FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 41 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
old1, Leonar, ManLar, Vimido, raya
22925 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
futsaowingchun 4
Ronin1966 3
GojuRyuboy13 2
Victor Smith 1
swordy 1
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
New Topics
The Classic Pak Sao drill
by futsaowingchun
10/20/14 10:32 AM
wing chun kicks and knees
by futsaowingchun
10/09/14 12:55 AM
2014 European Championships Juniors: the Gallery
by ergees
10/05/14 10:56 AM
Tan,Bong,Fuk & Wu Sao
by futsaowingchun
09/30/14 12:10 AM
Living a full life violence free...
by GojuRyuboy13
09/25/14 08:50 AM
Wing Chun-internal training
by futsaowingchun
09/23/14 09:01 PM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Leo's Judo Journal
by Leo_E_49
01/24/12 02:58 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by
05/13/07 08:02 AM
Recent Posts
Living a full life violence free...
by GojuRyuboy13
Yesterday at 07:20 AM
The Classic Pak Sao drill
by futsaowingchun
10/20/14 10:32 AM
Leo's Judo Journal
by swordy
10/11/14 09:21 AM
The Karate punch
by Ronin1966
10/09/14 03:16 PM
wing chun kicks and knees
by futsaowingchun
10/09/14 12:55 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Ronin1966
10/08/14 09:22 PM
2014 European Championships Juniors: the Gallery
by ergees
10/05/14 10:56 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by AndyLA
10/04/14 10:20 AM
Tan,Bong,Fuk & Wu Sao
by futsaowingchun
09/30/14 12:10 AM
Wing Chun-internal training
by futsaowingchun
09/23/14 09:01 PM
Forum Stats
22925 Members
36 Forums
35582 Topics
432510 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Topic Options
#152303 - 05/25/07 11:43 AM Re: The Green Dragon Society Website [Re: Prizewriter]
Tienying Offline

Quote:

Just a brief point: The link at the very start of this thread for the Green Dragon Society no longer works.

That is the site of another propent of Chi Tao. You are right..it isnt working..:)

#152304 - 05/25/07 10:31 PM Re: The Green Dragon Society Website [Re: Tienying]
Demonologist437 Offline

Loc: Hodunk, Illinios
Coinicidence, isn't it?

I checked that site and I see no mention of anything to do with "Blood" matches, any masters dying, or any kind of lineage history other than it is a composite of what looks like Wu/Yang Style Taijiquan and Taiji QiGong mixed with an external Shaolin/Wushu art. I am not trying to critize, I am just saying.

What is the history of this "New" Chi Tao Gung-Fu art, what is the lineage, and is that Chicago dojo still around? I may very well visit someday, and would like to know if you'll allow sit-ins from people who have not paid for any classes yet.

I will admit the lack of important information is upsetting, so I am a bit skeptical. However, if you can answer my few questions I would greatly appreciate it.

Further, I imagine a few other members on this board may be asking the same questions in their minds as well.

Edited by Demonologist437 (05/25/07 10:54 PM)

#152305 - 07/21/07 12:23 AM Re: The Green Dragon Society Website [Re: Demonologist437]
Da_Pangzi Offline
Stranger

Great Question. What is, is, can not, not be.

Edited by Da_Pangzi (07/21/07 12:26 AM)

#152306 - 07/21/07 12:31 AM Re: The Green Dragon Society Website [Re: Da_Pangzi]
Da_Pangzi Offline
Stranger

Great Question. What is, is, can not, not be.

Beneath heaven nothing is more soft
and yielding than water.
Yet for attacking the solid and strong,
Nothing can take its place.
Therefore the soft can overcome the hard,
The weak can overwhelm the strong,
Under heaven everyone knows this,
Yet no one puts it into practice.

#152307 - 08/06/07 03:02 PM Re: The Green Dragon Society Website [Re: Demonologist437]
Tienying Offline

Quote:

Coinicidence, isn't it?

I checked that site and I see no mention of anything to do with "Blood" matches, any masters dying, or any kind of lineage history other than it is a composite of what looks like Wu/Yang Style Taijiquan and Taiji QiGong mixed with an external Shaolin/Wushu art. I am not trying to critize, I am just saying.

What is the history of this "New" Chi Tao Gung-Fu art, what is the lineage, and is that Chicago dojo still around? I may very well visit someday, and would like to know if you'll allow sit-ins from people who have not paid for any classes yet.

I will admit the lack of important information is upsetting, so I am a bit skeptical. However, if you can answer my few questions I would greatly appreciate it.

Further, I imagine a few other members on this board may be asking the same questions in their minds as well.

I apologize for the short response but we will be [placing a forum up on the www.chitaogungfu.org site soon. When I get home from the office, i will post a response to this. Take care.

#152308 - 08/13/07 03:50 PM Re: The Green Dragon Society Website [Re: Tienying]
Tienying Offline

Quote:

Coincidence, isn't it?

I checked that site and I see no mention of anything to do with "Blood" matches, any masters dying, or any kind of lineage history other than it is a composite of what looks like Wu/Yang Style Taijiquan and Taiji Qigong mixed with an external Shaolin/Wushu art. I am not trying to criticize, I am just saying.

Ni hao Demonologist. The reason that you see no mention of those things you mentioned is first...that it would be very inappropriate and second...this is my own website, which is by design very general, partly due to very little need for enticement thru fame or claims. Potential students should know what they seek and we are more than willing to help them find what they are looking for, if the Chi Tao Gung Fu training isn’t a good fit. The blood matches and history of the art is still there...it didn't disappear. This model is proving to be very successful for my goal of teaching a new generation this art. In the excellent book, Tao De Gung (martial arts & its virtues) by Chu, he speaks of the fact that truly devoted teachers and proponents of arts are usually not famous or well known, mostly due to the fact that they have little need for salesmanship or fanfare. If they do become famous, it is usually due to the work and reputation of those that they produce or help become healthier through training. Am I saying that, martial arts teachers shouldn’t be well known or be compensated? Of course not, they have a right to make a living with their passion. I am just illustrating that all over the world there are arts that silently develop new generations of students in relative obscurity.

Please read my various commentaries in this thread above to clarify your inquiries above. It is definitely NOT Wushu (no offense at all) mixed with Tai Chi Ch'uan. As it has been said before, even in Chicago, Chi Tao Ch’uan has a history dating back to the late 50’s. This art was known and had over 10 schools in the day of my father, here in Chicago…circa late 60’s – 70’s. I will say this...Chi Tao Gungfu is definitely not 'New' and it isn’t a sport...but a serious martial tradition requiring dedication and perseverance, as well as respect for one's own teachers and self. Is it evolving? …of course and any art that claims not to is a dead martial art or science. I am currently working on the lineage chart for accuracy, as well the getting clips ready for the site and possibly other venues. And please note that I am definitely not the sole proponent of this art, nor am I by far its highest ranking teacher. I am just working to place it where it should be in today’s information age.

I hold ALL practitioners of this honorable system (beginners and adepts) close to my heart and above even myself. This is our way. I respect and teach my students to respect all proponents of the martial sciences...equally. As I have said before that any system that improves another and makes them a better human being…is to be honored. Our training halls and groups are semi ‘closed–door’. This means that traditionally we do not allow anyone to just wander into a students class (which they are paying for mind you) and disrupt it for the sake of spectating or proving we exist. Does this mean that we don’t let other internal or martial masters and students visit upon invite or association? Of course not.

Chi Tao Gungfu is the foundation of my life and my 'Way'. Feel free to contact me for dialogue on the website...via email to info@chitaogungfu.org. Ohh...and it is a Guan (Mandarin) or Kwoon (Cantonese)...not a dojo...that is paramount to calling a Chinese master or teacher...a 'sensei'. Walk in peace and be safe.

Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderator:  Cord, Gavin, JasonM, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Stun Guns
Variety of stun gun devices for your protection

Buy Pepper Spray
Worry about your family when you’re not around? Visit us today to protect everything you value.

Koryu.com
Accurate information on the ancient martial traditions of the Japanese samurai

C2 Taser
Protect yourself and loved ones from CRIME with the latest C2 Taser citizen model. Very effective.

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga