FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
1 registered (futsaowingchun), 28 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bartfast, ZapEm, AndyLA, danacohenn, ksusanc
22906 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Dobbersky 6
AndyLA 5
Ed_Morris 4
futsaowingchun 3
VDJ 2
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
New Topics
Biu Tzu- Snake hand strike
by futsaowingchun
08/27/14 09:02 PM
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
08/20/14 09:54 PM
2013 World Championship Rio: The Gallery (HD)
by ergees
08/19/14 05:22 AM
Chi Sao demonstration
by futsaowingchun
08/14/14 10:57 PM
Decent Fight channel
by FrankyFruits
08/07/14 09:19 PM
2014 European Championships Cadets Athens: Videos
by ergees
08/07/14 10:00 AM
Life goes on....
by Dobbersky
08/07/14 05:59 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:14 AM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Recent Posts
Biu Tzu- Snake hand strike
by futsaowingchun
08/27/14 09:02 PM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Ed_Morris
08/26/14 09:58 PM
The Karate punch
by Ed_Morris
08/26/14 09:27 PM
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
08/20/14 09:54 PM
2013 World Championship Rio: The Gallery (HD)
by ergees
08/19/14 05:22 AM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by VDJ
08/15/14 05:46 PM
Chi Sao demonstration
by futsaowingchun
08/14/14 10:57 PM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by Dobbersky
08/11/14 05:03 AM
Decent Fight channel
by FrankyFruits
08/07/14 09:19 PM
2014 European Championships Cadets Athens: Videos
by ergees
08/07/14 10:00 AM
Forum Stats
22906 Members
36 Forums
35572 Topics
432478 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 7 of 13 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12 13 >
Topic Options
#169287 - 08/10/05 11:09 AM Re: How many real fights? [Re: Gavin]
SANCHIN31 Offline
Former Moderator

Loc: Arkansas, U.S.
Quote:

Quote:

I sometimes feel like sharing fights I've had,but I can't without feeling like a virtual tough guy,which I am not.

I really find this bit hard, how not to sound like a complete a$$ when describing practical experiences.

Exactly,it feels weird and sounds dumb to me. Even if they are completely true. I find it hard to type in the details without sounding like a moron.

Quote:

Can I ask what is about Cord and Belnick that you find honest?

They've both been on here a while,are very big,and just list the facts.Belnick has even posted pictures of the weapons he carries and seems to have no conscious. Cord is a great guy and wouldn't lie to us.

#169288 - 08/10/05 01:03 PM Re: How many real fights? [Re: SANCHIN31]
Neko456 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Midwest City, Ok, USA
I feel that I can tell when people are not telling the truth and I can tell when I'm talking to a seasoned fighter and a guy that just got lucky (bump chest and the fight was stopped) or has been in a couple of scrapes and held his own. Theres a confident level in how he explain his part and theres not alot lot why it happened, even if the writting or language is broken.

Theres nothing like being there seeing it happen, and I know there is always two sides of a story, but I can only hear one side at a time. I find the the guy that can tell his story or has a one to tell more informative then the guy that will says, "That could never happen we live in a civilized world now". I mean speak for yourself, read the paper, turn on a police scanner, come back partying after 3:00am stop to get gas as a 7-11 on the wrong part of town.
I can get into the same if not worse trouble as I did when I was a teen if I hung out in the same area. Sounds stupid for a 40+ yr. old guy but when I drive by the old neighborhood I see classmates their still doing the same thing.

It depends if & where you go out at night and sometimes it just comes to You.

I enjoy hearing that the Martial works for all you hard training guys, I mean you have Prey and you have Predators, being aware and training decides which We are. MHO.

Belive it or Not.

#169289 - 08/10/05 02:02 PM Re: How many real fights? [Re: SANCHIN31]
DizzyDogg6803 Offline

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I sometimes feel like sharing fights I've had,but I can't without feeling like a virtual tough guy,which I am not.

I really find this bit hard, how not to sound like a complete a$$ when describing practical experiences.

Exactly,it feels weird and sounds dumb to me. Even if they are completely true. I find it hard to type in the details without sounding like a moron.

This is exactly how I feel. If I ever did get into a fight, I definitly would not post it on here just for those reasons alone.

#169290 - 08/10/05 03:25 PM Re: How many real fights? [Re: DizzyDogg6803]
Neko456 Offline
Professional Poster

So you won't be reading these type Questions? Or do you guys logon to read how other Martial Artist sound like morons because they were force to protected/defend themselves when attacked. Hell why be ashame of it, you can't erase it might as well get it out of your system.
Now I won't talk about it in person unless the person saw it and wanted to ask question.

Some people need to know this stuff Works. I can't tell you the young and old people that has asked, Can you really fight using the Martial arts? What if the guy comes at you punching really hard? Or I can't imagine letting some guy hit me, to hit him back harder. Who's gonna let somebody hit them in a real fight?????

Even in the people that don't reply with a past event, I learn from, the people that say, I don't believe that happen or that anybody can or should fight back. I learn that we all come from different parts of the world, and expect and have experience that reality.

Edited by Neko456 (08/10/05 03:28 PM)

#169291 - 08/10/05 03:32 PM Re: How many real fights? [Re: Intrepidinv1]
harlan Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Amherst, MA
What is a 'real fight'?

#169292 - 08/10/05 04:23 PM Re: How many real fights? [Re: Neko456]
DizzyDogg6803 Offline

Quote:

So you won't be reading these type Questions? Or do you guys logon to read how other Martial Artist sound like morons because they were force to protected/defend themselves when attacked. Hell why be ashame of it, you can't erase it might as well get it out of your system.
Now I won't talk about it in person unless the person saw it and wanted to ask question.

Some people need to know this stuff Works. I can't tell you the young and old people that has asked, Can you really fight using the Martial arts? What if the guy comes at you punching really hard? Or I can't imagine letting some guy hit me, to hit him back harder. Who's gonna let somebody hit them in a real fight?????

Even in the people that don't reply with a past event, I learn from, the people that say, I don't believe that happen or that anybody can or should fight back. I learn that we all come from different parts of the world, and expect and have experience that reality.

I dont think you, or anybody else on here are morons. Like I said before, I dont mean to offend anybody, this is just how I feel.

I dont think less of anybody that has posted a story on here. In fact, I enjoy reading some of the stories. I would just feel weird doing it myself.

As Sanchin31 was saying though, I can definitly see how some of the stories make people look like VTG's. Whether they are trying to or not, it is hard to post a fight without looking like one.

#169293 - 08/10/05 04:34 PM Re: How many real fights? [Re: Neko456]
SANCHIN31 Offline
Former Moderator

Quote:

So you won't be reading these type Questions? Or do you guys logon to read how other Martial Artist sound like morons because they were force to protected/defend themselves when attacked.

Oh,don't be so defensive. I didn't say anyone here was a moron. I said I would feel like one if I tried to describe past fights.

Almost all of the situations you described can be avoided. I don't hang out in bars or on the street til' 3a.m. etc...
I realize things happen,but most can be avoided.

#169294 - 08/10/05 05:27 PM Re: How many real fights? [Re: SANCHIN31]
Neko456 Offline
Professional Poster

I found your sega of the friend gone bad a great story and a wise decision not to use the gun, after dumping him on his head, he left it alone. It seems the manly art of self defense worked for You.

I'd rather feel like a moron then be the guy dumped on my head, Predator or Prey my friend.

Personally I don't see nothing moronic about answering the question have you ever been in a street fight?

Now what sound like a moron to me is saying yeah I like to street fight, but I always get my a$$ kicked. If you don't know get some training, ask somebody.

I'm not defensive, I'm always proactive, I like postive responce not negative, I Can't, It work work for Me, I'm scared I might get hurt. Dump them on their a$$, even if they were your friend, $hit happens.

I like that!!!

#169295 - 08/10/05 06:15 PM Re: How many real fights? [Re: Neko456]
shoshinkan Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: UK
Actually i think posting about these things can be a little difficult, as i said before I have had about a dozen incidents, I didnt win them all.

In fact I was badly damaged on 2 occasions and thinking about those is difficult at best, let alone writing about them on the forum, thats why i tend to keep things a little generall, but im confident enough on here to talk relativly open and freely, but not everyone is.

I actually beleive most people unless they give me reason to doubt their word, I like to hear other martial artists expierience posative or negative, one day it might help me out of trouble.

www.shoshinkanuk.blogspot.com

#169296 - 08/10/05 08:09 PM You got it! [Re: Neko456]
SANCHIN31 Offline
Former Moderator

Ok Neko,you win. At the risk of embarassing myself I'll tell you guys about a fight I had.

It was in 1993 in a restaurant I worked in. I was a cook and there was a guy who was a bully,he was 26 and bigger than me by 75lbs(guessing),I'm 31 now.
He always picked on everyone in the kitchen including hitting,pushing,and knocking people down along with constant ridicule.
One day it was the wrong day! I had worked 10hrs and he came in yelling at me(he was the head cook). I said "Lance,why don't you just shutup?!" He charged me and shoved me back several feet into a wall,hard.He had me pinned with his hands and said "NOBODY tells ME to shutup!!!" then he turned around to walk off and I completely lost my marbles and told him "Hey,Lance.Shut the hell up!" He turned and charged again only this time I just started hitting him over and over until he fell. Then a couple of co workers grabbed each of us.He was still on the ground and I started stomping his head.They let us go and he charged again.I managed to get him in a headlock and grabbed a 12" butcher knife and held it to his throat. Then suddenly I came to my senses and dropped it. Everyone includung him just stood there staring at me as I was trembling in tears.
We were fired ofcourse. A couple of years later I saw him in a store parkinglot. He just walked past and said "How's it going Brian?"

I felt terrible for what I did or could have done due to me losing it. I have no excuses and am not proud,but there it is.

Page 7 of 13 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12 13 >

Moderator:  Cord, Dedicated1, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Ryukyu Art
Artifacts from the Ryukyu Kingdom missing since WWII. Visit www.ShisaLion.Org to view pictures

Best Stun Guns
Self Defense Products-stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and more

Surveillance 4U
Complete surveillance systems for covert operations or secure installation security

Asylum Images
Book presents photo tour of the Trans-Allegany Lunatic Asylum. A must if you're going to take a ghost tour!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga