FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 27 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SenseiGregT, sagat, JFawkes, pluckysaga39, sgtdemeo
22911 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
AndyLA 5
Dobbersky 5
Ed_Morris 4
ergees 3
futsaowingchun 3
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
New Topics
2014 World Championships Chelyabinsk: The Gallery
by ergees
Yesterday at 03:51 AM
Biu Tzu- Snake hand strike
by futsaowingchun
08/27/14 09:02 PM
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
08/20/14 09:54 PM
2013 World Championship Rio: The Gallery (HD)
by ergees
08/19/14 05:22 AM
Chi Sao demonstration
by futsaowingchun
08/14/14 10:57 PM
Decent Fight channel
by FrankyFruits
08/07/14 09:19 PM
2014 European Championships Cadets Athens: Videos
by ergees
08/07/14 10:00 AM
Life goes on....
by Dobbersky
08/07/14 05:59 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:14 AM
Recent Posts
2014 World Championships Chelyabinsk: The Gallery
by ergees
Yesterday at 03:51 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by Zombie Zero
08/29/14 10:50 PM
mindfullness meditation
by log1call
08/28/14 02:39 AM
Biu Tzu- Snake hand strike
by futsaowingchun
08/27/14 09:02 PM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Ed_Morris
08/26/14 09:58 PM
The Karate punch
by Ed_Morris
08/26/14 09:27 PM
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
08/20/14 09:54 PM
2013 World Championship Rio: The Gallery (HD)
by ergees
08/19/14 05:22 AM
attacked from behind
by AndyLA
08/16/14 04:59 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by VDJ
08/15/14 05:46 PM
Forum Stats
22911 Members
36 Forums
35573 Topics
432484 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#205883 - 11/22/05 11:52 PM Re: reputation points [Re: boxing_kid]
BrianS Offline
Higher rank than you
Professional Poster

Loc: Northwest Arkansas
boxing kid,

Are you reading the replies?

Where did Dereck say you shouldn't be giving suggestions? Are you always this easily offended? He said just stick around and find out whos reputable or not,nothing else.

Matt is being nice and I think you are taking advantage of that. He gave you a warning about personal attacks and language. I hope you don't need any further action.
Play nice and enjoy the forums.

#205884 - 11/23/05 01:04 AM Re: reputation points [Re: boxing_kid]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Loc: Great White North
boxing-kid, this was not meant as a personal attack, and maybe I should have explained it better. When entering somebody's house before you make any suggestions as how they should change things you should get to know them better. I was simply trying to say try things out for a time and you may find things are just right the way they are. If later when you have given it enough time and you still feel that way then feel free to make your suggestions. I felt that 24 posts was not sufficient amount of time to really give it a chance.

Did I have a bad day? No. Am I trying to be a d1ck to you because you are new? No. Who am I to tell you that you can't make a suggestions? I didn't say you can't make any suggestions I justed "suggested" that you hadn't been on here long enough to actually get to know the site ... and I'm a nobody just like you.

You are right, I shouldn't have answered your post but I am glad now that I did as I think that you have shown your true nature. You are a kid which is fine but you should be respectful when entering another's house and those that are in it. And respectfully ... if you took offense to my earlier post I apologize. I am old enough to do so.

#205885 - 11/23/05 01:21 AM Re: reputation points [Re: boxing_kid]
laf7773 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Limbo
There are some things i would like to clear up here. The first is there is no such thing as "MY thread". When you start a thread here it becomes public domain and can be viewed and replied to by all. Post all the disclaimers you want but anyone can participate. What everyone does have to do is follow the rules. I personally don't care if you get [censored] about a reply to one of your posts so long as your reply stays within the boundaries of the forum rules.

Secondly replacing a letter in a word with a number that resembles it in order to slip a curse word past the system also isn't allowed. It's still profanity and against the rules.

Lastly no one is taking Derek's side because he's been here longer, specifically. Although it does have some play in the matter. It's not so much his time here as it is his behavior while he has been here. There are a few members who have been here for quite a while but tend to be abrasive and argumentative. People don't get preferred treatment here based on how long they have been here or how many posts they have, but people who have shown themselves to be a valuable member based on their behavior and interaction with others will have my full support in certain issues.

No one here is "missing the point" but you. No one told you not to make suggestions. No one attacked you. People have simply made observations and suggestions of their own. I have another suggestion for you; if you find yourself upset at a response take a breath and step away from the keyboard for a bit. Then reply with a cooler head and stay within the rules. You may have gotten off on the wrong foot but it's nothing that can't be fixed. I've seen a few new people come in with an attitude but end up sticking around and being productive.

#205886 - 11/23/05 11:15 AM Re: reputation points [Re: laf7773]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Loc: York PA. USA
Quote by laff7773 -

Quote:

People don't get preferred treatment here based on how long they have been here or how many posts they have, but people who have shown themselves to be a valuable member based on their behavior and interaction with others will have my full support in certain issues

Quote:

if you find yourself upset at a response take a breath and step away from the keyboard for a bit. Then reply with a cooler head and stay within the rules. You may have gotten off on the wrong foot but it's nothing that can't be fixed. I've seen a few new people come in with an attitude but end up sticking around and being productive.

Really beautifully put, laf. That was exactly what I was trying to say.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Stun Guns
Variety of stun gun devices for your protection

Buy Pepper Spray
Worry about your family when you’re not around? Visit us today to protect everything you value.

Koryu.com
Accurate information on the ancient martial traditions of the Japanese samurai

C2 Taser
Protect yourself and loved ones from CRIME with the latest C2 Taser citizen model. Very effective.

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga