FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 43 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
mohdnabeel, sunny, swordy, jerrybarry24, SenseiGregT
22915 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
AndyLA 3
futsaowingchun 3
Matakiant 3
kolslaw 1
Bartfast 1
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
New Topics
Tan,Bong,Fuk & Wu Sao
by futsaowingchun
Yesterday at 12:10 AM
Living a full life violence free...
by GojuRyuboy13
09/25/14 08:50 AM
Wing Chun-internal training
by futsaowingchun
09/23/14 09:01 PM
Martial News
by Matakiant
09/23/14 06:42 AM
STX Kickboxing Seminar
by Marcus Charles
09/09/14 06:57 PM
Biu Tzu- 1st section applications
by futsaowingchun
09/05/14 10:56 PM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by
05/13/07 08:02 AM
Eugue Ryu
by
03/27/07 12:06 AM
Recent Posts
Tan,Bong,Fuk & Wu Sao
by futsaowingchun
Yesterday at 12:10 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Victor Smith
09/28/14 07:11 PM
Living a full life violence free...
by GojuRyuboy13
09/25/14 08:50 AM
Wing Chun-internal training
by futsaowingchun
09/23/14 09:01 PM
Martial News
by Matakiant
09/23/14 06:42 AM
attacked from behind
by AndyLA
09/19/14 09:05 AM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
09/18/14 06:07 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by Zombie Zero
09/16/14 04:43 PM
Eugue Ryu
by kolslaw
09/12/14 03:35 PM
Biu Tzu- 1st section applications
by futsaowingchun
09/05/14 10:56 PM
Forum Stats
22915 Members
36 Forums
35579 Topics
432500 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 ... 15 16 >
Topic Options
#153378 - 06/07/05 11:57 AM Dim-Mak and other related stuff
phillip Offline
Stranger

Hi im looking for any GOOD books on Dim-mak and other related stuff. theres on thing im really interested in is muscle supperation, were u seperate the muscle so it wont work, if u know of any GOOD books with that stuff in it i would really appreciate it if u let me knew.
Thanks,bye

#153379 - 07/30/05 06:31 PM Re: Dim-Mak and other related stuff [Re: phillip]
Boomer Offline

Loc: York, Pa
In my experience, muscle seperation is a result of one of 2 things:
1) the muscle is cut with a weapon or tool
2) the bone or a joint close to the bone is broken or dislocated and the muscle tore away

As far as books go...good luck. Most dim mak books and teachers are fraudulent.

#153380 - 05/27/06 09:58 PM Re: Dim-Mak and other related stuff [Re: phillip]
paulojose Offline
Stranger

I recomend you better find a Good Book of Kyusho jitsu, is too similar to Dim Mak but is a little more realistic. You can find a goodone in Amazon of the author George Dillman or Evan Pantazi.

#153381 - 05/28/06 12:28 AM Re: Dim-Mak and other related stuff [Re: phillip]
Ed_Morris Offline
Professional Poster

'GOOD books' and 'Dim-mak' seem to be a contradiction in terms.

have a look at fajing principles instead.

when someone can reproduce the results of dim-mak, and after they write a book from their prison cell...then I might read it.

here are some dim mak titles I'd like to see:

"Dim-Mak Testing vs. Serial Murder"

"Anti Dim-Mak: Putting life in your touch"

"Dim-Mak ....for Dummies"

"Death Touching on the first date?"

"How I created a wormhole space-time continuum when I simultaneously performed Dim-Mak and Reiki."

#153382 - 05/28/06 12:39 PM Re: Dim-Mak and other related stuff [Re: Ed_Morris]
wristtwister Offline
like a chiropractor, only evil

Loc: South Carolina
Ed,
just to play "devil's advocate" for a moment... do you think a pistol will kill you, or do you have to look down the barrel of one and pull the trigger for the evidence?

2nd question would be: "how much actual training in Dim Mak do you have?"

And my favorite book would be "Myopic Septicism and how it disproves all medical evidence when used on the internet".

I do, however, agree with you that "a look at fajing principles instead" would be more beneficial for you. Personally, I don't have to be hit by a car to know not to stand in front of one when it's moving...

While Dim Mak has been romanticized way too much, there is a lot of medical evidence that promotes the theory that hitting "certain vital spots in the body" causes irreparable damage. If you disagree, let one of the students kick you in the thoat or cajones, or carotid sinus and then type your skeptical answer...

#153383 - 05/28/06 01:34 PM Re: Dim-Mak and other related stuff [Re: wristtwister]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Loc: York PA. USA
Quote by Wristtwister -

Quote:

just to play "devil's advocate" for a moment... do you think a pistol will kill you, or do you have to look down the barrel of one and pull the trigger for the evidence?

LOL. Point taken, but there is significant statistical evidence to support the belief that gunshots will kill a human. I am not aware of much similar evidence regarding Dim Mak deaths.

Quote:

2nd question would be: "how much actual training in Dim Mak do you have?

Whoops!

*whistles, backs slowly out of the thread*

#153384 - 05/28/06 02:34 PM Re: Dim-Mak and other related stuff [Re: MattJ]
wristtwister Offline

Quote:

I am not aware of much similar evidence regarding Dim Mak deaths

And why would you be? Most scientific research is tendered toward finding what killed someone, not necessarily how and when the injury was incurred. Dim Mak strikes are designed not necessarily to cause instant death, but injuries that cause death from hematomas, clots, and all kinds of other "injuries" that can be initiating "naturally occuring" injuries or getting a little help from the outside to cause different body systems to shut down.

Talk to a surgeon sometimes about hitting the vagus nerve in the neck. It's the most widely used pressure point knockout vehicle (ST-9)(and one of the most dangerous) because it is connected to every major organ in the body. Hitting there can cause all kinds of body shutdowns that can't be repaired without acupuncture therapy or other medical procedures, and those "experts" that hit that point all the time are depending on resucication techniques to wake somebody up, but they never think about the damage beyond "waking the uke up". They can be causing liver, kidney, heart and all kinds of other damage that isn't evident from their initial encounter.

A lot of Dim Mak works through the autonomic nervous system as well, and it's like an "unopened e-mail" to the body. When it does it's damage, it causes body systems to begin failing or the blood system to start breaking down. Strategically placed "small clots" can break loose and become dangerous clots as they're transferred to the brain or lungs.

Modern medicine has a lot of new cures for things that were once lethal, and it has diminished the Dim Mak effectiveness by some measure, but unless someone gets the diagnosis immediately correct on a lot of the injuries, there's still time for a Dim Mak strike to do its job. I'm realistic enough to know that everything in Dim Mak isn't still the mystical theory that it once was, but it's not completely discounted either.

Like the cardio cortis phenomenon, there are a lot of things that happen that the skeptics won't consider evidence, and the "true believers" think is clear evidence, so it's still just a difference of opinion. Like shooting that pistol we discussed, accuracy has a lot to do with the effectiveness of it as well. You don't learn the stuff overnight, and it was kept from most of the students for most, if not all, of their training lives. While it's still "wrapped in mystery", I wouldn't discount it strictly because somebody's not "producing the bodies" to prove the technique. If that's necessary, show me the bodies of those from the pistol analogy...

My mother, who had surgery on her carotid artery for a clogged artery, said that her own surgeon mentioned that damage to that area was very "critical" and that he had to be careful to insure that he did no damage that might cause a clot or damage to the vagus nerve that ran through the spot where he had to operate. I can't imagine why he was concerned...

#153385 - 05/28/06 03:42 PM Re: Dim-Mak and other related stuff [Re: wristtwister]
harlan Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Amherst, MA
WT: I'm still stuck above trying to figure out what you meant by 'Myopic Septicism'.

Was that scepticism, or a blood disease?

#153386 - 05/28/06 04:11 PM Re: Dim-Mak and other related stuff [Re: wristtwister]
Ed_Morris Offline
Professional Poster

1st answer: I think that would be known as a rhetorical question.

2nd answer: none, since it's bunk. dim mak possible? yes. trainable and reproducable enough to warrent writing a book on it's techniques? no.

Tell me the difference between hitting someone in the general area of the neck very hard vs. hitting someone very hard on some pinpoint location of the neck within the same general area I'm aiming for.

or to use your example of firearms...would you rather have a shotgun to the general area of the neck, or a bullet to ST-9 ? another point is, would you need/want to practice stem shots for self-defense firearm training?

#153387 - 05/28/06 05:10 PM Re: Dim-Mak and other related stuff [Re: harlan]
wristtwister Offline

Harlan,
second try at answering this... first one went into the cyber dumpster.

"Myopic" relates to "tunnel vision", where you only see what you want to see at the end of the discussion. Skepticism, hopefully doesn't need definition for you.

With no training or deep investigation into Dim Mak, Ed's opinion of it is that it's "bunk", so he chooses to ignore any evidence or facts to the contrary. I just have a differing opinion about it.

It wasn't intended as an insult to Ed, because I know better than that... he might "Google" me to death...

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 ... 15 16 >

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Self Defense
Offering stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and other self defense products not available in stores.

Pepper Spray
Online distributor of self defense supplies like videos, stun guns, Tasers and more.

Spy Cameras
Surveillance, Hidden Cameras, Nanny Cams, Digital Recorders, Spy Equipment, Pocket DVR's and more

Stun Gun
Wholesale Directlhy to the Public! Stun gun and Taser Guns and personal protection products. Keep your loved ones at home safe!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga