FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TomRosenberg, jessylin, play, Keith_G, LeroyCFischer
22937 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
jwwmantis 2
Zombie Zero 1
Beefcake 1
LeroyCFischer 1
futsaowingchun 1
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
New Topics
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
12/17/14 09:40 PM
2015 Master Yang Jwing-Ming Seminar
by jwwmantis
12/05/14 10:36 PM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by
12/27/06 11:43 AM
Your true goal
by
03/03/06 07:16 AM
Recent Posts
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
12/17/14 09:40 PM
Your true goal
by Beefcake
12/11/14 02:44 AM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by LeroyCFischer
12/04/14 02:07 AM
Forum Stats
22937 Members
36 Forums
35591 Topics
432526 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 5 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14 >
Topic Options
#201572 - 01/24/06 12:34 PM Re: The worst possible students....EVER [Re: ShikataGaNai]
Eveal Offline
the freshmaker

Quote:

i've heard this one before. a guy told me he wouldn't shake my hand or knuckle up or anything because he was worried about me robbing his chi. he got upset when i asked him if he robs himself when he takes a shower.

LOL! I fell out of the chair with this one.

*Before I started to teach my instructor was head of the junior division at our school. I remember this one kid in there that would try to hit people in sparring with the "Tornado Technique". He would have his arms straight out and spin like crazy trying to hit people with it until our very best student sidekicked him into a wall. I felt bad for the kid but he didnt last that long anyways.*

Sadly enough we run a strict school and alot of people weed out very quickly with our rules. I have seen some funny things students do but thats a whole new thread.

#201573 - 01/24/06 12:41 PM Re: The worst possible students....EVER [Re: Eveal]
funstick5000 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: West Yorkshire, England
please will you make that thread. i get the feeling you've got some pretty funny stories up your sleeve.

#201574 - 01/25/06 10:55 PM Re: The worst possible students....EVER [Re: funstick5000]
KarlHTKDSTUDENT Offline

Worst I ever had was a kid who left when his mom came, and a arogant kid who used his training to beat up younger kids than him at school, but i got to straighten him out in sparring lol !

#201575 - 01/26/06 11:27 AM Re: The worst possible students....EVER [Re: KarlHTKDSTUDENT]
Vivier Offline

The worst I have ever seen is a guy who would sweat buckets while we would be doing techniques (Aikido) you couldnt even hold onto his wrist because it was so slippery or when he would pin you and you were on the ground you could feel the sweat run off of him and hit you in the back off the head. another was this kid who just went along with everything didnt put any restraint or any strength making alot of the moves difficult for some reason it just got frustrating because he was like a dead fish.

#201576 - 01/28/06 11:25 AM Re: The worst possible students....EVER [Re: Vivier]
jamestkdkungfu Offline

there was this one guy who joined and i had known him since he was 5 now he is 16 he started doing kindai bujitsu (new solely self defence martial art in nova scotia) anyways we have been trying for 5 months how to reverse punch he still doesnt have a clue...even the inserctor is confused and he is an excellent teacher...

#201577 - 01/28/06 06:31 PM Re: The worst possible students....EVER [Re: jamestkdkungfu]
Raul Perez Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Lake Ronkonkoma, NY, USA
*about 3 months ago one of my instructors was teaching a student privately and then asked me to take him...as he was getting too busy with work (or as the lie goes ) turns out the kid was a nightmare! would run around screaming, wouldnt stay still, would just sit down and pout "I DONT LIKE KARATE"... oh and laid down while running in a circle (Homer Simpson Style). came to a point where I looked up at the father and asked him to step on the floor to receive some instruction since his son was not willing. He declined and he paid for one more private lesson. He showed up for the last lesson and I basically "beat" his son with a foam bopper the whole 30min. of course I gave the kid one too (did him little good MUUUHAHAHA)

*had one woman join who was just a little off if you know what I mean. Completely uncoordinated. Punched herself in the face doing a double block. And always clearing her throat in a weird way. Always asked the "What If" questions.

*had one guy come in the club who was also a little off personality wise. Never really listened to the instructors regarding form and structure as he had taken Aikido previously. Didnt pass his orange belt exam (2nd belt) because of this. My instructor at the time (a woman) took him aside privately when I wasnt there and told him he had failed but will give him a chance to make it up. Turns out he freaked out on her in a very uncomfortable way. Her husband (also my instructor) told me what happened and said if he comes back that I had to Bogu him with extreme prejudice since I was the senior student. Luckily he never returned.

not as good as the others but thats all I got.

#201578 - 01/28/06 08:26 PM Re: The worst possible students....EVER [Re: Raul Perez]
Enray Offline

Loc: Tennessee
I don't teach, but Ihave helped out the lower belts with their katas. We've never really had any trouble. Except for when one kid attacked his teacher with nunchaku outside of the class. After that, we stopped selling real nunchaku and just sold the training pair.

#201579 - 02/01/06 07:46 AM Re: The worst possible students....EVER [Re: Enray]
Eveal Offline
the freshmaker

I remember this one kid that came to our class. I really think this kid was sheltered from the outside world because he didn't know how to act around people. His favorite thing to say was "I was wondering" no matter what the situation was he had to wonder something about it. Well this kid would over commit all of his technique so bad that it just made him look sloppy and pointless. I think the kid just thought he looked so cool in a Gi lol. Well the last straw was when I was working with him on some Ippon Kumite and I was being very impatient with him because of his disrespect for the ranks and talking out of turn and things. I was working him on his punching and I told him to punch forward and keep his shoulders square. He over commited again and punched me right in the nose. I felt my body started boiling and I got mad actually very mad because my face was no where near where his fist should have went so I took him off the mat and told him "You have a lack of discipline and no control and you never listen to a word I say. I told him I was about 3 seconds from putting his face in the ground (I know, bad Sensei). I could see with this kid after all the attempts to teach him that it was a waste of my time. He left and never came back but it was for the best.

He was a teenager not a kid so don't mistake that lol.

#201580 - 02/01/06 07:51 AM Re: The worst possible students....EVER [Re: Eveal]
Gavin Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Southend, Essex, UK
Your sig quote might have helped you in that situation!

Quote:

Be "Water" my friend!

#201581 - 02/01/06 11:27 PM Re: The worst possible students....EVER [Re: Ed_Morris]
Ronin1966 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: East Coast, United States
Lets see...

The huge fellow who practiced at 350% in class from warmup onward (directly caused by his badge & gun profession) and injured too many to name...

The young man who came through the door and having watched for all of an hour speaking with the head instructor proclaimed aloud "...that technique would never work... and he's doing it wrong..." He stayed for years afterward...

The angry little boy who refused to understand why we didn't get to the REAL jumping, flying, kicking techniques like on TV and spent all this time doing stupid boring drills...

The young boy who literally could not be silent for 60 seconds...ever! All kinds of techniques, all kinds of situations... techniques used to prevent it, not a single one ever worked.

There could be lots...
J

Page 5 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14 >

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, McSensei, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Ryukyu Art
Artifacts from the Ryukyu Kingdom missing since WWII. Visit www.ShisaLion.Org to view pictures

Best Stun Guns
Self Defense Products-stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and more

Surveillance 4U
Complete surveillance systems for covert operations or secure installation security

Asylum Images
Book presents photo tour of the Trans-Allegany Lunatic Asylum. A must if you're going to take a ghost tour!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga