FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 22 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
mohdnabeel, sunny, swordy, jerrybarry24, SenseiGregT
22915 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Ed_Morris 4
futsaowingchun 3
Matakiant 2
AndyLA 2
Zombie Zero 2
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
New Topics
STX Kickboxing Seminar
by Marcus Charles
09/09/14 06:57 PM
Biu Tzu- 1st section applications
by futsaowingchun
09/05/14 10:56 PM
2014 World Championships Chelyabinsk: The Gallery
by ergees
09/01/14 03:51 AM
Biu Tzu- Snake hand strike
by futsaowingchun
08/27/14 09:02 PM
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
08/20/14 09:54 PM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
mindfullness meditation
by
01/06/09 11:27 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by
05/13/07 08:02 AM
Recent Posts
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Matakiant
Today at 07:11 AM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
Today at 06:07 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by Zombie Zero
09/16/14 04:43 PM
Eugue Ryu
by kolslaw
09/12/14 03:35 PM
attacked from behind
by AndyLA
09/07/14 07:01 PM
Biu Tzu- 1st section applications
by futsaowingchun
09/05/14 10:56 PM
2014 World Championships Chelyabinsk: The Gallery
by ergees
09/01/14 03:51 AM
mindfullness meditation
by log1call
08/31/14 09:43 PM
Biu Tzu- Snake hand strike
by futsaowingchun
08/27/14 09:02 PM
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
08/20/14 09:54 PM
Forum Stats
22915 Members
36 Forums
35575 Topics
432494 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 7 of 10 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
#193400 - 12/05/05 03:22 AM Re: Industrial Society Destroys Mind and Environment [Re: sushil_yadav]
BrianS Offline
Higher rank than you
Professional Poster

Loc: Northwest Arkansas
Quote:

The Illogical Logic of Man.

A few birds have got infected with bird-flu and Man has started killing millions of birds.
They say birds are a threat to humans.

Sometime ago there was Mad Cow disease and Man started killing hundreds of thousands of cows.
They said cows are a threat to humans.

Ever since Man came into existence - millions of humans with infectious diseases have transferred such diseases to millions of other people - and will continue to infect millions more in future.
Such people are a threat to rest of the people.
Man should follow the same logic here and kill all infected people.

It is Man who has killed millions of people in Wars and other forms of Violence and can kill millions more any time in future.
Man should follow the same logic here and kill all people.

It is the human species which is the greatest threat to humans and all other life on this planet - In fact the human species is the only species which is a threat to all life on Earth.

Man has decimated all Animal and Plant species polluted the Sky and Oceans - and poisioned every square inch of earth.

In a mere 200 - 300 years Industrial Society has destroyed all that Nature laboriously created over a period of millions of years.

Humans pose the greatest threat to other humans.
Humans pose the greatest threat to all other life on earth.

The so-called Rational and Civilized Man should follow the same logic here - and destroy the entire human race.

[Please note : If you indulge in Factory Farming If you torture the birds confine millions of them in prison like conditions depriving them of Sunlight and the freedom to walk and fly you are creating an environment for the spread of virus and disease]

There was a time when Man used to say

I work in order to feed my family.
I work in order to put Food on the Table.

Today man is putting a lot more than Food on the Table.

Cars, Computers, ipods, Aeroplanes, Luxury Yatchs, Caribbean Vacations, Palatial Homes, Video Phones, Designer Clothes, Designer Drugs, Cosmetic Surgery The list is endless.

Man is putting thousands of consumer goods and services on the Table.
There is too much weight on the Table.
And the Table has begun to creak

The more you put on your table the more you take out from the mouths of Animals and Birds.

The more you put on your table the more you kill Animals and Trees.

The more you put on your table the more you kill Water, Air and Land.

The more you put on your table the more you kill Mountains and Valleys.

The more you put on your table the more you kill the Sky and Oceans - the Rivers and Lakes.

There are so many things on the Table that one can barely see the Food.

We need just a few things to live.
And we are making thousands of things.

Billions of people are engaged in making, buying and selling of thousands of consumer goods.

Destroy Shopping Culture.
Destroy Industrial Society.

Go back to Simple Living.
Go back to putting just Food on the Table.

sushil_yadav

Think Positive

What are you really trying to say here? The world is not perfect? DUH! You sound like some kind of wack-job.

You clearly put the needs of plants and animals above mans! That's illogical noonsense!!

I'm sure you are not so different from what you seem to despise...?

Sheesh!!!

#193401 - 12/05/05 05:07 PM Re: Industrial Society Destroys Mind and Environme [Re: JoelM]
LastGURU Offline
The one who knows

Loc: Riga, Latvia
Quote:

I don't understand, could you explain better, please?

OK, first I will say that I am not stating neither that I do, nor that I do not agree with him, I am just clarifying the logic. He said:
Quote:

A few birds have got infected with bird-flu and Man has started killing millions of birds.
They say birds are a threat to humans.

Sometime ago there was Mad Cow disease and Man started killing hundreds of thousands of cows.
They said cows are a threat to humans.

Ever since Man came into existence - millions of humans with infectious diseases have transferred such diseases to millions of other people - and will continue to infect millions more in future.
Such people are a threat to rest of the people.
Man should follow the same logic here and kill all infected people.

That is saying that following the logic of killing birds and cows that can potentially carry terminal illness, and thus are dangerous to other people, people should kill all those people that can be dangerous to other people. He did not say to kill all the people, like you say he did here:
Quote:

We do not kill all birds because of bird flu. We do not kill all cows because of mad cow. Therefore we should not kill all humans.

#193402 - 12/05/05 05:08 PM Re: Industrial Society Destroys Mind and Environme [Re: LastGURU]
harlan Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Amherst, MA
Where do I sign up for the Jihad? Who do we kill first? Shall we start with people who have contagious diseases...or go straight to people that have different points of view, 'dangerous thoughts', that might undermine our own?

Or does he mean that this is happening now? This thread is too difficult to follow. I think I am going to move on.

#193403 - 12/05/05 05:28 PM Re: Industrial Society Destroys Mind and Environme [Re: LastGURU]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Loc: York PA. USA
Quote by lastGURU -

Quote:

that can potentially carry terminal illness,

By your logic, JoelM's logic is not faulty. All humans could potentially harbor infectious diseases - requiring them to be killed.

#193404 - 12/05/05 05:48 PM Re: Industrial Society Destroys Mind and Environme [Re: MattJ]
LastGURU Offline
The one who knows

Loc: Riga, Latvia
Quote:

Quote by lastGURU -

Quote:

that can potentially carry terminal illness,

By your logic, JoelM's logic is not faulty. All humans could potentially harbor infectious diseases - requiring them to be killed.

no, the word "potentially" has some more potential in it than I wanted to... ignore that word

#193405 - 12/05/05 06:18 PM Re: Industrial Society Destroys Mind and Environme [Re: LastGURU]
Foolsgold Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Lyon, MI, USA
Kool-aid, anyone?

#193406 - 12/06/05 04:15 AM Re: Industrial Society Destroys Mind and Environme [Re: Foolsgold]
Bushi_no_ki Offline
Veteran

Loc: POM, Monterey CA
After this thread, I think I'll be drinking soda out of nice, easily recycled aluminum cans, thanks.

#193407 - 12/06/05 07:40 AM Re: Industrial Society Destroys Mind and Environme [Re: Bushi_no_ki]
Ed_Morris Offline
Professional Poster

but according to the thread...soda is part of the problem.

#193408 - 12/06/05 08:39 AM Re: Industrial Society Destroys Mind and Environme [Re: Ed_Morris]
JoelM Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Georgia, USA
Baby steps, Ed. Baby steps.

#193409 - 12/06/05 08:39 AM Re: Industrial Society Destroys Mind and Environment [Re: sushil_yadav]
trevek Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Poland
Hmm, psychological problems and industrial society. Well, we've only had psychologists for less time we've had an industrial society. This suggests,a) we weren't ill until we had psychologists or it is only since we invented psychologists that we realised we were ill.

Granted, the earth is being destroyed, but what does it matter. nature will find an answer to the problem like she did when the great cosmic spielberg pulled a plug on the original cast of the original jurrassic park.

Interesting how a mentally working society will kill itself and then we always run back to the wisdom of earlier times and read ancient books by people who sat navel gazing in caves. How mental is that?

Archaeological evidence shows early man killed and wiped out a number of species themselves.

Supporting everyone saying "nuts to cancer"

Page 7 of 10 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

Moderator:  Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Stun Guns
Variety of stun gun devices for your protection

Buy Pepper Spray
Worry about your family when you’re not around? Visit us today to protect everything you value.

Koryu.com
Accurate information on the ancient martial traditions of the Japanese samurai

C2 Taser
Protect yourself and loved ones from CRIME with the latest C2 Taser citizen model. Very effective.

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga