FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 68 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Shanktotheright, royal, bobgalle100011, agenonline, TooNice
22862 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
THEFOREVERMAN 3
Dobbersky 3
MattJ 2
royal 2
SoulJah22 1
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
New Topics
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by Marcus Charles
03/24/14 04:39 PM
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by Dobbersky
03/20/14 05:45 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
AKK kata question
by
09/04/05 01:27 PM
Recent Posts
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by THEFOREVERMAN
Yesterday at 08:22 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by THEFOREVERMAN
Yesterday at 08:20 AM
AKK kata question
by MattJ
04/04/14 05:45 PM
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Forum Stats
22862 Members
36 Forums
35546 Topics
432378 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#185387 - 09/15/05 06:32 AM Re: Guide to Pressure Point Basics [Re: kempo_student]
Gavin Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Southend, Essex, UK
Thanks for your input Daniel. I have been reluctant about sticking this information up on the net, but if you look around the information that is out there is awful for the most part.

With regards to adding the more TCM aspects of Kyusho, I think that this info is too deep to learn without personal supervision. This is also a great way to hide the fact that I really don't know that much about it!

I really don't consider myself a Kyusho guy in the slightest, although I don't like to label myself as anything, I'd probably describe myself as a PP striker. The difference being a Kyusho guy has an educated and indepth understanding of the points. A PP striker is an ignorant thug who knows how to hurt people by sticking his fingers in certian spots!

So although my personal studies are moving in the direction of Kyusho and understanding the real meaning behind the points, I'm not qualified to include any of that information on my site. I find the ponits extremely useful isolated advanced targets at the moment, so that's what I'll write about. I feel its much more important to promote an understanding of the practical aspects of BAR, body mechanics, power and impact, and practical PP striking over actual PP theory. If I ever get a grasp on the finer poitns of Kyusho, I might change my opinion...bt from my current blissfully ignorant state, this is the road I'm walking on at the moment.

#185388 - 09/16/05 05:41 AM Re: Guide to Pressure Point Basics [Re: Gavin]
kempo_student Offline

Loc: Venice, Italy
Ok Gavin,
the simple concepts of KYUSHO are also the more pratical concepts, BAR, ANGLE and METHOD are really pratical than advanced principle and are perfect for your COMBAT ARENA...
Never the less the 5 general principles of KYUSHO Jitsu are simple to learn, so when you will learn these principles you can do a good addiction to your guide and also to your fighting system... If applied these principle have a devastating effect, and if you simplify they into a technique your COMBAT ARENA will gain a lot of power. If you want to understand a little bit how to these principles work I can write you something privately...

P.S. I would push you to learn from someone qualified (not me) the more advanced concepts because they are wonderfull

Bye bye

Daniele Nosella

#185389 - 09/16/05 06:04 AM Re: Guide to Pressure Point Basics [Re: Gavin]
kyushoguy Offline

Loc: uk
Hi

I believe it is extremely dangerous to put out basic PP theory with first showing revival techniques.

People are obviously going to try this stuff out and even rank amateurs can KO people.

Any bona fide teacher will teach you revivals first.

From the mistakes on this thread and the points of the week threads I know this is not put out by a certified teacher.

Who have you studied PP's with for 9 years Gavin?

This is dangerous.

Leave your ego at home

Learn the basics then learn how and what to teach before you post potentially dangerous stuff Gavin.

KG

#185390 - 09/16/05 07:01 AM Re: Guide to Pressure Point Basics [Re: kyushoguy]
MAGr Offline
Veteran

Loc: London, home: Athens
And you are...?

Quote:

I believe it is extremely dangerous to put out basic PP theory with first showing revival techniques

How are you going to show revival techniques? I m pretty sure this post is purely academic, and anyone who thinks its a guide to 'try this at home' is a retard. We are not here to cater for retards just to have helpful discussions

Quote:

From the mistakes on this thread and the points of the week threads I know this is not put out by a certified teacher

I have no idea about PP, but I know that if I had found something that was wrong I would say why it was wrong and what the right way is, rather than just point out it is wrong. What are the mistakes and what is the correct.
This is a discussion, not a way to tell people they are wrong.

Quote:

This is dangerous.

Martial arts are dangerous, do you care to be more specific?

Quote:

Leave your ego at home

Thanks for the advice, it is duly noted

#185391 - 09/16/05 07:40 AM Re: Guide to Pressure Point Basics [Re: kyushoguy]
Gavin Offline
Professional Poster

KG, I'm not going to let this thread turn into a flame war, because I think its an important subject.....but, I can't see how I'm bringing my ego into this by actively sharing PP information IN a PP forum.

Quote:

I've given my opinion on teaching revival's, you've stated yours....post a revival guide if you that bothered.

Quote:

From the mistakes on this thread and the points of the week threads I know this is not put out by a certified teacher.

What mistakes? Oh attacking GB20 rather than BL10. The point you missed, was that we were discussing possible attacks for GB20, not BL10. Yes those attacks are valid for BL10, and might even be a better shot, BUT they are still are valid applications for hitting that point. If you forget the points all together, that area of attack is valid for the applications I discussed.

Quote:

I asked you the same question in a friendly manner, but didn't receive a definate answer. You simply made some vauge claim about studying Kyusho for 20 odd years I believe. The fact that you're based in the UK, makes this claim rather dubious in my opinion, whatever you've done I really don't care.

Right, who have I studied under. We'll my instructor (you all know who he is, and if you don't click on the link in my sig.). Went on the early Dillman UK seminars and also a couple of Vince Morris ones in the early '90's (to my knowledge this was the first time Kyusho was really introduced to the UK)...they were actively teaching the basics contained in my guide. IE some points need rubbing, some pressing some striking. Some respond better to certian stimulus than others. Armed with these basics, we started experimenting using Acupoint charts, pulling out the points from areas that we already targeted. And over the space of 9 or so years of buying TCM and Kyusho books, and attending seminars, and after alot of bruising, pain and discomfort we've started to piece together an idea of what works best for us, exactly the same way alot of other guys have. I've never stated anything else.

The idea of my Point of the Week, and one which I consider to be sucessful, was to present the way myself and colleagues have found to strike certian points, and invite alternatives and opinions. It's as much a learning experience for those reading the points as it is for me.

If you've spotted a mistake, share your experience with us, don't criticize, join in the discussion. If you're not prepared to do that quite frankly you can stay out of the DISCUSSION!

Gav

EDITED - Profanity at the end removed.....Sorry to any mod's before I get slapped!

Edited by Gavin (09/16/05 08:27 AM)

#185392 - 09/16/05 08:25 AM Re: Guide to Pressure Point Basics [Re: kempo_student]
Gavin Offline
Professional Poster

Sorry Daniel, I missed you're post...to busy concerntrating on our new friends response.

With regards to learning the deeper concepts, you are 100% right. Which is why I'm spending the next three years studying shiatsu, in an effort to understand all aspects of the process. The process of applying these principles has already been addressed by Russell Stutely and the OCI guys, and guess who I'm going be on a weeks long camp in Nov? Mr Stutely....I really can't wait, just the little bits and pieces I've gained from their DVD's has already enhanced my MA's alot.

In a few years time, once I have a bit more of a grounding in it I'm most definately add it to the Combat Arena Syllabus, in fact we've left a nice big gap in the syllabus for it's future addition!

If you do get the time to write something I'm always entirely grateful of you experience.

Be well my friend,

Gav

#185393 - 09/16/05 12:38 PM Re: Guide to Pressure Point Basics [Re: kyushoguy]
Kempoman Offline
Veteran

Loc: Houston, TX

Quote:

Originally Posted by kyushoguy
Hi

Howdy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kyusho_guy
I believe it is extremely dangerous to put out basic PP theory with first showing revival techniques.

Yes, because studying and perfecting this stuff is much, much harder that hitting someone in the head with a bat. By the way what is the revival for hitting someone in the head with a bat?

I've posted several general revival techniques and some specific ones here. As well as googling for PP revival will probably yield the proper results.

Not to mention the fact that a healthy individual will most likely wake up on their own anyway and the EV system will return things to normal. If they're not healthy stop hitting them to begin with.

Quote:

People are obviously going to try this stuff out and even rank amateurs can KO people.

Oh the horror I tell you...the Horror...He's right you know (see my comment about baseball bats above).

Seriously though, we call these OSF (Oh Sh#t Factor) knockouts, and they happen. But most people wont take the time to even try it and the ones who do will fail
and then either try some more and fail again or get it right and scare the sh#t out of themselves and then be more careful.

So lighten up dude.

Quote:

I think any bona fide teacher would teach you karate first.

But learning to understand how to heal can only help. By learning how to fix a car engine you know better how to break it with less effort.

Quote:

And what information have you put out for us to pick over? Please entrhall us with one of your perfect treatise on TCM as it applies to fighting.

It is very easy to come and nitpick someone elses efforts, but it takes real balls (sorry lane) to put information out there for others and know that there
is going to be some smart a$$ to pick it apart.

Enlighten us O great one as to your kyusho certifications (I'll match mine against your anyday)

Quote:

And you have been so forthcoming with the information about where you have gleaned your kyusho knowledge from.

Quote:

This is dangerous.

[Monty Python voice]No it isn't[/Monty Python voice]

Quote:

Leave your ego at home

I believe that this is known as the pot calling the kettle black.

You seem to confuse enthusiasm with ego, why?

Quote:

Learn the basics then learn how and what to teach before you post potentially dangerous stuff Gavin.

Why don't you have a nich glass of STFU? mmmmgoood.

Quote:

KG

KM

#185394 - 09/16/05 01:20 PM Re: Guide to Pressure Point Basics [Re: Kempoman]
Gavin Offline
Professional Poster

THE SCENE: Wild West, sun is setting....KEMPOMAN blows the smoke away from his gun. The body of the strange out of town bad guy lies crumpled in a heap on the floor.

ENTER FROM RIGHT: GAVIN dressed in a Red Gingham Dress, hair platted and bosom heaving.

GAVIN jumps into the arms of KEMPOMAN

GAVIN: My oh my Kempoman, I do declare y'all my hero!

KEMPOMAN carries GAVIN off into the horizon.

[THE END]

ROLE CREDITS

KM, swwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwweeet!

Your Padawan,

Gav

#185395 - 09/16/05 03:36 PM Re: Guide to Pressure Point Basics [Re: Gavin]
je8ki9 Offline

Loc: UK
OH MY GOD!!!!
IF id known it was gonna end up like this!
I would never of allowed him to practise karate let alone PPS
I think full contact knitting would have been the order of the day.

#185396 - 09/16/05 06:52 PM Re: Guide to Pressure Point Basics [Re: je8ki9]
Gavin Offline
Professional Poster

Hey....real men wear gingham!

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Ryukyu Art
Artifacts from the Ryukyu Kingdom missing since WWII. Visit www.ShisaLion.Org to view pictures

Best Stun Guns
Self Defense Products-stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and more

Surveillance 4U
Complete surveillance systems for covert operations or secure installation security

Asylum Images
Book presents photo tour of the Trans-Allegany Lunatic Asylum. A must if you're going to take a ghost tour!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga