FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 22 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SenseiGregT, sagat, JFawkes, pluckysaga39, sgtdemeo
22911 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
AndyLA 5
Dobbersky 5
Ed_Morris 4
futsaowingchun 3
ergees 3
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
New Topics
2014 World Championships Chelyabinsk: The Gallery
by ergees
Today at 03:51 AM
Biu Tzu- Snake hand strike
by futsaowingchun
08/27/14 09:02 PM
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
08/20/14 09:54 PM
2013 World Championship Rio: The Gallery (HD)
by ergees
08/19/14 05:22 AM
Chi Sao demonstration
by futsaowingchun
08/14/14 10:57 PM
Decent Fight channel
by FrankyFruits
08/07/14 09:19 PM
2014 European Championships Cadets Athens: Videos
by ergees
08/07/14 10:00 AM
Life goes on....
by Dobbersky
08/07/14 05:59 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:14 AM
Recent Posts
2014 World Championships Chelyabinsk: The Gallery
by ergees
Today at 03:51 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by Zombie Zero
08/29/14 10:50 PM
mindfullness meditation
by log1call
08/28/14 02:39 AM
Biu Tzu- Snake hand strike
by futsaowingchun
08/27/14 09:02 PM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Ed_Morris
08/26/14 09:58 PM
The Karate punch
by Ed_Morris
08/26/14 09:27 PM
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
08/20/14 09:54 PM
2013 World Championship Rio: The Gallery (HD)
by ergees
08/19/14 05:22 AM
attacked from behind
by AndyLA
08/16/14 04:59 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by VDJ
08/15/14 05:46 PM
Forum Stats
22911 Members
36 Forums
35573 Topics
432484 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#187535 - 12/05/05 02:20 PM Re: Need a new sword! [Re: Charles Mahan]
mudobudo Offline

Charles, where is your addressing each and everything I said, you pick and choose what you wish to address, and don't address the rest, while I addressed everything you said, how interesting. Are you one of those folks who can not back up what he says, and gives opinions without explaining the reason or rationale behind them, hmm. Well I guess you don't have to follow your own rules, since you've been here a while. Uh huh, ok, later gator

#187536 - 12/05/05 02:25 PM Re: Need a new sword! [Re: mudobudo]
Charles Mahan Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Denton, Tx, USA
Wallow in your victory. You're reasoning is wrong. Mostly I'm just lazy. Which point would you like me to address?

#187537 - 12/05/05 02:27 PM Re: Need a new sword! [Re: Charles Mahan]
mudobudo Offline

Again, an assertion without an explanation, what a surprise. It is easy to say how my reasoning is wrong, hard to explain it. Your right, you are lazy, your words, not mine, but they are true it would seem. Don't ask of others what you can not do yourself

#187538 - 12/05/05 02:37 PM Re: Need a new sword! [Re: mudobudo]
Charles Mahan Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Denton, Tx, USA
Quote:

Again, an assertion without an explanation, what a surprise. It is easy to say how my reasoning is wrong, hard to explain it. Your right, you are lazy, your words, not mine, but they are true it would seem. Don't ask of others what you can not do yourself

You really are paranoid. The reasoning which was wrong, was that I was responding to some posts but not others because my position was indefensible. The explanation was that I am too lazy to respond to every little nit you choose to pick. And yes the words are true. I'm a member on 9 other forums, and I do work for a living. I don't have the time to respond to each and every little nit you've picked on 6 or 7 different threads. So I've conceeded defeat. Enjoy it.

#187539 - 12/05/05 02:49 PM Re: Need a new sword! [Re: Charles Mahan]
mudobudo Offline

Well thats a vieled insult, responding saying that you work for a living so you could not do what I do. bascially your trying to say I don't work for a living while at the same time being just vague enough to deny my assertion on that, bravo. Your very good at subtle rubs, that kind of skill takes lots of practice. I work for a living as well, and really, if you don't respond, doens't that mean you don't have an answer. I am using your onw logic there just so you know, circular arguments do work so well online. Concede defeat or do not. I enjoy good discussion, but you have made this all rather personal for some reason, which I do not know why. Whatever I said you disagreed with, please, do comment. Seems more like your upset with me disagreeing at all, not about the disagreement itself. Interesting. Good day Charles, sorry you feel as you do, would have enjoyed corresponding, oh well. take care.

#187540 - 12/05/05 08:23 PM Re: Need a new sword! [Re: mudobudo]
Benjamin1986 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Republic of Texas
MB, that is enough. You are taking this too personally. Charles was not nitpicking, but pointing out very obvious problems with your suggestion. You obviously took this as an insult, which it was not. However, when you insulted Charles repeatedly while daring him to take you on point by point, you crossed the line.

If someone doesn't have the time or will to discuss something, then they don't have to discuss anything. We don't want to involve the moderators if we don't have to, but your rude behavior is intolerable.

#187541 - 12/05/05 09:28 PM Re: Need a new sword! [Re: Benjamin1986]
mudobudo Offline

Hello,
I don't know you sir, but it would be customary to introduce yourself first. Now, my name is mudo budo, and I don't know what your talking about. If you could name all the supposed insults I made, I will address them, if you can not, it is because they did not happen. If you can point out my rude behavior and explain why it was rude, I was address that as well and certanly apologize. however if this is a case of your sensibilities being offended, or some nonsense I don't get, then this is kinda a watse of time. I'l not even say I was or was not rude, denials to absolutely nothing are a waste fo time, since you have sighted no examples. I do not know what points Charles addressed, but that was my complaint, and his vague disagreements with me either disagreeing too much, laughable, or the disagreement itself, are what this forum are for. And again, to say there is a problem but not what it is is a waste of my time to address. Have a nice day Ben, why you would choose to interject yourself I do not know, clealry your a little biased, and vague, I don't address vague. Take care.

#187542 - 12/05/05 11:07 PM Re: Need a new sword! [Re: mudobudo]
Benjamin1986 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Republic of Texas
Mr. Budo, as for your prior rude remarks, please read the top post on this page. Read your remarks carefully and please explain to me how they are not insulting.

As for the reasons behind my interjection, Charles is my someone I hold in high respect; I do not have the longest of tempers; and a derisive and dismissive tone is among the greatest of my pet peeves.

Quote:

vague, I don't address vague

Quote:

where is your addressing each and everything I said, you pick and choose what you wish to address, and don't address the rest

This theme is repeated over and over, essentially calling the person you are talking to dimwitted and not worth your time. If you had said something along the lines of "I do not understand", anyone here (including Charles, Laf, myself, Paradox, Walter, or any of the other major posters) would have explained. However, your tone came across as dismissive,
Quote:

But I am justifying my words, and I explain very well why I say what I say, and what it means. Your whole overly long post is merely a baiting method

You repeatedly talk down to everyone on this board, ie:

Quote:

And do not speak to what others should or should not think, this is you clearly trying to goad other forumites, who you know, to be in line with your line of thinking, how immature. Bye bye.

Quote:

I do not know what points Charles addressed, but that was my complaint, and his vague disagreements with me either disagreeing too much, laughable, or the disagreement itself, are what this forum are

Quote:

if your dumb enough to cut your hand, so be it

Quote:

The duh factor applies here I think,

Quote:

Reamining anonymous implies that I have something to hide? That is a circular argument of a paranoid soul.

Quote:

You speak of the sword seller getting hurt, lol, you really are trying to discredit me aren't you, interesting, why I wonder, and why try so hard, hmm.

You declare yourself an expert, cite no sources save your own knowledge, and deride people who express quite reasonable doubts about the techniques you propose ie: the head test. Read those passages I quoted, and if you do not see how they are insulting, then there is no point in continuing this discussion.

I do not ask for an apology, and will offer none in return. I do not have authority to speak for the board itself, but it is my opinion that you have worn out your welcome here.

#187543 - 12/05/05 11:35 PM Re: Need a new sword! [Re: Benjamin1986]
mudobudo Offline

Ben, gimmie a break, NOthing there was rude, and you of course took some of it out of context of the rest of the post. And consequnetly, if this person your speaking of, one person, is everyone here, then there is something wrong with this forum. Grow a thicker skin, stop being so quick to take offense, and don't bother me with anymore nonsense. getting in the middle of anothers discussion and taking sides is kinda dumb as well, what do you accomplish. Nevermind, you take care.

#187544 - 12/06/05 01:17 AM Re: Need a new sword! [Re: mudobudo]
laf7773 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Limbo
Quote:

I don't know you sir, but it would be customary to introduce yourself first.

The same should be said of you. I'm going to make this simple and tell you who I am, the moderator of this section. Please take the time to view the ground rules thread at the top of this section.

I do have some questions for you.

1. Where are you from and how old are you? Yes i'm actually asking because this will give us some insight to who you are.

2. What training/education have you had? To help substantiate your claims of being a sword smith and back your position on some issues.

3. How long have you been training and how long have you been a practicing smith?

These are simple questions that require a simple answer. No need to talk in circles about your right to remain anonymous. If you want your posts to be taken seriously, or retain the right to post, it would be advantageous to answer them truthfully. Also flying off the handle at anyone isn't going to help this situation so i advise against it. You have already displayed an image of arrogance and rude behavior. I'm only making this offer for you to clear the air in hopes of obtaining another valued member to the forums. If you choose to be illusive or rude then that might change. I will tell you that I value the long standing members we have here. They have remained here because they have something to offer. There are many times when they donít agree with each other or me, but they deal with it in a good way and learn from each other and communicate their opinions in a manner that is conducive with the forum rules. I suggest you do the same.

One last note, the only correct response to these questions is a direct response. No side stepping or dodging.

Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Charles Mahan, Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Self Defense
Offering stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and other self defense products not available in stores.

Pepper Spray
Online distributor of self defense supplies like videos, stun guns, Tasers and more.

Spy Cameras
Surveillance, Hidden Cameras, Nanny Cams, Digital Recorders, Spy Equipment, Pocket DVR's and more

Stun Gun
Wholesale Directlhy to the Public! Stun gun and Taser Guns and personal protection products. Keep your loved ones at home safe!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga