FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 30 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SenseiGregT, sagat, JFawkes, pluckysaga39, sgtdemeo
22911 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Dobbersky 5
AndyLA 5
Ed_Morris 4
futsaowingchun 3
ergees 3
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
New Topics
2014 World Championships Chelyabinsk: The Gallery
by ergees
Yesterday at 03:51 AM
Biu Tzu- Snake hand strike
by futsaowingchun
08/27/14 09:02 PM
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
08/20/14 09:54 PM
2013 World Championship Rio: The Gallery (HD)
by ergees
08/19/14 05:22 AM
Chi Sao demonstration
by futsaowingchun
08/14/14 10:57 PM
Decent Fight channel
by FrankyFruits
08/07/14 09:19 PM
2014 European Championships Cadets Athens: Videos
by ergees
08/07/14 10:00 AM
Life goes on....
by Dobbersky
08/07/14 05:59 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:14 AM
Recent Posts
2014 World Championships Chelyabinsk: The Gallery
by ergees
Yesterday at 03:51 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by Zombie Zero
08/29/14 10:50 PM
mindfullness meditation
by log1call
08/28/14 02:39 AM
Biu Tzu- Snake hand strike
by futsaowingchun
08/27/14 09:02 PM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Ed_Morris
08/26/14 09:58 PM
The Karate punch
by Ed_Morris
08/26/14 09:27 PM
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
08/20/14 09:54 PM
2013 World Championship Rio: The Gallery (HD)
by ergees
08/19/14 05:22 AM
attacked from behind
by AndyLA
08/16/14 04:59 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by VDJ
08/15/14 05:46 PM
Forum Stats
22911 Members
36 Forums
35573 Topics
432484 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#206905 - 11/21/05 06:39 AM EaglesClaw Kung Fu So as Advanced Kung fu Post
Snakeineaglesnes Offline

Hello Everyone, Im new here. This is the first forum I've ever joined, and may I say its quite invigorating to be able to share my path to my way of life......Eagle's Claw Kung Fu (also know as Ying Jow Pai). Im 22 years old now and I've been studying Eagle's Claw kung fu for 8 Years now. You see me and Sifu's son was Friends for quite a while before I decided to ask him anything about his martial arts life. We use to break dance almost everyday in the Dojo (thatís what I called it at the time) while his father was at work. Well, a year later I finally asked him what style he studies. He told me kung fu. I never thought in a million years that I would have a friend that did kung fu. I thought he did judo or something common of that sort. I got interested and one day I went to class with him. I seen sifu for the first time I was scared, Butterflies and all. He looked so powerful, and quiet. You see, His been lifting weights and training kung fu for 37 years. And everyday of his life since the age of 5 he's never missed a day a training. His Training was Vigorous. He started lifting weights 7 years before I walked into his dojo and after weight lifting he walked straight into the dojo. (One room away) I didn't even ask what style he studied. I walked in there totally blind. He was kind of cruel u see, when I entered I told him that I was Here to join. The Man laughed in my face and said I heard that nearly 200 times in my life of teaching and walked away. His son then walked up to me and said " no one every stays for more then a week so u will have to prove it" I donít know about u guys but man that first year was Hell!!!! The man was untouchable or so it seemed. To even start learning from him u had to do stance training for a year. And Im not talking about cheap stances and talking about 90 degree angle on horse stance feet pointing forward knees out, Very difficult. For those of you who donít know, Eagle's Claw kung fu is known for its 108 locking techniques. Basically 108 ways to rip tendons ligaments bones etc. (Look it up). That first year we went to a MA seminar and my instructor was chosen to fight every student and Teacher there, in a row no breaks for 2 minutes each. That was the day that I truly fell in love with kung fu. One of the styles he used that day was Phoenix Eyes. Thatís why I choose this post. I wish everyone was there to experience what I saw. Not one person there could take him. Iíve seen Snake, Drunken and Phoenix Eyes, Mostly eagle claw, but I was to new to interpret too much. I have never seen a man jump 10 feet in the air and kick a basketball rim, purely unnatural. If anyone wants to hear more let me know I will tell u about the training and tell u about all the different styles I have fought since that day. Itís just unbelievable Im incredibly fast thanks to special training techniques I have endured and till this day he gets every nasty technique he got in on me 8 years ago. For a minute there I thought That I wasn't progressing. He used to tell me that the reason why I feel like Iím not progressing is because the better I, he just keeps picking it up a notch; so, it seems like im still at the same level. Then one day he proved it. We decided to go to different kung fu dojos so he can show me how good I was. WOW!!! Amazing I fought wing Chun, Hung gar, tiger, Crane etc. All I can see is weaknesses and openings. Iím not conceded Iím extremely humble never ever hurt someone I have sparred. My instructor Said " Its a beautiful thing to be able to throw a kick at a hundred miles an hour and watch them freeze on spot then tap them softer then a mosquito landing on your skin". Phoenix eye is similar, well not quite it hurts a little but with control u can spar with it. Everything takes getting use to. U have to remember if u donít train on live movement, and always train on the points on a dummy, u will get rusty , and find it much more difficult when trying to hit a live moving target. Repetition is the key in sparring. Any questions or comments please feel free. Iím not discriminating on styles im just giving me story thanks for listening.

#206906 - 11/21/05 01:51 PM Re: EaglesClaw Kung Fu So as Advanced Kung fu Post [Re: Snakeineaglesnes]
1neikoot Offline

Loc: Candy Land
WHY DID YOU POST TWICE?

#206907 - 11/21/05 08:56 PM Re: EaglesClaw Kung Fu So as Advanced Kung fu Post [Re: 1neikoot]
ButterflyPalm Offline
Enigma

Loc: Malaysia
Quote:

WHY DID YOU POST TWICE?

He could have posted 108 times.

#206908 - 11/21/05 10:01 PM Re: EaglesClaw Kung Fu So as Advanced Kung fu Post [Re: ButterflyPalm]
1neikoot Offline

Loc: Candy Land
He could have posted 108 times.

And yet, he did'nt have to

By the way, in case you did'nt notice his post is 1 thread below this one

Edited by 1neikoot (11/21/05 10:02 PM)

#206909 - 11/21/05 10:27 PM Re: EaglesClaw Kung Fu So as Advanced Kung fu Post [Re: 1neikoot]
Snakeineaglesnes Offline

I made a different thread on it because not all people are interested in advanced kung fu; Therefore, would probably never read my post.

#206910 - 11/21/05 11:29 PM Re: EaglesClaw Kung Fu So as Advanced Kung fu Post [Re: Snakeineaglesnes]
BrianS Offline
Higher rank than you
Professional Poster

Loc: Northwest Arkansas
Snake,

Welcome to the forums. Don't worry,if you type it,they will read.

#206911 - 11/21/05 11:37 PM Re: EaglesClaw Kung Fu So as Advanced Kung fu Post [Re: BrianS]
Snakeineaglesnes Offline

Thanks GrassHopper! oooh and Butterfly thats a Good one 108 times Very funny

#206912 - 11/21/05 11:51 PM Re: EaglesClaw Kung Fu So as Advanced Kung fu Post [Re: Snakeineaglesnes]
Taison Offline
The Forum Dragon
Professional Poster

Loc: BKK, Thailand
Welcome to the circus, we got a wide selection of martial artists that are able to share their experience with you.

I was very interested in your story, although it hurt my eyes trying to read one really long paragraph, it was good and I'm happy there's someone in the world out there who still believes, like I do, Kung-fu is not a sissy art to be trifled with.

Welcome and make yourself at home,
-Taison out

#206913 - 11/22/05 01:37 AM Re: EaglesClaw Kung Fu So as Advanced Kung fu Post [Re: Snakeineaglesnes]
ButterflyPalm Offline
Enigma

Loc: Malaysia
Quote:

Thanks GrassHopper! oooh and Butterfly thats a Good one 108 times Very funny

Obviously Ineikoot didn't get it.

His Kung Fu is not advanced enough

#206914 - 11/22/05 01:15 PM Re: EaglesClaw Kung Fu So as Advanced Kung fu Post [Re: Snakeineaglesnes]
Neko456 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Midwest City, Ok, USA
Great post I'm glad you are enjoying and experincing success and strength from your Chuan-fa. Eagel Claw is reputed as being a very effective art and it seems you study with a true Master that trains it and lives it.

You mentioned that his son and U use to be the good friends did that change after you started training it should enhanced the friendship. What happened?

And in your sparring are these other practictioners too slow or just leave too many openings, while in offensive stages. Is this continous sparring or points.

Advance training in any Chuan-fa/art is Advance Kung-fu.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Cord, Gavin, JasonM, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Ryukyu Art
Artifacts from the Ryukyu Kingdom missing since WWII. Visit www.ShisaLion.Org to view pictures

Best Stun Guns
Self Defense Products-stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and more

Surveillance 4U
Complete surveillance systems for covert operations or secure installation security

Asylum Images
Book presents photo tour of the Trans-Allegany Lunatic Asylum. A must if you're going to take a ghost tour!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga