FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 47 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
333kenshin, BradleyCameron, markwn, John057, TigerandDragon
23240 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
TigerandDragon 1
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31
New Topics
Recent Posts
Forum Stats
23240 Members
36 Forums
35700 Topics
432769 Posts

Max Online: 488 @ 01/23/20 01:55 PM
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#166853 - 07/25/05 01:22 AM Re: How did Bruce have so much energy all the time? [Re: Neonomide]
Chen Zen Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Ms
Wasnt interested in mile running? I could have swore that I read the he often ran two or three miles a day and as many as five in one of his books. The Tao of JKD if Im not mistaken.

#166854 - 07/25/05 10:20 AM Re: How did Bruce have so much energy all the time? [Re: Chen Zen]
Neonomide Offline

Loc: Finland
I apologise, this was a misunderstanindg by my part. I'm a foreigner, I meant that Lee did run, but he did not run in certain fixed routine. I have read several books as well and he did run every day.

Edited by Neonomide (07/25/05 10:47 AM)

#166855 - 07/26/05 03:31 PM Re: How did Bruce have so much energy all the time? [Re: SANCHIN31]
still wadowoman Offline
Improved beefier techno-prat

Loc: Residence:UK- Heart:Md, USA
Quote:

Because he was made of platinum and had a nuclear core!!!!!!

*Sound of hair being ripped out* !#!@$@%#@!$!!@%

*Sound of monitor being smashed with a firepoker* ~!#!$@%#^$&%*^&$%@

bruce lee .....BRuce Lee..... BRUCE LEE!!!!! AAAAAHHHHH!!!

Chen Zen....I'm sending you flowers and a sympathy card

#166856 - 07/26/05 03:33 PM Re: How did Bruce have so much energy all the time [Re: Neonomide]
DanielKuo Offline
Stranger

Bruce lee had strict nutritional diet. He mixed his own fruit juices,rarely ate lean meat [fish], ate seaweed , alot of fruit and vegetables. Good nutrition gives you alot of energy and stamina

#166857 - 07/27/05 11:10 AM Re: How did Bruce have so much energy all the time [Re: DanielKuo]
SNiPeRViRuS Offline

I wonder about that though. He had a lot of muscle. Muscle doesnt grow without meat. If he rarely ate any meat, where did all his protien come from?

#166858 - 07/27/05 08:01 PM Re: How did Bruce have so much energy all the time [Re: SNiPeRViRuS]
imcrazy Offline
cereal killer

Loc: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
All hail Bruce Lee! god among men! He is supreme!

But in all seriousness exercise, exercise, exercise. He had a great amount of stamina and endurance. This doesn't mean he didn't get tired, it just means it took a lot longer for that to happen.

#166859 - 08/02/05 12:26 AM Re: How did Bruce have so much energy all the time [Re: SNiPeRViRuS]
Nightrage Offline

Quote:

I wonder about that though. He had a lot of muscle. Muscle doesnt grow without meat. If he rarely ate any meat, where did all his protien come from?

Beans, (not sure if they had it back then, but...) whey protein (the powder), fish, chicken which is considered poultry, yogurt, etc. Lots of stuff has protein in it. Meat is simply a great source for protein. Eating meat isn't like a steroid, it's simply packed to the core with protein which can be found in other places. Lots of people avoid eating meat like steaks and such, because it gives them stomach aches.

#166860 - 08/02/05 12:56 PM Re: How did Bruce have so much energy all the time [Re: Nightrage]
funstick5000 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: West Yorkshire, England
as a child he was ultra active all the time, probably hyper-active. in his school the only one of his teachers to control did so by making him active all of all the time doing class chores liek rubbing the board and running errands - i think this energy stayed with him for most of his life till he hit major fame.

he would run 5-6 miles a day and practised on his wing chun dummy all the time. he also used to have that habit many martial artists have of almost always subconciously training by hitting things and practising blocks against things. i read one of his biographys yesterday

#166861 - 08/04/05 11:49 AM Re: How did Bruce have so much energy all the time [Re: funstick5000]
Neonomide Offline

Loc: Finland
I must also add that he integrated his training with his personal philosophy, so he got it backed up all the way. He wanted to be the best there is with everything he did. He also had a supporting wife.

#166862 - 08/07/05 09:14 PM Re: How did Bruce have so much energy all the time? [Re: Chen Zen]
dadoody5 Offline

When you work out all the time, you do gain a lot of energy.

You should try working out on a regular basis and ask the question again.

Also, Bruce Lee might have over done things at times. Remember, he suffered from severe back pain due to not stretching properly and was always in pain. He also died very young.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Cord, JKogas, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Stun Guns
Variety of stun gun devices for your protection

Buy Pepper Spray
Worry about your family when you’re not around? Visit us today to protect everything you value.

Koryu.com
Accurate information on the ancient martial traditions of the Japanese samurai

C2 Taser
Protect yourself and loved ones from CRIME with the latest C2 Taser citizen model. Very effective.

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga