FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 31 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
ksusanc, kellypnik123, leyinn, Ron_Cooley, businns
22902 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Dobbersky 11
trevek 6
JKogas 5
cxt 5
TaekwonDoFan 2
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
New Topics
centerline concepts
by futsaowingchun
07/14/14 10:49 PM
language of syllabus
by trevek
07/11/14 03:36 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:14 AM
10 San Sik drills-Wing Chun's foundation
by futsaowingchun
06/30/14 11:20 AM
"Ip Man" and "Ip Man 2" the movies.
by TaekwonDoFan
06/30/14 11:02 AM
Iaido movements speed
by TooNice
04/14/14 01:47 PM
Anderson Silva - Leg Break
by Dobbersky
12/30/13 08:32 AM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
Gi or no Gi Grappling?
by Prizewriter
04/16/12 02:48 PM
Recent Posts
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
Today at 05:35 AM
centerline concepts
by Dobbersky
07/18/14 06:14 AM
language of syllabus
by trevek
07/14/14 04:50 PM
Gi or no Gi Grappling?
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:38 AM
MMA - A passing Fad
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:35 AM
Anderson Silva - Leg Break
by Dobbersky
07/09/14 06:13 AM
Throwing
by JKogas
07/03/14 07:40 PM
10 San Sik drills-Wing Chun's foundation
by futsaowingchun
06/30/14 11:20 AM
"Ip Man" and "Ip Man 2" the movies.
by TaekwonDoFan
06/30/14 11:02 AM
Forget all that health stuff
by TaekwonDoFan
06/29/14 03:18 AM
Forum Stats
22902 Members
36 Forums
35563 Topics
432447 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Topic Options
#164289 - 07/05/05 06:33 PM Tsai Kung Fu International
bushi541 Offline

Hey guys just wanted to know about Tsai Kung Fu International and the style of Shaolin Chuan Fa that Grand Master Tsai teaches. I've taken a little Wing Chun but had to move and now I'm basically doing my own training since there really isn't a good Martial arts school in my small town.
Planning to move back to Chicago for college though and I really want to get back into a real Martial Arts school. I've look at 5 so far the Shinjinkai, Thousand Waves, Philip Nearing Wing Chun, Degerberg, and Tsai Kung Fu International.
I'm really interested in Kung Fu and just wanted to know if anyone has info and Tsai Kung Fu like how thier students behave, is Master Johnny Tsai a good teacher, how much detail is with the instruction, and how much emphasis they have on self defense. A reply would be nice so thanks guys.

#164290 - 07/06/05 08:38 AM Re: Tsai Kung Fu International [Re: bushi541]
ShaolinChaunFa Offline

Loc: Hull, ENGLAND
Hi there,..cant help you with your school as I`m in the uk but would be very intrested to hear how you get on if you decide to take Shaolin Chaun Fa... as I am studying here in england..
Regards.

#164291 - 07/06/05 02:23 PM Re: Tsai Kung Fu International [Re: ShaolinChaunFa]
bushi541 Offline

Sir I don't exactly understand with what you mean. But if your asking how I'll exactly go through the training and how I'll apply myself in Shaolin Chuan Fa. All I can say is i'll try my best and put my 100% in the training. I know that studying martial arts is hard I have a brother who spent 6 months in one of the best Muay Thai stables in Manila Philippines. He was really deidicated to the art and I remember seeing him train for 5 hours every day and still do his studies. I wana be that to be dedicated into something thats worth the dedication and hard work. And I think the martial arts is well worth the dedication. And if I do pick Shaolin Chuan Fa and go to Master Tsa's schol then he can expect 100% always from me.

#164292 - 07/07/05 09:07 AM Re: Tsai Kung Fu International [Re: bushi541]
ShaolinChaunFa Offline

Hi again....sorry for delay..things have gone tits up here in england.....I was just wondering if from time to time you could post an up date on how your trainning is from time to time if you decide to take Shaolin Chaun Fa/ Siu Lum Kuen Faat as I wou;d be intrested to hear trainning reports from across the pond..

#164293 - 07/07/05 04:05 PM Re: Tsai Kung Fu International [Re: ShaolinChaunFa]
bushi541 Offline

I heard what happened in London that was terrible and I'm praying for the victims and thier families. Also for the Prime Minister and all the people who are affected.
This is one of the reacons why I want to learn the martial arts to stop thugs like these people who just attack innocent lives. Regardless of politics or what not the actions of those people were just wrong.
In terms of training well I'm trying to get some good sources dvd's and books on Shaolin Chuan Fa. I don't have a school to attend here in Joplin, MO (almost all of them are Mc Dojos and the one that has credebility looks more into competition.) And seeing that I'll be graduating from highschool in a a year and 10 months i'm just doing solo training and watching dvd's and reading books on various martial arts to get me fit for the training.
Basically i'm an independent martial artist in search of a teacher who can really guide me. I admit i'm really an amature and rely on basic execises like push ups, sit ups, squats, and I do 30 minutes of shadow boxing every day. I also do double that in the week ends and my friends and I do a little grappling and sparring. Basically none of us have martial arts experience and all we do is trial and error moves. So I can pretty much describe my moves as barbaric and ver cave man.
To get me prepared though I train hard and do 50 push ups, 50 sit ups, 50 squats, 50 rubber band curls, and 50 tricep curls, and 30 minutes of shadow boxing and I add a couple of kicks and moves I've learned form books and my bro. Plus in the week ends I double the shadow boxind into an hour and I spar with my friends. So thats practically it. If you can give me some books or dvds about shaolin chuan fa that I can look at I'd appreciate it very much. Thanks

#164294 - 07/08/05 05:15 AM Re: Tsai Kung Fu International [Re: bushi541]
ShaolinChaunFa Offline

Its good that you are finding the time to train at home..but you really need to find a good school to train in your area, as you will no doubt be devloping bad habits with regards to technique...but having said that, like I said its good that your taking the time to practice. Book wise there are 2 books for beginers that I would recomend.
1. introduction to shaolin kung fu by wong kiew kit
2. Art of shaolin kung fu by wong kiew kit
No im not his publicist! just think there good to get you started. Hope this helps.

#164295 - 07/30/05 01:01 PM Re: Tsai Kung Fu International [Re: bushi541]
ShaolinFighter Offline
Stranger

Bushi,

The School ypu speak of is a family Sytem school with roots in Chicago as far back as the early 1960's under Sifu Johnny Tsais father Grandmaster John Tsai , who has grace many magazine covers including inside kung Fu. johnny tsai has been teaching over 20 years, is very well established on his own and yes they do focus on Self defense and real world application. When you step into his school on Lawrence and kimball (not the broadway school belongs to sifu Kenny Tsai and Sifu Johnny does not teach there anymore at all) you will find a grat feeling of brotherhood and welcome among the students and staff, no attitude no drama, just good Kung Fu. The best was to find out for yourself is to go to their website www.tsaiskungfu.com there is a link for the new school on Lawrence and grand opening specials on membership of up to 50% off. So now might be the time to check the school out, get in some good training and save some cash at the same time. My advise is ask to try out a week of training, during the week sit down with Sifu Johnny and talk with him about what your goals are and what you are looking for. The number one rule in good training is open communication between student and teacher. That is my best advise. Good luck.

Moderator:  Cord, Gavin, JasonM, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Fight Videos
Night club fight footage and street fights captured with the world's first bouncer spy cam

How to Matrix!
Learn ten times faster with new training method. Learn entire arts for as little as $10 per disk.

Self Defense
Stun guns, pepper spray, Mace and self defense products. Alarms for personal and home use.

TASER MC26C
Stop An Urban Gorilla: Get 2 FREE TASER M26C Replacement Air Cartridges With Each New TASER M26C!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga