FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 57 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TomRosenberg, jessylin, play, Keith_G, LeroyCFischer
22937 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
jwwmantis 2
Zombie Zero 1
harlan 1
Beefcake 1
LeroyCFischer 1
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
New Topics
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
Yesterday at 09:40 PM
2015 Master Yang Jwing-Ming Seminar
by jwwmantis
12/05/14 10:36 PM
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
I gained a lot of month in the last few months
by simonajones111
11/19/14 04:54 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by
12/27/06 11:43 AM
Your true goal
by
03/03/06 07:16 AM
Recent Posts
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
Yesterday at 09:40 PM
Your true goal
by Beefcake
12/11/14 02:44 AM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by LeroyCFischer
12/04/14 02:07 AM
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
I gained a lot of month in the last few months
by simonajones111
11/19/14 04:54 AM
Forum Stats
22937 Members
36 Forums
35591 Topics
432526 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#195121 - 10/19/05 03:01 PM Need healthier options for Speedy-Lunch
Zombie Zero Offline
Compliance & Liability
Veteran

Loc: Lorton, VA
I have a very busy schedule during the day, and at times, I can't get away from my desk long enough to eat a decent lunch. There are times when I have to eat something super quick and easy while I'm working.

Today, I had a Soup at Hand, a 5.5 oz bag of Gardetto's snack mix, and a 20 oz. Dr. Pepper. So basically, I ate the nutritional equivalent of a fistful of salt.

What do you all eat when you're on the go, with no time for a proper meal?

#195122 - 10/19/05 03:14 PM Re: Need healthier options for Speedy-Lunch [Re: Zombie Zero]
harlan Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Amherst, MA
Brown bagged leftovers from the dinner the night before. Cheap, quick/no fuss.

#195123 - 10/19/05 04:56 PM Re: Need healthier options for Speedy-Lunch [Re: Zombie Zero]
butterfly Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Torrance, CA
Zombie,

Takes only a little preperation...but generally, in one of the drawers in my desk I have a couple of apples and a bannana or two.

Also, a couple of protein bars. I usually like Odessy bars, because they taste better.

I used to weight lift a lot...before I got married...and just can't eat those protein bars that anymore...but they're a quick fix in lieu of many more non-nutritous things.

Also, I usually keep a tin of mixed nuts..non-salted..on my desk. If I can't find that, then lightly salted is OK.

I sometimes will get some low fat string cheese and keep that in the fridge at work along with some low fat, low carb yogurt.

Watch how many fistful of nuts you eat....the calorie content can be high, depending on how often you exercise and your general calorie consupmtion, but they do have nutritonal content.

One other recommedation is to lose the regular soda. Empty calories are a no-no. All sugar and no nutrional value...means to be consumed not too often.

There you go.

#195124 - 10/19/05 05:41 PM Re: Need healthier options for Speedy-Lunch [Re: Zombie Zero]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Loc: Cambridge UK.
Tupperware is your friend. Cook up some pasta in the evening, add some olives, pesto and a diced skinless roast chicken breast. Mix it all in an airtight plastic container, and stick it in the fridge overnight. Remember to take it with you to work in the morning (with a fork) stick it in your draw till lunch. Open, eat and enjoy. Whole thing takes 15-20 mins to prepare, including washing up.

#195125 - 10/19/05 06:39 PM Re: Need healthier options for Speedy-Lunch [Re: Cord]
voodooatl Offline

Loc: Georgia
lets see. I have some instant oatmeal for in the mornings. The coffee pot also has hot water - who knew.

Tuna in the bag, the little stake style ones are good - but I would not eat that all the time.

Lance crackers. OK not really good for you, but I like them

I have some of the usual powders as well, but I can't eat the bars as most taste way too bad. I have hade MREs that are better.

#195126 - 10/23/05 10:14 PM Re: Need healthier options for Speedy-Lunch [Re: voodooatl]
Alicia Offline

Loc: BC, Canada
I suggest leftovers. This works for me. I put some in a container, and I heat it up at work.
School's a different story. I usually have wraps because there isn't always a microwave available on my breaks if my classes are back to back.

#195127 - 10/24/05 12:54 AM Re: Need healthier options for Speedy-Lunch [Re: Zombie Zero]
laf7773 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Limbo
With the sale of an amazing product called a vacuum sealer you can have pretty much anything you want. Instead of tupperware containers i have a few vacuum containers. I make 2-3 healthy meals on the weekend (enough to last the week) and seal then in the containers then toss them in the fridge. They can actually stay fresh for weeks. I also dehydrate my own fruits and seal them in vacuum bags. There are new vacuum sealers on the market with an instant seal feature that prevents you from crushing softer foods.

Invest a couple hundred dollars in a vacuum sealer and a dehydrator and you will save a lot more on prepackaged foods and snacks. This is great for both low cal and low carb diets in addition to healthy snacks. You can make salads for the whole week with out the fear of the lettuce wilting.

The vacuum sealers range from $40 to $300. I advise getting one with the instant seal feature. Food dehydrators run about $50 and you can make your own dried fruits and jerky.

#195128 - 10/24/05 02:05 AM Re: Need healthier options for Speedy-Lunch [Re: laf7773]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Loc: Cambridge UK.
Great suggestion Laff!! I will look into whether these things are available in the uk for domestic ownership yet (we had one at the butchers shop i worked at when i was a kid).

#195129 - 10/24/05 06:49 AM Re: Need healthier options for Speedy-Lunch [Re: laf7773]
JasonM Offline
Professional Poster

Tks laf. I forgot all about vacuum sealers. They will even help on storing the food for the week. The tubber ware would take up soo much space.

tks..

#195130 - 10/25/05 12:51 AM Re: Need healthier options for Speedy-Lunch [Re: JasonM]
Alicia Offline

Loc: BC, Canada
Vacuum sealers? Why have I never heard of these? Where are they available? What are they? Some sort of machine, I presume. Are they available in regular stores, or only specialty stores? Can you put cooked food in it, or only fresh foods , ie: salad?s So, I can vacuum-seal food, and freeze them in packages? I'll have to get one of these. I"m going to google it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Ryukyu Art
Artifacts from the Ryukyu Kingdom missing since WWII. Visit www.ShisaLion.Org to view pictures

Best Stun Guns
Self Defense Products-stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and more

Surveillance 4U
Complete surveillance systems for covert operations or secure installation security

Asylum Images
Book presents photo tour of the Trans-Allegany Lunatic Asylum. A must if you're going to take a ghost tour!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga