FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
1 registered (MattJ), 55 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Shanktotheright, royal, bobgalle100011, agenonline, TooNice
22862 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
THEFOREVERMAN 3
Dobbersky 3
MattJ 2
royal 2
SoulJah22 1
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
New Topics
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by Marcus Charles
03/24/14 04:39 PM
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by Dobbersky
03/20/14 05:45 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
AKK kata question
by
09/04/05 01:27 PM
Recent Posts
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by THEFOREVERMAN
Yesterday at 08:22 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by THEFOREVERMAN
Yesterday at 08:20 AM
AKK kata question
by MattJ
04/04/14 05:45 PM
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Forum Stats
22862 Members
36 Forums
35546 Topics
432378 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#185462 - 09/29/05 08:28 AM Re: what is advertising? [Re: oldman]
glad2bhere Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Lindenhurst, Illinois USA
".....You are very close to losing your priviledge to post here."

Dear Oldman:

I note that you made sure that you posted your announcement in many places. I could be wrong but there seems to be some other point you are working to make. Not sure what that is, but I can say that there is definitiely a point "I" would like to make.

I offered to discuss a Project, in process, with anyone on this forum who might have any interest in having in-put into how MA information gets published. I think this was a rather selfless and unique chance for people who undoubtedly have looked at MA books or manuals and wondered to themselves "how come they didn't......?".

The fact is that I wanted people to know that this is not some contrived offer but an actual chance to have in-put on the development of books which are published internationally.

Now, you are certainly free to censor my posts. You are also free to advocate that I be removed from your forum. I would share with you, however, that in the year that I have been observing your forum and in the last few months in which I have been participating, the quality of the discussions and the quality of the typical posts would benefit greatly from having something to examine beyond
a.) Where to buy something cheap
b.) How to learn a MA in isolation
c.) Which art is better
d.) Who is the best.

If I am incorrect and if this is the sum total that your forum aspires to then, by all means, feel free to banish me. To my mind, you need what "I" have to offer a whole lot more than I need what you have to offer. FWIW.

Best Wishes,

Bruce

#185463 - 09/29/05 09:27 AM Re: what is advertising? [Re: glad2bhere]
Kintama Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Massachusetts
Just as a side mention while you are waiting for oldman to get back...the answers to the questions are
Quote:

c.) Which art is better
d.) Who is the best.

a. http://www.hapkido-info.net/html/hapkido_books_com.html
b. 4 ways, using the complient uke series:
http://www.hapkido-info.net/DochangJournalLevelOneBruceWSims_big.jpg
http://www.hapkido-info.net/DochangJournalLevelTwoBruceWSims_big.jpg
http://www.hapkido-info.net/DochangJournalLevelThreeBruceWSims_big.jpg
http://www.hapkido-info.net/DochangJournalLevelFourBruceWSims_big.jpg
c. hapkido of course (if done correctly as shown in the series)
d. that's obvious: "To my mind, you need what "I" have to offer a whole lot more than I need what you have to offer."

Best-seller wishes.

#185464 - 09/29/05 11:03 AM Re: what is advertising? [Re: glad2bhere]
JoelM Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Georgia, USA

Edited by JoelM (09/29/05 11:26 AM)

#185465 - 09/29/05 01:44 PM Re: what is advertising? [Re: glad2bhere]
oldman Offline
Professional Poster

Where to start?.

Quote:

I note that you made sure that you posted your announcement in many places.

You are right about that. I placed it on one thread where you placed "your ad" and a second time where "your ad" was being discussed. I did not want you to miss it.

Quote:

I could be wrong but there seems to be some other point you are working to make.

Here is my point. Pay for advertising.

Quote:

I offered to discuss a Project, in process, with anyone on this forum who might have any interest in having in-put into how MA information gets published. I think this was a rather selfless and unique chance for people who undoubtedly have looked at MA books or manuals and wondered to themselves "how come they didn't......?".

Thank you. That would be helpful to many of the members here. Feel free to share any knowledge you have on the topic. If you would like to inform people they may where they may purchase your material please do...

By purchasing an ad.

Quote:

Now, you are certainly free to censor my posts.

Not so much "free" as obligated.

Quote:

You are also free to advocate that I be removed from your forum.

As the only person who has had the power to ban members I have never had to advocate with anyone that you be removed from the forum. If the truth be told I have had a number of moderators and members ask for you to be banned over a lengthy periond of time. That is easily verifiable by the record of discussions in the administrators forum. Weither you recognse it or not it appears that you are intent to antagonise and insult perhaps the only person who has served as your advocate. As of today there will be 2 other members with the ability to ban.

Quote:

I would share with you, however, that in the year that I have been observing your forum and in the last few months in which I have been participating, the quality of the discussions and the quality of the typical posts would benefit greatly from having something to examine beyond
c.) Which art is better
d.) Who is the best.

To be accurate I became a member of fighting art on 7/28/04. I became a moderator in April. As the moderator I had only one ability that other members did not have. That was the ability to edit the Meditation and Zen forum. Very recently I was asked to accept the resposibilities as an administrator on the site. Since then I have banned approximatly 17 people that I felt added no value to Mr. Caille or the community. You have not been one of them.

Quote:

If I am incorrect and if this is the sum total that your forum aspires to then, by all means, feel free to banish me.

I "have" no forum. As best as I am able I attemp to abide by the Mr. Caille's priorities. I'm by all means "free" ban you. As of yet I have not been obligated.

Quote:

To my mind, you need what "I" have to offer a whole lot more than I need what you have to offer. FWIW.

I have very little to offer the members or the forum as a whole. What I am able to give I give freely.

#185466 - 09/29/05 10:24 PM Re: what is advertising? [Re: Kintama]
glad2bhere Offline
Enthusiast

So maybe we can get a comparison going. Maybe you would like to post the titles of the books that you have written and we can compare them, yes?

BTW: Assuming that you meant "compliant" the term "uke" is Japanese. You may not know this but the Koreans did not want of need Japanese culture to teach them how to fight. However, the fact that Hapkido does not rely on a compliant partner to accomplish its goals suggests to me that you may be in greater need of A book--- perhaps ANY book on Hapkido.

Best Wishes,

Bruce

Edited by glad2bhere (09/29/05 10:29 PM)

#185467 - 09/29/05 10:28 PM Re: what is advertising? [Re: glad2bhere]
JoelM Offline
Professional Poster

Quote:

So maybe we can get a comparison going. Maybe you would like to post the titles of the books that you have written and we can compare them, yes?

Best Wishes,

Bruce

How does Kintama having written or not written any books have anything to do with this topic? He was not advertising his products for sale.

#185468 - 09/29/05 10:36 PM Re: what is advertising? [Re: JoelM]
glad2bhere Offline
Enthusiast

And neither was I. A judgement has been performed, and it was incorrect. Repeating many times that the judgement was correct will not MAKE it correct.

As far as Kintama's comments I meant only that both he and you Joel are adept at waiting to be fed "straight-lines" which you then exploit for your self-aggrandizement. You risk nothing--- you contribute nothing. If I were forced to characterize the situation I would draw your attention to OLDMAN's post in the discussion about DYNAMIC SPHERE in which my mention of Oscar Ratti's name elicited his remark to the effect that Ratti was an accomplished artist. Not incorrect, certainly, but not much of a contribution to the information base of the subject. Pretty much sums up the way I see posts by you and Kintama. No risk--- no contribution.

Best Wishes,

Bruce

#185469 - 09/29/05 11:16 PM Re: what is advertising? [Re: glad2bhere]
laf7773 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Limbo
Again i ask if you have such low opinions of everyone here, why are you still here? Are you looking for some sort of validation?

#185470 - 09/29/05 11:18 PM Re: what is advertising? [Re: glad2bhere]
JoelM Offline
Professional Poster

You have your views about advertising, we have ours. That point has been made clear. Let's not banter back and forth between.

Quote:

Post by oldman in "Dynamic Sphere" thread:
I won't even begin to say that I understand the Dynamic sphere. I do like to take a moment each time I see Oscar Ratti's name to say I think his artwork is of the highest caliber. It is elegant in its appearant simplicity and completely masterful.

His reply was directed at KiDoHae, not you. Even with the name of the thread I thought of the book, and I don't even own it. Just because you mentioned the name of the author/illustrator does not mean that oldman took inspiration from you. Also, look at the first line, from the start he knows that it was "not much of a contribution," but an aside to the main topic of the thread. I actually found oldman's post to be of great help and interest, being somewhat of an "artist" (how presumptuous of me) myself. Just because it has no bearing for you, does not mean that a post is meaningless. I know that oldman has no need for me or himself to defend him, but I come to the aid of friends when necessary(see my signature), while you seem to attack anyone who comes near you for support or otherwise.

My previous post in this thread is quite relevant to the subject, the one that you brought up. Regarding the quality of posts and threads on this website, I gave quite a bit of proof (2 weeks worth, from 1 sub-forum, not even choosing every thread worthy of inclusion) of the quality. I risk being proved wrong by you. Though it is very doubtful that you will, so maybe there is no risk. My contribution was to prove there is quality on this forum you so commonly like to tear down and insult (bad press, I might add).

If you feel that the quality and content is so low, why don't you go somewhere else? Or have you already been banned from all of the other MA websites? My, you could give kickcatcher a run for his money.

#185471 - 09/30/05 01:36 AM Re: what is advertising? [Re: glad2bhere]
oldman Offline
Professional Poster

Quote:

If I were forced to characterize the situation I would draw your attention to OLDMAN's post in the discussion about DYNAMIC SPHERE in which my mention of Oscar Ratti's name elicited his remark to the effect that Ratti was an accomplished artist. Not incorrect, certainly, but not much of a contribution to the information base of the subject.

Mr Ratti is a contribtor to FightingArts.com . My only contribution to the coversation was a compliment intended to recognize and honor him.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Ryukyu Art
Artifacts from the Ryukyu Kingdom missing since WWII. Visit www.ShisaLion.Org to view pictures

Best Stun Guns
Self Defense Products-stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and more

Surveillance 4U
Complete surveillance systems for covert operations or secure installation security

Asylum Images
Book presents photo tour of the Trans-Allegany Lunatic Asylum. A must if you're going to take a ghost tour!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga