FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 31 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TomRosenberg, jessylin, play, Keith_G, LeroyCFischer
22937 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
jwwmantis 2
futsaowingchun 2
Beefcake 1
LeroyCFischer 1
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
New Topics
Chum Kiu's double Tan Sau motion
by futsaowingchun
Today at 10:08 AM
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
12/17/14 09:40 PM
2015 Master Yang Jwing-Ming Seminar
by jwwmantis
12/05/14 10:36 PM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by
12/27/06 11:43 AM
Your true goal
by
03/03/06 07:16 AM
Recent Posts
Chum Kiu's double Tan Sau motion
by futsaowingchun
Today at 10:08 AM
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
12/17/14 09:40 PM
Your true goal
by Beefcake
12/11/14 02:44 AM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by LeroyCFischer
12/04/14 02:07 AM
Forum Stats
22937 Members
36 Forums
35592 Topics
432527 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#194645 - 12/01/05 10:04 PM Re: Dave Meyer Seminar [Re: ToddR]
RangerG Offline
Former Moderator

Loc: Chester County, Pennsylvania
Sounds good to me. I train on Tuesdays and Thursdays, but after your group is done belt testing, Friday may be possible, and weekends after this one. I am going to help with Krav instructor training and testing this weekend. I will be in touch....you can count on that.

#194646 - 12/02/05 01:28 PM Re: Dave Meyer Seminar [Re: RangerG]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Loc: Great White North
Last night when talking with my Instructor I learned some background on David Meyer. It seems he used to run his own Jujitsu school in the past. One of his students on the side went to a Gracie school and when he came back after a few months David found it more difficult to roll with this student. Then another Gracie student asked if David would roll with him and after an hour of great difficulty he asked the Gracie student how long he had been training and was told a year. This stunned David and eventually David closed up his school and went to a Machado school leaving his black belt behind and taking on a white belt to learn BJJ. Now today he is an exception BJJ black belt.

I just thought I'd pass that on to you.

#194647 - 12/09/05 04:49 PM Re: Dave Meyer Seminar [Re: Dereck]
ToddR Offline

Loc: York, PA
That's interesting Dereck, I didn't know that. I did know that Mr. Meyer had a black belt in "small circle?" jiu jitsu under professor Wally Jay before he began training BJJ under the Machados. That's pretty impressive that he put on a white belt and trained BJJ until he earned his black belt, but then he's a pretty impressive guy all around!

#194648 - 01/07/06 03:31 PM Re: Dave Meyer Seminar [Re: Dereck]
BJJ_NZ Offline
Stranger

Quote:

Matt ...

I just wanted to post that I have gone through David Meyer's DVD on arm bars and it is awesome. He and his partner John Will show about 30 different arm bars from the top, bottom, side or when your opponent is in a turtle. I have already successfully tried a few of these in class last Thursday and they worked excellent, even enough for my Instructor to take notice that I had picked them up so fast.

So if you get a chance to view this do so, you won't be disappointed.

Hey guy's, Sorry to come into this thread so late. I'm a Brown Belt under John Will and also Dave Meyers Web guy. Just wanted to let you all know that we've upgraded Daves www.grappling.us site and added the "Mastering Armbars" DVD with the overhaul.

I'm really pleased that so many of you had such a good time. Dave and John are amazing instructors and the Curriculum is a piece of gold. I don't even live in the same country as John or Dave so I needed those tapes to help my progress.

Nothing beats good training partners but with the DVD's that John and Dave have put together it's a huge help. Just following what they say can set you on the right track..

I really enjoyed reading all of your comments and posts and I'll try and direct David to the forum to have a read, he'll be chuffed! Keep up the good work and enjoy the grappling.

Geoff

#194649 - 01/07/06 07:40 PM Re: Dave Meyer Seminar [Re: BJJ_NZ]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Thanks for the updated link. If you will look on this part they have our school listed ... Elite Taekwondo, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada and are currently listed as Level 2.

http://www.grappling.us/schools.htm

This is not exactly my school as we are in Fort Saskatchewan, AB (15 minutes away) but we are Elite and are grouped together as one entity as this is mainly where BJJ and our training was for the seminar plus where Sean (my Instructor) and Steve (Edmonton Instructor) train together. Sean and Steve are best friends and partners plus Steve was one of Sean's Instructors when training under Master Sung Lee. They train extensively together on these techniques as well as JJJ/Hapkido/Taekwondo. Good sounding boards for each other to perfect techniques and teaching.

Thanks again.

#194650 - 03/07/06 01:55 AM Re: Dave Meyer Seminar [Re: Dereck]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

#194651 - 06/05/07 02:59 PM Re: Dave Meyer Seminar [Re: Dereck]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

David Meyer came up again to Edmonton where our clubs got together and went over working from the top for the first 1.5 hours and some techniques and then working from the bottom for 1.5 hours. Some basics with a few twists that I will find very useful, but always good see him. Will post further photos once available.

#194652 - 06/19/07 06:25 PM Re: Dave Meyer Seminar [Re: Dereck]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Here's the class photo. Clean shaven bald guy in the front row, fourth from the left.

David Meyer Seminar - June 3, 2007

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator:  Cord, Fletch1, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Stun Guns
Variety of stun gun devices for your protection

Buy Pepper Spray
Worry about your family when you’re not around? Visit us today to protect everything you value.

Koryu.com
Accurate information on the ancient martial traditions of the Japanese samurai

C2 Taser
Protect yourself and loved ones from CRIME with the latest C2 Taser citizen model. Very effective.

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga