FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 27 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TomRosenberg, jessylin, play, Keith_G, LeroyCFischer
22937 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
jwwmantis 2
Beefcake 1
LeroyCFischer 1
futsaowingchun 1
Zombie Zero 1
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
New Topics
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
12/17/14 09:40 PM
2015 Master Yang Jwing-Ming Seminar
by jwwmantis
12/05/14 10:36 PM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by
12/27/06 11:43 AM
Your true goal
by
03/03/06 07:16 AM
Recent Posts
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
12/17/14 09:40 PM
Your true goal
by Beefcake
12/11/14 02:44 AM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by LeroyCFischer
12/04/14 02:07 AM
Forum Stats
22937 Members
36 Forums
35591 Topics
432526 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#180865 - 08/25/05 09:52 AM Re: Point of the Week - Gall Bladder 20 [Re: kyushoguy]
Gavin Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Southend, Essex, UK
Hiya Kyshoguy,

Thanks for the input. I don't know that guy in the video, what a load of crap....couldn't hit his way out of wet paper bag.....Oh, bugger it's me! Valid comments about the angle and direction though, we're still new at making video's.

The photo's were taken a few months ago, but that shot was definately supposed to be going to GB20.....I'll blame on the photographer!

To be completely honest, I've never really looked much at BL10, only taken glances at it. I've also really got really good results from GB20 so just stuck with that to be honest. Just looked it up in a few books though, man what a point!

Where abouts in the UK do you train?

#180866 - 08/25/05 02:16 PM Re: Point of the Week - Gall Bladder 20 [Re: Gavin]
awais786 Offline

Loc: ONT. CANADA
Quote:

Ok, this is first "Point of the Week". If you guys find this interesting, I'll try and do one every week....till we run out!

As usual as with all Martial Arts techniques make sure that you only practice them under the supervision of a qualified instructor. Also make sure that you are fully aware of the revoery techniques for Pressure Point K.O's. I *WILL NOT* cover these here, you need to learn them from an instructor. If you don't know the recovery procedures you have no business messing around with PP's!

Now without further a do, lets get on with the show......

Gall Bladder 20/GB20 or Feng Chi (Pool Of Wind)

This weeks point is Gall Bladder 20, or GB20 for short. It is a Wood Meridian and is of a Yang polarity according to TCM theory. It is located at the based of the Skull here!

Striking

GB20 needs to be struck at a 45 degree upwards into the skull towards the opposite side of the skull. It responds best to a sharp heavy trauma style of strike, such as ridgehand, knifehand and palm heel.

A moderate powered strike to GB20 will instantly stun an opponent and will probably cause them to momentarily blackout for a second or two. In the "Pressure Point Atlas" by Master Mike Patrick, he states that a strike here will lower the blood pressure, I can't confirm this as I've never tested it. A hard strike here will cause an easy KO and is common KO point used in demonstrations. A full power strike to this point is likely to cause death. I've seen WWII Comando manuals that have listed this area of attack.

Applications

Obviously the ways in which this point could be struck are endless, I'll list some ways in which I teach to strike it to prompt discussion for further applications.

Firstly from a clinch. If you have your hands on the outside and the opponents head is quite high and the back of the neck is exposed, you can strike this point with a short hooking ridgehand. It is tricky to get the power and accuracy from this position but it is possible. You can use you opponents hair (if they have some!) to expose the point better.

Another application is after a groin strike causing the opponent to lurch over and expose the point. A quick whack with a knife hand works wonders from this position.

Another is splipping to the outside of big lunging punch so that you end up behind your opponent and using a vertical fist or palm heel in works nicely.

For LEO's and Doormen, approaching from behind delivering a subtle palm heel when entering on someone can stun them very easily. Obviously not an offical technique but doesn't show up easily on CCTV and doesn't leave a mark on them. NOTE - Mod's I'll remove this one if asked.

Obviously applications are purely subjective, but hopefully we can have a sensiable discussion now on the realistic apllication of this target!

-----------

Was that of any interest to anyone? Would you like a Point of the Week post every week????

Hmm this is a nice techinque and i have used it once or twice while training{not with full power of course}And this is very effective.

#180867 - 08/25/05 06:37 PM Re: Point of the Week - Gall Bladder 20 [Re: awais786]
Jango Offline

Look forward to more post from you Gavin good work and eveyone who contributed.

#180868 - 08/26/05 04:52 AM Re: Point of the Week - Gall Bladder 20 [Re: Jango]
Gavin Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Southend, Essex, UK
Thanks, any requests for the next point????

#180869 - 08/26/05 08:10 AM Re: Point of the Week - Gall Bladder 20 [Re: Gavin]
Jango Offline

Large Intestine 10 if you don't mind. It's element if metal. I would like to see how you would create a creative technique on this one .

I dont mind do any point you find effective in practice.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Ryukyu Art
Artifacts from the Ryukyu Kingdom missing since WWII. Visit www.ShisaLion.Org to view pictures

Best Stun Guns
Self Defense Products-stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and more

Surveillance 4U
Complete surveillance systems for covert operations or secure installation security

Asylum Images
Book presents photo tour of the Trans-Allegany Lunatic Asylum. A must if you're going to take a ghost tour!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga