FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 121 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
MAWomanTCC, Manu, wlh001, HonestyM57, Sanda_fan
23231 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Zombie Zero 2
Raul Perez 1
exceptionist2 1
November
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
New Topics
Martial Arts by Laura Bonthuis Chen Taijiquan
by MAWomanTCC
10/05/19 03:43 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by
05/13/07 08:02 AM
Recent Posts
Martial Arts by Laura Bonthuis Chen Taijiquan
by Zombie Zero
10/18/19 05:30 PM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by Zombie Zero
10/18/19 05:29 PM
Forum Stats
23231 Members
36 Forums
35699 Topics
432766 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#197468 - 10/26/05 12:17 AM A DISCLAIMER
h2whoa Offline

Loc: Fiji
I would like to take the time to say that all posts I make are based on my experience and journey as a martial artists.

All philosophies and trains of thought, are those that I have learnt and codes which I choose to live by!

I do not have any intention to force feed my idea/ideals to anyone, if they are in conflict with yours, I would ask that you not flame up and get abusive and respect mine as
I will strive to respect yours.

I will try to answer all questions posed to me as honestly and respectfully as I can, based only on my experiences and ask that I be given the same courtesy.

If I have offended you please notify me in a PM and I will try to correct my charecter accordingly!! I would also like to apologise in advance if I do upset anyone.

Have A Nice Day

*bows respectfully*

#197469 - 10/26/05 12:54 AM Re: A DISCLAIMER [Re: h2whoa]
oldman Offline
Professional Poster

What part of Fiji do you hail from?

#197470 - 10/26/05 01:02 AM Re: A DISCLAIMER [Re: h2whoa]
ButterflyPalm Offline
Enigma

Loc: Malaysia

I am interested in knowing what your unusual username mean.

Oldman.

Fiji has many parts? Its more like many islands.

Does Fiji has any indigenous MA? I know they do have spears.

#197471 - 10/26/05 04:19 PM Re: A DISCLAIMER [Re: h2whoa]
goju_girl Offline

Loc: Canada eh!
THANK YOU!!!

I hope everyone else can agree, and yes are there any MA's originally from Fiji?

-Nikki

#197472 - 10/26/05 04:40 PM Re: A DISCLAIMER [Re: ButterflyPalm]
Kintama Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Massachusetts

#197473 - 10/26/05 05:25 PM Re: A DISCLAIMER [Re: Kintama]
h2whoa Offline

Quote:

fiji warriors
then:
http://www.janeresture.com/fiji_historical1/Fiji%20Warrior.jpg
http://www.justpacific.com/fiji/fijiphotos/books/hilltribes/warrior.jpg
http://www.janesoceania.com/fiji_music/FIJI%20WARRIOR%20with%20his%20WAR-DRUM%20Old%20photo%20PC.jpg

and now:
http://www.johnnyjet.com/images/PicForNewsletterFijiNov152004CastAwayWAITER.JPG

LOL the pictures you have provided links for are for a guy standing around, a guy dancing, and a guy calling a meeting and also a waiter at the shangri la fijian resort.

Quote:

What part of Fiji do you hail from?

I hail from the city (one of only two) of SUVA (huzzah).

Quote:

I am interested in knowing what your unusual username mean.

h2whoa is a name I was given because when I started training I was nine, all the boys would get together and buy some kind of carbonated soda i would only drink water because it was better for you as our sensei said (I follow sensei's instruction to the letter),, sure enough when the second half of training started they all looked like dogs on a hot day (and we have some scorchers in fiji). When asked why I didnt look tired or wasnt thirsty and begging for a water break... I told them to stick to H2WHOA....that name followed me around for years before it was changed to une une (earthquake), one is because I an quite big 130kg, 12% body fat. Before I train or go into iri kumi, I was overheard chanting my mantra "Every step I take shakes the ground, when I get out of bed there is an eartquake in tokyo!!" Its stupid I know but it how I get ready.

Quote:

I hope everyone else can agree, and yes are there any MA's originally from Fiji?

-Nikki

There is a fighting style using war clubs:
http://www.janeresture.com/oceania_ethnology/Image10.jpg
There is only one man left that teaches it, so once a year I make a one month pilgramidge to his village (not accesable by road), to live and train with him, I have been doing this for seven years.
The club we use is the one with the "thumb" protruding out.
That part is used to snap necks and rake eyes and stab. It is not a very gaceful weapon but, it is like dripping nitro. It is combined with punches and kicks. All warfare was fought with these three weapons depending on which side of the country you were from!!

*bows repectfully*

#197474 - 10/26/05 10:05 PM Re: A DISCLAIMER [Re: Kintama]
ButterflyPalm Offline
Enigma

Kintama.

Much as we admire (and hopelessly to emulate) your googling skills, give H2whoa a chance; this is his thread.

Following a disclaimer from me as well, I'll say that waiter picture was in "bad" taste -- H2whoa drinks only water In any case, he (the waiter) may very well be that reclusive master who teaches him (H2whoa) the rare and perhaps dying art of Fiji 'club fighting' Judging from those club pictures, I'll say you better put off for a while your plans for a holiday there; if, against my better advice, you do intend to go, do not order a club soda to go with a club sandwich

H2whoa.

How about some training pictures to put things into perspective for Kintama ?

Edited by ButterflyPalm (10/26/05 10:06 PM)

#197475 - 10/26/05 10:21 PM Re: A DISCLAIMER [Re: ButterflyPalm]
h2whoa Offline

Quote:

Kintama.

Much as we admire (and hopelessly to emulate) your googling skills, give H2whoa a chance; this is his thread.

Following a disclaimer from me as well, I'll say that waiter picture was in "bad" taste -- H2whoa drinks only water In any case, he (the waiter) may very well be that reclusive master who teaches him (H2whoa) the rare and perhaps dying art of Fiji 'club fighting' Judging from those club pictures, I'll say you better put off for a while your plans for a holiday there; if, against my better advice, you do intend to go, do not order a club soda to go with a club sandwich

H2whoa.

How about some training pictures to put things into perspective for Kintama ?

I dont have any training pics right now , however I will scan some pics when I find some (their in the back of my cupboard, some where) from about four years ago.

Fiji is one of the most visited countries in the South Pacific, we have a saying here "fiji the way the world should be" Do you know that guns dont exist here, people dont walk around with knives etc. It is agreat place to bring up your children, I was going to move to portland before my son was born, but have decided to stay here.

I do only drink water, and Kava (well its mixed with water), A narcotic that is a member of the pepper plant. I dont smoke or take alcohol.

http://kavaroot.com/Folklore/Fiji/jekishan_fiji.htm

http://kavaroot.com/aboutkava_frames.htm

I should be making a trip up to navosa in dec, if I cant find any pics now, I will take some then. Or alternatively I could show you some techniques, with my training partner. That should tide you over till then!!

*bows respectfully*

#197476 - 10/26/05 10:31 PM Re: A DISCLAIMER [Re: h2whoa]
ButterflyPalm Offline
Enigma

Yeah, show us please -- so long as you keep to your promise not to wear your underwear on the outside of your Gi. This is a family Forum.

Got that Kintama? order a club kava, please.

#197477 - 10/26/05 10:35 PM Re: A DISCLAIMER [Re: ButterflyPalm]
h2whoa Offline

Quote:

Yeah, show us please -- so long as you keep to your promise not to wear your underwear on the outside of your Gi. This is a family Forum.

Are you mocking me?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Stun Guns
Variety of stun gun devices for your protection

Buy Pepper Spray
Worry about your family when you’re not around? Visit us today to protect everything you value.

Koryu.com
Accurate information on the ancient martial traditions of the Japanese samurai

C2 Taser
Protect yourself and loved ones from CRIME with the latest C2 Taser citizen model. Very effective.

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga