FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 61 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Shanktotheright, royal, bobgalle100011, agenonline, TooNice
22862 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Dobbersky 3
THEFOREVERMAN 3
MattJ 2
Jeff_G 1
Marcus Charles 1
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
New Topics
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by Marcus Charles
03/24/14 04:39 PM
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by Dobbersky
03/20/14 05:45 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
AKK kata question
by
09/04/05 01:27 PM
Recent Posts
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by THEFOREVERMAN
Today at 08:22 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by THEFOREVERMAN
Today at 08:20 AM
AKK kata question
by MattJ
04/04/14 05:45 PM
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Forum Stats
22862 Members
36 Forums
35546 Topics
432378 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... 10 11 >
Topic Options
#155582 - 06/14/05 11:41 AM What is the most effective kick for the streets?
Neko456 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Midwest City, Ok, USA
What is the most effective kick for the streets? We all know that the most effective kick to use in a street attack is the one that takes him out.

But to do this which one would it be. From my street fighting experince its been the front kick low level, with toe of shoe or heel. Or the low level heel or flat of the shoe side kick. The quick flip round kick to the nuts has worked.

But most often the front kick low has been the most successful. Which has worked for you?

Some people believe that any kick in the street is risky, that has not been my experince. Its either opened a door to end or was the end. Its one the strongest weapon we have, it would be like leaving the shotgun in the Squad car, not to use them IMHO.

Edited by Neko456 (06/14/05 12:18 PM)

#155583 - 06/14/05 01:01 PM Re: What is the most effective kick for the stree [Re: Neko456]
Belnick Offline
Veteran

Loc: SWEDEN
I think kicking is always a risky thing, almost never when I fought, but now I might consider it, after I hit him with a few punches, I would not just go in and kick and give him a chance to catch it, no I would press, punch punch punch and bang then the kick would come, prolly go with a low roundhouse(still not sure of the english names) on the side of the knee and hoping he had his weight on the that leg while I kicked it...

#155584 - 06/14/05 01:11 PM Re: What is the most effective kick for the streets? [Re: Neko456]
MAGr Offline
Veteran

Loc: London, home: Athens
I would say a low stamp kick to the knee with heel.
Why?
1.Its not a high kick so it can not be caught, only deflected.
2. Unlikely to be deflected because if you are looking at him in the eyes and he is looking back he probably wont even see it coming because it would be below his line of vision.
3. You can close the gap that way safely and then follow in with punches/whatever
4. His knee is probably going to break if it has any weight on it, and if its not it will still hurt like a mother...
5. Keeps the opponent out of punching range.
6. Its a quick delivery that has no telegraphing, you got to be pretty crap to telegraph that kick.
7. It does not require flexibility in the legs

#155585 - 06/14/05 01:46 PM Re: What is the most effective kick for the streets? [Re: MAGr]
Leo_E_49 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: California
I'd say roundhouse to the side of the knee. The front of the patella is quite resilient but a decent kick to the side should do some damage. It also presents a larger target area which is important under stress and it is a low kick, reducing the chance of the kick being caught or losing balance. That said, the kick may be awkward to use, especially if you're used to using your shin to kick with.

Probably best to leave out kicks alltogether.

#155586 - 06/14/05 02:16 PM Re: What is the most effective kick for the stree [Re: Neko456]
nekogami13 V2.0 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Texas, USA
Your opponents kick.

There is just so much you can do with it.

#155587 - 06/15/05 02:51 AM Re: What is the most effective kick for the stree [Re: nekogami13 V2.0]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Loc: Cambridge UK.
'soccer'kick to the front of the shin is easy to perform without losing balance, and, when wearing steel toe caps, very painfull. Not an ma technique but a good one.

#155588 - 06/15/05 02:59 AM Re: What is the most effective kick for the streets? [Re: Neko456]
BulldogTKD Offline

I would say a round kick to the head. Every time I kicked to the head in a street fight the poor fella want down!

#155589 - 06/15/05 03:26 AM Re: What is the most effective kick for the stree [Re: Cord]
Belnick Offline
Veteran

Loc: SWEDEN
Quote:

'soccer'kick to the front of the shin is easy to perform without losing balance, and, when wearing steel toe caps, very painfull. Not an ma technique but a good one.

lol a "girl" kick ?
steelcap shoes, lol, I work in those, if I can kick into a steelcontainer and create a huge bump I wonder what can de done to his shin

#155590 - 06/15/05 03:52 AM Re: What is the most effective kick for the stree [Re: Belnick]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Loc: Cambridge UK.
Quote:

if I can kick into a steelcontainer and create a huge bump I wonder what can de done to his shin

Exactly You also maintain a good body position whilst doing it, so whatever guard you adopt (if any in such circumstances) is easy to maintain.It is also difficult to grab, and extremely quick to execute. If you catch em a little high you come in on the tendon just below the knee cap in a hard upward motion. Either way if you connect it certainly gets their attention. No such thing as 'best' but i like this one.

#155591 - 06/15/05 06:28 AM Re: What is the most effective kick for the streets? [Re: BulldogTKD]
MAGr Offline
Veteran

Loc: London, home: Athens
Quote:

I would say a round kick to the head. Every time I kicked to the head in a street fight the poor fella want down!

Thats probably because they didnt know how to fight. A high kick is hard to pull off, especially against someone experienced. You must be really good to deliver something effective, and it has to be first time, because otherwise you will find yourself on your back in less time than it takes to say: "oops"!

Cord. Its better to stamp down than an upwards shin kick because the because its pretty easy to avoid it (you just have to lift your leg, and when your leg hits the air you will be off balance. Its better to stamp down because unless the dude has some pretty nifty footwork, you are definetely going to connect with something, and you can put your weight behind it, and you can close the gap to follow up with punches.

This is just from my experience and opinion.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... 10 11 >

Moderator:  Cord, Dedicated1, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Fight Videos
Night club fight footage and street fights captured with the world's first bouncer spy cam

How to Matrix!
Learn ten times faster with new training method. Learn entire arts for as little as $10 per disk.

Self Defense
Stun guns, pepper spray, Mace and self defense products. Alarms for personal and home use.

TASER MC26C
Stop An Urban Gorilla: Get 2 FREE TASER M26C Replacement Air Cartridges With Each New TASER M26C!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga