FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 46 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SenseiGregT, sagat, JFawkes, pluckysaga39, sgtdemeo
22911 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Dobbersky 6
AndyLA 5
Ed_Morris 4
futsaowingchun 3
VDJ 2
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
New Topics
Biu Tzu- Snake hand strike
by futsaowingchun
08/27/14 09:02 PM
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
08/20/14 09:54 PM
2013 World Championship Rio: The Gallery (HD)
by ergees
08/19/14 05:22 AM
Chi Sao demonstration
by futsaowingchun
08/14/14 10:57 PM
Decent Fight channel
by FrankyFruits
08/07/14 09:19 PM
2014 European Championships Cadets Athens: Videos
by ergees
08/07/14 10:00 AM
Life goes on....
by Dobbersky
08/07/14 05:59 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:14 AM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Recent Posts
** Introduce Yourself! **
by Zombie Zero
Yesterday at 10:50 PM
mindfullness meditation
by log1call
08/28/14 02:39 AM
Biu Tzu- Snake hand strike
by futsaowingchun
08/27/14 09:02 PM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Ed_Morris
08/26/14 09:58 PM
The Karate punch
by Ed_Morris
08/26/14 09:27 PM
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
08/20/14 09:54 PM
2013 World Championship Rio: The Gallery (HD)
by ergees
08/19/14 05:22 AM
attacked from behind
by AndyLA
08/16/14 04:59 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by VDJ
08/15/14 05:46 PM
Chi Sao demonstration
by futsaowingchun
08/14/14 10:57 PM
Forum Stats
22911 Members
36 Forums
35572 Topics
432483 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#195504 - 10/23/05 10:14 AM Re: "The She Hulk" [Re: SANCHIN31]
RangerG Offline
Former Moderator

Loc: Chester County, Pennsylvania
Ah, but my friend, the level escalated, and thus you responded. I would concede that long term antagonism must be delt with, but a better place and time favorable to you should be chosen. I understand your point as I was picked on in grade school myself. I gather how I am presenting my opinion is flawed. I guess I am saying that dealing with bullies is much like tilting at windmills...to borrow a literary example. There will always be bullies, ignore the minor ones, resist the moderate ones, and kick the @ss of the hostile ones...in an appropriate location if possible.

If I have failed to make my point clear, the fault is mine.

#195505 - 10/23/05 10:17 AM Re: "The She Hulk" [Re: RangerG]
SANCHIN31 Offline
Former Moderator

Loc: Arkansas, U.S.
I see what you are getting at. I still think she acted appropriately. It's not like she bashed his head in and he initiated it.

#195506 - 10/23/05 06:35 PM Re: "The She Hulk" [Re: SANCHIN31]
h2whoa Offline

Loc: Fiji
Quote:

Quote:

You must learn to be bigger than the enemy!! In this case you were wrong, untill attacked (I doubt a ruler to the side would cause grevious bodily harm), never respond. You are only feeding the monster. What if his friends/girlfriend hit you from the back or stabbed you with a cafeteria utensil!! Think carefully before acting!! Sanchin, you should know better than to encourage violence!

Do you have some kind of superiority complex or something?
What if? What if? What if the principle would have thrown her our the third floor window? I think she did just fine. If you sit around and take it,it will get worse. Noone was hurt by her action except the bully's pride.
Yes goju girl,next time do nothing,just let the hyena's eat you.

h2whoa,
Get off your high horse,it's making me ill. I don't promote violence,but when someone acts on you,you don't just sit there and take it.
"Here comes the tyrant to raid the village!!!" "It's ok Martha, we're die hard pacifist til' the end. What if his buddies get us from behind when we fight back?"

*gags internally*

I felt that all avenues of defence were not exhausted. Yes I am a pacifist, that seems to offend you. Do you travel from post to post looking to make personal comments about me. I think you need a new hobby, it is rather boring sanchin. That sort of thing should be beneath you sanchin. I choose to ignore your personal comments.... goju girl this is what I mean by not feeding the monster. Goju girl when you fight with someone expect karma, generally in the form of him and his three big mates. When the tyrant raids the village....and you kill him, you sentence your family to death.
Only you know whether you were right or wrong, whether you had exhausted all possibilities of defending yourself in a non violent fashion. Did you think that maybe he likes you, boys are abit silly sometimes!!

*bows respectfully*

#195507 - 10/23/05 07:16 PM Re: "The She Hulk" [Re: h2whoa]
goju_girl Offline

Loc: Canada eh!
h2whoa,
I am not a pacifist so if we aren't seeing eye to eye on this let me know. For one thing, this punk kid was not exactly a tyrant or gangster so he really didn't have anyone backing him up on this (which is even more stupid than doing something like that to begin with) this was probably because he expected me to just sit there and take his crap (I guess I left him a little dissapointed ) and finally, if he "liked" me I don't think the proper way to go about it would be calling me "a fat ugly whore" do you? Sorry if I sound cynical or angry with this, but after everything happened people kept comming up to me asking me if I liked HIM! However I think I know where you're comming from with your post, you just kind of hit a soft spot there. So I'm sorry for any excess aggression emminating from this post it's directed at him (and FYI I had let go of the grudge until about the last day of grade eight when he wrote in my year book about what happened,and here's a hint it wasn't an apology. this time I did nothing)
-Nikki

#195508 - 10/23/05 07:26 PM Re: "The She Hulk" [Re: goju_girl]
funstick5000 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: West Yorkshire, England
yeah i'm a beliver in taking it out early. if a bully going to give you a load of crap fopr the forseeable future just get rid of them. i know i'd snap if i took a solid day of abuse from the same person, probably would have used that punch too.

i'm not a pacifist, sometimes violence is the answer, if its the only way to insert your own dominence over someone who thinks they dominate you, but in reality doesn't unless you let them.

#195509 - 10/23/05 07:55 PM Re: "The She Hulk" [Re: funstick5000]
h2whoa Offline

Quote:

yeah i'm a beliver in taking it out early. if a bully going to give you a load of crap fopr the forseeable future just get rid of them. i know i'd snap if i took a solid day of abuse from the same person, probably would have used that punch too.

i'm not a pacifist, sometimes violence is the answer, if its the only way to insert your own dominence over someone who thinks they dominate you, but in reality doesn't unless you let them.

Mahatma Gahndi drove out the most powerful government and military of the day, not by violence, but by making salt!!

*bows respectfully*

#195510 - 10/23/05 11:00 PM Re: "The She Hulk" [Re: h2whoa]
Leo_E_49 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: California
Not everyone can be Mahatma Ghandi, nor should everyone want to be.

#195511 - 10/24/05 05:14 PM Re: "The She Hulk" [Re: Leo_E_49]
h2whoa Offline

Quote:

h2whoa,
I am not a pacifist so if we aren't seeing eye to eye on this let me know. -Nikki

I dont think if we arent seeing "eye to eye" it is a problem nikki, feel free to state whatever you want to me and do not worry I will only draw you into a debate, I am not one of those who will be abusive towards you, everyone is entitled to an opinion, and to air them out.

Quote:

Not everyone can be Mahatma Ghandi, nor should everyone want to be.

True not everyone can be ghandi, but I think we should strive to follow the teachings of men like him, christ , bhudda ,martial arts were founded on religious principles, principles of love and tolerance and non violence!

*bows repectfully*

#195512 - 10/24/05 05:33 PM Re: "The She Hulk" [Re: h2whoa]
funstick5000 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: West Yorkshire, England
Quote:

True not everyone can be ghandi, but I think we should strive to follow the teachings of men like him, christ , bhudda ,martial arts were founded on religious principles, principles of love and tolerance and non violence!

*bows repectfully*

but martial arts would have been created because of violence to retaliate to it at first. the spiritual side comes later.

#195513 - 10/24/05 07:43 PM Re: "The She Hulk" [Re: h2whoa]
RangerG Offline
Former Moderator

Loc: Chester County, Pennsylvania
Quote:

Yes I am a pacifist, that seems to offend you. Do you travel from post to post looking to make personal comments about me. I think you need a new hobby, it is rather boring sanchin. That sort of thing should be beneath you sanchin. I choose to ignore your personal comments....

I hope that you will forgive me for interjecting an observation, and accept it in the respectful manner I intend it.

Your response appears not to embody the principles of pacifism, love and tolerance that you claim to hold so dear.

A point you may chose to reflect upon.

*Bow*

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, McSensei, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Ryukyu Art
Artifacts from the Ryukyu Kingdom missing since WWII. Visit www.ShisaLion.Org to view pictures

Best Stun Guns
Self Defense Products-stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and more

Surveillance 4U
Complete surveillance systems for covert operations or secure installation security

Asylum Images
Book presents photo tour of the Trans-Allegany Lunatic Asylum. A must if you're going to take a ghost tour!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga