FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 40 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
LeroyCFischer, JadeKing, Beefcake, WesJones, simonajones111
22933 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
charlie 2
futsaowingchun 2
Matakiant 1
William_Bent 1
simonajones111 1
November
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
New Topics
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
I gained a lot of month in the last few months
by simonajones111
11/19/14 04:54 AM
Siu Lin Tao-3rd section applications
by futsaowingchun
11/13/14 06:48 PM
Screen fighting course UK December 2014
by charlie
11/11/14 04:09 PM
Siu Lin Tao-1st section Pak Sao explanations
by futsaowingchun
11/09/14 10:30 PM
I spy kata bunkai..
by GojuRyuboy13
10/29/14 08:28 AM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
MA style video library
by
03/22/06 03:18 PM
Recent Posts
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
I gained a lot of month in the last few months
by simonajones111
11/19/14 04:54 AM
Siu Lin Tao-3rd section applications
by futsaowingchun
11/13/14 06:48 PM
Screen fighting course UK December 2014
by charlie
11/11/14 04:09 PM
MA style video library
by charlie
11/11/14 04:05 PM
Siu Lin Tao-1st section Pak Sao explanations
by futsaowingchun
11/09/14 10:30 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/29/14 10:01 PM
I spy kata bunkai..
by GojuRyuboy13
10/29/14 08:28 AM
Forum Stats
22933 Members
36 Forums
35589 Topics
432521 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#152243 - 06/16/05 12:44 AM Re: The Green Dragon Society Website [Re: chitaochuan]
laf7773 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Limbo
Watch the language.

#152244 - 06/16/05 01:28 AM Re: The Green Dragon Society Website [Re: Kempoman]
nekogami13 V2.0 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Texas, USA
"Chi-Tao Ch'uan is the closest to Pa-Kua. Outwardly they are both the same, but inwardly they are different."-GDS website

So it's bagua, whats so secret about that?

#152245 - 06/16/05 10:27 AM Re: The Green Dragon Society Website [Re: chitaochuan]
Kempoman Offline
Veteran

Loc: Houston, TX
Quote:

I won't start a argument on this forum with someone as smart as KEMPOMAN.

My intelligence itself is a subject of much debate.

Quote:

Yes there are blood matches.

Well...then please tell us about them. Perhaps it is something as simple as whoever bleeds first loses or wins.

Quote:

No GREEN DRAGON SOCIETY is not a cult.

Then why do you come out like I have attacked you personally or you martial art directly. I have offered a critque of the information on the website, nothing more.

Quote:

NO you don't have to beg or grovel for instruction.

Uh excuse me but..

Quote:

Snipped from the Green Dragon Society Website

A person has to call and go for an interview before a Master. If accepted, he is on probationary study. After his first Rank Test, he is accepted as a student on Probation, which lasts one to three years. After the student grades are passed, he must fight to be admitted into the Third Inner Circle of the "Temple." If he can pass through this array (he has until midnight, from dawn, and can try over and over as long as he can stand up)... he receives the first rank. He is trusted as a loyal, hardworking student, though he may be the equivalent of a Black Belt in Karate!!!!!!!!! Then he spends five to seven years in another type of Probation, this is to prove to a particular Master that he is worthy of the Higher or Internal Arts. While he may be trusted, honest, and hardworking, he must learn, appreciate, and sacrifice much, in order to make a Master feel like spending his precious time (taken from the Master's own self-developments) to teach this person.

...I beg to differ.

Quote:

KEMPOMAN you insult me and my art and then you want me to explain it to you.

No if you actually read the initial post it says...

Quote:

Now remember chitaochuan this is not an attack on you personally, but rather a critique of the information and content of the website that you invited us to view.

...and yes I would like you to explain it to me. I've been at this for more than thirty years and I find it interesting to learn of other arts.

Quote:

You have it all analized and you are free to belive what you want.

I take it you actually mean analyzed (in the vein of analysis) and not analized which I guess would mean that I am being an, oh wait perhaps you did mean analized.

I believe that the website is full of hype and hoopla. I know nothing of the style. I am simply stating my opinion of the information on the site. It is poorly written and contains too much hyperbole for my taste (but most MA websites do these days).

I really would like to know more about the style.

Quote:

Have a nice day

You too, and I mean that. Please consider having an open exchange of information with me. I promise to be nice.

--K

#152246 - 06/16/05 10:45 AM Re: The Green Dragon Society Website [Re: Kempoman]
MAGr Offline
Veteran

Loc: London, home: Athens
Kempoman, you are being too nice.
No you are not critisizing the art, that much is clear. But what you said/implied before about the school is correct!
Too much hoop-la, how do you (royal you) expect to take this school seriously when they say things like
Quote:

Each phase is more deadly and secret than the last one.

Gimme a break!
Kung fu seccrets have being revealed a long time ago, it sounds like something that should be advertised on telemarketing to me! It doesnt mean it doesnt work, it just looks cheap and full of fabricated hype!

#152247 - 06/16/05 10:55 AM Re: The Green Dragon Society Website [Re: MAGr]
trevek Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Poland
On the TKD forum there is a lad who asks "Which MA's are designed to kill?". He got flammed to hell but if this site is as you say then this is the kind of thing which encourages the idea. I'm suspect about anything which has to advertise itself on killing.

Supporting everyone saying "nuts to cancer"

#152248 - 06/17/05 11:39 AM Re: The Green Dragon Society Website [Re: trevek]
JohnL Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: NY, NY, USA
I'll admit that I don't often visit this section of the forum as I don't practice a chinese MA, however I dropped in out of curiosty this morning.

However, I don't need to have any experience of Chinese MA's to recognise complete crap when I see it.

Whoever put this site together has had a bit too much of the Waccy Baccy folks. And whoever is recommending that this site is of any value needs to go see a good shrink. Failing that I've got a whole load of bright pink squirrels I'd like to sell you if you're that gullible.

#152249 - 06/17/05 12:45 PM Re: The Green Dragon Society Website [Re: JohnL]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Loc: York PA. USA
PINK SQUIRRELS? REALLY?!?!?!

*RUNS to find checkbook*

#152250 - 06/17/05 12:49 PM Re: The Green Dragon Society Website [Re: JohnL]
RazorFoot Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Seated at the computer, DUH
I do find the claims, method of entry, and the information on the webpage as highly unrealistic. I try not to knock any MA because normally, every Art has something beneficial to offer but in this case, I am at a loss.

#152251 - 06/17/05 01:04 PM Re: The Green Dragon Society Website [Re: RazorFoot]
butterfly Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Torrance, CA
Let's just paraphrase George Orwell in Animal Farm:

Some are more deserving of condemnation that others.

-B

#152252 - 07/16/05 08:50 PM Re: The Green Dragon Society Website [Re: chitaochuan]
Tienying Offline

Quote:

I won't start a argument on this forum with someone as smart as KEMPOMAN.Yes there are blood matches. No GREEN DRAGON SOCIETY is not a cult. NO you don't have to beg or grovel for instruction. KEMPOMAM you insult me and my art and then you want me to explain it to you.You have it all analized and you are free to belive what you want.Oh SANCHIN31 maybe you should reread that funny bs again seeing you got your ass whipped with the system you study.

Have a nice day

Well, first of all i would like to apologize for the language utilized herein. I came across this and was abit upset myself over the topic and reactions. But i offer this. I will humbly check this thread and try to bridge any misunderstandings. I only ask for the benefit of respectful conversation.

I have studied Wu Ch'uan Chi tao since 1994 and am currently a Instructor. I assure you that the art has a long US history and I will link you to other discussions found elsewhere ot demostrate it.

Of course there is the discussion of the site design. I do not maintain it, but I would say that one should read it again and understand that many of the items described there have in fact happened since about 1959. the following link is to be found on the bullshido website. I only ask that you read the moderators post. With this posted, I am humbly waiting to try to answer the questions I can.

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthre...+dragon+society

Edited by Tienying (07/16/05 08:53 PM)

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Cord, Gavin, JasonM, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Ryukyu Art
Artifacts from the Ryukyu Kingdom missing since WWII. Visit www.ShisaLion.Org to view pictures

Best Stun Guns
Self Defense Products-stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and more

Surveillance 4U
Complete surveillance systems for covert operations or secure installation security

Asylum Images
Book presents photo tour of the Trans-Allegany Lunatic Asylum. A must if you're going to take a ghost tour!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga