FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 66 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Shanktotheright, royal, bobgalle100011, agenonline, TooNice
22862 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Dobbersky 3
THEFOREVERMAN 3
MattJ 2
Marcus Charles 1
TooNice 1
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
New Topics
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by Marcus Charles
03/24/14 04:39 PM
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by Dobbersky
03/20/14 05:45 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
AKK kata question
by
09/04/05 01:27 PM
Recent Posts
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by THEFOREVERMAN
Today at 08:22 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by THEFOREVERMAN
Today at 08:20 AM
AKK kata question
by MattJ
04/04/14 05:45 PM
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Forum Stats
22862 Members
36 Forums
35546 Topics
432378 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#147445 - 05/21/05 11:01 PM what martial art was origanly ment for killing?
Donte Offline

Loc: sacramento, ca, usa
just wondering if anyone knew........cause i dont

#147446 - 05/22/05 02:59 PM Re: what martial art was origanly ment for killing? [Re: Donte]
modernwarrior Offline

I would say Kenjutsu and Ninjutsu. Im not sure if anyone would agree? Both of those arts were durived during a time where the samurai and ninja had to fight to the death. They werent out to score points thats for sure.

#147447 - 05/22/05 04:31 PM Re: what martial art was origanly ment for killing? [Re: Donte]
cxt Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: USA
Donte

Dude pretty much ALL of them--that was the original intent of all "martial" arts.

Eastern, western, etc.

Why all the questions about killing and all--your posting these on a number or threads--why?

Edited by cxt (05/22/05 04:32 PM)

#147448 - 05/22/05 05:08 PM Re: what martial art was origanly ment for killing? [Re: cxt]
Donte Offline

Quote:

Donte

Dude pretty much ALL of them--that was the original intent of all "martial" arts.
that is not true, tae kwon dow was spacificaly made in koria by farmers that kept on getting theyr crops stolen
karate was made just to defend one's self
and most martial arts were not ment for kiling, but i know theyr are like 5 or 6 and i want to leanr them

Eastern, western, etc.

Why all the questions about killing and all--your posting these on a number or threads--why?

#147449 - 05/22/05 05:38 PM Re: what martial art was origanly ment for killing? [Re: Donte]
cxt Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: USA

Donte

Actually most TKD was largely based on Okinawan/Japanese karate which itself was not "really" developed by farmers.

Karate was developed as a "last ditch" method of fighting for your life. And its form and function was pretty much used to save yourself and inflict grevious harm on your attacker--up to and including killing him.

Defending ones self and killing are a pretty fine line--often a question of semantics rather than design, as far as arts go.

If you wish to discuss karate etc then please address your question the proper forum--this is the Daito forum and questions pertaining to karate/tkd and the like do not belong here.

I will answer no more questions about arts not asked on the correct forum.
Happy to discuss them on the right one though.

#147450 - 05/22/05 11:34 PM Re: what martial art was origanly ment for killing? [Re: cxt]
Donte Offline

Quote:

Donte

Actually most TKD was largely based on Okinawan/Japanese karate which itself was not "really" developed by farmers.

Karate was developed as a "last ditch" method of fighting for your life. And its form and function was pretty much used to save yourself and inflict grevious harm on your attacker--up to and including killing him.

Defending ones self and killing are a pretty fine line--often a question of semantics rather than design, as far as arts go.

If you wish to discuss karate etc then please address your question the proper forum--this is the Daito forum and questions pertaining to karate/tkd and the like do not belong here.

I will answer no more questions about arts not asked on the correct forum.
Happy to discuss them on the right one though.

...you make me sad

#147451 - 05/25/05 01:36 PM Re: what martial art was origanly ment for killing? [Re: modernwarrior]
Donte Offline

Quote:

I would say Kenjutsu and Ninjutsu. Im not sure if anyone would agree? Both of those arts were durived during a time where the samurai and ninja had to fight to the death. They werent out to score points thats for sure.

ok i reaserched that and thats sword fighting and ib dont really do that (by the way i cant spell great sorry)
but i had hear of a martial are called showshoe.......... i know i didnt spell it right but thats now it sounds..........anyone heard of it ,some old man told me to look into it

#147452 - 06/05/05 05:53 PM Re: what martial art was origanly ment for killing? [Re: Donte]
Ktulu Offline

Loc: Surrey, B.C.
Every single martial art out there, was at one point used to defend yourself if you lost your sword or weapon on the battlefield. They all were lethal and extremely effective. They would usually learn weak points in their opponents armor and where and how to stike their opponents to kill them or imobilize them, and they would also have to learn how to move in thier own armor. Now a days most martial arts are taught for self improvement and perfection of one self, Or for competition. But as far as I know every single martial art traced back far enough was deadly and could be used for killing. But I dont know why you would wanna kill anybody these days unless you plan to be in a war.

#147453 - 06/22/05 10:56 AM Re: what martial art was origanly ment for killing? [Re: Donte]
glad2bhere Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Lindenhurst, Illinois USA
All martial arts are meant for killing.

The difference is how this fact is worked with by various arts, styles and schools. Most places "sneak-up" on the fact by teaching the most superficial and non-lethal material first and saving the most lethal for later.

Some places teach the lethal material up front and just let the chips fall as they may.

Some sanitize their material by taking what might have originated as a lethal technique and shifted it to pain compliance, a throw or a lock instead of a choke or break, thrust or cut.

In todays modern world, most of what you find is "Civilian" arts not "martial" arts. This does not make them bad. I just think its important not to kid ourselves about what it is that is taught, what is learned and why, thats all. FWIW.

Best Wishes,

Bruce

#147454 - 06/23/05 04:39 AM Re: what martial art was origanly ment for killing? [Re: glad2bhere]
Ubermint Offline

First of all, it's called fragging, and the first thing you need to do is master circle strafing. Now there are several different styles of play you can use, like camping,-

Wait, we're not playing quake here?

Oh, I see. Well in the real world, secret death techniques are urban legends.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Fight Videos
Night club fight footage and street fights captured with the world's first bouncer spy cam

How to Matrix!
Learn ten times faster with new training method. Learn entire arts for as little as $10 per disk.

Self Defense
Stun guns, pepper spray, Mace and self defense products. Alarms for personal and home use.

TASER MC26C
Stop An Urban Gorilla: Get 2 FREE TASER M26C Replacement Air Cartridges With Each New TASER M26C!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga