FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 41 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AndyLA, danacohenn, ksusanc, kellypnik123, leyinn
22904 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Dobbersky 15
cxt 8
trevek 6
futsaowingchun 3
JKogas 2
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
New Topics
Applied center line theory
by futsaowingchun
07/28/14 08:55 AM
centerline concepts
by futsaowingchun
07/14/14 10:49 PM
language of syllabus
by trevek
07/11/14 03:36 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:14 AM
Anderson Silva - Leg Break
by Dobbersky
12/30/13 08:32 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
Gi or no Gi Grappling?
by Prizewriter
04/16/12 02:48 PM
MMA - A passing Fad
by Dobbersky
04/12/12 11:16 AM
Throwing
by
04/23/05 10:58 PM
Recent Posts
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by cxt
Yesterday at 12:01 PM
Gi or no Gi Grappling?
by Dobbersky
07/29/14 05:11 AM
Applied center line theory
by futsaowingchun
07/28/14 08:55 AM
centerline concepts
by futsaowingchun
07/28/14 08:53 AM
language of syllabus
by trevek
07/14/14 04:50 PM
MMA - A passing Fad
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:35 AM
Anderson Silva - Leg Break
by Dobbersky
07/09/14 06:13 AM
Throwing
by JKogas
07/03/14 07:40 PM
Forum Stats
22904 Members
36 Forums
35564 Topics
432457 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 12 of 13 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 >
Topic Options
#169337 - 10/29/06 04:26 PM Re: How many real fights? [Re: Cord]
Chen Zen Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Ms
Sic em, Cord!

#169338 - 10/29/06 04:34 PM Re: How many real fights? [Re: Chen Zen]
Mishael Offline
Dragon

Loc: PA USA
Perhaps, I should consider sending my mensa card back. But since the fight was over twenty years ago, I think I will keep it. I don't know anything about the laws in England. I usually made my living training guard dogs or driving tractor trailer trucks, but I have also worked apartment security and bounced when I was between jobs. It can be dangerous work. Richard Grannon I believe is a doorman in England. If you can fight anywhere near his level then you have my respect as well. I don't believe in keyboard wars, they are kind of childish. You are entitled to your opinion.

#169339 - 10/29/06 04:36 PM Re: How many real fights? [Re: Mishael]
Mishael Offline
Dragon

Chen Zen, I feel bad; I don't have any cheer leaders.

#169340 - 10/29/06 07:44 PM Re: How many real fights? [Re: Mishael]
Chen Zen Offline
Professional Poster

Perhaps you're in the wrong sport, or just not a very good player.

#169341 - 10/29/06 09:02 PM Re: How many real fights? [Re: Chen Zen]
Mishael Offline
Dragon

Chen Zen, I am not in a sport. I was referring to you're telling Cord to sic. That would make you either his master or his cheerleader. Have you picked up any dogs by the ears lately. The Bible says that a person who involves himself in another's dispute is like a man that picks up a dog by the ears. Funny how many people do that and are surprised when they are bit. Chen Zen, how many real fights have you had? Or do you just stand around cheering on others?

#169342 - 10/29/06 09:09 PM Re: How many real fights? [Re: Mishael]
Chen Zen Offline
Professional Poster

I know what you were referring. My answer was an anology that roughly meant, tell the truth and people wont call you a liar. You know, change sports, rather than being a competitive liar.

As for Me and Cord's relationship, we're friends and peers. We work together to sniff out bs, like you so blatantly spewed on this thread. I simply commended him for calling you on it. As far as getting bit goes, if thats the extent of your bite then perhaps you should invest in dentures cause i think you just gummed me. As for my answer to the question of fights, my answers up there. Read if you feel like researching someone. Dont be mad because someone sniffed out some BS. Be mad because its you who stinks.

#169343 - 10/29/06 09:22 PM Re: How many real fights? [Re: Mishael]
JKogas Offline
Prolific

Loc: North Carolina
Perhaps it's time this thread should be locked???

-John

#169344 - 10/29/06 09:30 PM Re: How many real fights? [Re: JKogas]
Chen Zen Offline
Professional Poster

I was surprised it lasted this long with all the VTG's around here.

#169345 - 10/30/06 03:02 AM Re: How many real fights? [Re: Mishael]
Happy Birthday Cord Offline
Prolific

Loc: Cambridge UK.
Quote:

I don't know anything about the laws in England. I usually made my living training guard dogs or driving tractor trailer trucks

And this explains the guy with the gun not being prosecuted how exactly?

Quote:

I have also worked apartment security and bounced when I was between jobs. It can be dangerous work.

can't argue with that.

Quote:

Richard Grannon I believe is a doorman in England.

We have thousands of doormen in Britain, I was one, Gavin is one, McSensei is about to become one (other forum members/moderator). As for 'celebrity' doormen, out highest profile guy would be Geoff Thompson, who has written several best selling books, some autobiographical, others on the nature of violence and self defence. There is also Steve Jones who does a monthly article in MA illustrated called 'Samurai on the door', outside of that there are none with nationaly recogniseable names that I can think of.
Isn't Richard Grannon the cop who fought Kimo, nearly got fired for it, then got a UFC match and got his but kicked- and nearly got fired for it? If so, he is American, and highlights how much trouble a cop would get in for moonlighting as a bouncer and pulling a gun on someone in your movie action scene- er, sorry, 'real life incident'.

Quote:

If you can fight anywhere near his level then you have my respect as well.

the best doormen seldom have to 'fight', they prevent trouble, not react to it, and when it happens we don't throwdown with punters in harms way, we remove the problem as quickly and quietly as possible. Thats how you keep a reputable bar, and a clean criminal record. Its not 'Roadhouse' (besides, I never suited the 'mullet' hair style).
I 'respect' the door crew in places that have a largely trouble free reputation- they are doing the job right. If i here about a crew always fighting and having the police in 4 times per weekend, that is a sure sign that their are issues with their concept of what the job is about.

Quote:

I don't believe in keyboard wars, they are kind of childish. You are entitled to your opinion.

you are right, props for keeping it civil, i have a somewhat blunt manner, so if I offended, its not my real intent. There are lots of kids who come on here with misconceptions of what violence actually is. its important that anything that may influence the life choices of the impressionable be honest, and your story just doesn't ring true to me, sorry.

The fish we catch on holiday have a tendency to gain weight with us over time. maybe this fish got larger over the last twenty years

#169346 - 10/30/06 05:17 AM Re: How many real fights? [Re: Cord]
Mishael Offline
Dragon

Cord, You didn't offend me. I just thought that by telling you alittle about myself, you would see I don't have to make up stories about twenty year old fights to pet my ego. I have plenty of glory stories, but you wouldn't believe most of them either.

I agree that there is not glamourous about violence. I always used violence to over come violence, but I was lucky no one was killed and the worst punishment I received was fines for mutual combat (disturbing the peace).

As you get to know me, you will find that I treat people with respect.

Here it was a common practice for police to work security jobs (bouncers). I don't know if it still is since I stopped drinking seventeen years ago.

My purpose in coming to this forum was to participate in the threads. This one ask how many real fights; so, I answered. I answered truthfully.

I see your point about impressionable posters being negatively impacted by glory stories whether true or not and I do apologize for contributing to that problem.

I didn't wish to highjack this thread; so, I won't.

Page 12 of 13 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 >

Moderator:  Cord, Dedicated1, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Ryukyu Art
Artifacts from the Ryukyu Kingdom missing since WWII. Visit www.ShisaLion.Org to view pictures

Best Stun Guns
Self Defense Products-stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and more

Surveillance 4U
Complete surveillance systems for covert operations or secure installation security

Asylum Images
Book presents photo tour of the Trans-Allegany Lunatic Asylum. A must if you're going to take a ghost tour!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga