FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 48 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Shanktotheright, royal, bobgalle100011, agenonline, TooNice
22862 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
THEFOREVERMAN 3
Dobbersky 2
MattJ 2
royal 2
UKfightfreak 1
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
New Topics
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by Marcus Charles
03/24/14 04:39 PM
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by Dobbersky
03/20/14 05:45 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
AKK kata question
by
09/04/05 01:27 PM
Recent Posts
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by THEFOREVERMAN
04/16/14 08:22 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by THEFOREVERMAN
04/16/14 08:20 AM
AKK kata question
by MattJ
04/04/14 05:45 PM
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Forum Stats
22862 Members
36 Forums
35546 Topics
432378 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 4 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 17 18 >
Topic Options
#189178 - 10/07/05 05:43 AM Re: Fighting girls in competition. [Re: horizon]
scorpion Offline

Loc: uk
in our tae kwon do classes everyone is treated as equal including the women....normally i have problems fighting the women ...their tough and if they hit me hard ill hit back everyone knows to fight equally and if you keep it like that then you should have no problems

#189179 - 10/07/05 10:39 AM Re: Fighting girls in competition. [Re: Belnick]
Neko456 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Midwest City, Ok, USA
Belnick wrote - if she goes on like that, how is the other student know that they should not go all out and using elbows and strikes to temple etc... ?

I mean , it is training, so it is nice to have 50% of your students in the hospital every day or so ?

Do you not think women can be well trained? I really don't understand this question, she is respected because if you go all out she can repell and defend herself.

At a certain level a woman can hurt you as bad as a man. As for hospital nobodies hardly ever gone to a hospital. As it is with many dojos, in a contact endeavor reasonable amount of contact is accepted and applauded, pending how serious u train.

I've had to step in between her and a even matched man or woman to stop a mean exchange. But thats just and expression of fighting sprirt. Nobodies tells the women in the class to applaud her, buts its kind of hard not to admire a woman that gets staggered and takes the guy down during this same exchange, stomps him and punches him and he can't do anything about it. I have to dive in to stop her onslaughter, its continous sparring so its legal.

I'd pit her against almost any man with that brush in her hand.

Respect is earned before its given in a fight/serious sparring. We are not blowing smoke up her butt, this girl can fight. Ask here husband that grabbed her by surprise in the dark inside their house trying to make whooppy. She has knocked unconcious men full contact sparring (brown belts under classmen), that tried to get rough with her. She has defended herself in street in near rape incidents remember the high heels used as Tonfa Ko, in a dark secured parking lot leaving the job late, same woMAN. She is all woman, really cute but shes a badass, I'm proud of her. Now she will run if she can or has to.

Were not blowing up her butt, she knows that full out she can't trade blows often and beat a man, because of his strength but if he makes one mistake, her skills are such that he will wake the next mourning.

Edited by Neko456 (10/07/05 11:01 AM)

#189180 - 10/09/05 05:25 PM Re: Fighting girls in competition. [Re: Neko456]
Belnick Offline
Veteran

Loc: SWEDEN
well, lets take accidents ?
I almost broke my nose in the last practice, got a nice knee right on the ridge
however that was an accident, if I knew he meant it I would have retaliated(when I could see again that is), or that is just me ?

another guy goes hard on the bigger guys in training because he think we can take harder punches, so I just lost it with him one time and caught his leg and flipped him with my right arm, when he landed he was smart enough to cool down...

another was a boxer that punched too hard for practice so I got [censored] and took him down(slammed) and told him to cool it

if everyone just go at it, then it is just a matter of time before u rip a knee with a heel hock or break an arm with an armbar on you friends(or they are not your friends?)
not to mention elbows hitting too hard my mistake etc..

I am not saying a woman cant hurt a man...
but the women I train with I can earslap and they would fly like ppl being show in movies :P, they are short and lightweight

it is one thing to sparr with protection and go harder, but to just go at it on a normal training session is stupid, I would not want to have my fighters hurt or cut before an event

btw I am just curios, how big is the biggest she have taken out ?

#189181 - 10/09/05 11:24 PM Re: Fighting girls in competition. [Re: Neko456]
CobraLionz Offline

Neko, I don't believe you. This sounds like another MA tall tale.

#189182 - 10/11/05 04:20 PM Re: Fighting girls in competition. [Re: Belnick]
Neko456 Offline
Professional Poster

You are talking animal class or MMA we are talking continous sparring with semi-light contact (work your combinations and 1/2 to 3/4 power to the head) so its rather controlled but tempers can rise. We referee it so it doesn't get too rambuctious, I've had to straighten and reset some noses or put ice paks on an eye or two. But thats all part of sparring at this level we have a 5th level that includes take downs rarely do we match a 225lb man with a 125lb female. Unless in our animal classes and I swear to you I've been hit by that Yawara brush or kicked by her spin back kick I wouldn't want to be on the end of that on th street.

So we are talking a whole different level of sparring, but I have no doubt that if she is stuned she could pull of her sweep and stomp on a 225lb, she done it on me. Fortunately I've seen her do so many time ( I mean I taught it to her) I can counter on ground before she goes into her beatit routine. You got to be good to hit her in the face solid no matter how big you are with her guards up. She's pretty good.

CobraLionz - I don't care what you believe keep thinking you can't and you won't. She proven she can with full grown men in the streets and inside our animal classes. She well respected, you need to train hard and get some confidence.
Like she tells the women in our class anyone of you can do what I do, you gotta want it. They got to bring some to get some!

Obviously you have none to bring.

Edited by Neko456 (10/11/05 04:23 PM)

#189183 - 10/11/05 09:04 PM Re: Fighting girls in competition. [Re: Neko456]
CobraLionz Offline

You have no idea how ridiculous and inexperienced you sound. As someone who trains inside and outside the dojo, I know very well what a petite 125 pound person is capable of.

If this person is so good as to be able to whoop a 225 pound man full contact how come none of us ever heard of her? Why is she training small time if she's so good? Stop lying.

#189184 - 10/14/05 04:34 PM Re: Fighting girls in competition. [Re: CobraLionz]
Neko456 Offline
Professional Poster

I really don't know what you are talking about. I never said that she has beaten 225lb men, if she is matched with a man it usually someone her size or close by 10-25lbs. Except for the attempted rape and Ko with the high heels, and i didn't say that the police report said it. And he was about 240lbs I guess she hit him full contact. I've never asked. The thing is she wasn't afraid to use what she knows because she dealt with big men before in class.

What I said was that she has sent a 225lb men flying, the incident was an animal class, I was sneaking up behind her to grab her and body slam her. Step away and spin back kick me in mid grasp, I tried to block it with my knee and was too slow and sal la vie, I'm flying, knocked out of breath.
I had just body slammed another 200lb man, with the same sneaky technique. He got beat until he stood up and fought his way out.

With that brush she has dented my helmet trying to take her down, she has choked and stuck it between the legs of heavier guys and dumping them on another. She is accurate enough with the yawara that if she wanted it could have been my eye instead of my cover temple area. Again trying to sneak up on her.

I've seen her dropped by men and women, but she never quits and may drop them in the next instance. Its not about winning its about not quitting and the very next fight she wants them again usually they can't do it that same way again, so she learning. These are men or teenagers her same weight. I've seen bigger 250lbs men make a mistake and she has tapped them out with chokes and arm bars with r w/o the brush.

She is a lot like me she has competed and won most time. But win or lose she understands that its just a game of tag, far less important or intense then our level 4-5 sparring. Unlike you she doesn't find that the best fighters or MAs are out there cart wheeling and scoring with flippy dippy kicks or diving touching each other with finger tips back fist.

Her challenge is continued study of the MAs, she is a Nidan and a proud example of it. Notice I didn't say a Woman Nidan, she is just a Nidan one ours best, I will say that.

So I'm not lying you just need to be able to read and don't put words in my mouth based on your finding, at tournament.

I'll make sure I tell her some other woman thinks she no good because she not a big name tournament fighter. She will laugh at that just like I did. Cobralionz U must be one bad tourney fighter, I bet you can really flick that fingertip back fist. How long can you kick on one leg? good show. You must be far better then she is she can't do that long.

Edited by Neko456 (10/14/05 04:58 PM)

#189185 - 10/15/05 08:13 AM Re: Fighting girls in competition. [Re: Neko456]
Belnick Offline
Veteran

Loc: SWEDEN
neko, just give her the url to this site instead and let her tell it her self

#189186 - 10/17/05 10:43 AM Re: Fighting girls in competition. [Re: Belnick]
Neko456 Offline
Professional Poster

Yeah, I guess she might want to talk to a bunch of losers like Us. What do you guys do for a living on the PC all times of day and night? I'm stuck in a dead end job waiting for that gold watch in a constant circle of vouchers and payment validation. Which gives me plenty of time to Surf the net while those millions of records are processing.

But she already has this URL, she occassional surfs International Martial Arts website. Its a little more professional then this, I don't mind I'm a bottom feeder anyway.

I can see her logoff now the 1st topic she see is "Can a ninja really fly?" or "At 5yrs old I was a great street fights".

No really, the some the same topics are discussed but at a different level and no real, "You are lying folks". Maybe, "Thats a bit unbelievable, how did ...". But most of the time if they haven't done it, they want to know how it was done. Not, that its ain't possible.

They also beleive that a woman can handle herself in a real S/d situation, and Tournaments are not the real testing grounds for skill??? They also know how to READ, without putting words in others writings.

So theres not that much difference, she may respond, we will see.

#189187 - 10/17/05 10:49 AM Re: Fighting girls in competition. [Re: Neko456]
JoelM Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Georgia, USA
Quote:

But she already has this URL, she occassional surfs International Martial Arts website. Its a little more professional then this, I don't mind I'm a bottom feeder anyway.

I can see her logoff now the 1st topic she see is "Can a ninja really fly?" or "At 5yrs old I was a great street fights".

No really, the some the same topics are discussed but at a different level and no real, "You are lying folks". Maybe, "Thats a bit unbelievable, how did ...". But most of the time if they haven't done it, they want to know how it was done. Not, that its ain't possible.

They also beleive that a woman can handle herself in a real S/d situation, and Tournaments are not the real testing grounds for skill??? They also know how to READ, without putting words in others writings.

So theres not that much difference, she may respond, we will see.

Not trying to put words in your mouth, but are you saying that fightingarts.com is a place for bottomfeeders?

I'm really interested in your justification for this analysis.

Page 4 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 17 18 >

Moderator:  Cord, MattJ, Reiki, Supremor, tkd_high_green 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Ryukyu Art
Artifacts from the Ryukyu Kingdom missing since WWII. Visit www.ShisaLion.Org to view pictures

Best Stun Guns
Self Defense Products-stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and more

Surveillance 4U
Complete surveillance systems for covert operations or secure installation security

Asylum Images
Book presents photo tour of the Trans-Allegany Lunatic Asylum. A must if you're going to take a ghost tour!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga