FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 26 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SenseiGregT, sagat, JFawkes, pluckysaga39, sgtdemeo
22911 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
AndyLA 5
Dobbersky 5
Ed_Morris 4
futsaowingchun 3
ergees 3
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
New Topics
2014 World Championships Chelyabinsk: The Gallery
by ergees
Yesterday at 03:51 AM
Biu Tzu- Snake hand strike
by futsaowingchun
08/27/14 09:02 PM
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
08/20/14 09:54 PM
2013 World Championship Rio: The Gallery (HD)
by ergees
08/19/14 05:22 AM
Chi Sao demonstration
by futsaowingchun
08/14/14 10:57 PM
Decent Fight channel
by FrankyFruits
08/07/14 09:19 PM
2014 European Championships Cadets Athens: Videos
by ergees
08/07/14 10:00 AM
Life goes on....
by Dobbersky
08/07/14 05:59 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:14 AM
Recent Posts
2014 World Championships Chelyabinsk: The Gallery
by ergees
Yesterday at 03:51 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by Zombie Zero
08/29/14 10:50 PM
mindfullness meditation
by log1call
08/28/14 02:39 AM
Biu Tzu- Snake hand strike
by futsaowingchun
08/27/14 09:02 PM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Ed_Morris
08/26/14 09:58 PM
The Karate punch
by Ed_Morris
08/26/14 09:27 PM
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
08/20/14 09:54 PM
2013 World Championship Rio: The Gallery (HD)
by ergees
08/19/14 05:22 AM
attacked from behind
by AndyLA
08/16/14 04:59 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by VDJ
08/15/14 05:46 PM
Forum Stats
22911 Members
36 Forums
35573 Topics
432484 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 9 of 11 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 >
Topic Options
#209702 - 07/10/06 10:11 PM Re: Pinan/Heian vs Channan [Re: senseiaverywax]
senseiaverywax Offline
Channan fodder Banned Member

By the way I still know the Channan Kata. Oh and alot more.
Of course it could be the fact that I am a Real warrior as in been to war, in a war, survived a war) that this style is so good! LOL LOL!!!

#209703 - 07/10/06 10:26 PM Re: Pinan/Heian vs Channan [Re: senseiaverywax]
cxt Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: USA
Sommers

Please go back and re-read the statements made by Avery.

He is clearly suggesting what I stated.

In fact, he has failed to address observations made by me on this thread in early June/06--and in 05 when the thread first popped up.

Got to tell you the general "tone" of Avery's posts keeps changeing.

I suspect that its just a guy or guys having fun while school is out.

I would hope that people have better things to do than simply be pains in the kester---but then again, I have been wrong before.

Edited by cxt (07/10/06 10:30 PM)

#209704 - 07/10/06 10:30 PM Re: Pinan/Heian vs Channan [Re: ANDY44]
ANDY44 Offline
Revolutionary!

Hi ALL.
This thread is getting way to heavy.

Sensei avery wax

I have put on the thread my email address. If you have any form of notation as regards to katas and bunkia and if you could e mail them to me then that would be great.

thanks

#209705 - 07/10/06 10:52 PM Re: Pinan/Heian vs Channan [Re: senseiaverywax]
Ed_Morris Offline
Professional Poster

saw alot of action on okinawa during the 50's did you? where and when in China did you fight hand-to-hand?

My first goju instructor is an ex-marine who was stationed on Okinawa during the 50's - he meraculously survived without learning Channan, just Goju and continued training back home under A. Mirakian after a couple tours before opening the club I later joined. ...my uncle too served in the Marines during that time in Okinawa, he described it as decimated, starving and slowly rebuilding - no fighting. My other Uncle saw alot more action in Vietnam in the following decade, he became a Boston cop and never fully recovered from the battles he saw. ended up killing himself. Still, I can't bear to think what my grandfather went thru in 1942 Singapore while serving the Royal Navy on a shore establishment. most likely he was one of the many many unaccounted for prisoners of war but were used as slave labor, but listed as a casualty on the day of surrender for reasons I'm trying to find out, but don't really want to know at the same time.

all of that martial history running thru my blood and thru my mind, but the history and stories don't make it my reality. I would never claim to have their experiences...I can only hope you wouldn't stoop so low as to take others experience and call it your own.

here's some more psycho-babble:
The fact you mention your alleged combat experience in this thread is to give yourself percieved credability with the effectiveness of what you leaned from A. Martin. Not only does that atmosphere you create stink of B.S. , but it gives off an offensive stench of those who really did see horrors of war but would never EVER mention it so casually in open forum.

Either you are a fraud, senile, or wishing to promote your name in order to promote by reference the people claiming your lineage. The fact is, the good instructors don't claim...they just do. People that claim, sell. and it IS possible to sell for no money. could you list some projects you have students do for you? anything from mowing the lawn to remodeling a house would be interesting to hear...

as always, no disrespect ...just Q&A.
-Ed

#209706 - 07/10/06 10:53 PM Re: Pinan/Heian vs Channan [Re: senseiaverywax]
Ed_Morris Offline
Professional Poster

Quote:

By the way I still know the Channan Kata. Oh and alot more.
Of course it could be the fact that I am a Real warrior as in been to war, in a war, survived a war) that this style is so good! LOL LOL!!!

ummm excuse me Sir...your 3rd grade is showing

#209707 - 07/10/06 11:06 PM Re: Pinan/Heian vs Channan [Re: senseiaverywax]
Ed_Morris Offline
Professional Poster

btw, also for the record, my uncle and others in my family are exactly the same generation as you, yet the lowest grade they attained was 8th grade. maybe it was just a Northeast thing of having grades beyond 3rd in the 1930's...which town/state did you grow up in where they didn't have beyond 3rd? I can tell when people purposely "mispel" words or try to change their online 'voice'. it's weird, not sure how I can tell, it's subjective reasoning, but the vibe I get from your posts is that you are not who you say you are, or are trying to be something you are not.

#209708 - 07/10/06 11:27 PM Re: Pinan/Heian vs Channan [Re: Ed_Morris]
sommers Offline
Banned Member

Loc: South Georgia
Wax, Sensei an the others here!

I spoke to my Sensei Al Martin Jr. who is a little upset with you folks and he ask could you please leave his fathers name out of your conversation. Yes it is true his father taught Mr Wax but that is that. Al Martin Sr. was Brave and Couragous and served the United States in W.W.II If you have Questions for Alton Martin Jr. Email Him at almartin34109@yahoo.com or see his website at http://karateinc.tripod.com or http://associatedkarate.tripod.com.

#209709 - 07/10/06 11:43 PM Re: Pinan/Heian vs Channan [Re: Ed_Morris]
senseiaverywax Offline
Channan fodder Banned Member

Ed,

You got a h___-on for me or what?

I told you I only Greduated the third Grade!

My Service to our Country is true! He when I die Ed gets all my war Relics for opening his poop shoot to far! .

#209710 - 07/11/06 12:34 AM Re: Pinan/Heian vs Channan [Re: senseiaverywax]
Ed_Morris Offline
Professional Poster

so all of this isn't true then?
Quote:

as a Combat proven U.S. Marine that survived W.W.II being sent to Okinawa and China I do understand fighting and I will wager you some of these folks never had to fight to live or carry their blown to bits buddies across a field that looks like its burning in hell! with bombs exploding men screaming for god to take them home and the gut renching smell of bodies decaying all around you. With an enemy running and hiding in caves or behind women and children real hand to hand fighting occurs when you are out of ammo but the other guy has his. Have you ever had to fight somebody who wanted to kill you, and tried with what ever he could find then to move on to the next one you have to snap his neck or pull out his eyes with your thumbs. I have seen the other post going about blocks in real combat blocks seem to disappear all that matters is how you will devour the next movement grab the enemy and rip him apart

if so, answer my questions. You put yourself and your Sensei is a position of credability. can't call off the dogs now. no offense to Mr. Martin Sr. and Jr. this is about the credability of Avery Wax only who is claiming to have battlefield war experience as quoted above and claims to be personally teaching the Chinese version of Channan as taught to Tode Sakugawa.

By mentioning actual combat, yes you did touch a nerve with me since my family tree is riddled with no joke war experience and generations of fatherless sons. It's offensive to hear someone talk so lightly about it in order to further their agenda.

so prove your war exerience with dates and locations and duty (private message or e-mail is fine nthdegree_news@yahoo.com ).

If you can't stand the microscope, then why make claims on a public forum?

#209711 - 07/11/06 12:52 AM Re: Pinan/Heian vs Channan [Re: sommers]
Ed_Morris Offline
Professional Poster

you tag teams always do this.

1. We question someone.
2. 3rd party tells us that we are being disrespectful.

in this case:
1. I question A. Wax's battlefield experience.
2. you tell us his sensei has a honerable war record.

thats not what I was asking...was it. everyone here and everyone's sensei is honerable, ok?

but not everyone is Waxing us with claims of 'true' this and 'authenic' that. This is now a matter of credability of A. Wax. no one else. k? The reason for the question of credability is because of his claims pertinent to the thread topic.

If thats ok with you and your friends in the Secret Seito Society Selling Something, then Mr. Wax can speak for himself.

Page 9 of 11 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 >

Moderator:  Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Ryukyu Art
Artifacts from the Ryukyu Kingdom missing since WWII. Visit www.ShisaLion.Org to view pictures

Best Stun Guns
Self Defense Products-stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and more

Surveillance 4U
Complete surveillance systems for covert operations or secure installation security

Asylum Images
Book presents photo tour of the Trans-Allegany Lunatic Asylum. A must if you're going to take a ghost tour!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga