FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 26 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
LeroyCFischer, JadeKing, Beefcake, WesJones, simonajones111
22933 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
futsaowingchun 2
charlie 2
simonajones111 1
GojuRyuboy13 1
Zombie Zero 1
November
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
New Topics
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
I gained a lot of month in the last few months
by simonajones111
11/19/14 04:54 AM
Siu Lin Tao-3rd section applications
by futsaowingchun
11/13/14 06:48 PM
Screen fighting course UK December 2014
by charlie
11/11/14 04:09 PM
Siu Lin Tao-1st section Pak Sao explanations
by futsaowingchun
11/09/14 10:30 PM
I spy kata bunkai..
by GojuRyuboy13
10/29/14 08:28 AM
Judo 2014 World Championships Juniors: The Gallery
by ergees
10/25/14 04:53 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
MA style video library
by
03/22/06 03:18 PM
Recent Posts
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
I gained a lot of month in the last few months
by simonajones111
11/19/14 04:54 AM
Siu Lin Tao-3rd section applications
by futsaowingchun
11/13/14 06:48 PM
Screen fighting course UK December 2014
by charlie
11/11/14 04:09 PM
MA style video library
by charlie
11/11/14 04:05 PM
Siu Lin Tao-1st section Pak Sao explanations
by futsaowingchun
11/09/14 10:30 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/29/14 10:01 PM
I spy kata bunkai..
by GojuRyuboy13
10/29/14 08:28 AM
Judo 2014 World Championships Juniors: The Gallery
by ergees
10/25/14 04:53 PM
Forum Stats
22933 Members
36 Forums
35589 Topics
432521 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 6 of 18 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 17 18 >
Topic Options
#189198 - 10/17/05 01:54 PM Re: Fighting girls in competition. [Re: Chanters]
Neko456 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Midwest City, Ok, USA
I'm not saying you're lying about a female member at your dojo, but you are making her sound like super-girl who's only weakness is kryptonite!

My comment - I've seen her dropped by men and women, but she never quits and MAY drop them in the next instance. Its not about winning its about NOT QUITING and the very next fight she wants them again usually they can't do it that same way again, so she's learning.

If never quiting or wanting to better herself is a Super woman then she is. She just another Nidan in my books. Notice I didn't say female Nidan, she is a Nidan is every scent of the word. Do I sound like I'm bragging. Like my ex-mother law stated, "It takes a poor duck not to praise his/her own pond". But its because she does not quit.

I'm exposed I'm proud of her, so now you have it. If she gets her butt whipped, she crawals back up and tries it again. More Amazon in the mini package.

#189199 - 10/17/05 02:03 PM Dirty hands? [Re: Neko456]
harlan Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Amherst, MA
What's wrong with dirty hands? My dad was a machinist who could do Calculus (slide rule days), my husband is an Ex-Army officer who works as a landscaper by choice, I have a degree and have worked second jobs/third shift for years (donuts, cleaning toilets) to put food on the table for my kids.

I have no patience for classism...one of the reasons I only 'breeze' through other websites that some tout as 'better'.

Edited by harlan (10/17/05 02:06 PM)

#189200 - 10/17/05 02:15 PM Re: Fighting girls in competition. [Re: CobraLionz]
Neko456 Offline
Professional Poster

I'm not too high on point fighting or made for tournaments katas I'll keep my prejudice to myself.

But I think it was U that stated thats she doesn't exist because she not practicing big time and nobodies heard of her. Haven't you ever caught a guy out position and took advantage of his lead?

Being one of the 225lb ders she kicked on his butt, why would lie about that. Hell I tried to block it with my knee I was just too slow. I don't know what the others guys excuse were, hell I was too busy laughing like they were at me.

But all the good MAs don't always seek bright lights and fame. And you are right you didn't spefici tournament competition but besides movies how do we get seen, Tourneys right. Seminars and books? Maybe.

Anyway I guess I put words in your writting. I beg your pardon but don't you know any women worth their salt? Why do U find it so hard to believe that a woman can really fight?

Hell she may not be any better then any other Nidan. But she sure is darn sure a good one at our dojo. She probably would be embarassed that I'm picking her out of the other male Nidans but this is about women not men.

Edited by Neko456 (10/17/05 02:18 PM)

#189201 - 10/17/05 02:24 PM Re: Dirty hands? [Re: harlan]
Neko456 Offline
Professional Poster

Some people see dirty hands as a poor choice of profession or a lack of. I see it as a sure sign of hard work with more then just your mind.

#189202 - 10/17/05 02:45 PM Re: Fighting girls in competition. [Re: Neko456]
CobraLionz Offline

OK, anyone that gets repeatedly knocked out is going to have their brain turned to mush. Either you are lying out the ass or you guys must be playing lovetaps at your dojo and doing simulated knockouts or something. Your super ninja would get a real thrashing, a bonafide knockout, outside of the safe confines of your dojo.

#189203 - 10/17/05 03:27 PM Re: Fighting girls in competition. [Re: CobraLionz]
Reiki Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: MiddleEarth
Quote:

OK, anyone that gets repeatedly knocked out is going to have their brain turned to mush. Either you are lying out the ass or you guys must be playing lovetaps at your dojo and doing simulated knockouts or something. Your super ninja would get a real thrashing, a bonafide knockout, outside of the safe confines of your dojo.

Please do not needle the other members.

It serves no purpose and only makes you look silly.

If you have a problem with what others are saying please take it to PMs and dont post it here.

#189204 - 10/17/05 04:57 PM Re: Fighting girls in competition. [Re: CobraLionz]
Neko456 Offline
Professional Poster

There few KOs, (but they do happen as in most contact dojos) in our dojo we watch them very carefully but if a person is stunned on his feet its called TKO, if they can't breath because of a strike or fall its called TKO, if they don't want to continue, quits, its called TKO. She has never quit on her stool some of the men have but she has not. (Note that some of the smaller men have to fight the larger guys sometimes). Some of the larger men have quit on their stools against some of the cagey smaller men, it skill not size that really counts. I've called a draw because their hitting too hard in her case F/F or M/F.

She rarely spars outside her 10-25lb range, but if she is refereing and she calls a halt to a match and big boy don't stop in order to protect the downed or stunned, big boy may find himself swept or tackled and a finger in his face.

It very easy to double leg or single leg somebody moving away from you and you'er coming in from the side, or to trip/sweep a person in motion. It doesn't take a he woman for that. But staying in his face it does. "Don't let me see you that again, Or you are DQ'd buddy"!! Nobodies gets beat down or really injuried.

Did that scare you imagining that? Your rank got stand for something other then holding your pants up.

Stop worry about what we do and you work on what U do, I'm worried about you, U can't tell the difference from a ninja and simple Goju Karate Man. You need to put the remote down and get out more, then you might have to sweat so don't do that.

Asked the guy that tried to rape who got a thrashing!!! Some people talk the walk, others can do what they been trained to do. Ms.Lady, My reply to you has ended.

Edited by Neko456 (10/17/05 05:09 PM)

#189205 - 10/17/05 05:09 PM Re: Fighting girls in competition. [Re: Neko456]
harlan Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Amherst, MA
You know, Neko, the more you describe your dojo and this person that has so impressed you...the happier I am that this sedate old lady (meaning 'me') was able to find a 'non-contact' dojo.

Different strokes.

Edited by harlan (10/17/05 05:15 PM)

#189206 - 10/17/05 05:10 PM Re: Fighting girls in competition. [Re: harlan]
Neko456 Offline
Professional Poster

Sounds like You? hey!

#189207 - 10/19/05 02:24 PM Re: Fighting girls in competition. [Re: Neko456]
Belnick Offline
Veteran

Loc: SWEDEN
Quote:

Yeah, I guess she might want to talk to a bunch of losers like Us. What do you guys do for a living on the PC all times of day and night? I'm stuck in a dead end job waiting for that gold watch in a constant circle of vouchers and payment validation. Which gives me plenty of time to Surf the net while those millions of records are processing.

But she already has this URL, she occassional surfs International Martial Arts website. Its a little more professional then this, I don't mind I'm a bottom feeder anyway.

I can see her logoff now the 1st topic she see is "Can a ninja really fly?" or "At 5yrs old I was a great street fights".

No really, the some the same topics are discussed but at a different level and no real, "You are lying folks". Maybe, "Thats a bit unbelievable, how did ...". But most of the time if they haven't done it, they want to know how it was done. Not, that its ain't possible.

They also beleive that a woman can handle herself in a real S/d situation, and Tournaments are not the real testing grounds for skill??? They also know how to READ, without putting words in others writings.

So theres not that much difference, she may respond, we will see.

lol this post made the whole thread to go off topic considering the replies...

me, I am a normal grunt who hate my govenrment for wanting to increase the gasoline price(they dont need to pay for the gas and still have 4-12timers higher pay)
I am normally at work for 9 hours, then home eat rest and away to train and then get home, eat, sleep, work and repeat everyweek 300days a year, gets a bit boring, but sometimes you get the time to surf a bit, like on the breaks...

I can agree hat this forum is not very hmm, what the word, new ?

it feels very old compared to the other one I visit when I have time
http://forum.episodeworld.com/ <--- an example

guess my problem is that I dont think she could take me

then again I dont think any girl could take me, but I have never tried a pro female boxer or something

Page 6 of 18 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 17 18 >

Moderator:  Cord, MattJ, Reiki, Supremor, tkd_high_green 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Self Defense
Offering stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and other self defense products not available in stores.

Pepper Spray
Online distributor of self defense supplies like videos, stun guns, Tasers and more.

Spy Cameras
Surveillance, Hidden Cameras, Nanny Cams, Digital Recorders, Spy Equipment, Pocket DVR's and more

Stun Gun
Wholesale Directlhy to the Public! Stun gun and Taser Guns and personal protection products. Keep your loved ones at home safe!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga