FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 52 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Shanktotheright, royal, bobgalle100011, agenonline, TooNice
22862 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
THEFOREVERMAN 3
royal 2
Galen 2
MattJ 2
Dobbersky 2
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
New Topics
General perspective on training
by Galen
Today at 04:05 PM
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by Marcus Charles
03/24/14 04:39 PM
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by Dobbersky
03/20/14 05:45 AM
I am not often inspired
by Galen
01/13/14 07:28 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
AKK kata question
by
09/04/05 01:27 PM
Recent Posts
General perspective on training
by Galen
Today at 04:05 PM
I am not often inspired
by Galen
Today at 04:03 PM
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by Dobbersky
Today at 06:52 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by THEFOREVERMAN
04/16/14 08:20 AM
AKK kata question
by MattJ
04/04/14 05:45 PM
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Forum Stats
22862 Members
36 Forums
35547 Topics
432379 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#158786 - 06/21/05 11:06 PM Recurring dream
Foolsgold Offline
Veteran

Registered: 09/02/04
Posts: 1635
Loc: South Lyon, MI, USA
I know, it's a pretty obscure phenomenon to be discussing in a zen forum, but I can't think of a better place for it.

In this case, I'm not actually having the same dream, per se. What I am experiencing is actually a recurring theme. Three times in the last four days (that I can remember), I have had dreams where I found myself responsible for the lives of a small group of children. In each dream, there is some sort of invasion going on and I find myself in the midst of it, trying to get these kids to safety.

Usually the situation was desperate and I believe that I failed to protect them in two or all of the dreams, but I can't remember the end very well. In every case I've found myself resorting to violence at the end, but it's always too little too late to save the children from the soldiers who are invariably storming our safehouse.

In the end I always wake up emotionally drained and consequently very tired for the remainder of the day. I can still remember all three dreams with a great deal of clarity, which suggests to me that they were very vivid.

Anyone care to psychoanalyze me based on this? Personally, I believe that dreams can tell us a lot about the inner workings of our minds. But then, that's always up for debate. I'm trying to puzzle out a meaning, but hey, there's always a chance that I'm jumping at shadows.

One other question, has anyone else ever experienced something like this?
_________________________
Soy stupido, pero soy guapo!

Top
#158787 - 06/21/05 11:40 PM Re: Recurring dream [Re: Foolsgold]
JoelM Offline
Professional Poster

Registered: 07/26/04
Posts: 6355
Loc: Georgia, USA
Have you had any type of situations recently dealing with young children? Whether the be relatives, other students at school, church group...anything. Have you been in a confrontation recently?

That's all I got for now.
_________________________
We should all take ourselves seriously...and then crumple that image up and toss it out the window.

Top
#158788 - 06/22/05 12:01 AM Re: Recurring dream [Re: JoelM]
butterfly Offline
Professional Poster

Registered: 08/25/04
Posts: 3012
Loc: Torrance, CA
No, I wouldn't care to analyze this, but I always find that dreams that usually stand out like this mean that you are working through some issue. The symbols in the dream are representative of the problem that you are trying to solve. And have you been reading Catcher in the Rye lately?

-B

Top
#158789 - 06/22/05 12:17 AM Re: Recurring dream [Re: Foolsgold]
ButterflyPalm Offline
Enigma

Registered: 08/26/04
Posts: 2637
Loc: Malaysia


When I was much younger, I used to have recurring dreams where I was in a kind of war-zone. I was never in the army. The war-zone I am talkng about is not the modern kind; it was more the old type where no firearms were used. It was really frightening where I needed to run from my "enemies" (not too sure who there were) and I was not sure whether I was actually killed because it kind of ended halfway through when I woke up. There are gone now.

There are as many explanations as there are dream-interpretors.

In your case, a "SSS" (Sylvestor Stallone Syndrome) perhaps

The explanation I most like to believe is the "quantum-mind slipping into a quantum parallel universe" when your conscious mind is asleep and the sub/un conscious mind awakens and tap into this parallel universe where there is a duplicate 'you' living almost similar or even contradictory lives.

'Ghosts or other apparitions or even UFOs' are also taken to be these duplicate beings from this parallel universe dreaming their way into our universe. So "we" are also the ghosts/UFOs in their universe.

Another one is where you are re-living previous lives in your dreams when these previous lives are embedded into your present psychic memory at the moment of your conception when your eternal soul finds a new temporary home.

A "trick" which is worth trying is tying a coloured string round a finger before going to sleep and when the dream occurs, will yourself to look at that string; if you see that string, well, you just take it from there and see what happens. The danger is you may get trapped in that dream in the sense that you "awakens" in the dream itself and finding your way back into the 'real' awaken state that you stated off with. I suppose you will then have to fall asleep in that dream and try to awaken again "here"

If you can do this at will, wow, you probably can conquer time and space itself!

Who really knows? Maybe HE does, but HE is not talking, at least not to me.

A question -- do animals, insects, fish dream? They all have brains / minds, so why not?
_________________________
I'll rather be happy than right, anytime.

Top
#158790 - 06/22/05 12:21 AM Re: Recurring dream [Re: Foolsgold]
Kintama Offline
Professional Poster

Registered: 04/17/05
Posts: 2724
Loc: Massachusetts
did you contribute to the recent thread
"How many five year olds can you take on at once?"...
If you did (or even thought about it), perhaps the dreams are guilt from that experience?

I have no thoughts on dream interpretation other than on my own dreams. sorry. my best guess: The main theme of your dream is responsibility...take a look at the responsibilities in your life, are you giving enough attention to them?

Top
#158791 - 06/22/05 03:17 AM Re: Recurring dream [Re: Foolsgold]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Registered: 01/13/05
Posts: 11399
Loc: Cambridge UK.
Quote:

Three times in the last four days (that I can remember), I have had dreams where I found myself responsible for the lives of a small group of children. In each dream, there is some sort of invasion going on and I find myself in the midst of it, trying to get these kids to safety.




I think it may be a heady combination of cheese eaten near bed time, and the new War of The Worlds movie trailer that is the problem here.

Seriously, sounds like a representation of fear of responsibility due to lack of self confidence. Try having a mental image of you kicking the soldiers tails with an AK47 as you drift off, the positive reinforcement may give you a better outcome, and subsequent better nights sleep.
_________________________
Don't let the door hit ya' where the good lord split ya'
http://cord.mybrute.com

Top
#158792 - 06/22/05 07:19 AM Re: Recurring dream [Re: Cord]
harlan Offline
Professional Poster

Registered: 07/31/04
Posts: 6664
Loc: Amherst, MA
Aside from the more universal symbolism that we all share through the process of enculturation/socialization, we each 'create' our own dream language. The symbolism, if there is any, is individual. You should start a log of dreams, write everything (objects as well as events, emotions noted in the dreams, etc.).

Dreams fascinate us because they are about us.

Top
#158793 - 06/22/05 08:41 AM Re: Recurring dream [Re: Foolsgold]
oldman Offline
Professional Poster

Registered: 07/28/04
Posts: 5884
FG,
.One common paradigm for looking at dreams is to consider all of the roles or characters. In doing so think of each characher as and aspect of yourself. You the Soldier, You the Child, You the Defender. Dreams can be very unsettling. Just as in meditation disturbing images can come up. In meditation you just let them come and go and observe them. At different times in my life I v'e had very disturbing dreams. I wouldn't care to have some of them again but I feel that they can be a valuable part of psychological processing.

Top
#158794 - 06/22/05 06:48 PM Re: Recurring dream [Re: oldman]
Foolsgold Offline
Veteran

Registered: 09/02/04
Posts: 1635
Loc: South Lyon, MI, USA
Quote:

Have you had any type of situations recently dealing with young children? Whether the be relatives, other students at school, church group...anything. Have you been in a confrontation recently?

That's all I got for now.




No real confrontations lately. Suffice to say, the only noticeable trait of my life that has changed from the norm is a moderate depression for about four-five months now. By moderate I mean not debilitating, but I do blame it partly for failing a class (possibly two soon) at school for the first time.

I have been around children a lot more than usual. We just had a sort of family reunion Sunday. Problem is, the dreams started before that.

Quote:

No, I wouldn't care to analyze this, but I always find that dreams that usually stand out like this mean that you are working through some issue. The symbols in the dream are representative of the problem that you are trying to solve. And have you been reading Catcher in the Rye lately?

-B




I wish, I've heard it's quite good. That post was kinda what I meant by psychoanalyze, I suppose that was a misnomer on my part.

Quote:

A "trick" which is worth trying is tying a coloured string round a finger before going to sleep and when the dream occurs, will yourself to look at that string; if you see that string, well, you just take it from there and see what happens. The danger is you may get trapped in that dream in the sense that you "awakens" in the dream itself and finding your way back into the 'real' awaken state that you stated off with. I suppose you will then have to fall asleep in that dream and try to awaken again "here"




BFP, try googling "lucid dreaming". You might find it interesting.

Quote:

If you can do this at will, wow, you probably can conquer time and space itself!




I already control time and space. Bow to me!

Quote:

Who really knows? Maybe HE does, but HE is not talking, at least not to me.




Of course not. HE sits on my shoulder in the form of a leprechaun and tells me what to do . How could you hear HIM from here?

Quote:

A question -- do animals, insects, fish dream? They all have brains / minds, so why not?




It's my personal opinion that only humans can be irrational. That's what dreams are, images we put to irrational stimuli from our unconscious.

Quote:

I think it may be a heady combination of cheese eaten near bed time, and the new War of The Worlds movie trailer that is the problem here.




I do love cheddar cheese...

Quote:

Seriously, sounds like a representation of fear of responsibility due to lack of self confidence. Try having a mental image of you kicking the soldiers tails with an AK47 as you drift off, the positive reinforcement may give you a better outcome, and subsequent better nights sleep.




While it pains me as an intellectual to say so, I've actually tried this sort of thing. I can attest that it has never worked to my knowledge.

Quote:

FG,
.One common paradigm for looking at dreams is to consider all of the roles or characters. In doing so think of each characher as and aspect of yourself. You the Soldier, You the Child, You the Defender. Dreams can be very unsettling. Just as in meditation disturbing images can come up. In meditation you just let them come and go and observe them. At different times in my life I v'e had very disturbing dreams. I wouldn't care to have some of them again but I feel that they can be a valuable part of psychological processing.




I agree, I think that I can learn something from these dreams. I had never thought of each character embodying a different part of me, I'll tinker with that idea for a while. Does that explain why nightmares are so horrifying to us, perhaps because they are so revealing?

Thanks for the replies, all. It's given me something to think about, and Lord knows my brain needs the excercise.
_________________________
Soy stupido, pero soy guapo!

Top
#158795 - 06/23/05 03:21 PM Re: Recurring dream [Re: Foolsgold]
Prometej Offline
Member

Registered: 04/24/05
Posts: 255
Loc: Croatia
In our dreams we see our hidden desires,answers, deepest fears,wishes or something that happend before. The only problem with them is that they are all symbolic. For instance, if you`re runing from someone it means you love him. ?!


Animals dream, it`s proven.
_________________________
Staying silent is the smartest thing to say

Top
#158796 - 06/23/05 04:57 PM Re: Recurring dream [Re: Prometej]
Foolsgold Offline
Veteran

Registered: 09/02/04
Posts: 1635
Loc: South Lyon, MI, USA
Quote:

For instance, if you`re runing from someone it means you love him. ?!




I'm interested, where did you hear this? Are there other theories for different dreams? (I mean real, documented ones, not something from dungeonsanddragonsmasterdarkangelprophecyandorckilling.com)

Quote:

Animals dream, it`s proven.




Also interested in where you heard this, but out of suspicion more than curiosity as before.
_________________________
Soy stupido, pero soy guapo!

Top
#158797 - 06/23/05 11:30 PM Re: Recurring dream [Re: Foolsgold]
LastGURU Offline
The one who knows
Member

Registered: 05/08/05
Posts: 148
Loc: Riga, Latvia
Quote:

Quote:

Animals dream, it`s proven.




Also interested in where you heard this, but out of suspicion more than curiosity as before.



It just seem that you have never had a dog if you doubt that statement.
_________________________
Choice is an illusion created between those with power and those without

Top
#158798 - 06/24/05 05:37 AM Re: Recurring dream [Re: Prometej]
ButterflyPalm Offline
Enigma

Registered: 08/26/04
Posts: 2637
Loc: Malaysia
Quote:

Animals dream, it`s proven.




How about insects and fish?
_________________________
I'll rather be happy than right, anytime.

Top
#158799 - 06/24/05 12:23 PM Re: Recurring dream [Re: Foolsgold]
Prometej Offline
Member

Registered: 04/24/05
Posts: 255
Loc: Croatia
For interpretation of dreams psychology does the trick, try to find some book about dreams or talk to a psychologist.

I don`t know about insects and fish but probably most mammels dream.
You can watch a cat,dog, any pet while he`s sleeping. Some of them are going over a day once more in their dreams.
_________________________
Staying silent is the smartest thing to say

Top
#158800 - 06/24/05 12:56 PM Re: Recurring dream [Re: Foolsgold]
Inuyasha Offline
Enthusiast

Registered: 07/31/04
Posts: 533
Loc: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Quote:

I know, it's a pretty obscure phenomenon to be discussing in a zen forum, but I can't think of a better place for it.

In this case, I'm not actually having the same dream, per se. What I am experiencing is actually a recurring theme. Three times in the last four days (that I can remember), I have had dreams where I found myself responsible for the lives of a small group of children. In each dream, there is some sort of invasion going on and I find myself in the midst of it, trying to get these kids to safety.

Usually the situation was desperate and I believe that I failed to protect them in two or all of the dreams, but I can't remember the end very well. In every case I've found myself resorting to violence at the end, but it's always too little too late to save the children from the soldiers who are invariably storming our safehouse.

In the end I always wake up emotionally drained and consequently very tired for the remainder of the day. I can still remember all three dreams with a great deal of clarity, which suggests to me that they were very vivid.

Anyone care to psychoanalyze me based on this? Personally, I believe that dreams can tell us a lot about the inner workings of our minds. But then, that's always up for debate. I'm trying to puzzle out a meaning, but hey, there's always a chance that I'm jumping at shadows.

One other question, has anyone else ever experienced something like this?




Well this might be a struggle with someone thats under your care. This dream might literally be the future, honest truth I don't know............
_________________________
No hero is mortal till he dies. ♦Inuyasha♦

Top
#158801 - 06/24/05 04:56 PM Re: Recurring dream [Re: ButterflyPalm]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Registered: 11/25/04
Posts: 15634
Loc: York PA. USA
I do not know for certain that animals dream, but some (dogs, cats, etc) exhibit the same signs that humans do - rapid eye movement, limb movement, muted vocalizations, etc.

I think that many of the animals that have some problem solving abilities/play abilities (ie; not just instinctive reactions) probably have dreams.

Interestingly, I have read that dreams may serve some bio-mechanical functions as well as pyscho-processing. Erotic dreams may help to "excercise" the reproductive organs while sleeping. REM is though to help aerate the aqueous humor in the eye, since oxygen transfer to the eye is very low with the eyelids shut.

As far as FG's recurring dream.....I am afraid I do not know the significance, if any.

PAGING GINO!!!!
_________________________
"In case you ever wondered what it's like to be knocked out, it's like waking up from a nightmare only to discover it wasn't a dream." -Forrest Griffin

Top
#158802 - 06/24/05 05:20 PM Re: Recurring dream [Re: MattJ]
Reiki Offline
Professional Poster

Registered: 05/30/02
Posts: 3400
Loc: MiddleEarth
I'm pretty sure most of my menagerie dreams, from what I've observed anyway. I have a reasonable sampling of larger & more advanced species here - dogs, cats, goats, horses, cattle.
Not sure about birds, fish and insects though. Maybe they are further down the evolutionary tree and don't.

I tend to agree with the quantum mind/parallel experience thing when it comes to dreaming. I've had more than my fair share of duality type dreams over the past few years to think that more is going on than we tend to understand for now.

The increase in these dreams and other strange experiences happened when I took my first reiki attunements. After that life became increasingly weird until weird is now normal. Very few things now surprise me.

Like finding lost stuff. If you want to know where it is, I usually will find it. Or I will be reading up on some remote and unknown bizarre thing one day, to find it is now the main topic of the news the next day. etc etc.

Its just life but not as we know it.....!
_________________________
Allow me to acquaint you with my friends Mr Jab and Mr Cross...

Top
#158803 - 06/24/05 08:56 PM Re: Recurring dream [Re: Foolsgold]
Gino Offline
Member

Registered: 01/10/05
Posts: 410
Loc: New York State
Although I'm a psychologist by profession, my background is in experimental psychology and cognitive-behaviorism. I treat the dually-diagnosed for psychiatric and behavioral problems. I have no expertise in dream analysis, and I'm not even close to being a Freudian or Jungian. Still, like most of you guys, I can attempt to at least offer my position on this topic. IMHO, dreams are typically nothing more than the mind at play. Think of it like this: Your brain is at rest, and so it's "relaxing", maybe showing you some movies, if you will, for your amusement. If this is true, our dreams are really meaningless. Also, it has been shown that the brain needs a certain amount of stimulation in order to maintain homeostasis (a steady state of functioning). If it doesn't get enough of it while you're awake, it'll make up stuff while you're asleep, just for the stimlation. Hence, it dreams. Now, a behaviorist (such as myself) would say that there are usually no "hidden meanings" in dreams. But having said that, let me channel back to my grad school course in psychoanalysis and offer a possible interpretation, albeit a simple one: Fighting in a dream may mean that you feel that part of you, such as your personality, or your job, or a relationship, etc. is under attack. You may feel that you're about to lose a part of yourself (silly, I know, but this is the best I've got after twenty-some years, so bear with me). Has work or school been difficult lately? Has the family made demands that you feel you can't honor? Have you been asked to "grow up" lately, metaphorically speaking? Are you defending yourself in some way to your boss, your colleagues, your family, etc.? This could help answer your question. Otherwise, I'm as much a novice as the rest of you. Just don't lose any sleep over this.
_________________________
Gino has left the building.

Top
#158804 - 06/24/05 09:12 PM Re: Recurring dream [Re: Foolsgold]
Gino Offline
Member

Registered: 01/10/05
Posts: 410
Loc: New York State
Quote:

No real confrontations lately. Suffice to say, the only noticeable trait of my life that has changed from the norm is a moderate depression for about four-five months now. By moderate I mean not debilitating, but I do blame it partly for failing a class (possibly two soon) at school for the first time.




Sorry, I just read this post more carefully, and it is possible that your moderate depression could be responsible for the dreams. But, what's causing the depression? Occupational hazard for me, but red flags go up when someone says they're even moderately depressed, so don't get ticked off when I suggest that you monitor the following symptoms: sleep, appetite, activity level, interest in sex and other preferred activities, ability to concentrate, self-isolation, feelings of hopelessness, self-medicating (using alcohol or drugs more frequently than normal), urges to hurt yourself. Periodic dysthymia (kind of a "depression-light") is common among most adults in the U.S. and Britain, but a prolonged period of sadness may be significant and should be brought to the attention of your physician. I'm not suggesting anything, and I say this to anyone who indicated that they were even moderately depressed. E-mail me if you'd like to talk more. - Gene
_________________________
Gino has left the building.

Top
#158805 - 06/24/05 11:42 PM Re: Recurring dream [Re: Reiki]
ButterflyPalm Offline
Enigma

Registered: 08/26/04
Posts: 2637
Loc: Malaysia


I find the "quantum / parallel universe" theory interesting because when I dream, the things in the dreams are similar but not exactly the same as those found in my awaken state.

An example. I dreamt of a piano the other night, the keys are not black & white, but yellow and white! Why should this be? If dreams are, as been asserted, a wishful playout of solutions of unresolved issues encountered in the awaken state, shouldn't it be a direct material reflection of that state? Why would I dream of a piano with yellow, white keys? The piano in that dream happens to be there; it was not the main subject matter of the dream.

My explanation? The keys of pianos in one particular universe parallel to ours are yellow & white; Why not? there is no cosmic rule that I know of that pianos must have black & white keys.

We will have to wait a while more before time, space and the human mind reveal more of their mysteries.

Now I know why immortality or at least longevity is so important.
_________________________
I'll rather be happy than right, anytime.

Top
#158806 - 06/25/05 06:15 PM Re: Recurring dream [Re: Gino]
Foolsgold Offline
Veteran

Registered: 09/02/04
Posts: 1635
Loc: South Lyon, MI, USA
Quote:

Sorry, I just read this post more carefully, and it is possible that your moderate depression could be responsible for the dreams. But, what's causing the depression? Occupational hazard for me, but red flags go up when someone says they're even moderately depressed, so don't get ticked off when I suggest that you monitor the following symptoms: sleep, appetite, activity level, interest in sex and other preferred activities, ability to concentrate, self-isolation, feelings of hopelessness, self-medicating (using alcohol or drugs more frequently than normal), urges to hurt yourself. Periodic dysthymia (kind of a "depression-light") is common among most adults in the U.S. and Britain, but a prolonged period of sadness may be significant and should be brought to the attention of your physician. I'm not suggesting anything, and I say this to anyone who indicated that they were even moderately depressed. E-mail me if you'd like to talk more. - Gene




I'll PM you.

Just did, check your in-box. I warn you, it's long.


Edited by Foolsgold (06/25/05 11:00 PM)
_________________________
Soy stupido, pero soy guapo!

Top
#158807 - 06/27/05 05:30 PM Re: Recurring dream [Re: Foolsgold]
Prometej Offline
Member

Registered: 04/24/05
Posts: 255
Loc: Croatia
I don`t know is it a virus or what but these couple of days i had some funky dreams about some kids who weren`t very nice.The feeling was like in a twilight zone.

Tonight i`m going to dream about something fluffy and cute...

*Hello bunny, hey Bambi what`s up... no,no, Bambi,leave that rabbit,...no,GET OFF THAT RABBIT!*


Edited by Prometej (06/27/05 05:31 PM)
_________________________
Staying silent is the smartest thing to say

Top
#158808 - 06/28/05 02:38 AM Re: Recurring dream [Re: Prometej]
ButterflyPalm Offline
Enigma

Registered: 08/26/04
Posts: 2637
Loc: Malaysia
Quote:

I don`t know is it a virus or what but these couple of days i had some funky dreams about some kids who weren`t very nice.The feeling was like in a twilight zone.

Tonight i`m going to dream about something fluffy and cute...

*Hello bunny, hey Bambi what`s up... no,no, Bambi,leave that rabbit,...no,GET OFF THAT RABBIT!*







Staying silent is the smartest thing to say
_________________________
I'll rather be happy than right, anytime.

Top
#158809 - 06/28/05 04:19 AM Re: Recurring dream [Re: Foolsgold]
jabber Offline
Member

Registered: 12/04/04
Posts: 95
Loc: UK
Hi Foolsgold,

I had a similar recurring dream a couple of years ago. I had to save kids from a crashed car before it exploded and the "authorities" caught me. I`m well into analyzing my dreams, don`t know how accurate I am though!!

As far as I could discern, I was the children, I was trying to protect myself, ( inreality I had lost a friend of over 20 years over a man - the dream occurred a year after the fallout). Usually figures of authority symbolise a task/hurdle you are putting off - I think, something along those lines. we had not met face to face since he lied about me - much unresolved stuff, the sort of stuff that does give you lucid dreams even years later.

The children that I lifted from the car `turned` into balls and rolled safely away, I talked with the authorities and went on my way making me feel that I was more resilient that I gave myself credit for.

There were possibly 20 characters in the dream, and I would agree with Oldman that mostly you are signafied in the dream, not necessarily children that are around you.


Jabber
_________________________
Those are my principles, and if you don`t like them...well, I have others.

Top
#158810 - 06/28/05 09:24 PM Re: Recurring dream [Re: jabber]
Foolsgold Offline
Veteran

Registered: 09/02/04
Posts: 1635
Loc: South Lyon, MI, USA
Wow, I wasn't expecting so many replies over a personal issue. Thanks guys.
_________________________
Soy stupido, pero soy guapo!

Top
#158811 - 06/30/05 04:04 PM Re: Recurring dream [Re: Foolsgold]
Prometej Offline
Member

Registered: 04/24/05
Posts: 255
Loc: Croatia
How are you now? Sleeping well?
_________________________
Staying silent is the smartest thing to say

Top
#158812 - 07/09/05 06:27 AM Re: Recurring dream [Re: Foolsgold]
Foolsgold Offline
Veteran

Registered: 09/02/04
Posts: 1635
Loc: South Lyon, MI, USA
Update: (for those who care)

I have only had one dream with the same elements since I last posted here. Other than that, I either haven't been dreaming or just don't remember it.

One other mentionable, it was interesting to put myself in the shoes of each character. Myself the innocent ideal, myself the protector, myself the monster. Try it with a dream sometime, it was enlightening for me.
_________________________
Soy stupido, pero soy guapo!

Top
#158813 - 07/09/05 05:15 PM Re: Recurring dream [Re: Foolsgold]
Prometej Offline
Member

Registered: 04/24/05
Posts: 255
Loc: Croatia
Glad that you`re ok now
_________________________
Staying silent is the smartest thing to say

Top
#158814 - 11/10/05 12:45 AM Re: Recurring dream [Re: Prometej]
Stray Offline
Newbie

Registered: 11/10/05
Posts: 5
This is kind of happing to me lately. I keep dreaming about tornados. I'm either chasing them, trying to get pictures of them, or running from them and everytime I wake up I'm going "what was that all about?"

Top
#158815 - 12/06/05 11:26 PM Re: Recurring dream [Re: Stray]
goju_girl Offline
Member

Registered: 10/19/05
Posts: 101
Loc: Canada eh!
Quote:

This is kind of happing to me lately. I keep dreaming about tornados. I'm either chasing them, trying to get pictures of them, or running from them and everytime I wake up I'm going "what was that all about?"




I was late comming into the other dream discussions... could I try analyzing this one? (PLEASE don't laugh, I'm not very good at this)

In your dreams, do you think that the tornado could be something that you feel that you need/want, but is something unatainable? (i.e. a new job you aren't sure you have the qualifications for, an idea or concept you can't quite grasp, a goal you have that seems distant, ect.)

And when you are chasing the tornado, maybe you feel uncertain about the atainability of (whatever you feel it represents) for example: it's something that part of you is saying "go for it you can do it!" while another part of you is saying "no, don't do it! Play it safe!"

When you are taking pictures of the tornado, maybe you are trying to analyze it, slow it down to evaluate all possibilities?

well that's my 2 cents... sorry if it's a load of crap

-Nikita
_________________________
New hieghts are achieved once you have the courage to leave the ground

Top
#158816 - 12/07/05 02:25 AM Re: Recurring dream [Re: goju_girl]
ButterflyPalm Offline
Enigma

Registered: 08/26/04
Posts: 2637
Loc: Malaysia
I'll be less charitable.

He started to spell banananana and don't know when to stop
_________________________
I'll rather be happy than right, anytime.

Top
#158817 - 12/07/05 08:25 PM Re: Recurring dream [Re: ButterflyPalm]
argan Offline
Newbie

Registered: 11/30/05
Posts: 7
Loc: Indiana, USA
Quote:

I find the "quantum / parallel universe" theory interesting because when I dream, the things in the dreams are similar but not exactly the same as those found in my awaken state.




I too find things different in my dream. The sky for example, is sometimes a different color. Almost a sunset, but not exactly. And i don't get the feeling that it is towards the end of the day.


Edited by argan (12/07/05 08:30 PM)

Top
#158818 - 12/07/05 09:11 PM Re: Recurring dream [Re: argan]
ButterflyPalm Offline
Enigma

Registered: 08/26/04
Posts: 2637
Loc: Malaysia

Yes, especially the people, who behave out of character from their awaken personality.
_________________________
I'll rather be happy than right, anytime.

Top
#158819 - 12/08/05 01:05 AM Re: Recurring dream [Re: Foolsgold]
Foolsgold Offline
Veteran

Registered: 09/02/04
Posts: 1635
Loc: South Lyon, MI, USA
As a point of interest, I recently recalled a recurring nightmare that I used to have.

At about 7 years old, I dreamt nearly every night that if I didn't get to bed at nine, a monster would emerge from the TV and eat me. I actually started getting scared to go to sleep because it happened every night.

Nowadays, I always get sleepy at nine, but if I stay up past nine I have trouble sleeping. I think there may be a connection.
_________________________
Soy stupido, pero soy guapo!

Top
#158820 - 12/08/05 03:58 AM Re: Recurring dream [Re: Foolsgold]
ButterflyPalm Offline
Enigma

Registered: 08/26/04
Posts: 2637
Loc: Malaysia
You poor boy.

Repeat after me....'there are no TV monsters, there are no TV monsters...........'

ARGhhhhhhhhHHHHGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
_________________________
I'll rather be happy than right, anytime.

Top
#158821 - 12/08/05 01:44 PM Re: Recurring dream [Re: Foolsgold]
Prometej Offline
Member

Registered: 04/24/05
Posts: 255
Loc: Croatia
Maybe some new association with tv would help. Watch Baywatch and think of those girls emerging from tv at 9...
_________________________
Staying silent is the smartest thing to say

Top
#158822 - 12/08/05 02:02 PM Re: Recurring dream [Re: Prometej]
nenipp Offline
Veteran

Registered: 04/13/04
Posts: 1205
Show some mercy, don't mess him up even more!

Top
#158823 - 12/08/05 02:54 PM Re: Recurring dream [Re: Foolsgold]
DullBlade42 Offline
Uber-Cool Shindig Host

Registered: 11/22/04
Posts: 1277
Loc: Long York, New Island
You know what's not uncommon to do with a weird dream?

Make a movie of it! I'd go see it.

Oldman can do the awesome voice over for the preview!:
This Winter, Earth will never be the same again....They will come from the sky....They will come from the sea.....They will come from the ground....They will destroy everything in their path. They say our future lies in the children.....And the children's future lies in one man......FoolsGold is...


The "Gold" Digger!

Coming to a theater near you January 14th.


The ending can consist of some mythical figure in the shape of an eskimo revealing to you that the Soldiers that are invading are actually YOU! That'll keep the audience guessing.

Then you need a catchy, almost nonsensical catchphrase like, "Go For the Gold!"
_________________________
I'm against picketing, but I don't know how to show it. -Mitch Hedberg

Top
#158824 - 12/08/05 05:24 PM Re: Recurring dream [Re: DullBlade42]
Foolsgold Offline
Veteran

Registered: 09/02/04
Posts: 1635
Loc: South Lyon, MI, USA
Which lucky woman gets to be the lead female actor?
_________________________
Soy stupido, pero soy guapo!

Top
#158825 - 12/08/05 05:59 PM Re: Recurring dream [Re: ButterflyPalm]
Dudley32 Offline
master of disaster

Registered: 10/25/05
Posts: 482
Loc: Indiana
Quote:



When I was much younger, I used to have recurring dreams where I was in a kind of war-zone. I was never in the army. The war-zone I am talkng about is not the modern kind; it was more the old type where no firearms were used. It was really frightening where I needed to run from my "enemies" (not too sure who there were) and I was not sure whether I was actually killed because it kind of ended halfway through when I woke up. There are gone now.

There are as many explanations as there are dream-interpretors.

In your case, a "SSS" (Sylvestor Stallone Syndrome) perhaps

The explanation I most like to believe is the "quantum-mind slipping into a quantum parallel universe" when your conscious mind is asleep and the sub/un conscious mind awakens and tap into this parallel universe where there is a duplicate 'you' living almost similar or even contradictory lives.

'Ghosts or other apparitions or even UFOs' are also taken to be these duplicate beings from this parallel universe dreaming their way into our universe. So "we" are also the ghosts/UFOs in their universe.

Another one is where you are re-living previous lives in your dreams when these previous lives are embedded into your present psychic memory at the moment of your conception when your eternal soul finds a new temporary home.

A "trick" which is worth trying is tying a coloured string round a finger before going to sleep and when the dream occurs, will yourself to look at that string; if you see that string, well, you just take it from there and see what happens. The danger is you may get trapped in that dream in the sense that you "awakens" in the dream itself and finding your way back into the 'real' awaken state that you stated off with. I suppose you will then have to fall asleep in that dream and try to awaken again "here"

If you can do this at will, wow, you probably can conquer time and space itself!

Who really knows? Maybe HE does, but HE is not talking, at least not to me.

A question -- do animals, insects, fish dream? They all have brains / minds, so why not?





Are you serious?? because you sound like some crazy dude on crack.
_________________________
Practice doesn't make perfect. Perfect Practice makes perfect.

Top
#158826 - 12/08/05 11:35 PM Re: Recurring dream [Re: Dudley32]
ButterflyPalm Offline
Enigma

Registered: 08/26/04
Posts: 2637
Loc: Malaysia
Quote:

some crazy dude on crack.




Crazy? -- when it suits me;

Dude? -- that's just your kind opinion;

Crack? -- ever heard of super glue?

I know, I know, never touch the stuff; H2whoa, with or without salt, is a lot safer.

Finally, thanks for showing an interest in my long-forgotten post.
_________________________
I'll rather be happy than right, anytime.

Top
#158827 - 12/18/05 07:54 PM Re: Recurring dream [Re: ButterflyPalm]
KarlHTKDSTUDENT Offline
Member

Registered: 11/07/05
Posts: 55
I have had recurring dreams. Sometimes they go on for a week. Usually whats happeneing is I'm in a fight, and everything is really clear and I know what to do. But when I try to attack I move fast, but when I hit my fists just bounce right off. I retreat, and then he attacks, I try to block but I can't move my arms, and I get hit, and it feels like getting hit with a bat (which I know how it feels, be careful playing baseball with your friends lol ) Basically I end up losing, then I wake up. It's pretty weird, just thought I'd post it.
Karl
_________________________
A true warrior wins the battle before it begins.

Top
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >


Moderator:  Cord, MattJ, Reiki 




Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Fight Videos
Night club fight footage and street fights captured with the world's first bouncer spy cam

How to Matrix!
Learn ten times faster with new training method. Learn entire arts for as little as $10 per disk.

Self Defense
Stun guns, pepper spray, Mace and self defense products. Alarms for personal and home use.

TASER MC26C
Stop An Urban Gorilla: Get 2 FREE TASER M26C Replacement Air Cartridges With Each New TASER M26C!

 

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga