FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 48 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
ksusanc, kellypnik123, leyinn, Ron_Cooley, businns
22902 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Dobbersky 12
cxt 7
trevek 6
JKogas 5
TaekwonDoFan 2
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
New Topics
centerline concepts
by futsaowingchun
07/14/14 10:49 PM
language of syllabus
by trevek
07/11/14 03:36 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:14 AM
10 San Sik drills-Wing Chun's foundation
by futsaowingchun
06/30/14 11:20 AM
"Ip Man" and "Ip Man 2" the movies.
by TaekwonDoFan
06/30/14 11:02 AM
Iaido movements speed
by TooNice
04/14/14 01:47 PM
Anderson Silva - Leg Break
by Dobbersky
12/30/13 08:32 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
Gi or no Gi Grappling?
by Prizewriter
04/16/12 02:48 PM
MMA - A passing Fad
by Dobbersky
04/12/12 11:16 AM
Recent Posts
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by cxt
Yesterday at 11:35 AM
centerline concepts
by Dobbersky
07/18/14 06:14 AM
language of syllabus
by trevek
07/14/14 04:50 PM
Gi or no Gi Grappling?
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:38 AM
MMA - A passing Fad
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:35 AM
Anderson Silva - Leg Break
by Dobbersky
07/09/14 06:13 AM
Throwing
by JKogas
07/03/14 07:40 PM
10 San Sik drills-Wing Chun's foundation
by futsaowingchun
06/30/14 11:20 AM
"Ip Man" and "Ip Man 2" the movies.
by TaekwonDoFan
06/30/14 11:02 AM
Forget all that health stuff
by TaekwonDoFan
06/29/14 03:18 AM
Forum Stats
22902 Members
36 Forums
35563 Topics
432450 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#172477 - 07/28/05 01:46 PM Instant learning????
Fightin_Irish Offline

Alright basically, i have been looking at this program for months now wondering if i should try this or not, it's a lot of money, but still it looks like it could benefit me at least a little. Go to the site www.topsecrettraining.com it's a very interesting site, read the whole thing and please tell me what you think. And please, just because I am thinking of trying this program don't assume that I don't know about all the hard work that it takes to be a master of an art (thats not my goal anyway). Basically my reason for trying this would simply be to speed up the learning process of martial arts, and the faster I can learn, the more I will learn, and the more I learn, the more I will know, and as they say knowledge is power.

Thank you for your time.

#172478 - 07/28/05 01:52 PM Re: Instant learning???? [Re: Fightin_Irish]
GungFuTy Offline

Loc: UT
It's a scam so don't don't do it!

#172479 - 07/28/05 02:09 PM Re: Instant learning???? [Re: GungFuTy]
Fightin_Irish Offline

I know it seems like it... and most of me says not even to think about it, but what I really want to do is find someone who has tried it and talk to them, but whenever I search for it on google nothing comes up, but that site, if you could keep your eye out for anybody who might have tried it I would appreciate it.

Thanks for your insight.

#172480 - 07/28/05 02:31 PM Re: Instant learning???? [Re: Fightin_Irish]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Loc: York PA. USA
It is BS, don't waste your time. Find a school in your area and train.

#172481 - 07/28/05 02:33 PM Re: Instant learning???? [Re: GungFuTy]
Leo_E_49 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: California
Quote:

It's a scam so don't don't do it!

He's right, it is. Go get some proper training and put in the hours.

"There are no shortcuts to anyplace worth going." - Beverly Sills

#172482 - 07/28/05 02:59 PM Re: Instant learning???? [Re: Leo_E_49]
Fightin_Irish Offline

Honestly, I don't think you guys are really getting what I want to know, as far as I'm concerned there is no better way to learn than time and training. My curiosity is more geared towards if it works, than why? Trust me I am completely certain that if I want training than I will go to a local school, (and I do want training so there ya go). and I also would appreciate it if you would lengthen your replies and tell why you think so.

I really enjoy reading your opinions. Thanks.

#172483 - 07/28/05 03:37 PM Re: Instant learning???? [Re: Fightin_Irish]
butterfly Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Torrance, CA
FI,

The reason you aren't getting responses on this is that it is very, very, very easily to be dismissed on several levels. This ad is there to pander to the gullible.

The one thing that the advertisement doesn't do is claim to teach fantastic techniques, just a way to ingrain the knowledge more quickly.

But let's look at the add as stated. What bill did congress pass to ban this particular study methodology? If it was illegal in some respect, why is it being sold on the internet? Who are the folk who listed their names as approving and accepting this training method?

The military is much more interested in the use of weapons that H2H combat in any case, so the emphasis is just not there.

Secondly, ask anyone involved in the military if they have even heard of this? This is snake oil.

If you look at anyone in the MAs and ask them if there is an easier way of practicing, they will say no. You just have to do it. That's it.

Similarly, ask anyone who is a musician and ask...can I become very proficient without pracicing for very long? The answer will again be a no.

So, if you want to....please, use your money...and then tell us if there was anything that you really took away from the program that benefitted you in the speed of your MA training? The qualification here is that it has to be something that you could only get from this program and that it helped you to be a "bad ass" in a few hours as the ad stated.

Regards,

-B

#172484 - 07/28/05 03:37 PM Re: Instant learning???? [Re: Fightin_Irish]
Leo_E_49 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: California
Past experience of the majority of forum members I've talked with says that this sort of thing is a con. I've steered clear of this sort of thing my whole life, it stinks of deciet.

Since when has anything been deemed "too powerful for the public". We're all only human, no one's a lethal weapon. People have guns which are pretty darned powerful, certainly not too powerful for the public in the US at least.

The bold text and stark colours just scream "marketing ploy" to me, they're trying to make you believe what they're saying and what they're saying are probably lies. It tries to make itself "secret" and therefore exclusive, making the rediculous price tag seem like a bargain. I don't see what federal agents would care whether individuals train in MA.

Ask someone from the military here, they don't waste their time training in unarmed combat, they're all issued with weapons. The unarmed combat in the military is supposedly far from comprehensive.

Moreover, it's a DVD! Learning an new MA skill by watching it on DVD just won't work effectively. You need hands on training by a qualified instructor. It'd be like trying to learn how to drive a car just by watching a video of someone driving a car, completely pointless unless you already know how to drive!

And the worst thing is he signs off as Lieutenant X! LMAO! I mean, give me a break. All of his stories and credentials could have been made up, you don't even know the name of the person who made the tape! You said it yourself, it doesn't feel right and no one outside that website has ever heard of it! The clear reason is because it is a con job, take our advice and find a qualified instructor. Take a free first class in his/her school and see if it's right for you, if not, move on and find another school. Any MA can be effective, if it's the style that suits you. YOU make the art effective, not the other way around. If you want to learn something, hop to it and start learning properly.

Edited by Leo_E_49 (07/28/05 03:45 PM)

#172485 - 07/28/05 03:49 PM Re: Instant learning???? [Re: Fightin_Irish]
Gula Offline

"Being Talented or Athletic Has Little To Do With Becoming a Dominant Fighter...At Any Level" Hehehehe =D Sounds like the ab king 2ks in Tv shop "you can loose weight with out doing anything!"

Common sense says that it is nonesense! but some desire it to be true so much that they ignore the voice of sanity.

But If I were a rich bas*ard Id order it just for the heck of it to see what's on that DVD =P

Edit: Some grammar fixes =P

Edited by Gula (07/28/05 03:53 PM)

#172486 - 07/28/05 06:32 PM Re: Instant learning???? [Re: Fightin_Irish]
funstick5000 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: West Yorkshire, England
this site has been mentioned before (and naturally flamed to a crisp) all it is is a very good advert for a load of cr*p.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Cord, MattJ, Reiki, tkd_high_green 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Fight Videos
Night club fight footage and street fights captured with the world's first bouncer spy cam

How to Matrix!
Learn ten times faster with new training method. Learn entire arts for as little as $10 per disk.

Self Defense
Stun guns, pepper spray, Mace and self defense products. Alarms for personal and home use.

TASER MC26C
Stop An Urban Gorilla: Get 2 FREE TASER M26C Replacement Air Cartridges With Each New TASER M26C!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga