FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 45 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AndyLA, danacohenn, ksusanc, kellypnik123, leyinn
22904 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Dobbersky 15
cxt 8
trevek 6
futsaowingchun 3
JKogas 2
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
New Topics
Applied center line theory
by futsaowingchun
07/28/14 08:55 AM
centerline concepts
by futsaowingchun
07/14/14 10:49 PM
language of syllabus
by trevek
07/11/14 03:36 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:14 AM
Anderson Silva - Leg Break
by Dobbersky
12/30/13 08:32 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
Gi or no Gi Grappling?
by Prizewriter
04/16/12 02:48 PM
MMA - A passing Fad
by Dobbersky
04/12/12 11:16 AM
Throwing
by
04/23/05 10:58 PM
Recent Posts
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by cxt
Today at 12:01 PM
Gi or no Gi Grappling?
by Dobbersky
07/29/14 05:11 AM
Applied center line theory
by futsaowingchun
07/28/14 08:55 AM
centerline concepts
by futsaowingchun
07/28/14 08:53 AM
language of syllabus
by trevek
07/14/14 04:50 PM
MMA - A passing Fad
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:35 AM
Anderson Silva - Leg Break
by Dobbersky
07/09/14 06:13 AM
Throwing
by JKogas
07/03/14 07:40 PM
Forum Stats
22904 Members
36 Forums
35564 Topics
432457 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#158796 - 06/23/05 04:57 PM Re: Recurring dream [Re: Prometej]
Foolsgold Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Lyon, MI, USA
Quote:

For instance, if you`re runing from someone it means you love him. ?!

I'm interested, where did you hear this? Are there other theories for different dreams? (I mean real, documented ones, not something from dungeonsanddragonsmasterdarkangelprophecyandorckilling.com)

Quote:

Animals dream, it`s proven.

Also interested in where you heard this, but out of suspicion more than curiosity as before.

#158797 - 06/23/05 11:30 PM Re: Recurring dream [Re: Foolsgold]
LastGURU Offline
The one who knows

Loc: Riga, Latvia
Quote:

Quote:

Also interested in where you heard this, but out of suspicion more than curiosity as before.

It just seem that you have never had a dog if you doubt that statement.

#158798 - 06/24/05 05:37 AM Re: Recurring dream [Re: Prometej]
ButterflyPalm Offline
Enigma

Loc: Malaysia
Quote:

How about insects and fish?

#158799 - 06/24/05 12:23 PM Re: Recurring dream [Re: Foolsgold]
Prometej Offline

Loc: Croatia
For interpretation of dreams psychology does the trick, try to find some book about dreams or talk to a psychologist.

I don`t know about insects and fish but probably most mammels dream.
You can watch a cat,dog, any pet while he`s sleeping. Some of them are going over a day once more in their dreams.

#158800 - 06/24/05 12:56 PM Re: Recurring dream [Re: Foolsgold]
Inuyasha Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Quote:

I know, it's a pretty obscure phenomenon to be discussing in a zen forum, but I can't think of a better place for it.

In this case, I'm not actually having the same dream, per se. What I am experiencing is actually a recurring theme. Three times in the last four days (that I can remember), I have had dreams where I found myself responsible for the lives of a small group of children. In each dream, there is some sort of invasion going on and I find myself in the midst of it, trying to get these kids to safety.

Usually the situation was desperate and I believe that I failed to protect them in two or all of the dreams, but I can't remember the end very well. In every case I've found myself resorting to violence at the end, but it's always too little too late to save the children from the soldiers who are invariably storming our safehouse.

In the end I always wake up emotionally drained and consequently very tired for the remainder of the day. I can still remember all three dreams with a great deal of clarity, which suggests to me that they were very vivid.

Anyone care to psychoanalyze me based on this? Personally, I believe that dreams can tell us a lot about the inner workings of our minds. But then, that's always up for debate. I'm trying to puzzle out a meaning, but hey, there's always a chance that I'm jumping at shadows.

One other question, has anyone else ever experienced something like this?

Well this might be a struggle with someone thats under your care. This dream might literally be the future, honest truth I don't know............

#158801 - 06/24/05 04:56 PM Re: Recurring dream [Re: ButterflyPalm]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Loc: York PA. USA
I do not know for certain that animals dream, but some (dogs, cats, etc) exhibit the same signs that humans do - rapid eye movement, limb movement, muted vocalizations, etc.

I think that many of the animals that have some problem solving abilities/play abilities (ie; not just instinctive reactions) probably have dreams.

Interestingly, I have read that dreams may serve some bio-mechanical functions as well as pyscho-processing. Erotic dreams may help to "excercise" the reproductive organs while sleeping. REM is though to help aerate the aqueous humor in the eye, since oxygen transfer to the eye is very low with the eyelids shut.

As far as FG's recurring dream.....I am afraid I do not know the significance, if any.

PAGING GINO!!!!

#158802 - 06/24/05 05:20 PM Re: Recurring dream [Re: MattJ]
Reiki Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: MiddleEarth
I'm pretty sure most of my menagerie dreams, from what I've observed anyway. I have a reasonable sampling of larger & more advanced species here - dogs, cats, goats, horses, cattle.
Not sure about birds, fish and insects though. Maybe they are further down the evolutionary tree and don't.

I tend to agree with the quantum mind/parallel experience thing when it comes to dreaming. I've had more than my fair share of duality type dreams over the past few years to think that more is going on than we tend to understand for now.

The increase in these dreams and other strange experiences happened when I took my first reiki attunements. After that life became increasingly weird until weird is now normal. Very few things now surprise me.

Like finding lost stuff. If you want to know where it is, I usually will find it. Or I will be reading up on some remote and unknown bizarre thing one day, to find it is now the main topic of the news the next day. etc etc.

Its just life but not as we know it.....!

#158803 - 06/24/05 08:56 PM Re: Recurring dream [Re: Foolsgold]
Gino Offline

Loc: New York State
Although I'm a psychologist by profession, my background is in experimental psychology and cognitive-behaviorism. I treat the dually-diagnosed for psychiatric and behavioral problems. I have no expertise in dream analysis, and I'm not even close to being a Freudian or Jungian. Still, like most of you guys, I can attempt to at least offer my position on this topic. IMHO, dreams are typically nothing more than the mind at play. Think of it like this: Your brain is at rest, and so it's "relaxing", maybe showing you some movies, if you will, for your amusement. If this is true, our dreams are really meaningless. Also, it has been shown that the brain needs a certain amount of stimulation in order to maintain homeostasis (a steady state of functioning). If it doesn't get enough of it while you're awake, it'll make up stuff while you're asleep, just for the stimlation. Hence, it dreams. Now, a behaviorist (such as myself) would say that there are usually no "hidden meanings" in dreams. But having said that, let me channel back to my grad school course in psychoanalysis and offer a possible interpretation, albeit a simple one: Fighting in a dream may mean that you feel that part of you, such as your personality, or your job, or a relationship, etc. is under attack. You may feel that you're about to lose a part of yourself (silly, I know, but this is the best I've got after twenty-some years, so bear with me). Has work or school been difficult lately? Has the family made demands that you feel you can't honor? Have you been asked to "grow up" lately, metaphorically speaking? Are you defending yourself in some way to your boss, your colleagues, your family, etc.? This could help answer your question. Otherwise, I'm as much a novice as the rest of you. Just don't lose any sleep over this.

#158804 - 06/24/05 09:12 PM Re: Recurring dream [Re: Foolsgold]
Gino Offline

Loc: New York State
Quote:

No real confrontations lately. Suffice to say, the only noticeable trait of my life that has changed from the norm is a moderate depression for about four-five months now. By moderate I mean not debilitating, but I do blame it partly for failing a class (possibly two soon) at school for the first time.

Sorry, I just read this post more carefully, and it is possible that your moderate depression could be responsible for the dreams. But, what's causing the depression? Occupational hazard for me, but red flags go up when someone says they're even moderately depressed, so don't get ticked off when I suggest that you monitor the following symptoms: sleep, appetite, activity level, interest in sex and other preferred activities, ability to concentrate, self-isolation, feelings of hopelessness, self-medicating (using alcohol or drugs more frequently than normal), urges to hurt yourself. Periodic dysthymia (kind of a "depression-light") is common among most adults in the U.S. and Britain, but a prolonged period of sadness may be significant and should be brought to the attention of your physician. I'm not suggesting anything, and I say this to anyone who indicated that they were even moderately depressed. E-mail me if you'd like to talk more. - Gene

#158805 - 06/24/05 11:42 PM Re: Recurring dream [Re: Reiki]
ButterflyPalm Offline
Enigma

Loc: Malaysia

I find the "quantum / parallel universe" theory interesting because when I dream, the things in the dreams are similar but not exactly the same as those found in my awaken state.

An example. I dreamt of a piano the other night, the keys are not black & white, but yellow and white! Why should this be? If dreams are, as been asserted, a wishful playout of solutions of unresolved issues encountered in the awaken state, shouldn't it be a direct material reflection of that state? Why would I dream of a piano with yellow, white keys? The piano in that dream happens to be there; it was not the main subject matter of the dream.

My explanation? The keys of pianos in one particular universe parallel to ours are yellow & white; Why not? there is no cosmic rule that I know of that pianos must have black & white keys.

We will have to wait a while more before time, space and the human mind reveal more of their mysteries.

Now I know why immortality or at least longevity is so important.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Fight Videos
Night club fight footage and street fights captured with the world's first bouncer spy cam

How to Matrix!
Learn ten times faster with new training method. Learn entire arts for as little as $10 per disk.

Self Defense
Stun guns, pepper spray, Mace and self defense products. Alarms for personal and home use.

TASER MC26C
Stop An Urban Gorilla: Get 2 FREE TASER M26C Replacement Air Cartridges With Each New TASER M26C!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga