FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 61 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Shanktotheright, royal, bobgalle100011, agenonline, TooNice
22862 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
THEFOREVERMAN 3
Dobbersky 3
MattJ 2
royal 2
SoulJah22 1
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
New Topics
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by Marcus Charles
03/24/14 04:39 PM
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by Dobbersky
03/20/14 05:45 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
AKK kata question
by
09/04/05 01:27 PM
Recent Posts
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by THEFOREVERMAN
Yesterday at 08:22 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by THEFOREVERMAN
Yesterday at 08:20 AM
AKK kata question
by MattJ
04/04/14 05:45 PM
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Forum Stats
22862 Members
36 Forums
35546 Topics
432378 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 8 of 18 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 17 18 >
Topic Options
#189218 - 11/08/05 06:03 AM Re: Fighting girls in competition. [Re: Neko456]
Belnick Offline
Veteran

Loc: SWEDEN
Quote:

Women can beat stronger men pending rules.

of course they can, as the rules are that only the women may strike and then men do nothing

#189219 - 11/08/05 11:39 AM Re: Fighting girls in competition. [Re: JoelM]
Neko456 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Midwest City, Ok, USA
Berlick and Joelm I don't care what people say what I saw was some skilled men larger stronger get taken out by skilled Women of instructor level skill with sticks geared up to strike above the waist any thing goes. Except prolong inside fighting.

Again we were practicing targeting and precision not full scale war. From long range and inside they tri-angled and out manauvered men for the most or 1st strike to a specific target.

At first round elmination the Men didn't try hard, but after seeing the other Men lose the 2nd and 3rd round they tried harder some still lost. With a weapon it seems that women can equal/beat Men. There may have been a different in skill level in some of the matches, It was a seminar I don't know these people. It didn't look like it some of those guys looked pretty good. Seeing is believing.

Edited by Neko456 (11/08/05 11:43 AM)

#189220 - 11/08/05 02:31 PM Re: Fighting girls in competition. [Re: Neko456]
Foundation Offline

Well I want to refer to this thread.
A difference of skill can make up for a difference in strength. And with some rules the effect of strength is minimised, rendering skill the decisive factor.

#189221 - 11/08/05 11:50 PM Re: Fighting girls in competition. [Re: Neko456]
JoelM Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Georgia, USA
That post makes a little more sense, but when you say "women can beat stronger men pending rules" it sounds like you're saying that the only way that women can beat stronger men is if it is in a competition with rules. Am I wrong or is that still what you're saying?

#189222 - 11/09/05 03:52 AM Re: Fighting girls in competition. [Re: JoelM]
ButterflyPalm Offline
Enigma

Loc: Malaysia
Quote:

That post makes a little more sense, but when you say "women can beat stronger men pending rules" it sounds like you're saying that the only way that women can beat stronger men is if it is in a competition with rules. Am I wrong or is that still what you're saying?

Women generally have better eye-hand co-ordination, and bladed weapons handling is all about this.

This has been said many times before, but historically there have been women warriors who led men into battle. These women were of course exceptional individuals. I suppose todays' women when given weapons which do not require extraordinary strength to wield, and better eye-hand co-ordination means better speed and accuracy, an equiliser factor comes into play.

So I am not surprised at all. In gun shooting, especially handguns, I've seen women out-perform men, including myself.

Another factor is padding. Women have an in-born fear of physical injury to their bodies. With full padding, this fear is over come and they can concentrate fully on their technique. And I suspect that the men do most of the attacking and thus commiting themselves to counter attacks. We all know that taking a defensive position in combat have certain advantages.

#189223 - 11/09/05 12:40 PM Re: Fighting girls in competition. [Re: ButterflyPalm]
Neko456 Offline
Professional Poster

History does report females being warriors on the battle grounds. Your analogy is almost exactly what happened the men after the second round the men charged in over confident like you poor innocent victim take this, and were angles off and countered quickly and precisely. Some were disarmed and standing there with there pants down so to speak.

Initially the 1st round was sure over confidence all the men lost. 2nd round was spirited exchanges still over confident and most of the men lost. 3rd round was heated quick exchanges and quick resolution, women won most, not all but most.

Could have been the luck of the draw. Again there were no finishing moves or prolonged inside fighting. Just entry, attack, counter..., exits.

JoelM thats opening a can of worms, I'll let you answer/ponder your own question, I'm just reporting the what happened.

#189224 - 11/09/05 12:46 PM Re: Fighting girls in competition. [Re: Neko456]
JoelM Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Georgia, USA
I'm not opening the can of worms, I'm just trying to figure out what you're saying.

It seems that since you won't answer that you do see women as inferior.

#189225 - 11/09/05 04:01 PM Re: Fighting girls in competition. [Re: JoelM]
Neko456 Offline
Professional Poster

Ok I'll bite I see women as sheltered, smaller framed people, with bodies that naturally can't pack as much muscle on, less competitive by nature and they think with the right side of their brain. But in this event they as I stated.

Initially the 1st round was sure over confidence all the men lost. 2nd round was spirited exchanges still over confident and most of the men lost. 3rd round was heated quick exchanges and quick resolution, WOMEN WON MOST time.

Could have been the luck of the draw. Again there were no finishing moves or prolonged inside fighting. Just entry, attack, counter..., exits.

JoelM I'm just reporting the what happened. It seems you have a problem imagining what I saw. Would you like to reason why or elaborate on why U question? I can't change what happened unskilled and skilled lost to skilled Women.

I mean who r what am gonna believe U or my lying eyes.

#189226 - 11/10/05 01:40 AM Re: Fighting girls in competition. [Re: Neko456]
Belnick Offline
Veteran

Loc: SWEDEN
umm with weapons I dont doubt they can be as good or better than men

I thought we talked about normal fighting, bigger stronger vs a girl

#189227 - 11/10/05 03:05 AM Re: Fighting girls in competition. [Re: Neko456]
Chanters Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Manchester, UK
Quote:

and they think with the right side of their brain

So you're saying women can't do any of the following?:

uses logic
detail oriented
facts rule
words and language
present and past
math and science
can comprehend
knowing
acknowledges
order/pattern perception
knows object name
reality based
forms strategies
practical
safe

These are all functions of the left side of the brain.

Also in saying that do you assume that all men only use the left side of their brain?

Neko, where did you get such an inaccurate statement from?

You sure know how to impress the ladies!

Page 8 of 18 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 17 18 >

Moderator:  Cord, MattJ, Reiki, Supremor, tkd_high_green 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Fight Videos
Night club fight footage and street fights captured with the world's first bouncer spy cam

How to Matrix!
Learn ten times faster with new training method. Learn entire arts for as little as $10 per disk.

Self Defense
Stun guns, pepper spray, Mace and self defense products. Alarms for personal and home use.

TASER MC26C
Stop An Urban Gorilla: Get 2 FREE TASER M26C Replacement Air Cartridges With Each New TASER M26C!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga