FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 31 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Beefcake, WesJones, simonajones111, BUJU, Pilsungkarate
22931 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
charlie 2
futsaowingchun 2
GojuRyuboy13 1
harlan 1
Matakiant 1
November
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
New Topics
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
Siu Lin Tao-3rd section applications
by futsaowingchun
11/13/14 06:48 PM
Screen fighting course UK December 2014
by charlie
11/11/14 04:09 PM
Siu Lin Tao-1st section Pak Sao explanations
by futsaowingchun
11/09/14 10:30 PM
I spy kata bunkai..
by GojuRyuboy13
10/29/14 08:28 AM
Judo 2014 World Championships Juniors: The Gallery
by ergees
10/25/14 04:53 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
MA style video library
by
03/22/06 03:18 PM
Recent Posts
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
Siu Lin Tao-3rd section applications
by futsaowingchun
11/13/14 06:48 PM
Screen fighting course UK December 2014
by charlie
11/11/14 04:09 PM
MA style video library
by charlie
11/11/14 04:05 PM
Siu Lin Tao-1st section Pak Sao explanations
by futsaowingchun
11/09/14 10:30 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/29/14 10:01 PM
I spy kata bunkai..
by GojuRyuboy13
10/29/14 08:28 AM
Judo 2014 World Championships Juniors: The Gallery
by ergees
10/25/14 04:53 PM
Forum Stats
22931 Members
36 Forums
35588 Topics
432519 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#214590 - 12/14/05 11:45 PM Re: A letter to the head instructors at my school. [Re: Ed_Morris]
BuDoc Offline
The doctor will see you now

Loc: USA and Abroad
Damn your good!

One day I'm gonna set up shop and you are gonna be my IT guy, no matter the cost!!

Back to topic at hand.

LDH, people really do want to help around here. I have seen posts on other threads where you have contributed civily.

Why are you now trying to act like an A-hole? Follow Matt and Ed's advice, for 3 simple reasons.

1. They know quite alot about martial arts and good schools and training.

2. For those reasons and their willingness to entertain the idiocy of those who don't know they are idiots, and help the sincer albeit misguided, they have earned quite a bit of respect and friendship here.

3. Lastly, and maybe most importantly to you at this juncture, they can make you go away.

Nobody is telling you not to have an opinion. Just try to quit name calling and at least listen to those that you have solicited for help.

Hope this helps. If not, see you on Bullshido.

Page

#214591 - 12/15/05 12:45 AM Re: A letter to the head instructors at my school. [Re: BuDoc]
Ed_Morris Offline
Professional Poster

Quote:

One day I'm gonna set up shop and you are gonna be my IT guy, no matter the cost!!

I'll work for food if you teach me real Karate.

since this thread is on it's last legs anyway, let me change the subject and tone a bit if I may.
...I've been reading old threads from the 'kata app' room for the past 3 hours now. back in 2002,2001 - there was some serious back to back good solid highly advanced posting content going on. I felt like a noob reading them. A VERY far cry away from threads like our current thread's bonehead: "I'm going to write a letter to my instructor telling him how to run a dojang and slip it under his door and sneak away...is this a good idea?"
WTF? are threads like this even MA related?

read some of the past threads (+2yrs ago) ...a very different feel. I'd like to encourage people to try and approach that level of discussion again. I know I can be a goof so I'm in no position to judge - but I am in a position to judge my own posting... I'll try challenging myself to raise the bar a bit in my content. ...but still having fun of course.

#214592 - 12/15/05 05:54 AM Re: A letter to the head instructors at my school. [Re: LameDojoHater]
trevek Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Poland
LDH,

I agree with some of the other posters. You attack everyone who tries to give you advice. It is not that people don't appreciate your situation but you've been whining about this dojang, even with your Forum name. You ask for advice and then bite the hand that feeds you. Chill out dude (as you American chappies put it).

As for not liking the philosophy, well the philosophy is the art. If you don't like it then go do kick-boxing (sorry, I assume KB has no overriding philosophy other than the training and competing but I could be wrong).

You make out in all these posts that you are the best and know the lot because the lesser mortals around you don't meet your standards. You harp on about how BB's in your place are so bad, well now you know why people often have no time for the belt system or put any great value in it.

The thing is that by comparing yourself to everyone else you are trying to prove how great you are and how inferior they are, rather than work on your own self-improvement. OK, you are disappointed because the ideal you once had, that BB was worth something, is a fallacy. this doesn't have to affect you. Train for yourself, not for other people.

Now, you'll probably say "Hey Dude, I do train for myself to get better, that's what all this is about!" WRONG, the tone of your posts suggests you are training to compare yourself to other people and to show how superior you are.

Why don't you ask around and see if anyone else is as disappointed as you and suggest some private sessions where you can train how you want to (suggest it to the instructors, they might agree and encounrage you). You might find the slackers want to come and might work harder in such an environment... you could also help to inspire them and advise them how they could do better (seriously, I'm not taking the p*ss). We used to do this in my first club, one of the BB's and a couple of green and yellow belts just met for sparring. I was a total beginner and benefitted a lot from it.

The matter of your letter, well the contant itself was not so bad, it was the thought behind it which was a problem. You've hit the nail on the head about their reaction... "Hey, so what?". That would be the reaction if you didn't put your name on it. Believe me, I've written complaints to people and have an idea about these things.

So, relax dude, chill a bit and listen to advice, chew on it and then decide whether you want to spit it back in our faces.

Supporting everyone saying "nuts to cancer"

#214593 - 12/15/05 09:41 AM Re: A letter to the head instructors at my school. [Re: LameDojoHater]
Zombie Zero Offline
Compliance & Liability
Veteran

Loc: Lorton, VA
LDH, here's some sincere advice:

Learn patience.
Learn the difference between humility and hubris.
Get off your High-Horse.
Show your instructors actual respect, don't pay them lip-service.
Stop focusing on rank. It's a journey, not a destination.
Stop being so impressed with yourself.
Realize that other people actually might be able to teach you something about yourself.
Train your way. Let others train theirs.
Consider the possibility that your instructors just might know what they're talking about.

Here's a big one: Lose the attitude.
Quote:

For now I show respect to the BB's at my school. This is because most of them are better at it than me. But what happens when I get to be a BB, and I surpass them by leaps and bounds? They will still be demanding the same unquestioning blind respect as before. Except now there only aurguement will be "Well I've been here longer than you". To me that's like a fifty year old retired boxer that never got a single win, walking up to the current heavyweight champ and saying "You must show me unquestioning respect because I've been boxing longer than you".

That's an astoundingly arrogant comment, one that disgusts me completely. To my view, you are not a martial artist. Posting that letter anonymously in a public forum, without signing your name, would be an act of supreme cowardice that would bring a discredit to your school, yourself, and the people who raised you.

#214594 - 12/15/05 10:41 AM Re: A letter to the head instructors at my school. [Re: Zombie Zero]
LameDojoHater Offline

Actually my response to Ed was my first attempt at being a totall ass with no disregard for forum rules. I apolagize if any of my earlier posts insulted anyone. There were not meant to. Ed just [censored] me off because in every thread I post him, and two or three other guys consantly send personal attacks my way. I mean... look at his post that I replied to.

Asking for more sparring in TKD is like asking for more Kata in Judo.

He's not presenting an aurguement. He's flat out trying to flame and insult me.

Edit: Add on.

It was never my intention to fully insult my school on these forums. I initially came here in order to calmly talk about the worries of my school on these forums. In short this was a place to let off steam, and talk about things in confidence. But after people started calling me lamedojoattender I realized that I had inadvertently been insulting my school the whole time. Now I don't mean to be all phycological here. But I somehow made my sn reflect my inner feelings about my school. Oh well.

I suspect that Ed is currently seeking out my name and instructors in an attempt to get me banned from TKD class. If he suceeds all I have to say is oh well. I'll sorely miss class, and miss those that I truly do respect over there. You see I have quite a bit of respect for the good people at my local branch. It's the higher ups that I have a problem with. Unfortunatly I've focused so much on the bad eggs at my school that my respect for the good guys never came out. Mr. Dority, Mr. Netch, and all the Brown Belts at my school. If by some horror you chance by this one day please know that I hold no grudge agianst you guys. You are the good ones. Oh well.

#214595 - 12/15/05 10:55 AM Re: A letter to the head instructors at my school. [Re: LameDojoHater]
Zombie Zero Offline
Compliance & Liability
Veteran

Loc: Lorton, VA
Quote:

He's flat out trying to flame and insult me.

So what do you think the appropriate reaction should be? Should you:

A) Flame and insult him back.
B) Whine about it,
C) Huff and Puff; Thump your chest,
D) Ignore him, refusing to fight.

How you react to any situation is entirely up to you.

#214596 - 12/15/05 11:10 AM Re: A letter to the head instructors at my school. [Re: Zombie Zero]
LameDojoHater Offline

Yep. It is. Normally I'd just present a decent counterarguement. But I'm leaving these forums as soon as this thread dies out anyway, so I thought I'd be an ass.

#214597 - 12/15/05 11:39 AM Re: A letter to the head instructors at my school. [Re: LameDojoHater]
harlan Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Amherst, MA
Well, that's a lovely invitation.

Oldman, do you think you could assist?

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Cord, MattJ, Reiki, tkd_high_green 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Self Defense
Offering stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and other self defense products not available in stores.

Pepper Spray
Online distributor of self defense supplies like videos, stun guns, Tasers and more.

Spy Cameras
Surveillance, Hidden Cameras, Nanny Cams, Digital Recorders, Spy Equipment, Pocket DVR's and more

Stun Gun
Wholesale Directlhy to the Public! Stun gun and Taser Guns and personal protection products. Keep your loved ones at home safe!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga