FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 46 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Shanktotheright, royal, bobgalle100011, agenonline, TooNice
22862 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
THEFOREVERMAN 3
MattJ 2
royal 2
Dobbersky 2
ergees 1
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
New Topics
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by Marcus Charles
03/24/14 04:39 PM
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by Dobbersky
03/20/14 05:45 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
AKK kata question
by
09/04/05 01:27 PM
Recent Posts
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by THEFOREVERMAN
04/16/14 08:22 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by THEFOREVERMAN
04/16/14 08:20 AM
AKK kata question
by MattJ
04/04/14 05:45 PM
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Forum Stats
22862 Members
36 Forums
35546 Topics
432378 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Topic Options
#180985 - 08/24/05 06:43 PM Need a little advice...
AkhilleusWeeps Offline

Loc: Tx
I know this topic is well overdrawn but I've been trying to research on tasers and have to wade threw thousands of pages the like of this:
http://www.nolesslethal.org/

Which are (IMHO) damn stupid due to the fact that they all base facts and deaths from the application of less than leathal weapons on drugged up dipshit teens or drunk college kids who should know better.

Anyhow, I'm in MA's but would like the added security of a taser. I was wondering if any of you knew if it was legal to carry in the state of Texas and perhaps advice on what voltage/amperage to get?

I live in deep south texas where my agressor more than likely would be a 5'6 - 5'11 hispanic scumbag (btw, I'm not racist just another Hispanic living in a major Hispanic city and I know how ghetto my kind can be)I'm also thinking of getting one for my girlfriend. I honestly think I'd rather stun a druggy and have him possibly die a couple of days later than have to fight some coked up adrenaline rushing fool who has no regard for my life.

Thanks in advance.

#180986 - 08/25/05 07:15 AM Re: Need a little advice... [Re: AkhilleusWeeps]
otobeawanker Offline

Loc: CANADA
Perhaps buying a Taser is not the answer. You may just be trying to buy confidence or peace of mind.

#180987 - 08/25/05 04:52 PM Re: Need a little advice... [Re: otobeawanker]
AkhilleusWeeps Offline

Loc: Tx
Quote:

Perhaps buying a Taser is not the answer. You may just be trying to buy confidence or peace of mind.

My car has been broken into two times this summer, thankfully I was not around or I believe I would have either fought till they were incapacitated or been seriously injured. My home has been broken into and once, always when I'm away, while my sister was here someone knocked then when my sis didn't answer they tried opening the door. Thankfully the idiot, whomever he was, decided to give up quickly and left.

So with that In mind I think of the threat of being attacked as real. You could have atleast been nice to give an opinion as to what the solution could be. Also, I don't quite understand what you're saying. I am confident in my ability to defend my self but I also know I'm not superman and I wouldnt be able to handle multiple apponents or perhaps one drugged up thug (if it often takes multiple cops i'm gonna be realistic about it). So what would be the problem with buying a taser to add to my peace of mind? I mean, thats the whole reason people buy weapons for their homes is it not? It's also the reason many train in Martial Arts, should a person not join a MA because they are trying to buy confidence or peace of mind?

Granted I know tasers are not play toys and I wouldn't use them as such, only when my life would be placed on the line. Some might say, what are the chances of that? My reply is, tell that to the guy who got mugged and killed, ransomed, or brutally attacked for hateful reasons. Preparation is prevention.

#180988 - 08/26/05 01:02 PM Re: Need a little advice... [Re: AkhilleusWeeps]
otobeawanker Offline

Loc: CANADA
Perhaps my words sounded a bit harsh to you. Sometimes I type from the top of my head. No dis-respect was intended.

Although everything happens for a reason. Your reply demonstrates a real need for such information. Your reply also demonstrates that it is a serious post. So now people with such knowledge may want to help you, and post some information.

My only knowledge of Tasers. Comes from zapping myself with my friends Taser for a couple hours on one New Years eve. Had interesting electrical burns all over my body. They looked like redish lightning patterns. Was kinda cool.

Anyway hope you get what you need.,

#180989 - 08/27/05 05:20 PM Re: Need a little advice... [Re: otobeawanker]
hunterkell Offline

Loc: fl usa
QUESTION:

why do people say, "everything happens for a reason."?
is there proof that everything DOES happen for a reason? or, is it just a way to make oneself feel better when something happens that one doesnt like?

i feel that most of the time, "everything works out for the best." i dont think, "everything happens for a reason.". but maybe that is MY way of justifying stuff that happens to me that i dont like.

not being a smartass, nor am i looking for a theological debate, just looking for deeper thought on this....

Kel

ps: are civilians required to possess some type of permit to carry a tazer where your at? might it be termed a weapon (since it can render someone incapacited) and therefore be considered illegal to carry?

Edited by hunterkell (08/27/05 05:23 PM)

Nothing is impossible for the person that doesn't have to do it.

#180990 - 01/15/06 10:41 AM Re: Need a little advice... [Re: AkhilleusWeeps]
Glockmeister Offline

Loc: Lancaster, Pa
why not just buy a smith and wesson? Or a Glock?

Edited by Glockmeister (01/15/06 10:42 AM)

Moderator:  Cord, Fletch1, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Stun Guns
Variety of stun gun devices for your protection

Buy Pepper Spray
Worry about your family when you’re not around? Visit us today to protect everything you value.

Koryu.com
Accurate information on the ancient martial traditions of the Japanese samurai

C2 Taser
Protect yourself and loved ones from CRIME with the latest C2 Taser citizen model. Very effective.

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga