FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 34 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TomRosenberg, jessylin, play, Keith_G, LeroyCFischer
22937 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
futsaowingchun 2
jwwmantis 2
Beefcake 1
LeroyCFischer 1
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
New Topics
Chum Kiu's double Tan Sau motion
by futsaowingchun
Today at 10:08 AM
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
12/17/14 09:40 PM
2015 Master Yang Jwing-Ming Seminar
by jwwmantis
12/05/14 10:36 PM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by
12/27/06 11:43 AM
Your true goal
by
03/03/06 07:16 AM
Recent Posts
Chum Kiu's double Tan Sau motion
by futsaowingchun
Today at 10:08 AM
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
12/17/14 09:40 PM
Your true goal
by Beefcake
12/11/14 02:44 AM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by LeroyCFischer
12/04/14 02:07 AM
Forum Stats
22937 Members
36 Forums
35592 Topics
432527 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#352603 - 07/22/07 05:37 PM Punch in the Nose death
Hagakure Offline

Loc: Detroit
Im curious I always hear that you can kill a person if you hit them in the nose kinda upwards or whatever and you push their nose bone into their brain, I just want to know if this has been proven because I was recently watching some old pancrase video with Bas Rutten and they allowed no closed fist strikes and he would hit people straight in the face how they said it would kill. Idk what to make of it so lend me your wise insight.

#352604 - 07/22/07 06:15 PM Re: Punch in the Nose death [Re: Hagakure]
JKogas Offline
Prolific

Loc: North Carolina
Damn

#352605 - 07/22/07 07:51 PM Re: Punch in the Nose death [Re: JKogas]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Loc: York PA. USA
Quote:

Damn

Speechless, John?

Hag -

That is not true. Lord knows I have punched enough people in the nose to know if they would die or not. Even took a few myself, and I am still alive. Don't you think boxers would be dropping dead all over the place if that was true?

MYTH BUSTED!

#352606 - 07/22/07 08:20 PM Re: Punch in the Nose death [Re: MattJ]
Kimo2007 Offline
Veteran

A student who trained before me at my school killed a man in LA with 2 straight punches to the head.

It was a guy attacking a woman with a tire iron on the street, he was on Angel dust at the time and didn't even go down after the first hit, even though it fractured his skull.

Now this is not the same a shoving the cartilage from the nose into the brain (I think that is a myth) this was blunt force trauma.

Quote:

Don't you think boxers would be dropping dead all over the place if that was true?

While this busts the myth, not the blunt force trauma. I am sure most of you know this but, the transfer of power is inversely proportional to the area of contact so the same punch landed with 2 knuckles is exponentially more powerful then one landed with gloves, add to that the absorption factor and boxers can take repeated blows.

So yes it is possible to Kill someone with a punch to face/head but I doubt in the Mythical way you described.

As for the student, he was not arrested, there were witnesses, the guy had drugs in his system and was attacking the woman so it was all ruled justified..

#352607 - 07/23/07 08:59 AM Re: Punch in the Nose death [Re: Kimo2007]
Hagakure Offline

Loc: Detroit
Yea I didnt beleive it myself but I wanted to see what you guys would say just like Mattj I am living proof also, just always hearing people talk about it even to the point where someone told me he had actually down it lol.

#352608 - 07/23/07 10:52 AM Re: Punch in the Nose death [Re: Hagakure]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Loc: Great White North
Definitely a myth as during many police training this is taught. Taught to impair the person, obviously not to kill them ... they have guns for that if needed.

#352609 - 07/23/07 09:09 PM Re: Punch in the Nose death [Re: Dereck]
wristtwister Offline
like a chiropractor, only evil

Loc: South Carolina
It's a "two strike" technique, guys... and while it's not necessarily lethal, it hurts like hell and can be fatal. The first strike is across the hollow at the base of the eyebrows to actually break the cartlidge loose... the second strike is up and in, pushing the tip of the nose to the hollow just below the eyebrows, where you made the first hit.

No, I've never killed anybody with it, but the technique (when not tried simply as a one-strike technique) has all the indications that it would work. If you drive it into the frontal lobe, you end up giving the guy a lobotomy just to get it back out.

By the way, I've ALWAYS trained it as a two strike technique... not just a punch.

#352610 - 07/23/07 10:38 PM Re: Punch in the Nose death [Re: wristtwister]
danny81 Offline

nope. there is no hole that goes from your nose bone to our brain. and your nos bone cant puncture your skull it would just shatter

#352611 - 07/24/07 12:08 AM Re: Punch in the Nose death [Re: danny81]
jthurmanator12 Offline

Loc: Iraq but origanialy Texas stay...
Holy Moly I will practice this on my friends and let you know if it is true or not. =)

#352612 - 07/24/07 12:14 AM Re: Punch in the Nose death [Re: danny81]
wristtwister Offline
like a chiropractor, only evil

Loc: South Carolina
that's why you break the crown of the nose... duh! Look at the structure of a skull, and you'll see what needs to be broken for the technique to work. The crown of the nose is the boney structure between the eyes. If it's not broken, the cartlidge simply slides up the skull and looks ugly...
hurts like hell too.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Cord, Fletch1, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Self Defense
Offering stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and other self defense products not available in stores.

Pepper Spray
Online distributor of self defense supplies like videos, stun guns, Tasers and more.

Spy Cameras
Surveillance, Hidden Cameras, Nanny Cams, Digital Recorders, Spy Equipment, Pocket DVR's and more

Stun Gun
Wholesale Directlhy to the Public! Stun gun and Taser Guns and personal protection products. Keep your loved ones at home safe!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga