FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 30 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TomRosenberg, jessylin, play, Keith_G, LeroyCFischer
22937 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
jwwmantis 2
Zombie Zero 1
harlan 1
Beefcake 1
LeroyCFischer 1
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
New Topics
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
Yesterday at 09:40 PM
2015 Master Yang Jwing-Ming Seminar
by jwwmantis
12/05/14 10:36 PM
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
I gained a lot of month in the last few months
by simonajones111
11/19/14 04:54 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by
12/27/06 11:43 AM
Your true goal
by
03/03/06 07:16 AM
Recent Posts
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
Yesterday at 09:40 PM
Your true goal
by Beefcake
12/11/14 02:44 AM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by LeroyCFischer
12/04/14 02:07 AM
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
I gained a lot of month in the last few months
by simonajones111
11/19/14 04:54 AM
Forum Stats
22937 Members
36 Forums
35591 Topics
432526 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#182899 - 09/14/05 11:47 AM Re: EDITING "timeframe" [Re: harlan]
MAGr Offline
Veteran

Loc: London, home: Athens
please ignore my post and look at Harlan's.
Conversation is a much better example.

Plus I just edited something in another post so I guess I should shut up now

#182900 - 09/15/05 11:58 AM Re: EDITING "timeframe" [Re: MAGr]
laf7773 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Limbo
Prior to submitting a post you have the option to preview your post. It's that little check in the box just below the "add signature to this post" box. You know the one i'm sure most people uncheck. That is your opportunity to read over your post to ensure there is actually a coherent thought there and not just a bunch of rambling garble. I can understand that even if you double check your posts you may still miss something and that is why we have the edit function. This function is not here so you can come back the next day and change your post because your getting ripped to pieces by the other members and you want to get rid of any trace of what you have written.

Six hours is more than enough time to edit your post properly.

#182901 - 09/15/05 01:05 PM Re: EDITING "timeframe" [Re: laf7773]
Ronin1966 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: East Coast, United States
Good Morning Lane:

<<Six hours is more than enough time to edit your post properly.

Respectfully, I strongly disagree. I propose that perhaps a full day <gentle shrug> would be even a better time frame. Consider even with good editing, as many have suggested it is still possible to miss something, correct?

If given a larger window to polish/edit ones post/s greater clarity is viable. If the window is a mere 6 hours, modification is meaningfully limited, IMHV-fwiw. As anyone who has written (here or elsewhere) is aware, a new train of thought or the twist of an old one can easily happen with a new day. We can always clarify something if a thread goes the "wrong way", (ie being interpreted incorrectly, due to poor wording...). That was never my issue, nor my point.

Perhaps, perhaps a good comprimise <sp.?> might be the ability to save drafts of a message one is working on ? I do not deny careful initial editing is the first "filter", I am merely proposing others might be worthy of consideration!

Its merely my opinion, I could surely be mistaken,
Jeff

#182902 - 09/15/05 02:10 PM Re: EDITING "timeframe" [Re: Ronin1966]
laf7773 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Limbo
Part of the reasoning behind the six hour limit is accountability. If there is a need to clarify something in your initial post then you should make a second post doing so. There is no reason to edit your original post due to a new train of thought. I say this because in that one day that you have "changed your mind" about your post a number of other members may have already responded. If this is the case then you are derailing the thread, as many of their responses will make no sense to others coming into the thread after you have changed it.

It's simple. Be accountable for what you post. If you post some bizarre far out claim or write something as a knee jerk reaction you should stop and think about it prior to posting it. Grammatical errors aren't that big of a deal so long as they aren't intentional. If someone has a problem with spelling or grammar try typing your post into MS word first then cut and paste it here.

This is like a conversation. In any conversation you can't go back and change what you said. You can only make new statements to amend your previous point of view. It's the same here. Put some thought into your responses, be sure of what you say and be accountable for what you say. Six hours is MORE than enough editing time. If you need to come back the next day to change what you said because you no longer agree with your own statement then your not being honest to yourself or us.

#182903 - 09/19/05 08:15 PM Re: EDITING "timeframe" [Re: Ronin1966]
JoelM Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Georgia, USA
Quote:

Perhaps, perhaps a good comprimise <sp.?> might be the ability to save drafts of a message one is working on ?

Done, and we added spell-check and grammar-check to it as well for your posting pleasure.

It's called Microsoft Word, you should find it on your C drive.

#182904 - 10/27/05 11:04 AM Re: EDITING "timeframe" [Re: JoelM]
iaibear Offline
Veteran

Loc: upstate New York
<<<Done, and we added spell-check and grammar-check to it as well for your posting pleasure.

It's called Microsoft Word, you should find it on your C drive.>>>

This explains my problems with "preview", icons not working, editing, and being unable to spell check without cutting and pasting to a writing software on my desktop. I run a Macintosh. No Microsoft Word. No C Drive.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Self Defense
Offering stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and other self defense products not available in stores.

Pepper Spray
Online distributor of self defense supplies like videos, stun guns, Tasers and more.

Spy Cameras
Surveillance, Hidden Cameras, Nanny Cams, Digital Recorders, Spy Equipment, Pocket DVR's and more

Stun Gun
Wholesale Directlhy to the Public! Stun gun and Taser Guns and personal protection products. Keep your loved ones at home safe!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga