FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 30 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
LeroyCFischer, JadeKing, Beefcake, WesJones, simonajones111
22933 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
futsaowingchun 2
charlie 2
Matakiant 1
ergees 1
William_Bent 1
November
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
New Topics
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
I gained a lot of month in the last few months
by simonajones111
11/19/14 04:54 AM
Siu Lin Tao-3rd section applications
by futsaowingchun
11/13/14 06:48 PM
Screen fighting course UK December 2014
by charlie
11/11/14 04:09 PM
Siu Lin Tao-1st section Pak Sao explanations
by futsaowingchun
11/09/14 10:30 PM
I spy kata bunkai..
by GojuRyuboy13
10/29/14 08:28 AM
Judo 2014 World Championships Juniors: The Gallery
by ergees
10/25/14 04:53 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
MA style video library
by
03/22/06 03:18 PM
Recent Posts
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
I gained a lot of month in the last few months
by simonajones111
11/19/14 04:54 AM
Siu Lin Tao-3rd section applications
by futsaowingchun
11/13/14 06:48 PM
Screen fighting course UK December 2014
by charlie
11/11/14 04:09 PM
MA style video library
by charlie
11/11/14 04:05 PM
Siu Lin Tao-1st section Pak Sao explanations
by futsaowingchun
11/09/14 10:30 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/29/14 10:01 PM
I spy kata bunkai..
by GojuRyuboy13
10/29/14 08:28 AM
Judo 2014 World Championships Juniors: The Gallery
by ergees
10/25/14 04:53 PM
Forum Stats
22933 Members
36 Forums
35589 Topics
432521 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#201838 - 12/02/05 05:53 PM Re: can TKD be used to take on mutiple attackers? [Re: LameDojoHater]
trevek Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Poland
Quote:

No offense but it's really dissapointing to see practitioners doubt their own abilities agianst a single attacker.

Hey, Tank Abbot's outside waiting for you cos he heard you called him a pussy... Now, I know you aint doubting your abilities!

Supporting everyone saying "nuts to cancer"

#201839 - 12/02/05 06:05 PM Re: can TKD be used to take on mutiple attackers? [Re: trevek]
trevek Offline
Professional Poster

Having worked as a barman I've seen a couple of fights and mopped up after one or two. Bottles, glasses, ash-trays all come into play. Where I lived in Glasgow knives and bottles were a common reality (not an alternative one). Sharpened nail files strapped to the hand weren't unknown either.

Multiple attackers? Might not all come at once but they can circle until there's an opening and then when one goes in the others follow quickly. Result: bring the Irish bagpipes and it'd be like a Riverdance show!!

And football (soccer) was a big cause of fights! Lamedojohater would be right at home.

#201840 - 12/02/05 06:16 PM Re: can TKD be used to take on mutiple attackers? [Re: PaulGenge]
Leo_E_49 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: California
Quote:

A crowd or group that get involved in an attack don't often go for the restraint, then hit approach (That is what martial artists might try). Usually one person in the group starts the assault with posturing then striking. As the rest of the group see that he is doing ok they feel more confident and join in. Once the victim is on the floor they all join in.

Paul Genge

I was giving examples, when it comes to creative human beings, anything can happen.

#201841 - 12/03/05 02:07 AM Re: can TKD be used to take on mutiple attackers? [Re: Zombie Zero]
LameDojoHater Offline

Quote:

Not only is he a VTG, he's an art-basher.

A green belt who knows all about what BBs should be (and should not be) doing. Sweet.

Remember the "Martial Artist Personalities" list? This guy fits nearly every category. 'The Interpreter', 'The Assistant Instructor', and most certainly 'The Natural'.

MAKE HIM UKE!!!

I don't even know what most of those things are, but I get what you're saying. I'd rather be a good practitioner than someone who merely has a belt due to showing up to class all the time.

As for this "lowly GB" saying what a BB should do...

It used to be that whenever I saw someone wearing a BB I had instant respect for them. My first two instructors were great, and truly deserved the rank. They did all their moves with great power and technique.

But now I see certian BB's do a sidekick as if it's a roundkick, and I shake my head. I see certian BB's that can't even touch their toes, and I shake my head. So you'll have to forgive me if I sound like a know it all ass.

#201842 - 12/03/05 02:11 AM Re: can TKD be used to take on mutiple attackers? [Re: trevek]
LameDojoHater Offline

Quote:

Quote:

No offense but it's really dissapointing to see practitioners doubt their own abilities agianst a single attacker.

Hey, Tank Abbot's outside waiting for you cos he heard you called him a pussy... Now, I know you aint doubting your abilities!

Who's abbot? Now unless he's an eight foot tall mongoloid then, no I am not doubting my abilities.

#201843 - 12/03/05 02:27 AM Re: can TKD be used to take on mutiple attackers? [Re: LameDojoHater]
butterfly Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Torrance, CA
LDH,

Do a google on Tank Abbot. MMA fighter. Tough. Big.

Also, dude, let's get off the berating of those that you dismiss at your school. They might very well be bad, but what's all the irritation about? A little envy, rank jealousy?

If there is a legitimate reason you dislike training there, don't. If they're not good enough, find elsewhere that is better.

If you are concerned about someone who has a BB but seems to be a slouch in his practice..dude...concentrate on your own practice and get better.

Look, you put up a post that considered fights betweend a six grader and a fourth grader. Man, I have know people stabbed in fights, your understanding of real martial arts (the benefits and what it can and can't do for one) is small indeed, judging by these posts.

Your age creeps through to underscore your background and knowledge. Why don't you practice for a decade and then ask these same questions of your older self and see what answers you get?

Until then, you are talking lunchroom chinanegans and expecting this to be real life.

-B

#201844 - 12/03/05 02:58 AM Re: can TKD be used to take on mutiple attackers? [Re: LameDojoHater]
trevek Offline
Professional Poster

Quote:

Who's abbot? Now unless he's an eight foot tall mongoloid

He's not Mongolian, but if he was you should also be worried (ever seen a Mongolian wrestler at work?). I'm giving you then benefit of the doubt that that was what you meant and not using some schoolyard insult aimed at Downs syndrome.

#201845 - 12/03/05 02:05 PM Re: can TKD be used to take on mutiple attackers? [Re: Yaze]
matxtx Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: england
its nice to see an earlier post with someone sharing the view that TKD is alot about power.iv said it on other forums and in talks with others and i get laughed at or slated.oh well.

i think the footwork and fitness would help as youd definitly have to keep moving.i dont think kicking would though.to keep moving ,kicking would slow you too much so its hands all the way.id say pile in and hit anything that moves as hard as possible with hand strikes/punches and keep moving.this is assuming you cant get away yet and the fight is unavoidable.

#201846 - 12/03/05 05:06 PM Re: can TKD be used to take on mutiple attackers? [Re: matxtx]
Subedei Offline

Move constantly, don't let them surround you, try to make them get in each others way,don't focus on one at a time

attacks that can hit multiple opponents without putting your foot down are nice. Two opponents in front of you for instance, using your right leg you can use a front kick on the left then smack the other with a sidekick.

#201847 - 12/24/05 03:40 PM Re: can TKD be used to take on mutiple attackers? [Re: Yaze]
TeK9 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Northern California, USA
Hi. The answer is yes, tkd can be used against multiple attackers. Infact every MA style can be used against multiple attackers. But it greatly depends on how you train. For instance did your school train for multiple attackers?
Also you have to look at the situation, where are you, what are you surroundings, what time is it? is it night or day. Remember the best defense is a good offense meaning, you should make your move first specially against multiple attackers. Your first technique could be RUNNING as far away as you can, however if that option is closed to you, then strike first, and strike hard no mercy, notice I said strike, meaning chops to the throat, finger jabs to the eyes, palm strikes to the nose, short kicks to the knees or groin. Situations like this should be covered in class otherwise it can be extremely difficult to defend yourself when the reality sets in. You may not be in the right frame of mind. This can be said about all martial artist from w/e art they practice.

p.s. Remember it's better to be judge by 12 (panel of jury) than to be carried by 6 (funeral bearers)
"Do or do not...there is no try" -Yoda
Vinci

Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Self Defense
Offering stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and other self defense products not available in stores.

Pepper Spray
Online distributor of self defense supplies like videos, stun guns, Tasers and more.

Spy Cameras
Surveillance, Hidden Cameras, Nanny Cams, Digital Recorders, Spy Equipment, Pocket DVR's and more

Stun Gun
Wholesale Directlhy to the Public! Stun gun and Taser Guns and personal protection products. Keep your loved ones at home safe!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga