FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 37 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
ksusanc, kellypnik123, leyinn, Ron_Cooley, businns
22902 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Dobbersky 12
cxt 7
trevek 6
JKogas 5
futsaowingchun 4
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
New Topics
Applied center line theory
by futsaowingchun
Today at 08:55 AM
centerline concepts
by futsaowingchun
07/14/14 10:49 PM
language of syllabus
by trevek
07/11/14 03:36 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:14 AM
10 San Sik drills-Wing Chun's foundation
by futsaowingchun
06/30/14 11:20 AM
"Ip Man" and "Ip Man 2" the movies.
by TaekwonDoFan
06/30/14 11:02 AM
Anderson Silva - Leg Break
by Dobbersky
12/30/13 08:32 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
Gi or no Gi Grappling?
by Prizewriter
04/16/12 02:48 PM
MMA - A passing Fad
by Dobbersky
04/12/12 11:16 AM
Recent Posts
Gi or no Gi Grappling?
by Prizewriter
26 minutes 35 seconds ago
Applied center line theory
by futsaowingchun
Today at 08:55 AM
centerline concepts
by futsaowingchun
Today at 08:53 AM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by cxt
07/24/14 11:35 AM
language of syllabus
by trevek
07/14/14 04:50 PM
MMA - A passing Fad
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:35 AM
Anderson Silva - Leg Break
by Dobbersky
07/09/14 06:13 AM
Throwing
by JKogas
07/03/14 07:40 PM
10 San Sik drills-Wing Chun's foundation
by futsaowingchun
06/30/14 11:20 AM
"Ip Man" and "Ip Man 2" the movies.
by TaekwonDoFan
06/30/14 11:02 AM
Forum Stats
22902 Members
36 Forums
35564 Topics
432453 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#194848 - 10/18/05 04:03 AM Knockout pressure point squeeze
sgt_anthony Offline
Stranger

Hello martial arts enthusiasts,

Is there a 'squeeze' or 'tiger claw' or 'pinch' etc. technique that can be used to render an opponent unconscious using pressure points? This doesn't have to turn into a discussion about stomach 9 etc. Any technique that achieves this should be mentioned.

Now don't assume I'm one of the denihilists - I know that pressure points exist, however I am particularly skeptical of one move I continue to hear people rave about on forums. Certain people seem to believe they can knock people unconscious without striking them with a knife hand, or punch etc. Yes, I am well aware this can be achieved through the use of a choke such as the "sleeper hold" by that I am referring to rear naked chokes and the like. But these 'experts' seem to believe that they can "squeeze...hold and twist...tiger claw grab...pinch..." etc. to cause a non-fatal (ideally) knockout. I was disturbed when I heard this and did some research. A fellow by the name of Master Erle Montaigue featured an interesting article that did seem to confirm this.

"E. What about the 'just touching' the area to cause knock out can that be done and why.

PL Any doctor can do that to the carotid sinus to cause knock out with just a finger touch."

http://www.taijiworld.com/Articles/george.htm

I come from a very blunt school of hand to hand defensive tactics - whatever works inside the law, goes. Obviously in my profession we did not enjoy the 'tear off ear' freedom of military special operations units such as NZSAS but we were still very to the point. Is there a possible and reliable technique that does this no bs?

My name is A. Tamati - thanks for your input

#194849 - 10/18/05 05:55 AM Re: Knockout pressure point squeeze [Re: sgt_anthony]
ZoneD Offline

Sir,

Yes, there are, actually several possibilities, one way to achieve it is using M-HN-18 (tcm) or mental nerve (mwm) on the jaw. (mental nerve, comes from mandibular division of the trigeminal nerve(V3)).
“sleeper hold” can also be done by several different ways, and doing it relatively safely.

If knockout technique is applied slightly ‘wrong’, side-effects (nausea, dizziness, pain, vomiting, can occur), but in the case of correctly applied knockout technique is safe – because, (actually knockout is wrong term in here), we should say - to put person fast to sleep (no its easier way to say is KO) That way its safe – like natural sleep.

Yes, correct stimulus (pressure) to carotic sinus (the place where baroreceptors are, these receptors monitor the blood pressure and level of oxygen in blood) can cause knockout, but that it can also cause severe traumas to opponent by changing blood pressure quickly – this can lead to arrhythmia to heart. As a side note, but affecting to ones blood pressure and causing KO by that, causes KO where opponent wakes up usually before even dropping to floor – or right after that. This happens because then body itself knows that blood pressure is normal and ok. But if I use just two fingers to put someone out, and doing it with out carotic stimulus, the person will not wakeup before he’s correctly restored.

I did not follow nor read the link you posted, but I think that this gives some answers to it too…

This is my 0.00000001 cent worth...

BTW - At my website, in training/videoclips/ are videoclip number 9 - its not a grabling KO, but only one technique was delivered, and NO carotic sinus nor ST-9 was used.

#194850 - 10/18/05 06:06 AM Re: Knockout pressure point squeeze [Re: ZoneD]
Gavin Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Southend, Essex, UK
Quote:

BTW - At my website, in training/videoclips/ are videoclip number 9 - its not a grabling KO, but only one technique was delivered, and NO carotic sinus nor ST-9 was used.

That's a lovely K.O Toni! Looks like it could be a lovely pre-emptive shot. Cool!

Gav

#194851 - 10/18/05 08:07 AM Re: Knockout pressure point squeeze [Re: Gavin]
ZoneD Offline

Gavin,

pre-emptive means what? My dictionary didn't know that...

#194852 - 10/18/05 10:02 AM Re: Knockout pressure point squeeze [Re: ZoneD]
Gavin Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Southend, Essex, UK
Toni,

A pre-emptive strike is one where we take control of a conflict /fight and strike first. Basically, hit them before they hit you.

Gav

#194853 - 10/18/05 11:37 AM Re: Knockout pressure point squeeze [Re: Gavin]
ZoneD Offline

Thanks - I was almost right..

Yes I believe that could be quite good on that purpose.

#194854 - 10/18/05 01:31 PM Re: Knockout pressure point squeeze [Re: ZoneD]
paradoxbox Offline
Enthusiast

Hits to certain areas on the side of the neck, back of the neck and temple will cause an immediate KO if delivered with a first strike.

Pressure points to those areas are remarkably inneffective if a person knows they are going to be hit, though hits to the back of the neck/skull and temple are still somewhat effective .

#194855 - 10/22/05 10:27 PM Re: Knockout pressure point squeeze [Re: paradoxbox]
h2whoa Offline

Loc: Fiji
I do not believe that their is a way to knock someone out by touch or non touch, unless you are Mr Spock or a Televangelist. I do however believe that a well struck blow to a pressure point (this takes years to perfect), can be a devestating weapon!!

#194856 - 10/21/07 08:48 PM Re: Knockout pressure point squeeze [Re: Gavin]
robo313 Offline
Stranger

Quote:

Quote:

on one hand this is awesome and i really want to try it on my friends!...on the other hhand i dont want 2 cause something damaging...so i want anb honest opinion on what i should do. plz help!

That's a lovely K.O Toni! Looks like it could be a lovely pre-emptive shot. Cool!

Gav

#194857 - 10/22/07 01:16 AM Re: Knockout pressure point squeeze [Re: robo313]
BrianS Offline
Higher rank than you
Professional Poster

Loc: Northwest Arkansas
Do not try this on your friends.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Ryukyu Art
Artifacts from the Ryukyu Kingdom missing since WWII. Visit www.ShisaLion.Org to view pictures

Best Stun Guns
Self Defense Products-stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and more

Surveillance 4U
Complete surveillance systems for covert operations or secure installation security

Asylum Images
Book presents photo tour of the Trans-Allegany Lunatic Asylum. A must if you're going to take a ghost tour!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga