FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 30 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TomRosenberg, jessylin, play, Keith_G, LeroyCFischer
22937 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
jwwmantis 2
futsaowingchun 1
Zombie Zero 1
Beefcake 1
LeroyCFischer 1
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
New Topics
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
12/17/14 09:40 PM
2015 Master Yang Jwing-Ming Seminar
by jwwmantis
12/05/14 10:36 PM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by
12/27/06 11:43 AM
Your true goal
by
03/03/06 07:16 AM
Recent Posts
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
12/17/14 09:40 PM
Your true goal
by Beefcake
12/11/14 02:44 AM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by LeroyCFischer
12/04/14 02:07 AM
Forum Stats
22937 Members
36 Forums
35591 Topics
432526 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#210150 - 12/01/05 11:07 AM Whats in Your Wallet?
oldman Offline
Professional Poster

Folks,
There is an add on TV these days that features hordes of barbarians chasing credit card users. At the end of the comercial one asks"Whats in Yourrrrr wallet?".
Over the year I have used a method to help me achive my goals. I collect or create images of what I would like to achieve. I 'm a very visual learner. I guess in a sense if I can see it, I can believe it. I place those images and phrases in my wallet or where I can see them daily. In doing it is a reminder, and serves as a reinforement of my goals. It has been very helpful for me. For example I did dozens of renderings of my dojo before I built it. The finished dojo looks almost exactly like my first drawings. The image you see is of a book that I 'm working on. As for now exists on my wall and in my wallet. Do you use any similar methods to motivate yourself?

Whats in your wallet?

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

#210151 - 12/01/05 11:22 AM Re: Whats in Your Wallet? [Re: oldman]
Ed_Morris Offline
Professional Poster

first, put me in for 2 orders of your book....THEN you can see into my wallet!

actually, I have school pictures of my two boys...corney or perhaps numbingly common, but thats all the motivation needed. I choose not to post their mugs, but take my word for it...they are better looking than their dad.

#210152 - 12/01/05 11:24 AM Re: Whats in Your Wallet? [Re: oldman]
Tolyn1007 Offline

Loc: SF Bay Area
I have a little address book that someone gave me some where along the way. I started writing sayings that I had heard in it so I now have a portable quips and quotes log. I'm more of a visual learner too so that if I hear something, write it down right away and see it on paper, I'll recall it longer.

#210153 - 12/01/05 11:32 AM Re: Whats in Your Wallet? [Re: oldman]
MikeC Offline
Dragon

Loc: Kingston Ontario
Luv the idea of the book. Would like to see pictures of your new space.

#210154 - 12/01/05 11:41 AM Re: Whats in Your Wallet? [Re: oldman]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Loc: York PA. USA
I don't keep them in my wallet, but I do keep a loose collection of ideas and techniques that I have seen or thought of in a file at my house.

Very useful to be able to refer back to something written down or drawn, so you can remember it properly.

#210155 - 12/01/05 11:45 AM Re: Whats in Your Wallet? [Re: MikeC]
harlan Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Amherst, MA
Darn...Ed beat me to it. Put me down for one order...do I pay extra to get an autograph?

I'm very 'scattered', and have lost my wallet so many times that I no longer put anything of real value in it. For example, working two jobs I almost never see my kids. This became apparent one morning when I dropped off my daughter for school. After the usual/daily hectic rush to get up and out the door, racing to school, she jumped out of the car, and said 'See you tomorrow.'

My heart is my wallet, and I try to fill it with as many hugs and kisses as I steal.

Edited by harlan (12/01/05 11:47 AM)

#210156 - 12/01/05 11:53 AM Re: Whats in Your Wallet? [Re: harlan]
phoenixsflame Offline

Loc: Chicago, Illinois
Quote:

Darn...Ed beat me to it. Put me down for one order...do I pay extra to get an autograph?

I'm very 'scattered', and have lost my wallet so many times that I no longer put anything of real value in it. For example, working two jobs I almost never see my kids. This became apparent one morning when I dropped off my daughter for school. After the usual/daily hectic rush to get up and out the door, racing to school, she jumped out of the car, and said 'See you tomorrow.'

My heart is my wallet, and I try to fill it with as many hugs and kisses as I steal.

Yeah... I'm the same as Harlan, save I have a man purse.

I love my man purse. To those who aren't comfortable calling it a man purse, you can call it a messanger bag/satchel... Whatever floats your boat.

But its my man purse.

When I don't have my man purse, I have my backpack. I've lived with those two items for the past 15 years (Well, the backpack is new, only two years old, but its spirit is of my original one.)

Those are my wallets, and usually its my writing things. Notebooks, pencils, and ear plugs, medication... Um... A baby toy for my son if it hits an emergancy boredom streak.

And my backpack has my laptop. Woot. And books. I almost always carry my Zen mind beginners mind with me. I've gone through six books so far, I've given them to random strangers, dear friends and those who simply wished to know.

#210157 - 12/01/05 12:04 PM Re: Whats in Your Wallet? [Re: oldman]
Christie Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Waterloo, ON
I'm not too sure about what is IN my wallet right now but I can sure tell you what ISN'T ... money!!

#210158 - 12/01/05 12:05 PM Re: Whats in Your Wallet? [Re: oldman]
butterfly Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Torrance, CA
I keep notes occasionally and I have a small sketch pad that I keep at work to throw a few things into, but don't really use these as collection points for future endeavors.

In my wallet is one picture of my wife and a pile of ATM transaction receipts....if I don't know where I am going, at least I know how much it cost me to get there......

#210159 - 12/01/05 12:10 PM Re: Whats in Your Wallet? [Re: oldman]
ShikataGaNai Offline
Veteran

Loc: Bellingham, WA
I write every thought i don't want to lose on pieces of scrap paper and try to put them in places where I won't forget to look at them. Sometimes my bedroom looks alot like the main character's from "Memento" (guy pearce).

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Stun Guns
Variety of stun gun devices for your protection

Buy Pepper Spray
Worry about your family when you’re not around? Visit us today to protect everything you value.

Koryu.com
Accurate information on the ancient martial traditions of the Japanese samurai

C2 Taser
Protect yourself and loved ones from CRIME with the latest C2 Taser citizen model. Very effective.

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga