FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
1 registered (Dobbersky), 44 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AndyLA, danacohenn, ksusanc, kellypnik123, leyinn
22904 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Dobbersky 14
cxt 7
trevek 6
JKogas 5
futsaowingchun 3
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
New Topics
Applied center line theory
by futsaowingchun
07/28/14 08:55 AM
centerline concepts
by futsaowingchun
07/14/14 10:49 PM
language of syllabus
by trevek
07/11/14 03:36 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:14 AM
Anderson Silva - Leg Break
by Dobbersky
12/30/13 08:32 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
Gi or no Gi Grappling?
by Prizewriter
04/16/12 02:48 PM
MMA - A passing Fad
by Dobbersky
04/12/12 11:16 AM
Throwing
by
04/23/05 10:58 PM
Recent Posts
Gi or no Gi Grappling?
by Dobbersky
Yesterday at 05:11 AM
Applied center line theory
by futsaowingchun
07/28/14 08:55 AM
centerline concepts
by futsaowingchun
07/28/14 08:53 AM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by cxt
07/24/14 11:35 AM
language of syllabus
by trevek
07/14/14 04:50 PM
MMA - A passing Fad
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:35 AM
Anderson Silva - Leg Break
by Dobbersky
07/09/14 06:13 AM
Throwing
by JKogas
07/03/14 07:40 PM
Forum Stats
22904 Members
36 Forums
35564 Topics
432455 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#194858 - 07/01/08 08:01 PM Re: Knockout pressure point squeeze [Re: sgt_anthony]
whitetigerschool Offline

Hey, I'm an old Dillmanite from way back and, while I parted ways with the organization long ago, I will atest that I have both performed and received the St9 knockout. It works. With that said, yes their are certain squeeze/pinch techniques which can be performed, though I have never tried to learn those particular knockouts, because I see little if any practical use for them. A good friend of mine, also a former Dillmanite, is also an accupuncturist and does a knockout on the ear accupuncture points with a simple squeeze. He says that one causes a loss of ballance, another breaks the equilibrium of the inner ear and prevents it from realigning (so long as the pressure is held) and the third actually pinches a cranial nerve and causes momentary shock in the body. The three cause the guy to drop and the lights go out for a second. I am also told that there is a method of squeezing certain of the Chinese pulses for a similar effect. Finaally, I once saw a dactor who was one of Dillman's students squeeze a serious of points around each pecktoral of his uke, the kidney terminal points on the outside and something associated to the liver meridian on the underside to cause a knockout.

#194859 - 07/25/08 03:47 AM Re: Knockout pressure point squeeze [Re: sgt_anthony]
Yudansha34 Offline
Stranger

Loc: Michigan
I am not a pressure point expert. My background is in Kobayashi Shorin-Ryu.

One bunkai taught to me in the Itosu no Passai kata is a open hand throat grab. Using pressure with the thumb and pointer finger on opposite sides of the neck (squeezing inward), to illicite a sleeper hold type knockout.

I never practiced this in the dojo to completion. Which is to say I didnt go around choking students or friends to validate if the technique worked. Though the mechanics of cutting off the blood supply is plausible.

I did use this technique once in a bar altercation. I swept the mans hands with my left and applied to neck squeeze with my right hand. I then backed him onto the wall and held firm pressure as he attempted to free his hands and remove my grip. Within seconds his eyes fluttered and he went limp. I released the grip he fell unconsious to the floor face first causing small tissue damage (bloody lip, bruising).

The whole event was over very quickly maybe 5-8 seconds. Some friends who witnessed the altercation said it looked like a "spock pinch". I have never executed the technique prior or since this time. So I really have no idea if it was the loss of blood, the fact he was drinking, a fear/panic synapse, or some combination that caused him to pass out. It should be noted it was not my intent to knock him out with this technique. Once at the wall I intended to follow with striking and a control. He just went out before I got to that.

So for me a technique like this did work once. Maybe not as mystical or magical as some other techniques. But its the only one I have personally executed. And after all that it may have been a fluke where the guy passes out easily. Who knows...

#194860 - 07/25/08 12:01 PM Re: Knockout pressure point squeeze [Re: Yudansha34]
underdog Offline
Veteran

Loc: Mansfield, MA U.S.A.
Aqwesome. Thanks.

I am familiar with the technique from (we call it Bassai Dai). I can visualize the pressure points for this application. I don't choke people out for practice. We would "practice" this technique with no more than touch pressure to assure quick and accurate PP location and building some proprioception to that it could be accessed under pressure. It is one of those things where you wonder if you could make it work "for real" if you HAD to. It solved your self defense problem and did less damage than a follow up strike might have done. Well done. That is why we study this stuff.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Self Defense
Offering stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and other self defense products not available in stores.

Pepper Spray
Online distributor of self defense supplies like videos, stun guns, Tasers and more.

Spy Cameras
Surveillance, Hidden Cameras, Nanny Cams, Digital Recorders, Spy Equipment, Pocket DVR's and more

Stun Gun
Wholesale Directlhy to the Public! Stun gun and Taser Guns and personal protection products. Keep your loved ones at home safe!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga