FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 48 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AndyLA, danacohenn, ksusanc, kellypnik123, leyinn
22904 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Dobbersky 14
cxt 7
trevek 6
JKogas 5
futsaowingchun 3
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
New Topics
Applied center line theory
by futsaowingchun
07/28/14 08:55 AM
centerline concepts
by futsaowingchun
07/14/14 10:49 PM
language of syllabus
by trevek
07/11/14 03:36 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:14 AM
Anderson Silva - Leg Break
by Dobbersky
12/30/13 08:32 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
Gi or no Gi Grappling?
by Prizewriter
04/16/12 02:48 PM
MMA - A passing Fad
by Dobbersky
04/12/12 11:16 AM
Throwing
by
04/23/05 10:58 PM
Recent Posts
Gi or no Gi Grappling?
by Dobbersky
Yesterday at 05:11 AM
Applied center line theory
by futsaowingchun
07/28/14 08:55 AM
centerline concepts
by futsaowingchun
07/28/14 08:53 AM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by cxt
07/24/14 11:35 AM
language of syllabus
by trevek
07/14/14 04:50 PM
MMA - A passing Fad
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:35 AM
Anderson Silva - Leg Break
by Dobbersky
07/09/14 06:13 AM
Throwing
by JKogas
07/03/14 07:40 PM
Forum Stats
22904 Members
36 Forums
35564 Topics
432455 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 10 of 18 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 17 18 >
Topic Options
#189238 - 11/13/05 06:22 AM Re: Fighting girls in competition. [Re: Neko456]
Belnick Offline
Veteran

Loc: SWEDEN
Quote:

GOING WILD AND INSANE, won't stop a stick form richcoeeting off your headgear and wrist and head again. Thats what got the men in trouble thinking these women were afraid of them. Belinck. Not!!!

Quote:

A Muscular fighting Man like yourself might avoid looking in a mirror for days, not wanting to face the truth a women beat me in a meet. Belinck sparring a women in stick fighting watch out!!!!

lay off the suger, you start to sound insane and your spelling is deteriorating

and reread(yea u know, read them one more time so you can understand what they say) all the posts again

then again, someone that was insane would not do that...

#189239 - 11/14/05 05:02 PM Re: Fighting girls in competition. [Re: Belnick]
Neko456 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Midwest City, Ok, USA
Hey I am at working typing in between major Processing so forgive me if my grammar or spelling suffer its from just glancing and flipping screens, typing a reply, flip a screen code some program.

I was not trying to sugar coat anything just wanting to know
how would your ego deal with a women out speeding you and having better timing then you, with a stick at a range where your size and strength advanatage was nultralized. Match started with just the tips of the stick touch nothing else!!!

Think about it, it really don't sound like Sugar to me. It could happen, best prepare for it mentally just in case.

Edited by Neko456 (11/14/05 05:04 PM)

#189240 - 11/14/05 10:05 PM Re: Fighting girls in competition. [Re: Neko456]
ButterflyPalm Offline
Enigma

Loc: Malaysia
Quote:

with a stick at a range where your size and strength advanatage was nultralized

I would like to speculate a bit here to put the whole issue into a different perspective, if I may?

Suppose it is not a competition for points, but a real fight. Yes, the man will get hit, but he is going to take the hits (assuming no bladed weapons, just sticks) hanker down and take the pain and then charge at the women and grab, whether it's the sticks or her. Here on, the women's advantage is over.

Am I stating the obvious? or am I obviously off topic?

#189241 - 11/15/05 08:34 AM Re: Fighting girls in competition. [Re: ButterflyPalm]
still wadowoman Offline
Improved beefier techno-prat

Loc: Residence:UK- Heart:Md, USA
Butterflypalm,

Now we are out of the competition and into the realms of self defence.

I weigh around 130 pounds and I agree with you that I am less physically strong than the average man. However, I strongly disagree that if a woman my size hit you with a stick you would be able to just take the pain and charge the woman.

Would you be able to charge with a broken leg? Or if you were unconcious? Do you seriously believe that a woman would be incapable of achieving either of those things just because she is female and smaller than you?

I hope I have misunderstood what you are saying. Please correct me if I have.
Sharon

#189242 - 11/15/05 08:35 AM Re: Fighting girls in competition. [Re: still wadowoman]
harlan Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Amherst, MA
'Just sticks.'

#189243 - 11/15/05 11:41 AM Re: Fighting girls in competition. [Re: ButterflyPalm]
Neko456 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Midwest City, Ok, USA
Butterflypalm
I think you may have made a point that it was limited competition for points BUT.. One warrior guy like you and Belinck totally dominated some of the women, with his vicisous all out attack. He'd scream and jump up and smash them on top their head, until the 3rd round where this lady stabbed him in the face of his helmet getting their before his caveman smash. Evading it by stepping behind him. These girls were good, screaming/Scaring some of them didn't work.

If extended inside fighting was allowed I agree that the results would probablly have been different.

As Butterflypalm alluded to, A broken leg won't stop a real MAN!!

Being unconcisous just Might, Maybe?

#189244 - 11/15/05 11:47 PM Re: Fighting girls in competition. [Re: Neko456]
UofM Shorin Ryu Offline
Resident Forum Breakdancer

I can't believe fighting girls spawned 10 pages.....

I'm a Breaker, therefore I can beat any woman EVER, regardless of experience in MA. That's right!
Christie, Goujo-girl, Sharon, Reiki, and all the rest would get OWNED in a fight against me.....

And guys, I would like white roses and bagpipes at my funeral please......

#189245 - 11/16/05 11:25 AM Re: Fighting girls in competition. [Re: UofM Shorin Ryu]
Foundation Offline

Don't worry we'll take care of your funeral, is it ok if you get flamed -uh wait, I actually meant to say cremated-

Women can defeat men and vice versa, it all depends on training.
I suppose you all heard stories of great Eastern masters, which were all very old and would easily be overpowered by younger men if it came down on strength, but still they were unbeatable.
Strength is just a factor in combat, it doesn't determine the fight on it's own.
Besides, women can be way stronger than they are, but I have yet to see a women do powertraining. I knew a girl once that did gymnastics (not on the floor, but on the rings and things like that) and she was stronger than most boys in the class, just to show how relative the "man is stronger than woman" thing is. (I'm not saying women are stronger than man, with the same training a man will usually be stronger, but the difference would be smaller than it usually is IF they train the same)
Perhaps my view is distorted since I don't know a lot of serious martial artists personally, and the gym where I train all the women train for muscle endurance, but I think this is usually true.

#189246 - 11/17/05 01:12 AM Re: Fighting girls in competition. [Re: Foundation]
ButterflyPalm Offline
Enigma

Loc: Malaysia
Quote:

is it ok if you get flamed

The best of Belgium humour

Still Wadowoman.

I suppose my 'speculation' (I was careful enough to tactfully preface it as such) was much like asking which is the best MA.

I do agree that a few good stick hits from a woman (especially if trained) or a man (even if untrained) can do damage.

But, unless it is a direct hard hit to the head (not glancing), to actually incapacitate, like a broken arm (which will be tensed up in these situations) or a leg (which requires the attacker to bend / lower his/her body, and so not so useful in a real fight) and the ribs are not easy to get at, I'll say it is still argueable. And a fast moving target like a charging man intent on serious harm is not so easy to target the kind of target on his body you want or like to have. In a points competition, a hit, whether it is incapacitating or not, is a point.

It can be said of course that this applies equally to a male attacker on another male. But my original speculation was if a woman, even with a stick, is somehow grabbed, either her body or her stick, the initial percieved advantage of having a stick may be lost AND she will still need other fighting skills to survive. So I do agree with you that any blow with her stick had better be knock-out ones.

All I am saying is the odds are stacked unevenly, and a woman with a stick may not necessarily even up the odds fully in her favour, and the less rules there are, the more uneven.

On another point (another can of worms, perhaps?) I get the feeling that to-day's women (pardon my gross generalisation) are, in a telepathic global collective feminine quest, out to disprove / dispel the historical image of a 'weaker' sex.

Just last night at a chi kung class a woman was demonstrating (to her friends) her back-fist strike. I was in a jovial mood and so I asked her to strike my forearm, which I know has some conditioning done (to take a stick hit by the way) She went into her stance, tensed her fist and did a swinging downward back-fist strike on my right forearm. On the moment of contact, I could see the pain she felt in her eyes and the quick unconscious massage with the other hand. I asked with concerned about the pain. She answered, with all seriousness, that there was no pain. I left it at that.

#189247 - 11/17/05 03:10 AM Re: Fighting girls in competition. [Re: UofM Shorin Ryu]
Belnick Offline
Veteran

Loc: SWEDEN
Quote:

I can't believe fighting girls spawned 10 pages.....

I'm a Breaker, therefore I can beat any woman EVER, regardless of experience in MA. That's right!
Christie, Goujo-girl, Sharon, Reiki, and all the rest would get OWNED in a fight against me.....

And guys, I would like white roses and bagpipes at my funeral please......

10 ???

dude set it to 99 or 100 post per page instead flipping pages all the time :P

Page 10 of 18 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 17 18 >

Moderator:  Cord, MattJ, Reiki, Supremor, tkd_high_green 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Stun Guns
Variety of stun gun devices for your protection

Buy Pepper Spray
Worry about your family when you’re not around? Visit us today to protect everything you value.

Koryu.com
Accurate information on the ancient martial traditions of the Japanese samurai

C2 Taser
Protect yourself and loved ones from CRIME with the latest C2 Taser citizen model. Very effective.

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga