FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 34 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AndyLA, danacohenn, ksusanc, kellypnik123, leyinn
22904 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Dobbersky 14
cxt 7
trevek 6
JKogas 5
futsaowingchun 3
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
New Topics
Applied center line theory
by futsaowingchun
07/28/14 08:55 AM
centerline concepts
by futsaowingchun
07/14/14 10:49 PM
language of syllabus
by trevek
07/11/14 03:36 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:14 AM
Anderson Silva - Leg Break
by Dobbersky
12/30/13 08:32 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
Gi or no Gi Grappling?
by Prizewriter
04/16/12 02:48 PM
MMA - A passing Fad
by Dobbersky
04/12/12 11:16 AM
Throwing
by
04/23/05 10:58 PM
Recent Posts
Gi or no Gi Grappling?
by Dobbersky
Yesterday at 05:11 AM
Applied center line theory
by futsaowingchun
07/28/14 08:55 AM
centerline concepts
by futsaowingchun
07/28/14 08:53 AM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by cxt
07/24/14 11:35 AM
language of syllabus
by trevek
07/14/14 04:50 PM
MMA - A passing Fad
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:35 AM
Anderson Silva - Leg Break
by Dobbersky
07/09/14 06:13 AM
Throwing
by JKogas
07/03/14 07:40 PM
Forum Stats
22904 Members
36 Forums
35564 Topics
432455 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#185860 - 09/20/05 03:01 AM Re: Vegan vs. Omnivore [Re: Armed_Man_Piker]
Chanters Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Manchester, UK
Talking from personal experience and knowing other vegetarians on a good diet, the fact that I rarely suffer ailments (maybe 1 cold a year if that), am declared fit and healthy by my GP, lead a very active life I can say a good veggie diet can provide you with a long and healthy life and you needn't depend on meat. I'm sorry I don't have sources from people who have written about a vegan diet but I'm not talking about veganism, I'm talking my personal experience being a vegetarian.

'Research' also proved the earth was flat once, but we know better now.

#185861 - 09/20/05 06:18 AM Re: Vegan vs. Omnivore [Re: Chanters]
MAGr Offline
Veteran

Loc: London, home: Athens
Quote:

'Research' also proved the earth was flat once, but we know better now.

The guy writes a whole medical proof on why there are some things better derived from meat and your answer is that??
Dont write lies and stuff you made up just to prove a point which is wrong anyway. There was no reasearch about the earth and that is why they thought it was flat. If you find any piece of research that supports your arguement I will agree, but till then, you are just making things up to sound clever.

Death to vegies!!!
Long live the meat!!!

This belongs to the tales part but is more relevant here.
I was staying at a friend's halls of residence at his college for a few days, and we had just come back from Greece from our holidays. Now I dont know if you have Greek friends but those of you who do, you will know that we are very fond of the quality and amount of meat in Greece and a vegetarian there would be looked upon like a freak. So when we came back my friend's mum had put in his suitcase some liver, some guts, some chops, some steak etc. (in fact it was proably a whole cow but had to be cut up to fit in the bag). Anyway, he was living next to some english people who were adamant vegans. One day when we were cooking and they were chastising we got a surprise inspection by the dorms' supervisor. As we bolted for the door to go back and clean whatever evidence of wrongdoings was left about, we threw the meat we were holding to the vegan guys standing there. Apparently the supervisor alarm was a joke thought up by our tree hugging friends to get back to us for cooking meat so indescriminantly. Only when we got back to the kitchen they were standing there, one of them with guts strewn around his head and arms all shocked and unable to move, and the other was staring at the floor where a liver was sliding along unable to speek. The look on their faces was priceless (I guess the joke was on them in the end).

Edited by MAGr (09/20/05 06:28 AM)

#185862 - 09/20/05 07:11 AM Re: Vegan vs. Omnivore [Re: MAGr]
Gavin Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Southend, Essex, UK
Quote:

Death to vegies!!!
Long live the meat!!!

Bit harsh dude! Can we make an exception for pretty good looking veggies? Remember, salads are cheaper than steaks when your buying dinner! Cheaper date!

I managed to cure my girlfriend of her veggieness. On Sunday night she (well I say she, but I actually nicked half of it!) had the greatest veal steak I have ever tasted, and since she has been eating meat she has said it has had a marked improvement in her health. See only ever eats fresh meat and it is always mixed with lots of veg. I do put this down more due to an unbalanced diet as a veggie, more than the inclusion of meat. But, whatever I cured her!

On the flipside to that, inspired by Cord's fruit and mixed nut breakfast mentioned in another thread, I've switched from having a bacon sarnie for breakfast to a fruit and mixed nut one instead. Since doing so, my mid morning larthargic spell has gone completely. Since swapping I've felt a lot more alert and awake.

Another thing that I have found is that it also has supressed my need to snack. A bacon sandwich just didn't fill me up, and within an hour or two I'd be chowing down either an early lunch or some crappy snack. I've got a very fast metabolism, but since switching to the new breakfast, I get by with a banana or two till lunch. When I was eating more dodgy foods I found I was eating alot more. Is there any particular reason for this???

#185863 - 09/20/05 07:19 AM Re: Vegan vs. Omnivore [Re: Gavin]
MAGr Offline
Veteran

Hey man, also like fruit and vegetables, but I aint a rabbit.
I de like to eat one though!

#185864 - 09/20/05 07:27 AM Re: Vegan vs. Omnivore [Re: MAGr]
Gavin Offline
Professional Poster

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm.....rabbit!

#185865 - 09/20/05 07:47 AM Re: Vegan vs. Omnivore [Re: MAGr]
Chanters Offline
Enthusiast

Quote:

The guy writes a whole medical proof on why there are some things better derived from meat and your answer is that??
Dont write lies and stuff you made up just to prove a point which is wrong anyway. There was no reasearch about the earth and that is why they thought it was flat. If you find any piece of research that supports your arguement I will agree, but till then, you are just making things up to sound clever.

Nothing I have mentioned have been lies or "stuff" I've made up. Once again I will say (which I have already posted earlier but for some reason you seem to miss this point), I AM TALKING FROM EXPERIENCE! I was trying to make a point that sometimes what at one stage may have been researched and 'proven' have sometimes in the past been disproven by other research. An example would be 'Benecol', a spread in the UK which claimed to be clinically proven to reduce cholesterol at that time but it turned out that it didn't. But 'research' suggested that it did. 'Research' also suggested margarine was far more healthier than butter, but now other 'research' has been issued saying that margarine is bad for you and is 1% away from being a plastic. Rats didn't even recognise it as a food source! Research can be manipulated into whatever outcome the author wants. Furthermore, how do you define 'research'? (Rhetorical question, I don't expect an answer.)

Quote:

Death to vegies!!!
Long live the meat!!!

This only highlights your immaturity on the matter and serves absolutely no purpose to this debate. At least if you're going to hate us get your spelling right, its VEGGIES.

#185866 - 09/20/05 08:00 AM Re: Vegan vs. Omnivore [Re: Chanters]
MAGr Offline
Veteran

yo!! relax, just a joke.

But you gotta admit that earth flat thing was a lame arguement. People though it was flat not because of bad research but because of NO research. The only research rewuired is to see if it had an edge, obviously that never happened therefore no research. As soon as someone figured out an easier way to calculate it (moon trajectory etc) they accepted (bar christians) that the earth is round.

There is a big difference between proving something and researching something and coming to a conclusion.

Quote:

This only highlights your immaturity on the matter and serves absolutely no purpose to this debate. At least if you're going to hate us get your spelling right, its VEGGIES

This only highlights your lack of a sense of humour, and PROVES that veGGies suffer from a distinct lack of relevant nutrients necessary to promote an easy outlook on life and a 'chilled' attitude. Otherwise known as constipation

#185867 - 09/20/05 08:12 AM Re: Vegan vs. Omnivore [Re: MAGr]
Chanters Offline
Enthusiast

Quote:

This only highlights your lack of a sense of humour, and PROVES that veGGies suffer from a distinct lack of relevant nutrients necessary to promote an easy outlook on life and a 'chilled' attitude. Otherwise known as constipation

Now THAT was humorous. Although veggies do tend to have better bowel functionality because they don't have all that heavy flesh to digest!

#185868 - 09/20/05 08:14 AM Re: Vegan vs. Omnivore [Re: Gavin]
JasonM Offline
Professional Poster

Gavin,

Do you have the link to that post on Fruits and mixed nuts? I searched but could not find it. I would love to read it and maybe adapt it as well.

Thanks...

#185869 - 09/20/05 08:32 AM Re: Vegan vs. Omnivore [Re: JasonM]
Gavin Offline
Professional Poster

It was in Johns thread about diet and habbits n' stuff here. Cord was only stating that was what he had for breakfast.

A couple of weeks ago I was in the local super market on the way to work, buying some milk and noticed that had a salad bar, which has a mixed fruits and nuts section. I just remembered taking the micky out of Cord for eating it, and thought "Well, he knows what his talking about....I'll try it out!" I have, it's worked out cheaper and I feel better for it (Cheers mate BTW!). I'm sure if you we ask him nicely, he'll tell us the why's and wherefore's of it!

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Stun Guns
Variety of stun gun devices for your protection

Buy Pepper Spray
Worry about your family when you’re not around? Visit us today to protect everything you value.

Koryu.com
Accurate information on the ancient martial traditions of the Japanese samurai

C2 Taser
Protect yourself and loved ones from CRIME with the latest C2 Taser citizen model. Very effective.

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga