FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 18 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
old1, Leonar, ManLar, Vimido, raya
22925 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Ronin1966 3
futsaowingchun 3
GojuRyuboy13 2
AndyLA 1
Victor Smith 1
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
New Topics
The Classic Pak Sao drill
by futsaowingchun
10/20/14 10:32 AM
wing chun kicks and knees
by futsaowingchun
10/09/14 12:55 AM
2014 European Championships Juniors: the Gallery
by ergees
10/05/14 10:56 AM
Tan,Bong,Fuk & Wu Sao
by futsaowingchun
09/30/14 12:10 AM
Living a full life violence free...
by GojuRyuboy13
09/25/14 08:50 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Leo's Judo Journal
by Leo_E_49
01/24/12 02:58 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by
05/13/07 08:02 AM
Recent Posts
Living a full life violence free...
by GojuRyuboy13
10/22/14 07:20 AM
The Classic Pak Sao drill
by futsaowingchun
10/20/14 10:32 AM
Leo's Judo Journal
by swordy
10/11/14 09:21 AM
The Karate punch
by Ronin1966
10/09/14 03:16 PM
wing chun kicks and knees
by futsaowingchun
10/09/14 12:55 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Ronin1966
10/08/14 09:22 PM
2014 European Championships Juniors: the Gallery
by ergees
10/05/14 10:56 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by AndyLA
10/04/14 10:20 AM
Tan,Bong,Fuk & Wu Sao
by futsaowingchun
09/30/14 12:10 AM
Forum Stats
22925 Members
36 Forums
35582 Topics
432510 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#198480 - 11/01/05 11:14 AM Re: Throwing Big Guys [Re: Kintama]
h2whoa Offline

Loc: Fiji
Quote:

ok, I'll explain.
bowing:
you've been told several times that your constant bowing is annoying, since you have not heeded this feedback, it is considered disrespectful....therefore your bowing is a fair taget of ridicule.

If you say so, just ignore it! No one will impose their will on me, I will bow when and where I choose, like it or lump it, I will not stop it! Maybe you could stop being so childish about it! Even after fighting my worst enemy, I would bow respectfully!

You still have not clarified the section of your post that I enquired about, if you do not do so in your next post I will have no choice but to go to admin!!

Quote:

smaller vs. larger argument:
The topic has been covered ad-nauseum. do a search. If you live in a world with the same laws of physics, then a big guy will be harder to throw than a small guy and dramatically affects technique when comparring the two extremes. To say there is 'no difference' is naive. and once again, subject to a chuckle.

Where in my posts did I say it was easy, hell no its not easy, it is however possible, but only with training and proper technique and form! Did you read all of my posts, or just the bits that fit these attacks! Do you agree with my staements about Judo at its core
Quote:

Judo was not originally designed to defend yourself against only the same sized opponents, if a larger opponent came at you, you could engage. Judo is first and formost a SD MA!
Judokas dont think "I cant win hes to big", they step up and take him to the ground. If they thought this way, you and I would not be practising Judo because it would have died out. Seriously who attacks people bigger than them? How many more people attack smaller opponents? Can you see where I am heading! Your assailant in real life situation will almost always be bigger than you! I think I am safe from 50kg men (I am a 130kg). What about women Judoka, they would be attacked by men, almost always the men would be bigger and stronger....is Judo not practical for them then?

Can you answer these questions! With more than a yes no type answer!

Quote:

I'll make a deal with you...you try lighening up and I'll try ignoring your posts....fair?

It doesnt bother me, what you do! once more do not try to impose your will on me!

Quote:

Admin: please don't put me in the cell with the big guy!

What cell??? I will not tolerate any further personal attacks from you, and intend on reporting everyone of them!

*bows respectfully*

#198481 - 11/01/05 11:42 AM Re: Throwing Big Guys [Re: h2whoa]
Kintama Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Massachusetts
last try. explaination of the comment that went over your head while you were bowing: There is a running joke in the US, that if a little guy is put into a big guy's jail cell, it will often result in the little guy 'bowing' to the big guys every demand. If you still don't get it, then by all means, ask the admin to explain it to you. (make sure you include my full comment...it's funnier that way)

Judo, as it is taught in the vast majority of dojos today, is taught as sport. sports have weight classes for a reason. But since you know it's true intent, SD application and the advantages of being from krypton, then size is not a factor in your Art, so I stand corrected.

#198482 - 11/01/05 11:56 AM Re: Throwing Big Guys [Re: Kintama]
h2whoa Offline

Loc: Fiji
Quote:

last try. explaination of the comment that went over your head while you were bowing: There is a running joke in the US, that if a little guy is put into a big guy's jail cell, it will often result in the little guy 'bowing' to the big guys every demand. If you still don't get it, then by all means, ask the admin to explain it to you. (make sure you include my full comment...it's funnier that way)

Some sort of homosexual ribbing! That is the only thing I am gathering! That is offensive! Are you implying then that I am a homosexual, that goes against my catholic sensibilities, and is very immature!!

Quote:

Judo, as it is taught in the vast majority of dojos today, is taught as sport. sports have weight classes for a reason.

Then what you learn in a vast majority of Dojos, is merely wrestling. If you learn no SD you are only learning a small portion of what the art truly is, like learning bunkai with every second movement of the Kata, next youll be telling me the majority of dojos dont practice Judo Kata!

Quote:

But since you know it's true intent, SD application and the advantages of being from krypton, then size is not a factor in your Art, so I stand corrected.

Again with the sarcasm, very immature!! Not wanting to answer my questions, maybe its because your answers wouldnt suit your arguments!!

I am now contacting admin, and i choose to ignore you!
*bows respectfully*

Edited by h2whoa (11/01/05 11:57 AM)

#198483 - 11/01/05 12:02 PM Re: Throwing Big Guys [Re: h2whoa]
Kintama Offline
Professional Poster

whatever dude. knock yourself out.

#198484 - 11/01/05 01:22 PM Re: Throwing Big Guys [Re: Kintama]
oldman Offline
Professional Poster

Gentlemen,
We can do better than this. I will be in contact with both of you.

#198485 - 11/01/05 02:12 PM Re: Throwing Big Guys [Re: oldman]
Kintama Offline
Professional Poster

I started the trouble. sorry for trashing this thread people.
*bows respectfully*

#198486 - 11/02/05 06:34 AM Re: Throwing Big Guys [Re: Kintama]
RobNus Offline

Loc: Dublin, Ireland
jeez lads, where is the love? all this bickering is pointless. i do agree that most judo is taught as sport, but there are some schools that teach it as SD. the weight classes aspect of the sport judo is to make everything "fair" and sportsmanlike.

but the SD aspect has to make you ready for everything. its still not easy to throw big guys, but it can be done. just takes practice.

this has gotten all out of hand. it was a nice little discussion about throwing giants, and turned into this [censored] fight.

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, Fletch1, MattJ, Reiki, Taison 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Ryukyu Art
Artifacts from the Ryukyu Kingdom missing since WWII. Visit www.ShisaLion.Org to view pictures

Best Stun Guns
Self Defense Products-stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and more

Surveillance 4U
Complete surveillance systems for covert operations or secure installation security

Asylum Images
Book presents photo tour of the Trans-Allegany Lunatic Asylum. A must if you're going to take a ghost tour!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga