FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 33 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
old1, Leonar, ManLar, Vimido, raya
22925 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
futsaowingchun 4
Ronin1966 3
GojuRyuboy13 2
Matakiant 1
cxt 1
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
New Topics
The Classic Pak Sao drill
by futsaowingchun
10/20/14 10:32 AM
wing chun kicks and knees
by futsaowingchun
10/09/14 12:55 AM
2014 European Championships Juniors: the Gallery
by ergees
10/05/14 10:56 AM
Tan,Bong,Fuk & Wu Sao
by futsaowingchun
09/30/14 12:10 AM
Living a full life violence free...
by GojuRyuboy13
09/25/14 08:50 AM
Wing Chun-internal training
by futsaowingchun
09/23/14 09:01 PM
Martial News
by Matakiant
09/23/14 06:42 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Leo's Judo Journal
by Leo_E_49
01/24/12 02:58 AM
Recent Posts
Living a full life violence free...
by GojuRyuboy13
Today at 07:20 AM
The Classic Pak Sao drill
by futsaowingchun
10/20/14 10:32 AM
Leo's Judo Journal
by swordy
10/11/14 09:21 AM
The Karate punch
by Ronin1966
10/09/14 03:16 PM
wing chun kicks and knees
by futsaowingchun
10/09/14 12:55 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Ronin1966
10/08/14 09:22 PM
2014 European Championships Juniors: the Gallery
by ergees
10/05/14 10:56 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by AndyLA
10/04/14 10:20 AM
Tan,Bong,Fuk & Wu Sao
by futsaowingchun
09/30/14 12:10 AM
Wing Chun-internal training
by futsaowingchun
09/23/14 09:01 PM
Forum Stats
22925 Members
36 Forums
35582 Topics
432510 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#208578 - 11/28/05 03:27 PM Re: Andy Warhol and Coca-Cola [Re: phoenixsflame]
nenipp Offline
Veteran

Why should you treat your body with total dignity when you know it's going to give up on you?

#208579 - 11/28/05 04:13 PM Re: Andy Warhol and Coca-Cola [Re: nenipp]
BuDoc Offline
The doctor will see you now

Loc: USA and Abroad
What about Nehi?

Thanks to the good ol' US of A, that lovely grape libation has been elevated to godlike status(even the term "Nehi Gods") in the South Pacific.

Page

#208580 - 11/28/05 04:15 PM Re: Andy Warhol and Coca-Cola [Re: nenipp]
Alicia Offline

Loc: BC, Canada
I think most of see life as now. We're not constantly remided that our body will eventually fail us.
What we try to achieve is a healthy body so that we can use it to its full potential. If we want to be faster, stronger, we do what we need to do. We eliminate the harmful things in our diet so that we are not counteracting its amelioration. We live in an individualistic society where everyone is taught to strive for personal success. We have a drive to be our best. Physically, this ultimately means pushing our bodies, stretching our limits, becoming better and better.
Another way of looking at why we don't want chemicals in our body, is that we've been given this body for the rest of our lives. we need to take care of it for as long as we have it. The more complex something is, the more of a chance there is that something will go wrong. Adding non-natural ingredients to our body can cause complications. There is no need for caramelized, carbonated chemicals, or femented ones, at that.

#208581 - 11/28/05 04:55 PM Re: Andy Warhol and Coca-Cola [Re: phoenixsflame]
trevek Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Poland
Interestingly Coca Cola was invented by an ex-soldier of the American Civil war who was trying to use cocaine to help cure his morphine addiction. It was originally sold as a headache cure and tonic (Pepsi was a stomach cure).

Coke apparently, was one of the leaders in early brand advertising, practically inventing it.

Supporting everyone saying "nuts to cancer"

#208582 - 11/28/05 04:56 PM Re: Andy Warhol and Coca-Cola [Re: nenipp]
phoenixsflame Offline

Loc: Chicago, Illinois
Quote:

Why should you treat your body with total dignity when you know it's going to give up on you?

Thats like asking why you should treat your pet's with respect when they're going to die before you. Or why you should eat when you're just going to deficate it out anyways.

The fact is, if we treat our body with the respect and energetic level of maintenance it will last many more years than if we don't....

Quote:

I think most of see life as now. We're not constantly remided that our body will eventually fail us.

I think the people who focus on the end of things, are the same people who focus on the beginning of things to much. It leads to us not seeing whats going on right now, and leads to a life of attachment.

Quote:

What we try to achieve is a healthy body so that we can use it to its full potential. If we want to be faster, stronger, we do what we need to do. We eliminate the harmful things in our diet so that we are not counteracting its amelioration.

Agreed.

Quote:

We live in an individualistic society where everyone is taught to strive for personal success. We have a drive to be our best. Physically, this ultimately means pushing our bodies, stretching our limits, becoming better and better.

I don't know, I think the striving for personal success does the opposite of this. I do not believe strive to be their best when they are focused solely on personal success. This is an entirely different subject, but one I want to touch on. To better oneself sometimes means making sacrifices on what society deem's as sucess.

Quote:

Another way of looking at why we don't want chemicals in our body, is that we've been given this body for the rest of our lives. we need to take care of it for as long as we have it. The more complex something is, the more of a chance there is that something will go wrong. Adding non-natural ingredients to our body can cause complications. There is no need for caramelized, carbonated chemicals, or femented ones, at that.

I suffer from Chronic Migraine Syndrome, basically a very nasty way to say that I have a basically debilitating headache/migraine every day, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. I've had this for the past roughly five years. (give or take a few months)

You find very quickly, that the body reacts to these "chemicals" that have been processed very badly when your body is so reactive. There are products in Tea that we drink that are similar to the processed, but the way it is delivered is completely different. You'd be amazed the lows that accompany artifical highs, even if you conceptualize it. Experiencing the natural middle path of constance is a very different existance.

#208583 - 11/28/05 05:02 PM Re: Andy Warhol and Coca-Cola [Re: trevek]
phoenixsflame Offline

Loc: Chicago, Illinois
Quote:

Interestingly Coca Cola was invented by an ex-soldier of the American Civil war who was trying to use cocaine to help cure his morphine addiction. It was originally sold as a headache cure and tonic (Pepsi was a stomach cure).

Coke apparently, was one of the leaders in early brand advertising, practically inventing it.

Dr. Pepper was one of the only soda's to stay open during the two World War's... Because they liscensed themselves as a tonic, instead of a refreshment. Coke and Pepsi both shut down to put their resources towards the War Effort.

#208584 - 11/28/05 08:59 PM Re: Andy Warhol and Coca-Cola [Re: phoenixsflame]
Alicia Offline

phoenixflame,
I'm not agreeing with the democratic's society's view of personal success either. But for capitalism to work, society must be based on earning capital. One of the ways people are taught to "buy more things," is to be told that they need to buy products to fix what's wrong with them. Since the 1920's, and probably before, people have been told that they are not perfect. If they are not perfect, they are not socially acceptable. Their breath stinks, they're too fat, they're wearing the wrong clothes, drinking the wrong beer. We've been conditioned to believe that in order to become socially successful, we need to buy products that will help us, first of all, become social acceptable. I'm not saying I agree with this shallow view of consumerism and consumption, but for the most part, this is how it is.

Personal success can be measured more greatly in acts such as people devoting themselves to helping others, without any monetary value in return. It takes a certain type of person to do this, and there aren't too many who would, or do.

That's too bad about your headaches - really bad. What do you do to ease the migraines?

#208585 - 11/28/05 09:33 PM Re: Andy Warhol and Coca-Cola [Re: nenipp]
Foolsgold Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Lyon, MI, USA
Quote:

Quote:

"You are always dragging me down," said I to my body.
"Dragging you down!" replied my body. "Well I like that! Who taught me to like tobacco and alcohol? You, of course, with your idiotic adolescent idea of being 'grown up.' My palate loathed both at first: but you would have your way. Who put an end to all those angry and revengeful thoughts last night? Me, of course, by insisting on going to sleep. Who does his best to keep you from talking too much and eating too much by giving you dry throats and headaches and indigestion? Eh?
"And what about sex?" said I.
"Yes, what about it?" retorted the body. "If you and your wretched imagination would leave me alone I'd give you no trouble. That's soul all over; you give me orders and then blame me for carrying them out.

-C.S. Lewis

#208586 - 11/28/05 10:30 PM Re: Andy Warhol and Coca-Cola [Re: Foolsgold]
Alicia Offline

Nice quote.
Where is it from?

Edited by Alicia (11/29/05 12:49 AM)

#208587 - 11/29/05 03:34 PM Re: Andy Warhol and Coca-Cola [Re: phoenixsflame]
nenipp Offline
Veteran

OK phoenix, my bad, I didn't know that "total dignity" has the same meaning as "respect".
Translated to my language (the best I can) it doesn't, you see.

I'd say I treat my body with respect, but I won't worry myself sick about a little chemical here or there!

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Self Defense
Offering stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and other self defense products not available in stores.

Pepper Spray
Online distributor of self defense supplies like videos, stun guns, Tasers and more.

Spy Cameras
Surveillance, Hidden Cameras, Nanny Cams, Digital Recorders, Spy Equipment, Pocket DVR's and more

Stun Gun
Wholesale Directlhy to the Public! Stun gun and Taser Guns and personal protection products. Keep your loved ones at home safe!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga