FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 25 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TomRosenberg, jessylin, play, Keith_G, LeroyCFischer
22937 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
jwwmantis 2
futsaowingchun 1
Zombie Zero 1
Beefcake 1
LeroyCFischer 1
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
New Topics
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
12/17/14 09:40 PM
2015 Master Yang Jwing-Ming Seminar
by jwwmantis
12/05/14 10:36 PM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by
12/27/06 11:43 AM
Your true goal
by
03/03/06 07:16 AM
Recent Posts
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
12/17/14 09:40 PM
Your true goal
by Beefcake
12/11/14 02:44 AM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by LeroyCFischer
12/04/14 02:07 AM
Forum Stats
22937 Members
36 Forums
35591 Topics
432526 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#159586 - 06/23/05 04:10 PM biggest fear(not really but......)
DINAMO788 Offline

Loc: body in US, heart in USSR
fi i ever do get into a fight, i'm think more than likely this will happen: we will square off and almost no matter unless we only throw kick(which we wont), we will have to throw punch, now punches are pretty short range and u step into them a lot, so if both people are comming in close to throw punches, eventually someone will get a hold of someone else by their clothes or arm or somthing then that will turn into a grapple and then there willb e a takedown and ocn eur taken down ur in a very difficult situation to get out of, epecially if ur smaller and light wieght(liek me) and the other guy is big.

so kinda a few questions, in a fight i would throw punches but becuase i'm not big, if we ever get into a grapple of sorts, iw ill most likely get taken down and if i do i dont think i'll be able to push my opponent off. so, if we do get in close and he has a hold of my and tires to take me down, what shoudl i do? if he takes me down and gets on top of me, what shoudl i do?

and here is another thing that worries me even more, if i ever go up against a big guy who can take hits, whats to stop him from comming into me and getting closer while covering up his vital area and once he's close enough juss taking me down. or all he has to do is juss charge at me and i'm afriad my hits wont be strong enough to really stop him. all he woudl ahve to do is come at me and once he is in a good position he can basically juss tackle me down to the ground. how do u defend against somthing like that?

if i'm not being clear enough or somthing is confusing, juss ask me what i mean.

thx in advance for ur advice all u experts

#159587 - 06/23/05 05:48 PM Re: biggest fear(not really but......) [Re: DINAMO788]
JohnL Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: NY, NY, USA
I have no idea why you put your post on the Energy Arts secting, but;

1. If you're concerned about grappling, ask in the Judo section.

2. I suggest you find somewhere to train rather than discuss the issues on a board.

3. You have no idea what will happen in a fight so pre-planning is a waste of time.

#159588 - 06/23/05 06:01 PM Re: biggest fear(not really but......) [Re: DINAMO788]
Zarmat Offline
Stranger

ok im guessing this is a school situation so... the guy is bigger than u and u cant take im down use your suroundigs (mop bucket) smash him in the head, no matter how strong or though the guy is, getting hit in the head hurts.
weak points: the privets
neck or the cavities next to the neck
eyes
behind the knees
or u can use graples and u can strain the muscle

#159589 - 06/24/05 03:35 AM Re: biggest fear(not really but......) [Re: DINAMO788]
nekogami13 V2.0 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Texas, USA
Do you normaly lose the use of your legs in a stress situation?
You strike, he moves, you should move also to maintain distancing. Can also try low line leg attacks to break his movement.
He attempts to close-you move away.

Other suggestion is learn some grappling and how to work from the clinch.

Keep in mind, proper body mechanics in striking allows you to hit harder than your size would suggest.

Answer boils down to this: Training, training, training

Edited by nekogami13 V2.0 (06/24/05 03:36 AM)

#159590 - 06/24/05 12:11 PM Re: biggest fear(not really but......) [Re: nekogami13 V2.0]
DINAMO788 Offline

actually, this isn't happening to me now but i'm pretty sure that if i would get tino a fight,t hei si what woudl happen. and sry bout posting int he energy arts forum, i was juss looknig in there and thinking bout this so i juss posted, i'll post int he right section next time,sry.

its juss if i get in a fight, all the other guy would have to do is slowly walk towards me coving up his vital areas if i were attack and once close enough, grtab me and i wont really be able to do anything. i know i can juss move but he can move too and if he starts to run at me, all he has to do is get a hand on me to grab me then he can tak me down and once i i'm i dont think i'll be able to do anything.

i know i shoudln't expect to fight and no need to really worry myself and post about hypothentical situations but i think if i ever do get n a fight, this is what will happen. i see a lot of fights and people start throwing punches which arent ranged attacks so eventually they will get in close to eachother while punching and then its very easy to grab each other and if i get grabed theres a good idea i'll get taken down.

if u have any suggestions or ideas or even comments, thx for sharing

#159591 - 06/24/05 12:26 PM Re: biggest fear(not really but......) [Re: DINAMO788]
schanne Offline
breaks things

Loc: Woodbury NJ
And I thought my spelling was poor?

Stop trying to plan what your fight will be like, there nothing like what you picture. Real fights are super fast, unhumane, animalistic and your always sorry about it afterward. Fighting is wrong and nothing ever good comes from a fight. Try to consume your mind with better thoughts. Repeat after me....."the grass is green & the sun is warm, again, the grass is green & the sun is warm. aaahhhh

#159592 - 06/24/05 01:01 PM Re: biggest fear(not really but......) [Re: schanne]
Blindsided Offline

if i got into a fight without someone on the street i would just punch their face as much as i could as fast as i could, just charge in and hope to daze the [censored] out of them.

#159593 - 06/24/05 06:16 PM Re: biggest fear(not really but......) [Re: schanne]
DINAMO788 Offline

schanne, i already nkow i shoudl aviod fights at all cost and all that. and i dont know what type of fights u've been in but they are porbably different for someone in their late teens. and i do think the situation i'm describing will be the most probably situation becuase most people really dont know what they are doing and juss try tog et a hold of you and take you down.
i think i'm fairly fast but not all that powerful. now in post fight the two people would probably square off and trhow punches and liek is aid before, punches are close range and u typrically move in when you punch so if both people are throwing punches simultaniously then they are bound tog et drwan in close to each, so close that i coudl be grabbed and then taken down.
and if i'm fighting someone big with a fair amount of muscle, normal hits to liek the chest or side where there is a lot of meat wont really stop someone from juss coming at me until he gets in close enough to take me down.

so basically two things:
how do u stop a big meaty guy thats covering up his vital areas coming at you from juss comming in and taking you down

and: what are some options if you are taken down and there is someone on top of you.

keep in mind mostly likely arent life threatening situations so dont tell me to liek break a guys knee-cap and then snap his neck or anything

and i'll try to be more aware of my typos for you too

thx

Edited by DINAMO788 (06/24/05 06:22 PM)

#159594 - 06/24/05 06:38 PM Re: biggest fear(not really but......) [Re: DINAMO788]
Warwolph Offline

from experience as a child being unpopular because of my uncaring attitude, schoolboy fights leave you powerless. You're scared of hurting the kid but also of getting hurt yourself. learn judo or jujitsu, they'll probably be the best help for this. Big guys can be big but that doesn't mean they don't have their weakness. go for the privates or the higher part of the neck, not many people can stand being pushed in the salivary glands, they usually back off very fast... to be honest, learn a little about anatomy, and that might help you learn to place hits nicely..

#159595 - 06/24/05 06:39 PM Re: biggest fear(not really but......) [Re: DINAMO788]
SANCHIN31 Offline
Former Moderator

Loc: Arkansas, U.S.
Quote:

schanne, i already nkow i shoudl aviod fights at all cost and all that. and i dont know what type of fights u've been in but they are porbably different for someone in their late teens. and i do think the situation i'm describing will be the most probably situation becuase most people really dont know what they are doing and juss try tog et a hold of you and take you down.
i think i'm fairly fast but not all that powerful. now in post fight the two people would probably square off and trhow punches and liek is aid before, punches are close range and u typrically move in when you punch so if both people are throwing punches simultaniously then they are bound tog et drwan in close to each, so close that i coudl be grabbed and then taken down.
and if i'm fighting someone big with a fair amount of muscle, normal hits to liek the chest or side where there is a lot of meat wont really stop someone from juss coming at me until he gets in close enough to take me down.

so basically two things:
how do u stop a big meaty guy thats covering up his vital areas coming at you from juss comming in and taking you down

and: what are some options if you are taken down and there is someone on top of you.

keep in mind mostly likely arent life threatening situations so dont tell me to liek break a guys knee-cap and then snap his neck or anything

and i'll try to be more aware of my typos for you too

thx

Dinamo, You seem like a nice young man,but you won't learn how to fight here.Nekogami is right(training).
If you get into a fight your trainingwill come into play.If he is bigger,training.If it goes to the ground,training.Punches and kickstraining.
You need proper instruction to develop form,ability,muscle memory,and technique.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Cord, Dedicated1, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Self Defense
Offering stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and other self defense products not available in stores.

Pepper Spray
Online distributor of self defense supplies like videos, stun guns, Tasers and more.

Spy Cameras
Surveillance, Hidden Cameras, Nanny Cams, Digital Recorders, Spy Equipment, Pocket DVR's and more

Stun Gun
Wholesale Directlhy to the Public! Stun gun and Taser Guns and personal protection products. Keep your loved ones at home safe!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga