FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 44 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Shanktotheright, royal, bobgalle100011, agenonline, TooNice
22862 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
THEFOREVERMAN 3
Dobbersky 2
MattJ 2
royal 2
Jeff_G 1
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
New Topics
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by Marcus Charles
03/24/14 04:39 PM
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by Dobbersky
03/20/14 05:45 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
AKK kata question
by
09/04/05 01:27 PM
Recent Posts
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by THEFOREVERMAN
04/16/14 08:22 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by THEFOREVERMAN
04/16/14 08:20 AM
AKK kata question
by MattJ
04/04/14 05:45 PM
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Forum Stats
22862 Members
36 Forums
35546 Topics
432378 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#178653 - 08/16/05 01:07 PM Mind, Body and Kick Ass Moves with Chris Crudelli
imcrazy Offline
cereal killer

Loc: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Anyone seen this? I ask because I'm somewhat skeptical of it. Is it one of those documentary shows where they actually talk about the truth and history behind the arts? Or is it one of those shows for pure entertainment value and simply shows all the "mystical" or "magical" sides to the arts and further makes people believe that martial arts are just fantasy. I think I saw a post somewhere about this show however I was unable to find it through search.

#178654 - 08/16/05 03:29 PM Re: Mind, Body and Kick Ass Moves with Chris Crudelli [Re: imcrazy]
Kintama Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Massachusetts

#178655 - 08/18/05 07:18 AM Re: Mind, Body and Kick Ass Moves with Chris Crudelli [Re: imcrazy]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Loc: Cambridge UK.
Quote:

Anyone seen this? I ask because I'm somewhat skeptical of it. Is it one of those documentary shows where they actually talk about the truth and history behind the arts? Or is it one of those shows for pure entertainment value and simply shows all the "mystical" or "magical" sides to the arts and further makes people believe that martial arts are just fantasy. I think I saw a post somewhere about this show however I was unable to find it through search.

Its not a bad show IMO, he goes around the world, visiting a different culture and high ranking exponents of its respective arts, interviews them, gets an overview of them, trains a little in the style, and sometimes spars his style against theirs (he does a form of kung fu). All this is interjected with 'David Blain' style self defence tips delivered on the street (this is by far the weakest part of the show).
If you ever saw 'Deadly Arts' with Jesse De Normandeau and found the idea good but its presentation was a little dry, and the presenter not skilled enough to really give the arts a good 'college try' (she never got to grips with anything IMO), then 'mind Body....' may well be a good hours entertainment for you.

#178656 - 08/22/05 11:33 AM Re: Mind, Body and Kick Ass Moves with Chris Crude [Re: Cord]
imcrazy Offline
cereal killer

Loc: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Well I've watched a few episodes, and I have to agree with Cord. However this is because they are trying to show martial arts to the people who know little more than the word "Karate" and the name "Bruce Lee". They can't make it too complicated or else the audience would loose interest.

However if anyone who reads this is looking for a more in depth look into the arts, this certainly isn't it. And the self defence tips in 5 seconds portitions are very weak. I also find that he doesn't spend enough time on one art to really give the viewers an idea of it (aside from its name). Maybe if he had made every episode dedicated to one martial art, it would be better (but again the general public would probably find that boring). And his chi power segments seemed a little hokey, having never trained with "chi power" as it were and I also don't believe in it like the chinese do. So naturally I was a little skeptical of his little tricks (guess you have to be there). Oh ya and he likes to break things to keep people interested . But in the end it didn't seem like it was focusing on the fairy tales of the arts per say.

If anyone knows of a great tv series or documentary series that goes through different arts in alot more detail (for those of us with some knowledge in martial arts already), please let me know. This is what I'm looking for right now. Thanks.

#178657 - 08/30/05 05:24 PM Re: Mind, Body and Kick Ass Moves with Chris Crude [Re: imcrazy]
funstick5000 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: West Yorkshire, England
thank you so much for bringing this up. i'd totally forgotten about this show. twas great although once they did show some martial art when you controlled people with your chi and they had a 'master' making one of his students run around in circles by 'guiding him' with his hand. bit b*ll*cks that episode.

#178658 - 08/31/05 04:01 AM Re: Mind, Body and Kick Ass Moves with Chris Crude [Re: funstick5000]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Yep I remember that one- and the behind the screen 'dodge the intent before the strike' training they were doing was daft as well, but I guess it makes them a lot of money. It was a wasted episode of the show when you think of all the great arts that could have taken its place.

#178659 - 08/31/05 04:43 AM Re: Mind, Body and Kick Ass Moves with Chris Crude [Re: Cord]
Tezza Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Kent, U.K.
Hi guys i was on bbc3 website and spotted that mind body and kick ass moves is on bbc3 on monday 5th at 7:30 if anyone is interested. Its only a replay but still thought i would inform you as you were talking about it.

#178660 - 08/31/05 06:21 AM Re: Mind, Body and Kick Ass Moves with Chris Crude [Re: Tezza]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Nice one Tezza!! On the subject of MA on UK television, look out for the following:

Cage Rage and King of the Cage- Men and Motors. 10pm onwards on selected weeknights.

UFC- Bravo. 10pm onwards weekends and selected weeknights

Deadly Arts- Adventure One. varying times/days

Happy viewing

#178661 - 08/31/05 08:00 AM Re: Mind, Body and Kick Ass Moves with Chris Crude [Re: Cord]
Tezza Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Kent, U.K.
Cheers. I will look out for them

#178662 - 09/05/05 04:49 PM Re: Mind, Body and Kick Ass Moves with Chris Crude [Re: Tezza]
michael1976 Offline
Stranger

Take a look at this website and you will find it's just come out on DVD.
http://play.com/play247.asp?pa=srmr&page=title&r=R2&title=656579

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Fight Videos
Night club fight footage and street fights captured with the world's first bouncer spy cam

How to Matrix!
Learn ten times faster with new training method. Learn entire arts for as little as $10 per disk.

Self Defense
Stun guns, pepper spray, Mace and self defense products. Alarms for personal and home use.

TASER MC26C
Stop An Urban Gorilla: Get 2 FREE TASER M26C Replacement Air Cartridges With Each New TASER M26C!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga