cover.1.htm
http://www.wingchunnyc.com/techniques/qt_media/oh2.sifu.basic.rhouse.htm
http://www.wingchunnyc.com/techniques/qt_media/oh2.sifu.tan.saus.htm
http://www.wingchunnyc.com/techniques/qt_media/sifu.oh2.basic.htm

http://www.wingchunnyc.com/techniques/pictures/kwansau/joneskwansauempty_thumb.jpg

http://www.wingchunkungfu.cn/Mastermpg/123099a.mpg
http://www.wingchunkungfu.cn/Mastermpg/092299t.mpg
http://www.wingchunkungfu.cn/Mastermpg/091399h.mpg
http://www.wingchunkungfu.cn/Mastermpg/092499za.mpg
http://www.wingchunkungfu.cn/Mastermpg/112699h.mpg
http://www.wingchunkungfu.cn/Mastermpg/100699v.mpg

#215612 - 01/01/06 03:49 AM Re: wing chun clips [Re: monji112000]
RazorFoot Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Seated at the computer, DUH
And here it what it looks like with a bit of practice.

http://www.wimp.com/punches/

#215613 - 01/01/06 05:06 AM Re: wing chun clips [Re: MAGr]
TeK9 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Northern California, USA
very nice
Vinci

#215614 - 01/01/06 09:23 PM Re: wing chun clips [Re: MAGr]
TeK9 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Northern California, USA
wow
Vinci

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Cord, Gavin, JasonM, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Fight Videos
Night club fight footage and street fights captured with the world's first bouncer spy cam

How to Matrix!
Learn ten times faster with new training method. Learn entire arts for as little as $10 per disk.

Self Defense
Stun guns, pepper spray, Mace and self defense products. Alarms for personal and home use.

TASER MC26C
Stop An Urban Gorilla: Get 2 FREE TASER M26C Replacement Air Cartridges With Each New TASER M26C!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga